Neuro-Peak is a natural nootropic supplement made by the Zhou Nutrition, a Kansas City, USA-based supplement company with an Asian-inspired design and ancient-meets-modern philosophy.
Neuro-Peak, marketed as a peak performance-oriented nootropic stack, has garnered a lot of positive reviews since its initial launch.
So will climbing this mountain unleash the Greatness by Nature that is promised by Zhou Nutrition? Let’s find out in this review.
About Neuro Peak
Neuro-Peak is a 6-ingredient nootropic stack designed with convenience in mind: Serving size is a single capsule, and Zhou Nutrition suggests it can replace several individual brain supplements. Promising peak performance when you need it most, Neuro-Peak positions itself as a professional’s nootropic. Formula notes:
- Memory, focus and clarity. Neuro-Peak targets brain energy to improve performance-oriented aspects of cognition.
- Stress and mood support. Who couldn’t use some help staying balanced? Neuro-Peak has 2X herbal adaptogen support to help stress and mood.
- Science-based, physician formulated. At least according to Zhou Nutrition, Neuro-Peak supplies just the right amount of each nootropic in the formula.
Neuro-Peak Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 capsule|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||500 mcg||8,333%|
|Bacopa Monnieri (20% Bacosides)(whole plant)||300 mg|
|Phosphatidylserine (20%)||100 mg|
|Ginkgo Biloba (24% Ginkgo Flavone Glycosides)(leaf)||100 mg|
|Rhodiola Rosea Extract (Salidroside 3% Rosavins 1%)(root)||50 mg|
|DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate)||50 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), rice flour, vegetable magnesium stearate|
Six bona-fide brain boosters in a smart stack for mental energy and stress control.
Neuro-Peak has a clean and simple formula design that seems to make good on Zhou Nutrition’s ancient-meets-modern philosophy.
Indeed, some of the ingredients they choose are among the best for memory, focus, stress, mood, and the overall brain-energizing benefits that Neuro-Peak is supposed to produce.
But does it stand up to the scientifically formulated, premium formula claims that are made about this product? Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients.
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 500 µg
Vitamin B12 is an important foundation nootropic for brain health. In the context of Neuro-Peak’s overall design, vitamin B12 is probably included for its role in cell energy metabolism, which is especially important because the brain consumes a lot of the body’s total energy supply.
B12 helps the brain in many ways beyond energy, including assisting with neurotransmitters, helping to preserve the size of the brain, and playing a key role in the formation of myelin.
On its own, vitamin B12 is a good nootropic. However, it falls short of “great” in Neuro-Peak for two key reasons:
- Neuro-Peak uses B12 as an inferior form. The cyanocobalamin found in Neuro-Peak is the cheap stuff – synthetic and harder to absorb. If you’re a young person it might not matter, but absorption of vitamin B12 becomes more challenging as we grow older.
- B complex is better for the brain. To crystallize this further, vitamins B6, B9, and B12 hold more appeal – because emerging research suggests that this B vitamin trio may help with the homocysteine levels that can interfere with healthy blood flow to the brain.
Bacopa monnieri, 20% bacosides, 300 mg
Bacopa monnieri is a fantastic nootropic lead ingredient for Neuro-Peak, exemplifying its ancient-meets-modern philosophy.
Bacopa monnieri has been around for a long time as a traditional herb, and has long been associated with cognitive function, including creativity and learning. Modern science continues to identify Bacopa as an effective multi-tasking brain health nutrient.
Among its many bioactivities, Bacopa monnieri helps with brain circulation, neurotransmitters, antioxidant defenses and long-range brain health.
It is also classified as an adaptogen herb, which means it has anti-stress properties that match up well with the advertised stress-support claims of Neuro-Peak.
- Bacopa monnieri is primarily associated with learning and memory performance, making this a good choice for students or anyone seeking sharper, clearer recall across both short and long-term memory.
Neuro-Peak’s 300 mg dosage of Bacopa monnieri is big and generous. The 20% standardization of bacosides is nice to see; it is an upgrade over plain Bacopa monnieri powder. However, Neuro-Peak’s 20% bacosides standardization is on the low end when it comes to Bacopa monnieri.
Phosphatidylserine (20%) 100 mg
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is another one of the greatest nootropics on the planet today.
