You can only do so much with creatine. You can offer it by itself or sell it as part of a preworkout. Either way, someone will always buy creatine powder. As a result, the industry is saturated with all sorts of brands. It’ll take a special boost to lift your name above the competition.
One of the best ways to get noticed? Make a premium formula… and that’s what BSN did with its Creature.
Will this Creature actually turn us into some sort of mad beast in the gym or is it just a fancy powder? In this review, we’re gonna find out!
About Beast Sports Nutrition Creature
The sell point of Creature is simple: Fill it up with the fanciest ingredients you can find! Just look at the ingredients list and you’ll look at it like a bunch of A-list stars cramped up in one mega blockbuster! I guess that explains the rather A-list price tag. Formula notes:
- No bloating: Their site claims their creatine complex is pure so it reduces bloating. Yeah, that bloated belly is not the kind of “mass” we are looking for, thank you very much.
- Quality ingredients: I’ve never seen an entire creatine blend composed of premiums before in other supplements.
- 5 Creatine forms: We’re seeing this as a trend in new creatine blends. We’re skeptical but since BSN used premiums we might just like it.
Beast Sports Nutrition Creature Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 5 g (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 60
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Creature® Advanced Creatine Matrix||3,025mg|
|Creapure® Brand Creatine Monohydrate, Crea‐Trona® (Buffered Creatine), Creatine MagnaPower® (Creatine Magnesium Chelate), Creatine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 2:1, Creatine Anhydrous, Cinnulin PF® (Cinnamomum burmannii Bark Extract), Containing Type‐A Polymers, AstraGin® (Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus (Root) Extracts).|
|Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Calcium Silicate, Sucralose, Purple Carrot Extract (for color).|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, use one (1) level scoop with 6-8 oz. of water 30 minutes prior to workout and again 30 minutes after workout. On non-workout days use one (1) level scoop with 6-8 oz of with water in the morning and again in the evening. Always take with plenty of water.|
BSN Creature has some of the best ingredients, but may not be supported by proper dosing.
Sometimes an ingredients quality or purity can compensate for the low-dosage but a premium ingredient can only do so much. What we’re saying is BSN should’ve added a few more grams for their formula’s sake. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Creature® Advanced Creatine Blend. The five types of creatines are:
- Creapure® is the most well-known premium brand of creatine monohydrate. This is also arguably the most effective form of creatine that fuels muscle performance.
- Crea-Trona® is something we haven’t seen before. It’s a double buffered form of Creapure and was created to also promote an alkaline environment upon consumption. The double buffering is supposed to prevent pH values from dropping after a tough workout which can translate to larger training volume and faster recovery.
- Creatine MagnaPower® is the second most popular form of creatine. It’s creatine bound to magnesium which is supposed to prevent the conversion of our precious creatine to creatinine.
- Dicreatine Malate is supposed to be a more bioavailable form of creatine monohydrate while also preventing bloating due to it being bound to malic acid.
- Creatine anhydrous is literally creatine minus an H2O molecule and was developed to allow more creatine per gram. The only difference it makes is make it easier for the user to stir the shake, though.
- Cinnulin PF® is a patented form of cinnamon extract. Cinnamon is known to help improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar in the body. As Cinnulin PF, it optimizes creatine uptake, since insulin drives creatine into your muscle. Dosage recommended together with creatine use is at least 100 mg.
- Astragin® is a premium nutrient absorption booster that effectively enhances the activity of amino acid and PWO ingredients, and yes, that includes creatine.
Beast Sports Nutrition (BSN) is a cool company, and has some other great-looking supplements for bodybuilders we will be covering in future B5 reviews.
BSN Creature really looks promising based on the quality of each ingredient they used, but there’s a chance it may be a little underdosed.
This supplement is bound to be good for users who are on the minimum daily creatine intake, which is two grams — but that only applies to people who weigh less than 200 lbs.
- Many creatine users are also bodybuilding devotees who weigh more than 200 lbs.
(And if they don’t weigh more than 200 lbs. then they’re not bulking right!)
Anyway, we got a suspicion that the one-scoop a day in this supplement may not be quite as powerful as BSN says
Even if your product is quality, with pure creatine forms and all the absorption boosters necessary for maximum creatine uptake, dosage is still king.
BSN might have cut theirs a gram or two short. We’re not even sure if the dosage given is enough to make use of each form’s purported benefits.
But here’s the scoop, literally: It’s a freakin’ powder supplement.
- You want more of that beast grade nutrition? Add another scoop.
- You want to get some more intense, professional strength support? Add another scoop.
- You want muscle on top of muscle, to take your fitness to the next level? Scoop, scoop, scoop!!!
Of course you don’t want that many scoops. Cause every scoop is like scooping out dimes, making each serving more expensive. My point is, even though the dosage may be on the low side, with a nice powder formula like this one, you can tailor it for whatever your goals may be.
- Besides the customization of scoops, I love BSN Creature’s high-quality branded ingredients, which may also help each scoop pack more of a punch.*
You wanna unleash a beast?? Well this formula will help. Also it is worth pointing out that reviews online go bonkers for Creature flavors, which include citrus, pink lemonade, cherry limeade, BEAST PUNCH (whatever the heck that is), and more.
Beast Creature Supplement Benefits
Creatine is meant to provide a boost in performance and recovery and with five premium forms, I am pretty sure it makes good on these promises. Look for:
- A boost of super strength that helps you work out harder for bigger gains.
- Endurance enhancement to help you lift longer & harder
- Muscle support; it fuels growth & accelerates recovery
We think that as long as you combine it with the right workout regimen, protein powder, and other pre-workout supplements, BSN Creature will help you build muscle mass… and yes, it may even turn you into a beast.
Who Takes It?
It’s definitely for users who want to buy a special blend or to try a premium alternative for their strength & conditioning stack. Not a supplement for newbies since the dose is too small for the “initial” intense loading phase. But then again, I can hardly call this a professional strength formula. Probably best for the workout buff who is somewhere in between a noob and a beast.
Any Side Effects?
Despite all the big claims, you might still experience some form of bloating, but we’re almost sure it will be mild at worst.
Beast Sports Nutrition Creature Summary
- Premium Creatines. It’s a great all-star cast.
- Stackable. It’s simple enough for add-ons.
- Fast absorption. Even the boosters are premium.
- Carbs. Made up of 40% glycogen fuel.
- Flavors! Beast Punch, Citrus, Lemonade, Cherry Limeade…
- Delivery forms. We ain’t talking shipping. It’s available in capsules, too.
- Underdosed. You gotta add more grams, BSN.
- Short lifespan. Users will go for more than one scoop.
- Pricey. Premiums aren’t cheap.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (60 servings): $24.68
- Available online (Amazon, bodybuilding dot com) and in retail stores
Final Word on Beast Sports Nutrition Creature
The idea behind BSN Creature was to pump it up with premium creatine forms combined with premium boosters. We tip our hats to that formula strategy. It’s not a cheap product, but we think the premiums ingredients justify the price tag. The only issue we have here is dosage, which looks a little low. But by using top-shelf creatine forms not seen in many other products, BSN Creature might be so damn absorbable that even its smaller dosages yield bigger gains.
Leave a Reply