Some supplements try to do it all, and G FUEL is one of ’em.
G FUEL is a Pre-Workout and a Nootropic and an Energy Drink — all at the same time.
With an ambitious attempt, G FUEL includes some of the best ingredients for each of those categories, plus a complex antioxidant blend.
What you end up with is a new take on Energy Drinks that — while not a pure PWO — still has benefits before training, sports and other competitive activities. Check it:
About G FUEL
Made by Gamma Labs, G FUEL is a “natural energy drink” that’s tailored for bodybuilders and popularly used as a pre-workout. Some G FUEL formula notes:
- Energy, Focus & Endurance: This G FUEL tagline sums up its approach to Pre-Workout nutrition loading, but neglects to mention its antioxidant support.
- Energy Drink Substitute: G FUEL is positioned as a “healthy alternative”… but then uses a typical energy drink Caffeine+Taurine combo.
- Freakin’ FLAVORS, Bro! Blue Ice, Fruit Punch, Lemon Lime, Pink Lemonade, Blood Orange, FaZeBerry, Grape, Green Apple, Peach Mango, Pineapple, Watermelon, & Mystery Flavor.
G FUEL Supplement Facts
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid)||250 mg (417% DV)|
|Vitamin E (As D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate)||15 IU (50% DV)|
|Niacin||16 mg (75% DV)|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine Hcl)||10 mg (500% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin)||50 mg (13% DV)|
|Sodium (As Sodium Chloride)||79 mg (3% DV)|
Taurine, Citrulline Malate, Caffeine Anhydrous (150 Mg), Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Mucuna Pruriens (60%), L-Dopa, ATP
L-Tyrosine, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Choline, Vinpocetine, Bacopa Extract (20% Bacopin), Huperzine 5%
Acai, Pomegranate, Pineapple, Apple, Orange, Blueberry, Grape, Grapefruit, Plum, Raspberry, Strawberry, Watermelon, Lemon, Lime, Cantaloupe, Cherry, Papaya, Peach, Pear
Maltodextrin, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, Potassium, Sucralose, Beet Color
G FUEL is all over the map with its 35 ingredients.
But its drink delivery-form means bigger dosages across the board. There’s more room to go around.
G FUEL starts with basic essential vitamins. Nothing special here except for the Vitamin B12 presented in premium, enhanced-potency Methylcobalamin form. The small amount of Sodium makes sense too; preloading will help prevent sodium loss during your workout.
G FUEL Energy Complex, 1,750 Mg
- Taurine: Amino Acid helps workouts via Nitric Oxide for robust circulation, physical energy and endurance.
- Citrulline Malate: A great Pre-Workouts for bloodflow, energy and HGH.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg). Hefty dose will help power workouts, but contradicts G FUEL’s “No Crash–No Jitters” claims.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR): Cell-energizer; ALCAR has bonus brain benefits.
- ATP: Helps relax arteries and contributes to cellular energy production.
- Mucuna + L-DOPA. Great for testosterone, but neither of these are energizers or classic “Pre-Workouts.” They also support dopamine, which may help with workout motivation.
G FUEL Focus Complex, 1,200 Mg
- L-Tyrosine and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT): Why include two forms of Tyrosine? NALT is the more expensive & more bioavailable form found in the best “mental domination” nootropic stacks. Any way you slice it, Tyrosine is great for focus, especially under stress.
- Choline: Good for long-range brain health, especially age-related memory problems.
- Bacopa Extract (20% Bacopin): Bacopin® is a patented Bacopa extract standardized to 20% active bacosides. G FUEL‘s “Bacopa” appears to be a plain powdered herb, 20% of which is premium Bacopin®.
- Huperzine 5%: 5% of what? Huperzine-A is a great nootropic, but we are not sure what nutrient or dosage G FUEL is actually supplying here.
Antioxidant Complex, 650 mg
We’re not going to list them all, but this complex supplies antioxidants from 19 different fruits. This is a good approach because antioxidants work best as a diverse network. G FUEL uses antioxidant-rich fruits here, and probably hit a good level of antioxidant diversity & potency.
G FUEL is 35 different active ingredients scattered across energy, brainpower and antioxidant purposes. It formulates with a lot of strong, clinically supported nutrients to get there.
We like the idea of Taurine, Citrulline, NALT, ALCAR, methylcobalamin (B12) and Huperzine-A in the same Pre-Workout formula. The antioxidant complex is far-ranging, and likely to protect tissues from free radical damage during intense workouts.
On the negative side, G FUEL’s “no dosage shown” proprietary blends and some of its vague language make it hard to figure out which compounds will work.
G FUEL Dosage Derp
Under G FUEL’s Focus Complex, Bacopa—a fine nootropic—is listed after Vinpocetine. This means the Bacopa dosage is smaller than Vinpocetine, which is typically 5 mg – 10 mg. Vinpocetine works in that mg range, but Bacopa does not. And that’s why we hate proprietary blends.
G FUEL Benefits
More than anything, G FUEL seems to promote itself as an energy formula; specifically, as a “clean energy” source for both body and mind. It seems to be categorized within pre-workout formulas; the citrulline might give you some extra pump. We’re more stoked about the energy+focus blends.
Who Takes It?
G FUEL is likely taken by athletes and bodybuilders who value the positive impact nootropic nutrition can have on workout performance. Some professionals take G FUEL as an Energy Drink for outside of the gym, too. It could also benefit students who are studying and anybody who likes competitive activities that would be enhanced by energizing and mind-sharpening effects.
Any Side Effects?
G FUEL has 150 mg of caffeine per serving, so despite their claims to the contrary, we’d expect some jitters, irritability, energy spikes and crashes with this formula.
G FUEL Summary
- Good choices. We like Citrulline, Taurine, ALCAR & NALT
- Lots of flavors. 12 of them, which you can mix-and-match
- Methylcobalamin B-12. It’s one clear premium ingredient
- Antioxidants. A whole network of ‘em, taken from fruits
- Low-Calorie. Sugar-Free; 10 calories per serving is nice
- Unfocused. It’s not a straight-up Pre-Workout formula
- Vague. Their supplement facts aren’t clear
- Proprietary Blends. “Hidden” dosages suggest weak potency
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 tub (40 servings): $35.99
- 1 box (20 servings as packets): $25.99
- 3-packs: $5.99
- Available online & in retail stores
Final Word on G FUEL
G FUEL uses a few good Pre-Workout ingredients, some energizers, and a couple of great nootropic compounds. It’s the kind of supplement you can feel as heightened awareness and peak energy. It gives a little pop of PWO activity, but we like it more for an overall “energized awareness” formula… just watch those crashes, bro.