In particular, phosphatidylserine is probably the best and most evidence backed nootropic for enhancing memory performance. But that is not all that this impressive brain nutrient can do.
Many of PS’s benefits are attributed to its role in keeping brain cell membranes fluid and flexible, helping them to perform dynamically, “firing” and receiving neurotransmitters for cell to cell communication.
(PS) also helps with brain energy metabolism, brain chemicals and even brain detoxification.
It all adds up to a powerful nootropic that can help with both short term cognitive performance, especially in terms of memory, and long-range brain health: An excellent choice for the Neuro-Peak nootropic stack.
Ginkgo biloba (24% ginkgo flavone glycosides) 100 mg
Ginkgo biloba is a truly legendary nootropic, with ancient roots in traditional Chinese herbalism. With that in mind, it perfectly fits the zen-like style and philosophy of Zhou Nutrition.
Ginkgo biloba is mostly known as a brain circulation enhancer — good for overall brain health, but also for short-term performance in the context of brain energy. When blood flow to the brain is robust, more oxygen and glucose can reach gray matter to be burned for brainpower.
- Boasting 100 mg serving and 24% standardization to ginkgo’s active nootropics, the Ginkgo Biloba form in Neuro-Peak looks very good and bears out Zhou’s claim of replacing a standalone ginkgo product with the Neuro-Peak complex.
Rhodiola rosea, Salidrosides 3% rosavins 1%, 50 mg
Rhodiola is another ancient herb with a legendary ability to counter the effects of stress that has been backed by modern science. Rhodiola’s stress-defying properties work for both the mind and the body, making it a favorite nootropic and all-around performance and endurance enhancer.
- Like Bacopa monnieri, Rhodiola rosea is considered to be an adaptogen herb. It works by strengthening the body’s resistance to stress via the endocrine system; by helping to keep stress hormones in check when they are triggered by all sorts of stressors, whether they are toxic, physical, emotional, whatever.
Rhodiola makes a lot of sense in the Neuro-Peak’s formula, especially when it comes to claimed benefits for mental energy, mood, and stress control.
The most pronounced brain benefit associated with Rhodiola rosea may be for mental energy; freeing the mind from the heavy weight of stress seems to have a rapid and significant revitalizing affect for the mind and body.
Neuro-Peak’s 50 mg is low for Rhodiola, however, its 3% salidrosides and 1% rows of in standardization are top-notch, in accordance with what we see in the Best nootropic supplements on the market.
DMAE, 50 mg
DMAE, also known as Deanol, is an organic compound that is synthesized by the body and used as a building block to form the brain chemical acetylcholine. By assisting with acetylcholine and optimizing the brain cell membranes that “fire” with acetylcholine and other neurotransmitters, DMAE may help to promote robust cell to cell communication in the brain.
DMAE’s brain bioactivities help keep cognition sharp and clear throughout the aging process. In Neuro-Peak, which is ostensibly a more immediate mental performance enhancer, DMAE may offer some secondary benefits for concentration, focus, and attentiveness – potentially due to its role in acetylcholine synthesis and its ability to optimize neural signaling.
Neuro-Peak’s Logo has a Hidden Message
Zhou Nutrition has a distinct Chinese vibe across their brand. Neuro-Peak’s logo is a perfect example: It appears to be based off the archaic Chinese pictogram symbol for “mountain,” the progression of which is shown below. Very clever, Zhou.
Neuro-Peak is a smartly formulated brain supplement. Its efficient design uses six nutrients, all of which are bona fide brain-boosters. But does Neuro-Peak work as advertised?
For the most part, yes. Advertised as a memory, focus, and clarity nootropic stack, Neuro-Peak hits the mark with many of its nootropic choices for these desired outcome. Furthermore, Neuro-Peak positions itself as boosting brainpower via mental energy pathways – and again, we have to agree with its design for this purpose.
Let’s break down brain energy as Neuro-Peak’s primary bioactivity:
- Vitamin B12 is required for cellular energy metabolism, including and especially within the brain.
- Phosphatidylserine has been shown to enhance glucose metabolism in the brain; in other words, it helps the brain to burn sugars for energy more efficiently.
