“Thermodynamic Metabolic Activator.” Sounds like science fiction, right?
Well, this “Activator” concept doesn’t power a starship’s Hyper Drive… but it does power the HYPER SHRED fat-burner formula.
Advertised as a “clean fat-burning & training support” supplement, HYPER SHRED is as advanced as it sounds — leveraging cutting-edge ingredients to achieve surprisingly high potency in each single-capsule serving.
But is HYPER SHRED’s 460 mg. serving size big enough to unlock thermogenic benefits and more? Let’s find out.
About HYPER SHRED
Made by BSN supplementation, HYPER SHRED is a weight-loss formula that focuses on boosting energy expenditure & metabolic performance. This 1-2 punch enhances gym performance, helping you burn more while training. While HYPER SHRED is a “fat-burner,” you can take it like a pre-workout, too. Formula notes:
- Concentrated & Convenient. HYPER SHRED is designed to replace powder fat-burners/pre-workouts with a single-capsule serving size.
- Training focus. Stacks nootropic nutrients with energy compounds to prime body and mind for peak gym performance.
- Thermodynamic. Includes potent fat-burning botanicals to enhance results from weight loss-oriented fitness training.
HYPER SHRED Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
Servings Per Container: 90
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||1.3 mg (87% DV)|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||1.5 mg (88% DV)|
|Niacin||20 mg (100% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||1.8 mg (90% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||4 mcg (67% DV)|
|Chromium||15 mcg (13% DV)|
|HYPER SHRED™ Proprietary Blend||460 mg|
Caffeine Anhydrous, Bitter Orange Extract (Citrus aurantium) (30% Synephrine) (Advantra Z®), Red Pepper Extract (Fruit) (2% Capsaicinoids) (Capsimax®), Black Pepper Extract (Fruit) (95% Piperine) (BioPerine®)
Bacopa Extract (Whole Plant) (20% Bacosides A&B), DL-Phenylalanine, Niacin, Toothed Club Moss Extract (Aerial Parts) (1% Huperzine A), Pyridoxine HCl, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Cyanocobalamin
Banaba Leaf Extract (18% Colosolic Acid) (GlucoHelp™), Chromium Chloride
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Magnesium Stearate, Water, Silicon Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red 40, Black Iron Oxide and FD&C Blue 1.|
|Directions: As a dietary supplement, begin by consuming 1 capsule of HyperShred on an empty stomach 30-45 minutes before your first meal or protein shake. Wait approximately 4-5 hours, and if suitable, consume a second capsule and assess your tolerance again. Do not consume more than 2 capsules simultaneously or 3 capsules daily. Approximately 180mg of caffeine per serving or capsule.|
HYPER SHRED backs its big claims with quality, high-potency ingredients – but the dosage might let us down.
Let’s start with the basics. HYPER SHRED supplies five B vitamins plus chromium. But don’t believe what you see… these basics seem formulated to fail. Check it:
- HYPER SHRED’s 15 micrograms of chromium is way low. You need 30 mcg for Adequate Intake and 200-1000 mcg to hit clinical range.
- They use Chromium Chloride, the crappiest, hardest-to-absorb form there is.
- They formulate with the cheaper forms of vitamin B6 (P-5-P is better) and vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin is better).
- Their 67% DV of vitamin B12 is unimpressive considering that standalone products routinely hit 83,333% DV (literally).
Kind of a weak start to the formula. But don’t stress, Bro. It gets better…
HYPER SHRED Proprietary Blend, 460 mg
It’s just three complexes, but they use a lot of science backed compounds, many of which are in premium form. Let’s check out HYPER SHRED’s complexes:
With a name like that, you just gotta go all-caps. This blend supplies:
- Caffeine: Reliable fat burner (our #2-ranked, in fact) is the blend’s biggest dosage (180 mg).
- Bitter orange: As Advantra-Z®, a premium form standardized to the maximum 30% synephrine, an active (and potent) fat burner.
- Red pepper: As Capsimax®, another premium brand standardized to 2% capsaicinoid fat burners… good sign of quality.
- Black pepper: As Bioperine®, another top-shelf brand. Standardized to 95% piperine, this thermogenic also boosts absorption of all the formula’s nutrients.
The “tropic” is for nootropics… which is what this blend is designed to supply:
- Bacopa: Standardized to 20% Bacosides, it’s our #3-ranked Best Nootropic
- DL-Phenylalanine: 2X amino acid supports mood, focus & physical comfort
- Club Moss Extract: Supplies 1% Huperzine-A, which is another great nootropic.
Does HYPER SHRED know what “mimetic” means? It means to imitate something; “make-believe.” So yeah… “Mimetic Composite” is a pretty dumb name for a blend. Is this blend pretending to be something else? Anyway, it supplies:
- GlucoHelp™: Sexy, premium branded ingredient for blood sugar balance.
- Chromium Chloride: Another repeat of what’s listed earlier on label. Sloppy.
HYPER SHRED is strong in terms of ingredient choices and ingredient quality.
