When you hear the term “Fat Burner” you usually think of caffeine, yohimbe, and green tea extract or practically any legal stimulant you can get your hands on.
You can’t blame them; they’re vastly studied, the approach is easy to understand, and it’s socially accepted to “take too much.”
There are plenty of other ways to rev our metabolism, though, and PES seems to explore those options with SHIFT, the versatile and stackable fat burner.
Will this SHIFT make us go VROOM, VROOM or boo hoo? Let’s find out!
SHIFT markets itself as a caffeine-free and versatile metabolism booster. It claims to attack the other metabolic pathways stimulants barely touch. Some of those include increasing our thyroid hormones, agonizing Beta 2 & 3 receptors, and increasing cAMP. Stim-free or not, we always welcome something new on the table and this looks promising specially since it claims to be stackable. Formula notes:
- No Caffeine: SHIFTING from the usual is risky and being stim-free is like taking a plunge into unknown waters.
- Focused: Minimalism is the new black.
- Synephrine: It claims to have at least 70 mg and it’s easily twice or thrice more than the usual doses we see in most supplements.
SHIFT Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|CITRUS AURANTIUM (FRUIT) EXTRACT – (30% P-SYNEPHRINE)||234 mg|
|RHODIOLA ROSEA (ROOT) EXTRACT||200 mg|
|FORSKOLIN-95+ MATRIX WITH FORSLEAN(R)|
|HEMEROCALLIS FULVA (FLOWER) EXTRACT||200 mg|
|COLEUS FORSKOHLII (ROOT) EXTRACT – (95% FORSKOLIN)||50 mg|
|OLIVE (LEAF) EXTRACT||200 mg|
|AFRAMOMUM MELEGUETA (SEED) EXTRACT||40 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #3|
|Directions for use: Take 1-2 capsules in the morning on an empty stomach. SHIFT may cause mild stimulation. Do not combine SHIFT with any other products containing Citrus aurantium (Bitter Orange) or synephrine.|
Stackable Stim-Free Burner Will Make You Think Twice About Caffeine.
The supplement industry is rife with stimulants it’s hard to find one that isn’t. After all, stimulants sell like sex and sex sells ALL THE TIME. PES doesn’t think so and based on the ingredients, we may very well believe it. It may not have stimulants but bro it cuts through our body lard all the same. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Synephrine: Synephrine works in two ways. The first one is it increases the thermic effect of food which makes you burn more calories just to process what you ate. The other way is by activating Beta 2 and Beta 3 receptors. These receptors trigger breakdown of triglycerides and Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) and leads to faster metabolism. Don’t worry about the 70 mg dosage. It’s completely safe.
- Rhodiola Rosea. Rhodiola is a good adaptogen and is helpful for coping with the stress you get when you go on a diet. Dosage is effective for fatigue and perception of stress and anxiety although we’re not sure about the rosavin or salidroside content.
- Hemerocallis Fulva: This is a rare plant in supplements. Also called the Orange Daylily, it’s been shown to boost lipolysis in animal studies specially when combined with noradrenaline which suggests synergy with Synephrine.
- Coleus Forskohlii. Coleus contains forskolin, a compound known to induce fat loss while also preserving muscle mass in dieters. It’s known to activate cAMP and boost thyroid hormone production which are the things you want to happen when you’re on a diet. At 95% standardization, this is some seriously potent stuff.
- Olive leaf extract. Olive is known to be a thyroid hormone booster (noradrenaline and adrenaline) which helps burn off BAT. Dosage is within working range.
- Aframomum Melegueta. Also known as Grains of Paradise, this herb Is noted for its ability to specifically target BAT and transform it into body heat. While it’s not standardized, the study was noted to use 10 mg and SHIFT has 40 mg so we can assume it has the clinical dosage to say the least.
SHIFT markets itself as the kind of fat burner that isn’t YOUR kind of fat burner. Its deviation from traditional fat-burner ingredients and fat burning techniques could’ve blown up on its face but it didn’t. The keyword here is research and PES have done their homework!
SHIFT’s strategy revolves around burning fat without using the same pathways typical stimulants do. Synephrine spikes up body heat while also waking up your body’s fat burning system by boosting noradrenaline levels. Working in tandem is Orange Daylily which capitalizes on Synephrine’s noradrenaline boost to burn off the fat that tries to escape the purge.
Forskolin and Olive leaf further augment thyroid hormone production which further supports the Synephrine-Daylily stack while Grains of Paradise takes care of the excess BAT build up in your body. To cap it all off is Rhodiola to make sure you don’t fall into a stress-induced eating habit because we all know dieting SUCKS ASS bro.
SHIFT is damn good at burning fat but that’s not its best attribute. As you can see, it really focuses on indirectly attacking fat and this formula, with its simple yet intelligent design, lays the foundation for a pretty good workout stack.
Imagine combining the likes of a top rated PWO with SHIFT and you’ll get a mega preworkout capable of high energy, fat blasting, pump boosting goodness!
Hey, if you want to stay “clean” you’re welcome to fuse this with other stim-free fat burners to further enhance the fat burning power. Just make sure you keep away from those with synephrine included since SHIFT already has plenty of it.
I mean, bro you don’t want to OD on synephrine even if it’s supposed to be “safe.” Let’s not be the one guy who makes the good things illegal now, ayt?
Quality fat burning without the stim-crashes or jitters while boosting energy by melting fat. It’s also stackable so it paves the way for creativity. Being stim-free allows cycling to be easier without missing out on the fat burning benefits. Heck, it could even function as a nighttime burner specially if it’s winter and you’re not Canadian but you’re in Canada. Lastly, if you like feeling the thermo, SHIFT will make you sweat like a pig. A BIG ASS PIG.
Who Takes It?
It’s definitely for the experts and veterans in the lifting business. It’s for those who want something stackable but can also stand on its own. SHIFT’s approach is a bit way off the usual and could take some getting used to so it’s a good thing it’s versatile enough for stacks.
Any Side Effects?
It should be relatively safe or mostly side-effect free unless you’re not accustomed to Synephrine. It might also have a tendency to dehydrate you with all the sweating you’ll be doing so make sure you drink a gallon of water a day if you consider SHIFT.
- Stim-free. No crashing or jitters!
- Intelligent design. Each ingredient links together.
- Focused. Hormone POWAAAAH!
- Quality ingredients. Forskolin and Synephrine are the main stars.
- Stackable. How many times have we said this?!
- Good value. $1.00 per serving ain’t so bad for what it can do.
- Withdrawal. Some bros might miss their caffeine.
- Colorants. No need for that, bro.
- Too focused. Broseph over there prefers “complete” supplements
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 serving): $29.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on SHIFT
SHIFT is definitely on to something. It’s one of those fat burners that dare us to see fat burning from a whole new perspective and I’m sure some of us would go “nirvana” over this concept. Don’t take us the wrong way. It’s a great alternative but not quite in the same class as the best.
It works on its own but it’s not as “complete” like its competition specially when you’re looking for something to boost energy and lifting power. It can be the best if you, the user, would stack it with something to make it the best so go out there and be your own Walter White.