- Both ginkgo biloba and Bacopa monnieri help to boost blood flow to the brain, which means better delivery of the glucose and oxygen that are burned as fuel in order to produce brain energy.
- Finally, Rhodiola rosea improves mental energy during cognition via a totally separate pathway: it reduces the fatigue-inducing effects of stress in order to unlock greater mental vitality.
This is smart formula design in action – nootropic ingredients that work well together and complement each other to achieve greater results for specific cognitive goals.
Where Neuro-Peak also gets it right is by using nootropics that are multitaskers.
Bacopa monnieri is famous for supporting learning, but underneath that popular benefit are beneficial bioactivities for brain chemicals, cerebral circulation, antioxidant protection and more, all of which add up to a healthy brain and more diverse cognitive performance benefits.
With phosphatidylserine, memory performance is the main draw. However, by optimizing the health and function of brain cell membranes, phosphatidylserine may improve many other aspects of cognition.
Rhodiola rosea and Bacopa monnieri combine into a one to adaptogen punch that shows a clever formulation strategy for reducing the effects of stress on cognitive performance; DMAE’s bonus support helps with overall brain health over the long-term along with short term cognitive performance.
There’s not much to argue with when it comes to the ingredients chosen by Neuro-Peak.
However, the formula does these great ingredients a disservice by using some inferior or low potency forms, and underdosing others. The formula could be improved by using premium ingredient forms and taking two capsules instead of one as directed.
The Neuro-Peak formula is designed for memory, focus, and clarity. This set of benefits is supported by Neuro-Peak’s ingredients that promote brain circulation, energy production, and cell to cell communication. It also makes good on its promise of stress and mood support.
- Neuro-Peak may bring about a state of mental clarity and inner balance that is well-suited for tasks that require intense focus and high productivity.
Neuro-Peak is mostly marketed as a short-term performance booster, however its formula also lends itself to long-range cognitive benefits.
Who Takes It?
Neuro-Peak seems to be targeting young professionals, judging by its imagery and marketing materials. Zhou Nutrition features slick, cutting-edge branding and a great brand story that have made it popular at online retailers like Amazon. With that, we are sure that some people who take this brain supplement our Zhou Nutrition brand loyalists who are trying something new from their favorite line.
Any Side Effects?
This is a caffeine free formula, and it doesn’t supply any unusual or exotic ingredient, nor any over-the-top megadoses. It appears that Neuro-Peak would be both safe and well tolerated, with few side effects to worry about
Neuro-Peak Review Summary
- Great nootropic choices. Every single ingredient is a reliable brain booster.
- Some standardization.. The herb’s supply a guaranteed minimum levels of nootropic active constituents, although those percentages could do with being a little higher.
- intelligent formulation. Neuro-Peak’s ingredients were clearly chosen because they work well together, sometimes in synergy, for the common goal of better memory, focus, and clarity.
- Convenient. . One capsule per day is all it takes, according to Zhou Nutrition. We suggest doubling that for nootropic affects you can feel..
- Moneyback guarantee. Zhou Nutrition is a quality company with quality customer service policies, including a 100% moneyback guarantee.
- Weak dosages. We have concerns about some of the dosages, especially the phosphatidylserine which appears to clock in at 20 mg only.
- Plain ingredient forms. Not much in the way of branded or advanced ingredient forms.
- Cyanocobalamin B-12. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but vitamin B12 is hard to absorb in some populations and we wish that neuro- peak would’ve opted for an advanced vitamin B12 form that is easier to absorb.
Pricing & Buying Info
- $21.04 for 30 capsules, one capsule equals one serving (2017 price)
- Available to buy at Amazon and the Zhou Nutrition website
- Selling at major brick-and-mortar retailers (Walmart)
Final Word on Neuro-Peak
Neuro-Peak is a nootropic supplement with a clear goal and a well-defined formulation strategy to get there — formulated with care by a physician, just as advertised.
But due to some cheaper ingredient forms and lower-end dosages, the strength of Neuro-Peak’s potency may not meet the brilliance of its design. The easy fix: Take two capsules instead of one. If you do that, the price per serving will go up – but Neuro-Peak is affordable to begin with.
Another option: Check out our best nootropic stack supplements of all time to see products that amplify brainpower by pairing smart formula design with potently dosed, advanced nootropic forms.