What protein blend could unseat MusclePharm Combat Protein powder as one of the most popular in the market?
We believe it’s Evlution Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN. Although similar to its predecessor in several ways, EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN has gained a following of its own, thanks in large part to its vaunted Multi-Stage 5 Protein Blend.
This should be one heck of a review, folks.
About EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN
According to Evlution Nutrition, STACKED PROTEIN “combines the highest quality protein available with the best taste possible. All without the high fat and carbs found in some other products. Nothing else offers so many benefits! Once you make the switch, you’ll never go back!” Formula notes:
- Multi-Stage 5 Protein Blend. Helps consumers remain in an anabolic state for hours.
- Delicious taste. The manufacturer wasn’t kidding when it made this claim.
- Comes in five flavors. These are Birthday Cake, Chocolate Decadence, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies & Cream, and Vanilla Ice Cream.
EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN Supplement Facts (Cookies & Cream, 4 lbs.)
Serving Size 1 Scoop (36g)
Amount Per Serving / %Daily Value
|Calories From Fat||20|
|Total Fat||2 g 3%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g 5%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||75 mg 25%|
|Sodium||100 mg 4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g 4%|
|Protein||25 g 50%|
Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Egg White Protein), Cookie Crumbs, Amino Acid Blend (L-Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides), Inulin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono & Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tri-Calcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Sucralose, Enzyme Blend (Aminogen, Lactase), Acesulfame Potassium
Directions For Stacked Protein: Add one rounded scoop of STACKED PROTEIN to 6 oz. of your favorite liquid such as water, skim milk or unsweetened almond milk. Stir with a spoon or shake in a cup for 15-20 seconds until protein powder fully dissolves.
STACKED with Better Ingredients for Better Results
When EVL Nutrition dubbed its main product as STACKED PROTEIN, it sure wasn’t kidding.
Have we found the protein blend which can trump the likes of MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder? Yes, we think so.
EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN packs 25 grams of protein in one scoop. It has an impressive protein matrix consisting of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, micellar casein, and egg white protein.
Honestly, it’s a virtual clone of MusclePharm Combat in terms of protein content (except the latter has proprietary blends and fillers). Why, then, do we say EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN can emerge as the best protein in the market?
We like its potential. Plain and simple.
Evlution Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN’s protein matrix assures you will remain in an anabolic state for seven to eight hours. You get fast-acting whey protein concentrates and whey protein isolates plus ultra-fast acting whey protein hydrolysates.
In terms of medium-rate absorption, there’s egg white protein, a traditional favorite of Golden Era bodybuilders. One scoop of egg protein can provide around 24 grams of protein. No wonder those guys were one step ahead of everybody else.
Of course, there’s micellar casein – the best kind of casein protein which helps preserve muscle, boost recovery, increase fat loss, and support bone and teeth health. Pretty impressive, folks.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 2 g: EVL Nutrition was able to limit STACKED PROTEIN’s fat content to two grams per serving. No trans fats, either. Beautiful.
- Cholesterol, 75 mg: Other protein powder supplements such as MyProtein Impact Whey Protein are able to keep their cholesterol levels to a bare minimum. EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN has only 75 milligrams of cholesterol per serving, which is pretty good for a protein blend. Had this been a simple whey protein isolate formula, expect that total to be even lower.
- Sodium, 100 mg: If there’s one area where EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN trumps MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder, it’s the sodium content (the latter has 150 mg per serving). Just like fats and carbs, sodium has gotten a bad rap – it need not be the case. You need sodium to help prevent muscle cramps. What you don’t want – especially for those with cardiovascular concerns – is anything in excess.
- Total carbohydrate, 6 g: Most of EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN’s carb content come from sugars (cellulose gum, xanthan gum, carrageenan, and sucralose). While most of these components are common in most protein blends, the inclusion of carrageenan makes us skeptical. Its reputation isn’t exactly sterling – it’s a polysaccharide additive which has been linked to several ailments. Watch out, folks.
It’s become apparent to us EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN could be just another MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder clone. The similarities are almost glaring.
Please don’t take this the wrong way: MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder is a great (albeit flawed) product in its own right.
For its part, Evlution Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN can help you not only build muscle, it can also help you preserve it with its fast- and slow-release proteins.
Don’t forget each scoop has five grams of BCAAs and five grams of glutamine – two potent ingredients for muscle building (in contrast, the popular Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey has only four grams of glutamine per serving).
The fact EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN is low in fats, cholesterol, and sodium is a bonus. The flavors are top-notch, and there are digestive enzymes such as Aminogen which helps boost the absorption process. Any time you get a quality protein which tastes great, you savor it.
On a different note, we give the manufacturer a thumbs up for its transparency regarding the product’s safety. According to the company’s website, EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN “has ultra-filtered protein source” and is “made in an NSF, GMP-certified manufacturing plant.”
However, the inclusion of a questionable ingredient such as carrageenan makes us cringe. The heap of ingredients may also suggest the presence of fillers.
Still, the pros outweigh the cons.
EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN Benefits
EVL Nutrition enumerates the benefits of STACKED PROTEIN on its official website:
- Multi-stage 5-protein blend of fast-, medium-, and slow-release proteins
- Complete muscle fuel day or night
- Ultra-filtered pure protein sources
- Aminogen + Lactase Digestive Enzyme Blend
- No amino spiking – all protein from complete dairy and egg protein sources
Because EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN has an assortment of proteins with different absorption rates, it will help fuel your muscles and boost your recovery for prolonged periods of time.
Better yet, the manufacturer assures customers these protein sources are ultra-filtered for higher quality. This also negates the possibility of amino spiking, where some manufacturers deceive their consumers by adding low-quality amino acids. They do this to meet the protein amount on the label. Not the case with EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN.
The product also comes with digestive enzymes for better absorption. Always a major plus, folks.
Who Takes It?
EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN is intended for athletes and active people over the age of 18 who want to build muscle mass, boost recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements. Good for bodybuilding, and nicely complements pre workout supplements. Especially those in the Evlution Nutrition line, by design.
Any Side Effects?
The carrageenan component of EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN may induce digestive or intestinal discomfort in some individuals. It’s best to consult with your doctor if you have had a history of these issues.
The manufacturer makes it clear in the warning label:
Finally, those who are allergic to milk, egg, and soy should seek their physician’s advice before consuming.
EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN Summary
- Multi-stage five-protein blend. Twenty-five grams per scoop.
- Ultra-filtered protein sources. For higher quality.
- Five grams of BCAAs and five grams of glutamine per serving. For muscle building.
- Low in fats, cholesterol, and sodium. Impressive feat for a protein blend.
- Delicious flavors. One of the tastiest protein supplements in the market.
- Has carrageenan. Additive linked to some health issues
- Possible presence of fillers. We took a hint from the numerous ingredients.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 5-serving container (5-Day Supply): $12.99
- One 1 pound container (12-Day Supply): $14.99
- 1 2-lb. container (24-Day Supply): $34.99
- 1 4 lb container (49-Day Supply): $56.99
- Available to buy online and in retail
Final Word on EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN
Like we said, EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN could very well be the long, lost twin of MusclePharm® Combat Protein Powder – they both feature a multi-blend protein matrix with each serving consisting of 25 grams of protein. Fitness enthusiasts have benefited immensely from both products, whether they want to build muscle, boost recovery, or meet their daily protein requirements.
For its part, EVL Nutrition STACKED PROTEIN could set itself apart from its closest competitors because of its quality ingredients and taste, which appeals to a large chunk of the market. Despite some flaws, we wouldn’t be surprised if it surpassed MusclePharm Combat Protein Powder one of these days.