Is it Halloween yet? No? Well is Cobra Labs trying to scare us shitless with its spooky bottle for SHADOW-X?!
Seriously, if this thing glowed in the dark and I see it when I wake up for a midnight leak I swear my house would smell of piss everywhere the morning after.
Joking aside, SHADOW-X sounds like a pretty cool preworkout. Will its formula be as effective as its bottle is spooky? Let’s find out!
About Cobra Labs Shadow X
With a name like SHADOW-X, you know they owe it to themselves to market it “for hardcore users only” and damn right. They’re also pretty proud to say all you need is one scoop to “put you in a workout zone” but I gotta ask: is that one-scoop statement a claim or a warning label? Formula notes:
- Clear label: No Prop blends here, folks!
- No Creatine: They proudly claim this like creatine is poison or something. Well, some people can’t tolerate the bloating so I guess it is kind of poison…
- 9 g scoop: Not too big, not too small either but is it enough?
Cobra Labs Shadow X Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 scoop (9 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6||450 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||8 mcg|
|Folic Acid||250 mcg|
|Muscle Power Matrix||3750 mg|
|Beta Alanine||2,000 mg|
|Muscle Pump Fusion||2600 mg|
|Betaine Anhydrous||600 mg|
|Mental Focus Mind Lock||855 mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||350 mg|
|Olive Leaf Extract (40% Oleuropein)||5 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Beta Carotene.|
|Directions for use: Shake container before use. Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 7-10 ounces (200-300ml) of cold water 15-30 minutes before exercise.|
SHADOW-X wasn’t kidding about putting you in a workout zone.
Bro, we’ve both seen crazy claims, right? And by now, we’ve grown weary of the same old promises that these supplements are starting to sound like a broken record. But we think SHADOW-X might be on to something here. Simple formula, effective dosage, and synergy, a bit more push and you got yourself one hell of a terrifyingly good preworkout. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Beta Alanine: Ingredient known to be the swiss-knife preworkout. Capable of boosting endurance, performance, and delaying fatigue.
- Taurine. It boosts muscle hydration while enhancing physical performance. It can also help aid in more pumps.
- L-Leucine: Leucine is one of the three amino acids that form what we call BCAAs or branched chain amino acids. This one activates the mTOR pathway which reduces muscle atrophy and catabolism.
- L-Citrulline. Probably the best ingredient for giving bros the pumps they want in each lift. We only need to know what form this is since it matters whether the dosage is enough or short.
- Betaine. Betaine works hand-in-hand with Citrulline by boosting nitric oxide production while energizing muscle for massive lifts.
- Caffeine. I don’t know how else to describe caffeine. Maybe that 350 mg dosage can speak for itself? Yep, that was no typo.
- L-Tyrosine. Tyrosine is good in making sure stress doesn’t beat you down but we need the best form, which is N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT), for best absorption.
- Olive Leaf Extract. Really potent at 40% Oleuropein, it’s good for tinkering with your body’s fat burning hormones but we’re not sure about the focus angle SHADOW-X tried here. It can be a brain-health ingredient but not for focus.
Let’s just get it out there: the face in the bottle looks like an alien and we feel that the image below should be exploited in times like this.
Now that’s out of the way…
Short, simple, and stackable, SHADOW-X is brimming with terrifying potential. Great ingredient choices meet great formula design. Its Muscle Power Matrix will make sure you lift long and the Muscle Pump Fusion will make you lift hard.
The Mental Focus Mind Lock blend is where you’ll be getting your fuel while keeping yourself from being distracted by mundane things that have nothing to do with the words sets and reps.
While the dosing could’ve been so much more, and the caffeine dose leaves doubling out of the question, we believe vets will gladly stack the same ingredients included in this preworkout to unlock its terrifying potential.
SHADOW-X looks scary but damn its potential is scarier.
Cobra Labs Shadow X Benefits
One scoop of this stuff and you’ll instantly feel the energy hit you because bro, let’s be honest: even stimfreaks can feel 350 mg of caffeine in one go. Yeah, snort the shit out of that, bro. It’s addictive. The performance boosters might get you or not, depending on how used your body is to preworkouts but for the most part, you know it’s there.
Who Takes It?
The simple build attracts new and old users alike. For new guys, being simple means it’s not difficult to know on what it can do for you and for vets or stack builders, if they want to experiment on something they might go ahead and buy this.
Any Side Effects?
Tingling is a subjective side effect. Some people hate it, some people require it to know beta alanine is working. Aside from that, you got 350 mg of caffeine to worry about and without any theanine (a jitter-dissolving nootropic used in potent brainpower stacks) to balance the energy, you’ll be riding high then come crashing down pretty hard, bro.
Cobra Labs Shadow X Summary
- Simple. Even newbies can understand this powder.
- Stackable. Simple builds are ripe for experiments.
- Good doses. Not hefty but pretty good anyway.
- No BS ingredients. Call them generic but at least we know they work.
- Synergy. Each blend’s benefits get boosted when they all work together.
- No Creatine. Good news for bros who hate the bloat.
- Caffeine punch. No bloats but you’ll be jittery for sure.
- No “Focus”. Caffeine helps but the Mind Lock is a little loose.
- Not premium. Would be nice to see a branded ingredient in here.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $44.99 (GNC)
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Cobra Labs Shadow X
Cobra Labs SHADOW-X is definitely not something you should leave in the shadows. This preworkout deserves a good spot in the limelight for its function and No BS formulation. It’s not the best preworkout out there, but it could be part of a winning regimen… if you know how to play with stacks.