The “brain as light bulb” cliché.
That’s what we’re working with here.
Except here’s Lumonol‘s approach to that cliché: It’s not that the light bulb is broken, or needs to be replaced, or simply “turned on.” It’s that the entire power is out.
And you need to get that shit fixed.
This is what Lumonol does: It fixes the underlying powergrid of your cognition, reworking the mental wiring, pumping up the juice, cranking your brain amps up to 11. If that sounds unnatural, you’re hearing correctly: Lumonol uses a synthetic ingredient to get the job done. But is that necessarily a bad thing?
Let’s check out the review to find out:
Avanse Nutraceuticals thinks you’re dumb, which is why they have given you Lumonol–a smartly crafted nootropic stack that mixes a synthetic racetam-like with a number of powerful, all-natural brain boosters. We like to call these the “smarter pills.” Formula notes:
- Propellerhead Power: Lumonol doesn’t enhance brain health. It “bio-hacks” cognition. Really, there isn’t a major difference here, but the latter sounds cooler.
- Noopept: The ingredient that steals the show here is Noopept, a racetam-like synthetic that has been demonstrated to enhance cognition & memory with slight psychostimulation.
- Proprietary Blends: Lumonol does a naughty thing by hiding its individual dosages under proprietary blends, which, to be fair, are adequately dosed for their respective ingredients.
Lumonol Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Vege Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin)||250 mcg (4166% DV)|
|Focus Blend||515 mg|
|Energy Blend||430 mg|
|Memory Blend||170 mg|
Rice Flour, Vege Capsule
2 capsules daily with breakfast.
Synthetic, racetam-like brain power plus all-natural, nootropic brain health.
Lumonol narrowly misses the “all-natural” status due to one ingredient: Noopept.
However, as the clean veggie capsules and clean, junk-free additives indicate, this is a synthetic nootropic that is clean, safe, and, dare we say it, actually good for you. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves.
There are 9 other “all-natural” ingredients in this formula aside from Noopept, so let’s take a look at them all based on the blends they’re situated in, before we dive into the formula analysis:
Focus Blend, 515 mg
- Phosphatidylserine. One of our favorite nootropics on our BIG List of Nootropics. Clears brain fog, sharpens cognition, and supports short-term memory.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine. ALCAR is the right Carnitine form for brain health, but seems to only support elderly cognitive health.
- L-Tyrosine. Energy drinks love it, and so we do. The mind burns Tyrosine when its stress and/or fatigued, making L-Tyrosine a prime “as-needed” supplement for stressful conditions.
- Noopept. This racetam-like drug is rarely found in commercial nootropic stacks. While it’s relatively under-researched compared to other common racetams, Noopept seems to enhance cognition & memory with mild psychostimulatory effects.
Energy Blend, 430 mg
- Panax Ginseng. Adaptogenic ginseng definitely brings the energy, with some research suggesting improvements on cognitive performance as well.
- Hordenine. Theoretically stimulates the “adrenaline rush” bio-pathway, but we’re waiting on the research to validate this belief.
- Guarana. Contains mind-stimulating guaranine. Know what that is? Caffeine. Guarana’s got the caffeine.
Memory Blend, 170 mg
- Ginkgo Biloba. Great for elderly brain health for its circulatory benefits, but also enhances short-term memory for both young & old.
- Alpha-GPC. Solid nootropic source of choline, which acts as precursor to neurotransmitter acetylcholine & cell membrane compound phosphatidylcholine. Yet, citicoline is our preferred choline option, and really our #1 nootropic overall.
Lumonol quotes itself as “The First Premade Nootropic to Aid Mental Performance & Focus,” which is true if you take out “First.” Thanks to Noopept alone, Lumonol is sure to deliver focus-enhancing psychostimulation–in that regard, Lumonol is breaking new ground with its commercial, racetam(-like)-driven formula.
It’s largely thanks to Noopept that Lumonol earned a spot on our 2017 ed. Best 5 Nootropic Supplements list at all. Yet, there are plenty other brain benefits supplied by this formula, given its diverse trio of proprietary blends:
- Focus Blend: Brain-boosting PS, anti-stress focus via L-Tyrosine, ALCAR for the older peeps. And, of course, Noopept.
- Energy Blend: Ginseng hits the adaptogen energy benefits, whereas Guarana supplies the caffeine. Hordenine is questionable, but it may enhance the “fight-or-flight” response–is this a good thing? If you’re exercising, yes. If you’re sitting stationary at your desk… no.
- Memory Blend: Ginkgo for now memory. Alpha-GPC for later memory.
Keep in mind that Alpha-GPC’s choline source is a great complement to Noopept’s increased demand on acetylcholine in the brain. There’s a reason bio-hackers recommend stacking racetams with choline sources, to avoid brain burnout, and Lumonol is apparently well aware of this.
However, we do have to call them out for hiding their individual ingredient dosages under proprietary blends. Granted, the overall dosages of each blend are enough to cover all of the ingredients here, but still.
Get that sheeeet out of here.
According to Lumonol’s website, there are 3 stages to this stack:
- Stage 1: Anxiolytic Properties allow Undistracted Focus
- Stage 2: Vasodilation Increases Vital Blood Flow
- Stage 3: Regaining Vision and Direction in Your Life
With exception to Stage 3, which depends almost entirely on the personality of the user, Lumonol’s claimed benefits seem valid, but also don’t paint the entire picture here. Lumonol decreases stress & anxiety for focus, enhances acetylcholine production for learning & memory, spikes brain energy for mental performance, so on and so forth.
Despite the simple design, Lumonol packs in a wide variety of bio-benefits on cognition & mental performance.
Who Takes It?
Techies, Creatives, & Academics. Lumonol gives off major Silicon Valley vibes with its slick design and “bio-hacker” buzzword heavy marketing. As such, Lumonol seems geared towards the tech heads, entrepreneurs, & arteests.
Any Side Effects?
None reported–however, Lumonol deserves special caution & awareness for its Noopept content, which remains largely under-researched in terms of long-term bio-effects & toxicity. Given its similarities to piracetam, which has been deemed safer than table salt, we doubt Noopept poses much of a risk. Yet, we’d recommend adhering to the directions on the label.
- Noopept. Racetams & racetam-like nootropics are fairly unique to pre-made stacks.
- Diversity. Focus, Energy, & Memory are all sufficiently supported by Lumonol.
- Positive Reputation. We’re not the only reviewers that like this formula (plus the reviews seem legit, which is definitely a positive).
- Hordenine. We’re not entirely convinced that Hordenine is the right energy source.
- No Extracts. At least, there are no herbal extracts advertised by Lumonol.
- Prop Blends. Tell us the dosages, yo!
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $79.98
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Lumonol
Lumonol is a professional formula for professionals at a professional price. It’s a formula that works–for focus, energy, & memory. And it’s a formula that hasn’t been replicated by any other manufacturer that we’ve seen, stacking heavy-hitting Noopept with a number of brain healthy, natural nootropics. That alone is worth the price tag–and frankly we’d rather spend this much on a stack that works rather than any money on a p.o.s. product that ain’t even worth the digestion.