If you want to boost your long-term eye health, better put a premium on antioxidants.
That’s the best way to protect your eyes from nasty free radicals.
Enter YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX.
There may be bigger-name vision supplements out there, but this one’s no slouch.
Enjoy the review as usual, folks.
About YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX “is formulated to support healthy eye function,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Powerful antioxidant content. Courtesy of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- High vitamin C amount. Solid 400 percent of the daily value.
- Has selenium. Helps boost vitamin E absorption.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX Supplement Facts (60 Capsules)
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (as beta carotene)||5,000 IU||100%|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||240 mg||400%|
|Vitamin E (from d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)||60 IU||200%|
|Zinc (from amino acid chelate)||5 mg||33%|
|Selenium (from yeast)||70 mcg||100%|
|Chromium (from amino acid chelate)||50 mcg||42%|
|Lutein Esters||8 mg||*|
|CoEnzyme Q-10||4 mg||*|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin capsule (gelatin and water), magnesium stearate.|
|DIRECTIONS: Take 2 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.|
Supports Healthy Eye Function
We hope you’ve seen our vision product reviews here on B5.
You may be a young stud who’s into bodybuilding who’s cranking out all those reps at the gym.
However, if you take your eye health for granted, all that hard work won’t mean anything over the long haul.
Take it from us, folks: a comprehensive formula featuring a ton of antioxidants should do wonders for your eyes.
One product which comes to mind is InstantVISION.
This vision support supplement’s lutein, bilberry, quercetin dihydrate, l-taurine, and n-acetyl l-cysteine components should help shore up your antioxidant protection.
Count on it.
Another one is Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000.
If this Aussie supplement’s insane 10 grams of bilberry extract per serving don’t blow you away, nothing will.
We’re telling you, these products are in a different stratosphere.
On that note, we’re hoping we can put YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX on the same pedestal.
This supplement “is formulated to support healthy eye function,” per its official website.
“It features a proprietary blend of vitamin A (as beta-carotene), vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, selenium, chromium, lutein, and co-enzyme Q10,” per the same source.
You can clearly see the manufacturer broke down the individual components on the ingredients list.
So, why call it a proprietary blend?
That’s a bit of a head-scratcher, to be honest.
Let’s give the company the benefit of the doubt, folks: it has excellent transparency.
You’ll benefit from seeing the precise ingredient amounts on the label.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s first key ingredient is 5,000 IU of vitamin A (as beta-carotene) per two -capsule serving (equal to 100 percent of the daily value).
First of all, we love the manufacturer’s use of beta-carotene instead of retinyl palmitate.
The latter is the so-called purer form of vitamin A which some experts have linked to carcinogenicity in recent years.
We thought retinyl palmitate had promise, but doubts have crept in because of the carcinogenicity issue.
Just to clear things up, beta-carotene isn’t vitamin A – it’s a precursor of the latter.
Let’s keep it real here: when it comes to vision supplements, vitamin C and vitamin E have gotten a bigger share of the spotlight than vitamin A in recent years.
Does that make vitamin A obsolete as an eye support ingredient?
In fact, we’re stoked it’s in YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX.
Simply put, vitamin A helps protect the cornea (the eye’s surface), keep macular degeneration at bay, and boost long-term eye function.
Listen, although 100 percent of the daily value for vitamin A isn’t the highest in the industry (InstantVision has five times that amount) it’s still solid – we’re confident you’ll reap its full benefits.
Next up is a bona fide eye antioxidant superstar in vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) – YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s most abundant ingredient.
More specifically, it has 240 milligrams per serving (400 percent of the daily value).
Vitamin C helps strengthen connective tissue in the cornea and promotes proper eye blood vessel function (including those in the capillaries and retina).
Plus, vitamin C helps ward off cataracts and glaucoma.
This ingredient also helps regulate the immune system, boost heart, cartilage, and skin health; and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
The takeaway: not only will vitamin C boost your vision, but it will also help improve long-term health.
An impressive 400 percent of the daily value is a sure bet, folks.
When a vision supplement has vitamin C, chances are, it also has vitamin E.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX has 60 IU of vitamin E (from d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) per serving (equal to 200 percent of the daily value).
Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant.
Get this: some experts believe it helps keep macular degeneration at bay by as much as 25 percent.
This ingredient also helps protect the intraocular lens from nasty free radicals.
Ergo, vitamin E is a great preventive measure against cataracts.
Just like vitamin C, vitamin E has other vital health benefits:
- Wards off cellular oxidation
- Improves circulation
- Plays a key role in red blood cell formation
- Increases utlization of vitamin K in blood clots
Two hundred percent of the daily value for vitamin E will go a long way.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX also has five milligrams of zinc (from amino acid chelate, equal to 33 percent of the daily value) per serving.
So, what’s it doing in a vision product?
Well, zinc helps transport vitamin A from the liver to the retina.
This process produces melanin, the pigment which gives color to the eyes.
The experts’ take: higher melanin levels bode well for long-term eye function.
Check out zinc’s other benefits:
- Stops cataracts dead in their tracks
- Strengthens bones
- Wards off free radicals
- Boosts fat loss
- Improves immunity
No wonder zinc is such a powerhouse mineral.
Five milligrams of zinc per serving is not the most we’ve seen (NutraGreen Eye Health Essential has eight times that amount) among vision supplements.
However, it should help.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX also has 70 micrograms of selenium (100 percent of the daily value) and 50 micrograms of chromium (42 percent of the daily value) per serving.
These are rare vision supplement ingredients.
It turns out selenium promotes the absorption of vitamin E, per BostonSight.org’s Janice M. Epstein.
Any time an ingredient helps multiply the benefits of a powerful eye antioxidant, we’re all for it.
It doesn’t stop there.
