Have you been feeling sluggish lately despite your strong commitment to regular exercise, good nutrition, and quality sleep?
Well, you may be experiencing a Vitamin B12 deficiency.
An energy booster with a hefty dose of this vitamin can help kick chronic fatigue to the curb once and for all.
Enter NOW Ultra B-12.
We’ll say this much, folks: this supplement’s insane Vitamin B12 amount will blow you away.
That alone should help pique your interest for this awesome review.
About NOW Ultra B-12
NOW Ultra B-12 offers you a great “Cellular Energy Boost,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Ultimate supplemental source of Vitamin B12. Insane 83,330 percent of the daily value.
- Good reputation. Many customers swear by it.
- Great taste. Ironically, this is an unflavored product.
NOW Ultra B-12 Supplement Facts (Unflavored, 4 fl. oz. [118 ml])
|Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 mL)
Servings Per Container: about 24
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%*|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B-1) (from Thiamin HCl)||3 mg||200%|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)||3.4 mg||200%|
|Niacin (Vitamin B-3) (as Niacinamide)||50 mg||250%|
|Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg||500%|
|Folate (as Folic Acid)||800 mcg||200%|
|Vitamin B-12 [as Cyanocobalamin, Methylcobalamin (Co-enzyme Form)]||5 mg (5,000 mcg)||83,333%|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)(from Calcium Pantothenate)||50 mg||500%|
|Other Ingredients: De-ionized Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Xylitol, Brown Rice Syrup, Malic Acid, Natural Flavors, BetterStevia® [Organic Stevia Extract (Leaf)], Potassium Sorbate (as preservative), Choline Bitartrate, Inositol, Grapefruit Fiber and Cinnamon Bark Oil (Ceylon) (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)|
|Directions For Ultra B-12: Shake well before use. In the morning, take 1 teaspoon, hold in mouth for 30 seconds, then swallow. 1 teaspoon (5 mL) is equivalent to about 5 half dropperfuls.
Refrigerate after opening to maximize freshness.
Cellular Energy Boost
If you’re into bodybuilding supplements, chances are you may have stumbled upon products with unbelievable mega doses of certain ingredients.
For instance, Optimum Nutrition OPTI-MEN (a potent multivitamin) has an insane 5,000 percent of the daily value for thiamin or Vitamin B1.
Just to put things in perspective, anything higher than 15 percent of the daily value is already high.
You may also want to size up Trace Minerals Electrolyte Stamina Power Pak, an energy booster with 2,000 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C or ascorbic acid?
When you take that supplement, the common cold will shiver in your presence.
If you think these daily values are insane, NOW Ultra B-12 will blow them out of the water.
How about a staggering 83,330 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B12 or cyanocobalamin?
We told you.
We just made history here in B5 Supplements, folks: that is the largest amount for any ingredient we’ve ever come across.
That’s just for starters.
NOW Ultra B-12 is an energy booster which offers you so much more.
The manufacturer’s official website dubs this product a “Cellular Energy Boost” because of its unreal Vitamin B12 content.
Many people are in dire need of Vitamin B12.
According to a study published in The Annual Review of Nutrition in 2004 (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov), “Dietary Vitamin B12 deficiency is a severe problem in the Indian subcontinent, Mexico, Central, and South America, and selected areas in Africa.”
Here are some symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency:
- Chronic fatigue
- Muscle discomfort
- Joint pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Poor memory and lack of concentration
- Heart issues, such as palpitations
- Dental issues, such as bleeding gums
- Digestive issues, such as diarrhea
If you’ve been feeling any of these symptoms, you may not be consuming enough cyanocobalamin (strict vegetarians may be at risk because animal products contain plenty of Vitamin B12) . Check with your doctor to be on the safe side.
“Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin necessary for the maintenance of a healthy nervous system and for the metabolic utilization of fats and proteins,” per NOW’s official website.
“Vitamin B12 is also essential for the synthesis of DNA during cell division and therefore is especially important for rapidly-multiplying cells, such as blood cells,” per the same source.
The manufacturer also stresses Vitamin B12 is vital for a healthy heart because it “encourages serum homocysteine levels.”
One of this vitamin’s important benefits is its ability to ramp up energy levels (it comes as no surprise NOW Ultra B-12 is an energy booster).
Cyanocobalamin is a key player in converting carbohydrates into glucose (blood sugar). The latter is an important source of energy from the carbs you consume.
Plus, Vitamin B12 is a key element in muscular contraction. You won’t be able to do anaerobic training efficiently without ample amounts of this vitamin.
Check out its other important health benefits, folks:
- Boosts memory
- Improves mood
- Helps regulate cardiovascular and digestive health
- Improves skin and hair health
- Keeps free radicals at bay
- Helps the body produce red blood cells
The takeaway: never take your Vitamin B12 levels for granted.
