When it comes down to it, the science of getting bulk is really all about how much ATP your body is producing. ATP is literally what makes your body do what it does every day like breathing, digesting, and even lifting so it goes without saying getting massive gains is all about supercharging our ATP production.
Creatine is pretty good when it comes to improving ATP production but ANS Performance thinks it could use a little help when it formulated CREXCEL.
Let’s go see what CREXCEL is all about in this review!
About ANS Performance CREXCEL
CREXCEL is a Mitochondrial Creatine Superfuel, at least that’s what it says on the bottle. They literally defined themselves like a dictionary. On top of the usual claims, they also say it fuels this thing called the “Citric Acid Cycle.” We don’t know what that is but we’ll do the research for you below. Formula notes:
- Sophisticated: Formula screams “I am 100% made from fancy-science!”
- KrebsPower™: Seems to be a mineral complex for promoting cell energy.
- 5 g Creatine: Nice fat dose of the good stuff, micronized creatine monohydrate.
ANS Performance CREXCEL Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7 grams)|
Servings Per Container: 40
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Niacin (as niacinamide)||30 mg|
|Calcium (as KrebsPower™)||60 mg|
|Magnesium (as KrebsPower™)||40 mg|
|CreXcel MITOCHONDRIAL FUEL Complex||5800 mg|
|Creatine Monohydrate (micronized)||5,000 mg|
|KrebsPower™ Mineral Substrate Complex||500 mg|
|(Calcium, and Magnesium Succinate, Malate, Fumarate, Citrate, and Alpha-Ketoglutarate)|
|Water Soluble Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Complex||100 mg|
|Q-Xcel™ Shilajit extract||100 mg|
|R2-Rev™ Rhodiola Rosea Extract||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #6.|
|Directions for use: Mix 1 scoop with 6-8 oz of cold water and consume daily. On workout days, consume immediately after your workout. Read the entire label before use. As with all creatine products, maintain an adequate state of hydration during use.|
CREXCEL’s researchers deserve a nice raise
Looks like ANS Performance may be on to something here. The ingredients they used looks like they weren’t so much for muscle growth (recovery) but for what makes the body activate muscle growth which primarily involves, you guessed it, ATP synthesis. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Creatine Monohydrate. This is your standard creatine ingredient but being standard doesn’t mean boring. In fact, it’s the most studied form of creatine and probably one of the top most studied supplements of all time. Being micronized means it’s easier to dissolve in water and easier for your gut. Dosage is lovely at 5 good grams.
- KrebsPower ™. Our research tells us the ingredients in this blend are what powers the citric acid cycle or better known as the Krebs Cycle. Without getting too technical, the Krebs Cycle is a series of chemical reactions used by virtually all living things to produce energy in the form of ATP. To give you an idea on what the heck is this Krebs Cycle thing, below is what it looks like:
- CoQ10. We define CoQ10 as a substance that sparks cellular energy in mitochondria which is important when it comes to being a nootropic and a whole-body energizer. Because it acts like a spark plug in cell metabolism, ATP synthesis would never occur without it. We quote: “Due to its involvement in ATP synthesis, CoQ10 affects the function of all cells in the body, especially those with high-energy demand, making it essential for the health of all tissues and organs. CoQ10 is our only lipid-soluble antioxidant synthesized endogenously and efficiently prevents oxidation of proteins, lipids and DNA. The fundamental role of CoQ10 in mitochondrial bioenergetics and its well-acknowledged antioxidant properties constitute the basis for its clinical applications.” What this all means is CoQ10 is just about as important in your body as you having your post-workout shake after each gym session.
- Q-Xcel™ Shilajit Extract. This is a pretty potent T-Booster but for this supplement, it’s role involves its ATP-producing benefits. It was also shown to work well with CoQ10 when their combination elevated ATP levels by 27% in muscle cells and 40% in brain cells.
- R2-Rev™Rhodiola Rosea. An adaptogen which is helpful for reducing fatigue. This is pretty neat specially when you want to blast your way out of your current time and set limit.
CREXCEL literally took the science of muscle growth supplements to the next level.
Their Creatine is generic but optimum for both form and dosage so we really can’t say anything bad here. I mean, everyone knows the power of mono so even in the most generic form, this shit’s pretty dope.
KrebsPower, CoQ10 and Shilajit extract all support ATP synthesis by both fueling the cycle and supercharging it which leads to not just more muscle but to a whole roster of health benefits such as increased power output, more energy (no stimulants needed) and resistance to fatigue not just for exercise but living as a whole.
Speaking of fatigue, Rhodiola Rosea is a really good ingredient to include which should help you recover faster from training. This fatigue-reducing effect also comes in handy when you’re done with the lifts and your wife suddenly calls you to go out and buy groceries or something.
It’s great how this supplement takes on bodybuilding and getting pumped in a holistic manner. Most creatine blends touch on the idea of ATP synthesis but nothing like this.
ANS Performance CREXCEL Benefits
Since it’s a post workout creatine blend, it’s geared towards supplying sports nutrition for maximizing workout strength muscle recovery so we can give it that. We’re also throwing in a gradual boost in overall energy, mental clarity, as well as a reduced sense of fatigue if you literally take this on a daily basis.
Who Takes It?
This supplement is for users who wants a new approach to not just muscle growth but to a healthy and long life in general. Come on, who actually has the time to study how muscles grow nowadays? I go to the gym and you’ll bet 5 out of like 7 or 8 will drown themselves with anything that promises “massive gains.”
It’s not for the traditional lifters who look for the usual boosters or the veterans who are skeptical towards anything that looks too “science-y.” In short, a very specific market.
Any Side Effects?
That five grams of creatine will stay in your gut for a while even if it’s micronized so expect bloating. Water retention is another thing to worry about but you can just piss it out.
As generally awesome this would be for your body, it’s always good to read the warning label first.
ANS Performance CREXCEL Summary
- Smart formula. Synergistically good.
- Good dosing. Everything’s properly supplied.
- ATP Supercharge. It’s geeky but it works.
- Unique blend. You don’t see this a lot in stores.
- Good value. Priced right for what it can do.
- Strong reputation. A lot of positive customer reviews.
- Fluff. Wish they innovated that part too.
- Bloats. Don’t puke on the squat rack!
- Too different. Users may be skeptical on trying this.
- Meh on flavors. Orange rush or unflavored. Meh.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (40 servings): $27.99, a nice price
- Available to buy online and in retail stores, inc. Amazon and bodybuilding dot com
Final Word on ANS Performance CREXCEL
We like the science behind CREXCEL but most of all, we like the fact that they have the balls to sell a unique product like this. In a sea of copycats and fancy yet useless gimmicks, CREXCEL stands out with a research-driven formula and their unique take on maximizing gains.