“Selenium has also been shown to slow the progression of eye symptoms related to Graves’ disease, an autoimmune condition affecting the thyroid,” per Epstein.
Plus, selenium is a precursor of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant which keeps cataracts at bay.
A solid 100 percent of the daily value for selenium ought to do the trick.
As for chromium, it helps ciliary muscle function. This results in better eye focus.
Experts also say chromium helps ward off nearsightedness and cataracts.
Forty-two percent of the daily value for chromium should make a solid impact.
In a nutshell, we should never underestimate the eye health benefits of selenium and chromium again.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s next key ingredient is eight milligrams of lutein esters per serving.
Lutein is a carotenoid and antioxidant which helps offset the detrimental effects of poor diet and excessive ultraviolet light on the eyes.
Lutein also helps improve heart and skin health and promote healthy blood sugar levels.
The inclusion of lutein in YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX is a certified no-brainer – we love it.
Finally, this supplement has four milligrams of coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ10) per serving.
This is the rarest eye health support ingredient among the lot.
According to the Mayo Clinic’s official website, CoQ10 may help ward off cataracts and age-related macular degeneration in combination with other ingredients.
Unfortunately, there has been no solid evidence backing up CoQ10’s impact as a stand-alone ingredient for vision health.
Well, we’re hopeful CoQ10 helps increase the efficiency of YOUNGEVITY Ultra Vision FX’s other components.
After a thorough analysis, we say YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX is an impressive eye health supplement from top to bottom.
In fact, it can give the competition a run for its money. Trust us.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), 5,000 IU: This vitamin -arguably the most popular for eye health – helps protect the cornea, ward off macular degeneration, and improve long-term eye health. YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX has a solid 100 percent of the daily value for vitamin A.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 240 mg: A powerful antioxidant which helps strengthen connective tissue and promote better blood vessel function in the eyes. Vitamin C also helps keep cataracts and glaucoma at bay .Plus, it helps improve heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, and boost the immune system. You are sure to reap all of these fantastic benefits at an impressive 400 percent of the daily value for vitamin C.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate), 60 IU: Experts believe this powerful antioxidant can help ward off macular degeneration by as much as 25 percent, keep cataracts at bay, and protect the intraocular lens from free radical damage. An awesome 200 percent of the daily value for vitamin E ought to do the trick.
- Zinc (from amino acid chelate), 5 mg: This versatile mineral helps shuttle vitamin A from liver to the retina to produce melanin, which is crucial for long-term eye health. Zinc also helps ward off cataracts, strengthen bones, keep free radicals at bay, increase fat loss, and regulate the immune system.
- Selenium (from yeast), 70 mcg: Selenium helps improve vitamin E absorption for better overall results. The former is also a precursor of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant which helps stop cataracts dead in their tracks.
- Chromium (from amino acid chelate), 50 mcg: A mineral which helps improve eye focus and keep nearsightedness and cataracts at bay.
- Lutein esters, 8 mg: A powerful carotenoid and antioxidant which helps nutralize the detrimental effects of poor nutrition and excessive ultraviolet light on the eyes. Not only that, but lutein also helps shore up heart health and promote healthy blood sugar levels.
- CoEnzyme Q-10, 4 mg: Some studies suggest CoQ10 may help ward off age-related macular degeneration and cataracts in combination with other vision support components. In that regard, CoQ10 is an insurance policy more than anything else.
We’ve seen many vision supplements with impressive ingredients – they’ve got the full repertoire.
Consider YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX a part of that exclusive club, folks.
When you scan the ingredients list, you know this supplement is stacked right off the bat.
Any time you see vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E on the list, expect impressive antioxidant protection for your eyes.
These are the most effective vitamin ingredients for exceptional ocular health.
Not only that, but we also feel the amount of each vitamin component is spot on.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s mineral profile isn’t too shabby, either.
With the inclusions of zinc, selenium, and chromium, you’ll enjoy better protection against cataracts, improved eye focus, and solid, long-term vision health.
We’re excited about the selenium component because of its ability to increase vitamin E absorption.
It’s like including black pepper fruit extract in a post-workout supplement to improve bioavailability and overall results.
Like we said, the inclusion of lutein esters is a no-brainer: it’s one of the most proven eye health ingredients on the market.
As for co-enzyme Q10, we’re hoping it can boost the efficiency of YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s other ingredients.
Don’t forget about this product’s other health benefits such as better heart function, healthy blood sugar levels, and a shored-up immune system.
The manufacturer also scores high marks for transparency – it divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
What proprietary blend?
This vision supplement has no fillers, either.
Just about the only chink we spotted is YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX’s reputation – it doesn’t measure up to other big-name supplements’.
Nonetheless, most of the customers who reviewed this product gave it high marks.
We will, too.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX Benefits
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX helps improve vision, ward off eye disorders (cataracts, macular degeneration, etc.), and improve one’s overall quality of life.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX for healthy individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve vision, achieve their daily fitness goals, and improve their overall quality of life.
Any Side Effects?
While YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX has no glaring side effects, please seek your physician’s advice if you feel doubtful about any of its ingredients.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX Review Summary
- Impressive ingredients. Loaded from top to bottom.
- Powerful antioxidant arsenal. Courtesy of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- High vitamin C levels. Four hundred percent of the daily value.
- Selenium content. Helps improve vitamin E absorption.
- Excellent transparency. Company reveals all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers. Thumbs up.
- Reputation. Not as known as other big-name vision supplements.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 60-Capsule Bottle (30-Day Supply): $32.50
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX
Make way for another bona fide game changer, folks.
YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX is a solid vision supplement. The ingredient profile says it all.
When you add this supplement to your stack, you will enjoy excellent long-term eye health.
With that, we highly recommend you buy YOUNGEVITY Ultimate Vision FX.
You won’t be sorry.