We all know that sleep deprivation absolutely crushes mental performance.
So when MindBoost developed a 2-supplement stack for brainpower and sleep, we immediately took notice.
The concept makes so much sense: Cyclical, 24-hour support for both cognitive function and the precious sleep that helps keep our minds sharp.
So, does MindBoost back this great concept with formulas that work? Let’s find out.
MindBoost Day and Night are two brain formulas designed to be taken together as MindBoost Complete: “The only full cycle nootropic.” MindBoost claims this 24-hour nootropic strategy boosts mental performance during the day, and then helps the brain rest and rejuvenate better during sleep. Nootropic claims for MindBoost include:
- Better memory, focus & concentration. The Day formula’s Ginkgo and Bacopa boost brain circulation and brain chemicals to achieve these nootropic effects.
- Energizes tired brains; fights mental stress. MindBoost is smartly formulated with THREE different adaptogen herbs that all support these benefits.
- Enhances rest & recovery. The Night formula’s anti-anxiety compounds soothe away worry, so you people fall asleep faster, sleep more deeply, and wake up with a refreshed brain.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Folic Acid||500 mcg|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||100 mcg|
|Brain Formula Proprietary Blend
Bacopa monnieri leaf 4:1, Rhodiola Rosea Powder, Ginkgo Biloba leaf Extract (24% Glycosides, 6% Terpene Lactones)
Brain Formula Proprietary Blend
This blend supplies one of our Top 5 nootropics: Bacopa (#3). The Rhodiola is one of our other Nootropics that Work. It’s smart to combine them; both are adaptogen herbs that fight mental fatigue and stress. Ginkgo is another top nootropic that works. Ginkgo is famous for memory, but is more likely used in this formula for its fast-acting benefits for attention.
Folic Acid 500 mg & Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 50 mg
These two B-vitamins play roles in brain chemicals and nerve health. The dosages are good, but cyanocobalamin B-12 is a low-quality form. The best brain supplements will use B12 as the superior methylcobalamin form, which is far more active than what we see here. The inferior forms make it hard to get excited about these ingredients in MindBoost Day.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Folic Acid||500 mcg|
|Proprietary MindBoost Blend
Ashwagandha Extract (root), Picamilon
Proprietary MindBoost Blend
Like Rhodiola and Bacopa in the Day formula, the Ashwagandha in this blend is an adaptogen herb that helps with fatigue and stress, has nootropic properties, and may prime the brain for restful sleep.
Picamilon is an unusual ingredient that combines the relaxing, anti-anxiety neurotransmitter GABA with the B-vitamin niacin, which also has anti-anxiety properties.
Folic Acid 500 mcg
Meh, why is it here? It’s already in the Day formula. Why take it again? Seems like useless filler.
MindBoost Day’s ingredients are associated with mental alertness, brain energy, quick thinking and stress reduction. MindBoost Night targets stress and anxiety, and seems like it would create feelings of relaxation and tranquility before bedtime. Together, they might give you feelings associated with a well-rested, well-nourished brain–better memory, mood, and mental performance.
Who takes MindBoost?
It has a feel and formula that perfectly address the needs of working moms and dads who need to always be on their toes both professionally and personally. They are stretched to their mental limit each day, and then need to squeeze the most rejuvenation out of each precious minute of sleep.
Any Side Effects?
Both formulas are simple, and MindBoost Day in particular has some high-quality herbals. We think both formulas appear to have an excellent tolerability profile, with few side effects to worry about.
MindBoost Complete Pros
- Unique Day-Night angle. Nobody else has this “24-hour nootropic” approach. Since sleep plays such a big role in mental performance, it seems like a great angle.
- Strong nootropics. MindBoost Complete supplies 2 of our Best 5 nootropics, and its combination of 3 adaptogen herbs is probably great for stress and mental fatigue.
- Some superior nutrient forms. They use a GREAT Ginkgo extract that supplies exact levels of two different active compounds. The Bacopa is a good form too; a concentrated 4:1 extract.
MindBoost Complete Cons
- Expensive. Day is $69.95 per bottle; Night is $49. That means if you want to do MindBoost Complete, it’ll cost you almost $120 month.
- Questionable claims. MindBoost claims all their ingredients are in clinically proven dosages and boasts they are the most sought-after brain supplements in the world. Not true.
- Some inferior nutrient forms. They use “advanced” Bacopa and Ginkgo, but “plain” forms of Rhodiola and Ashwagandha. Their B12 is the cheap form, too. Seems like cutting corners.
Pricing & Buying Info
- $48.50 each for a 30-day supply = $97 for MindBoost Complete
- Available on the MindBoost website
Final Word on MindBoost Day & Night
MindBoost Day & Night is a great concept. The big picture here is that deep, restful sleep and smart nootropic nourishment may work together synergistically to enhance mental performance. As for the actual formulas, there are more complete nootropic complexes and better sleep supplements out there. Still, Day seems good for busting stress and energizing the mind; Night seems good for pre-sleep calm that leads to better rest. You could probably make your own Day/Night formula combination out of individual supplements… but MindBoost did it first.
Leave a Reply