However, we think their “one-capsule serving size” strategy might be counterproductive. Sure, it’s convenient. But the drawback is you’re only getting 460 mg of active nutrition each time you take it.
Still, for some, the 1-cap serving is a nice alternative to behemoths fat burners like Animal Cuts, which has a huge 8-cap serving size…
HYPER SHRED is all prop blends, so we have to guess at dosage… but we DO know there’s 180 mg of caffeine per serving. That leaves 280 mg to be split among the remaining 13 ingredients. With that, we’ve got to assume the actual dosage is quite small for each one.
HYPER SHRED knows this. That’s why they take some smart steps to squeeze more activity out of the smaller doses.
For example, every single herb in this formula is standardized… And they are standardized for effective active ingredients. Freakin’ awesome.
HYPER SHRED goes further by including Bioperine, which enhances the absorption of all these premium herbs & other compounds. Bioperine is kind of a hallmark of supplements that mean business, including our favorite T-booster.
In this case, what Bioperine means is that a even though you’re only taking one capsule, it has a higher level of active ingredients, and more of them will reach your bloodstream. In this respect, HYPER SHRED is “ultra-concentrated,” just as advertised.
HYPER SHRED’s Thermodynamic Interfusion is a synergistic-thermogenic stack, optimized for absorption.
It starts with caffeine. Effective, but boring. What HYPER SHRED stacks caffeine with is intriguing: High potency herbal thermogenics that work with caffeine to achieve what we believe to be off-the-charts fat-burning activity. Oh yeah. It’s hot stuff, Bro.
But after Thermodynamic Infusion, HYPER SHRED’s formula weakens a bit.
In Acti-Tropic Complex, Bacopa is a great nootropic, standardized for quality… but 20% bacosides is low (the Best nootropic stacks hit 40% bacosides or more). The cheap B-vitamins in this blend don’t help focus at all. But Huperzine-A is a winner, because it works for focus in tiny dosages.
Finally the Mimetic Composite uses high-quality GlucoHelp to balance blood sugar. But is that really the best use of the capsule space? When we think “fat burning + training focus,” blood sugar balance isn’t the first bio-activity that springs to mind. Especially in a 1-capsule serving, where every mg counts.
Oh yeah, and HYPER SHRED’s use of lousy B-vitamins and weak-ass shitty chromium forms are an embarrassment to the formula. How can they go high-end on their herbs and then go so cheap on the basics?
Overall, HYPER SHRED is smart fat-burner formula. Granted, its nootropics are an afterthought, & Mimetic Composite is off-target. But HYPER SHRED is mostly a thermodynamic formula… and its Thermodynamic Interfusion is so strong, it helps overcome the formula flaws.
HYPER SHRED Benefits
Ah, the burning question: Does Hyper Shred Work? We say YES for thermogenesis & fat-burning. You will feel warm sensations and a stimulating energy boost. These bio-activities combine to accelerate weight loss (combined with training). Other benefits might include mood balance, quick thinking, stress reduction & brain energy, all from HYPER SHRED’s Bacopa & Huperzine-A.
Who Takes It?
HYPER SHRED seems mostly designed for fitness-minded gym buffs who want to boost their training performance and accelerate their weight loss at the same time.
Any Side Effects?
Probably. HYPER SHRED gets a little complicated here. They are combining caffeine with Synephrine, a potent combination that has been linked to side effects and risks — just look at what the Mayo Clinic says about this combination.
But, this is why HYPER SHRED is so smart to use standardized extracts: Supplying more “active ingredients” in less total herbage, they help minimize side effects & unpleasant interactions.
Just take a close look at HYPER SHRED’s directions, which advise a “breaking in” period to assess your unique tolerance before moving on to bigger dosages.
Also take a close look at HYPER SHRED’s label warning. It is about a mile long, which may suggest additional side effects, especially for people with sensitivities:
HYPER SHRED Summary
- Uncluttered. We like the simplified 3-stack design.
- Convenient. Easy to take, just one capsule per serving.
- Ultra-concentrated. Dense with powerful active ingredients.
- Absorbable. Designed to deliver maximum nutrition to your bloodstream
- Premium. Several sexy, high-potency branded herbal ingredients
- Potential synergy. Smart ingredient choices seem to work well together.
- Limited. One capsule at 460 mg raises doubts about dosages.
- Some shoddy choices. Poor use of shitty B-vitamins & cheap chromium.
- Prop blends. Just show us the freaking dosages already. Especially caffeine.
- No “clean label.” They claim it’s clean, but it has junky synthetics & “others.”
- Possible risks. Caffeine+synephrine may cause unpleasant effect or dangers.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (90 capsules): $31.97
- Available online & in retail vitamin stores
Final Word on HYPER SHRED
HYPER SHRED’s Thermodynamic Interfusion is a potent & effective fat-burning stack that earns a 3.7 on its own. But if you do try HYPER SHRED, take it responsibly. Make it your only stimulant source. This is some powerful shit. Risks and rewards, Bro.