On the other hand, anything in excess is never a good thing. That goes for your Vitamin B12 intake, too.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) says adults over the age of 14 need around 2.4 micrograms of Vitamin B12 daily.
NOW Ultra B-12 has five milligrams of this vitamin per serving. That’s equal to an insane 5,000 micrograms per serving – way above the NIH’s recommended daily intake.
Health experts believe too much Vitamin B12 may result in swelling, blood clots, hives, chest discomfort, and muscle weakness.
It bears repeating: consult your doctor first if this concerns you.
On the other hand, NOW Ultra B-12’s second-biggest ingredients are 10 milligrams of Vitamin B6 and 50 milligrams of Vitamin B5 per serving. Both are equal to a whopping 500 percent of the daily value.
The former helps keep high homocysteine levels in check. Long story short, too much of this amino acid may compromise heart health.
In addition, an excessive amount of homocysteine may be detrimental to the nervous system as well. In other words, Vitamin B6 helps support brain health.
This vitamin also helps produce melatonin, a hormone which regulates our internal sleep cycle.
Ergo, better heart and brain health plus quality sleep equals more energy.
As for Vitamin B5, it helps increase endurance and keep fatigue at bay because it regulates the body’s metabolic activities.
Simply put, we’re glad Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B5 are in NOW Ultra B-12.
Next up are 50 milligrams of Vitamin B3, which is equal to a solid 250 percent of the daily value.
Also known as Vitamin B3, this ingredient helps regulate cholesterol levels, improve heart health, regulate blood sugar levels, and enhance joint mobility.
Aren’t you glad this virtuoso is in NOW Ultra B-12?
This product also has 200 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C (120 milligrams per serving), Vitamin B1 (three milligrams per serving), Vitamin B2 (3.4 milligrams per serving), and folic acid (800 micrograms per serving).
Vitamin C has a heap of benefits:
- Helps improve cardiovascular health
- Regulates blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improves immune system function
- Boosts gum health
- Wards off the common cold
Any time an ingredient with 200 percent of the daily value helps boost your immune system, you are sure to enjoy increased energy levels.
We think it’s awesome NOW Ultra B-12 has a ton of Vitamin C.
On the other hand, Vitamin B1 (also known as thiamine) helps oxidize sugar and convert it into energy for optimal body function.
Thiamine also helps the body produce red blood cells for increased energy levels.
We say three milligrams per serving is optimal.
For its part, Vitamin B2 (also known as riboflavin) helps break down macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fats) and convert them to energy for optimal metabolism.
Okay, you may think folic acid (Vitamin B9) is solely for the ladies because it is best known to help ward off birth defects.
However, it is not. Far from it.
Perhaps its top benefit for bodybuilders is its ability to grow and maintain muscle tissues.
Vitamin B9 also helps produce red blood cells and hemoglobin (a protein which transports oxygen to cells and organs) for more energy.
Finally, NOW Ultra B-12 has 300 micrograms of biotin, which is equal to 100 percent of the daily value.
This ingredient is also known as Vitamin B7. It’s best known for its benefits for the hair, skin, and nails.
However, it’s much more than that. Check out what it can do for you:
- Helps regulate metabolism
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Boosts nervous and cardiovascular system health
- Supports healthy thyroid function
- Assists in muscle tissue and repair
You can clearly see these benefits are tied up to increased energy in one way or another.
With that in mind, biotin is a great inclusion found in NOW Ultra B-12.
All in all, this supplement is sure to make your energy levels skyrocket. Believe it.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 10: NOW Ultra B-12 is a bona fide low-calorie energy booster at a paltry 10 per serving.
- Total carbohydrate, 2.5 g: This product has less than one percent of the daily value for carbs. We’re sure it won’t compromise your low-carb nutrition plan and lean-muscle building goals, folks.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 120 mg: With NOW Ultra B-12’s solid 200 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid, you will enjoy greater resistance to the common cold, better heart health, and improved blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin B1 (from thiamine HCL), 3 mg: This B vitamin helps oxidize sugar and produce red blood cells for more energy.
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), 3.4 mg: A B Vitamin instrumental in breaking down carbs, protein, and fat and converting them into energy.
- Vitamin B3 (as niacinamide): Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels, boost cardiovascular health, and regulate blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine HCL), 10 mg: Pyridoxine helps improve cardiovascular and nervous system health by keeping levels of the protein homocysteine in check. This vitamin also helps produce melatonin for better sleep quality.
- Folic acid, 800 mcg: Vitamin B9 helps grow and maintain muscle. It also helps produce red blood cells and hemoglobin for increased energy levels.
- Vitamin B12 [as cyanocobalamin, methylcobalamin (co-enzyme form) and dibencozide (co-enzyme form)], 5.0 mg (5,000 mcg): The main ingredient of NOW Ultra B-12 (take a hint from the name, folks). We say this is the ultimate source of Vitamin B12 at an insane 83,330 percent of the daily value. If this doesn’t raise your energy levels, nothing will.
- Biotin, 300 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B7, this ingredient helps regulate metabolism, regulate blood sugar levels, and build and repair muscle tissue. Its best known attribute is its ability to boost hair, skin, and nail health.
- Vitamin B5 (from calcium d-pantothenate), 50 mg: Helps ramp up endurance levels by regulating the body’s metabolic activities.
If you’ve been stocking up on B Vitamin knowledge (specifically Vitamin B12), you should know by now its major benefits include increased energy and improved cardiovascular health.
Well, these are precisely what you will get when you supplement with NOW Ultra B-12, folks.
The insane Vitamin B12 content (83,330 percent of the daily value) is just the tip of the iceberg here. That alone will help jack up your energy levels.
If you’ve been battling chronic fatigue and have been doing the right things (sound nutrition, regular exercise, and adequate sleep) to no avail, you may need an extra dose of Vitamin B12.
Take our word for it, folks: many consumers have sung their praises for NOW Ultra B-12. They swear by it.
With that much Vitamin B12, we’re not the least bit surprised.
Of course, the other ingredients (Vitamin C and B Vitamins) are awesome inclusions.
Don’t forget about choline (five milligrams per serving), folks.
This ingredient helps boost liver and brain health, regulate nerve and muscle function, and increase energy levels.
It’s a great insurance policy.
In a nutshell, NOW Ultra B-12 will increase your energy levels through natural pathways. It has no caffeine content whatsoever.
That’s a major plus, folks.
While caffeine is still the world’s most popular stimulant, it may cause a spike-crash effect in some individuals.
You don’t need that. There’s no substitute for clean and sustained energy throughout the day.
This product will give you that and more. Guaranteed.
Hey, we also like the manufacturer’s use of stevia. Ironically, they included this natural, plant-based sweetener (which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels) in an unflavored product.
The inclusion of inositol (five milligrams per serving) also helps improve the taste.
This is a sweet-tasting carb found in fruits such as oranges and cantaloupes. It also helps convert nutrients into energy.
We may be the first ones to say an unflavored supplement such as NOW Ultra B-12 tastes great (thanks mainly to its stevia and inositol components). Other customers agree with us.
We also tip our hat off to the manufacturer for its transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends, either. Awesome.
On the flip side, the hefty dose of Vitamin B12 can be a double-edged sword. Too much of it may result in some side effects, like we mentioned.
Ditto for Vitamin B3, which has been known to cause “niacin flushing” (a tingling sensation in the face) in some individuals.
Note NOW Ultra B-12 also has potassium sorbate, a preservative which may be detrimental to digestive health.
The takeaway: when you take NOW Ultra B-12, please do so at your own risk.
NOW Ultra B-12 Benefits
NOW Ultra B-12 has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Increased cellular energy boost
- Five milligrams of Vitamin B12 per serving
- Complete B Vitamin profile
- Eight hundred micrograms of folic acid per serving
- Great taste
- Vegetarian formula
We agree with all of these claims. NOW Ultra B-12 is a surefire way to increase your energy levels for peak performance and then some.
Who Takes It?
NOW Ultra B-12 is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase their energy levels, boost heart health, improve overall health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Please note while NOW Ultra B-12’s increased amount of Vitamin B12 has some benefits, it may also cause swelling, blood clots, hives, chest discomfort, and muscle weakness.
This product also has 250 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B3 (niacin). Excessive amounts may result in “niacin flush” (an itching or burning sensation in the chest or facial areas) in some individuals.
Finally, this supplement has potassium sorbate, a preservative which may cause digestive issues (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea).
If these, or any other ingredients, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
NOW Ultra B-12 Summary
- Ultimate source of Vitamin B12. Insane 83,330 percent of the daily value for cyanocobalamin.
- Complete B Vitamin profile. Helps increase energy levels and boost heart health.
- High dose of Vitamin C. Solid 200 percent of the daily value.
- Awesome transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts.
- Good reputation. Many customers have praised its effectiveness.
- Great taste. Ironically, this is an unflavored product.
- Double-edged sword. High amounts of Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B3 may backfire in some individuals.
- Dirty ingredient. Has potassium sorbate, a preservative which may cause digestive issues.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (23-Day Supply): $15.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on NOW Ultra B-12
Congrats, folks: you’ve stumbled upon the ultimate supplemental source of Vitamin B12 on the planet.
Like we said, if this (and its other potent ingredients) don’t ramp up your energy levels without the caffeine fix, nothing will.
Plus, where else can you find an unflavored supplement which tastes great?
On the other hand, this supplement is also a double-edged sword due to the reasons we previously mentioned.
This is a recording.
All in all, NOW B-12 is a potent energy booster which makes for an awesome pick-me-up.
We highly recommend you buy it.
Friendly reminder, folks: proceed with extreme caution.