Hey, have you tried eating bilberries before?
Well, you should.
They’re known for their excellent eye health benefits. Plus, they’re a staple ingredient in some multivitamins.
Speaking of vision products, Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg is something worthy of your attention.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, as usual.
About Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg “is rich in antioxidants that help to decrease the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Five grams of bilberry per serving. Should go a long way, folks.
- Extra health benefits. Good for the cardiovascular and circulatory systems as well.
- Inconvenient. Taking four capsules daily may be a chore for some busy people.
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 mg Supplement Facts (60 Capsules)
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule (5000 mg)|
Servings Per Container: 60
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) extract equiv. to fresh fruit (5 g)||5000 mg||†|
|Standardised to contain Anthocyanosides 18 mg||18 mg||†|
|Ingredients: Contains lactose and beeswax. No added yeast, starch, gluten, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners, artificial colours or artificial preservatives.|
|Directions: Take four Bilberry 5000 mg capsules daily with food or as recommended by your healthcare professional.|
Bilberry for Healthy Eye Function
Many eye support products are loading up on antioxidants.
That’s the battle cry of supplement manufacturers nowadays: the higher the antioxidant content the product has, the better it is for your long-term eye health.
NOW Ocu Support is the perfect example, folks.
We feel its antioxidant arsenal is unparalleled among vision products. No wonder we gave NOW Ocu Support a perfect grade.
Not far behind is Herbs of Gold Macu-Guard with Bilberry 10000 – an Aussie eye care product which packs a wallop.
Let’s see if another eye supplement from Down Under, Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg, is up to the task.
Five grams of bilberry per serving should do the trick, folks.
“Bilberry is widely recognised for supporting healthy eye function,” per Nature’s Own’s official website.
Yep, we can vouch for that.
“As well as helping to maintain healthy eyes, bilberry is rich in antioxidants that help to decrease the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals,” per the same source.
We say a vision product focusing exclusively on bilberry is awesome. It has gained serious traction as a staple eye support ingredient.
Today, technology takes up a huge chunk of our lifestyle. That could spell disaster for your eyes.
The manufacturer rattles off the causes of poor eye health:
- Age and gender: Vision problems become more prevalent as one ages. Women are likelier to have eye issues than men.
- Smoking and alcohol: These not only affect the heart and liver, respectively, they also can take a toll on the eyes.
- Poor nutrition: Insufficient consumption of Vitamin A and Vitamin C can result in eye issues.
- Overexposure to sunlight: Bodybuilding supplement manufacturers have been making this point time and again.
- Dehydration: May result in dryness and soreness of the eyes.
- Screen time: Whether it be the television or computer, too much screen time may result in eye fatigue and eye strain.
- Family history: Genetics also play a role in determining your future eye health
Of course, doing the opposite of these can help turn things around. It’s never too late.
When you add Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg to the equation, good things will happen.
Look no further than the 18 milligrams of anthocyanosides per 5-gram serving of bilberry fruit per serving.
These anthocyanosides are polyphenols which give bilberries their bluish-black color and excellent antioxidant content.
Many experts believe these anthocyanosides are responsible for bilberry’s health benefits.
They help regulate connective tissue and blood vessel (capillary) health in the eyes.
Case in point: pilots of the British Air Force consumed bilberry jam to improve their night vision during World War II.
They swore it worked. No wonder they had a distinct advantage at night.
According to the University of Michigan’s Kellogg Eye Center, anthocyanosides “speed the regeneration of rhodopsin, the purple pigment that is used by the rods in the eye for night vision.”
However, the same source pointed out studies involving bilberries and night vision have produced mixed results.
Nonetheless, bilberries may ward off cataracts, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy, per the University of Michigan.
The good news: bilberries aren’t just good for the eyes.
Check out their other important health benefits:
- Help boost circulation
- Keep bad (LDL) cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check
- Ward off nasty free radicals
- Help provide relief for diarrhea
Ergo, when you supplement with Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg, your circulatory and cardiovascular systems also benefit.
Of course, this bodes well for your long-term health.
Need more proof?
These attest to bilberry’s versatility.
We’ve given vision products with bilberry high marks here on B5. Bear in mind some of them have a lot more ingredients than Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg.
Since this product has fewer components, it should have a cleaner ingredient profile.
We also like the absence of shady proprietary blends.
Just about the only gripe we have about Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg is inconvenience – you have to take four capsules daily with food.
Nevertheless, seems the trend of high marks for vision products with bilberry will continue.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) extract equiv. to fresh fruit (5 g), 5000 mg (standardized to contain anthocyanosides, 18 mg), 5000 mg: This fruit is rich in anthocyanosides, the polyphenols responsible for its black-bluish color and impressive antioxidant content. Bilberries help improve night vision and boost connective tissue and blood vessel health. They also help ward off cataracts and macular degeneration. Plus, bilberries regulate blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels and provide relief for diarrhea.
We have stumbled upon another simple and potent supplement here on B5.
The more, the merrier.
Hey, who wants supplements with a thousand ingredients, anyway? We’ll take the simple and effective ones in a heartbeat, folks.
We’re proud to mention Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg in the same breath.
It would be a tremendous hassle to consume bilberry day in and day out to improve your eye health.
This product gives you a more convenient way of doing that.
We believe five grams of bilberry extract per serving will help you reap all of its benefits.
If you’ve had some eye issues, expect your night vision to improve. Expect enhanced ocular connective tissue and blood vessel health as well.
Like we said, your overall health – particularly your cardiovascular and circulatory systems – will also improve.
Enjoy better antioxidant protection, too.
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg’s simplicity is indicative of its clean ingredient profile – no fillers and shady proprietary blends whatsover.
Hey, that’s one of the things Aussie supplements are known for – top-notch quality coming from all-natural sources.
If only other manufacturers can follow suit.
We also said the only gripe we have is the inconvenience issue. Taking four capsules a day may be a tall order for some busy folks out there.
Nevertheless, make Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg a part of your supplement stack and reap its benefits today.
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg Benefits
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Excellent antioxidant profile
- Helps maintain ocular health
- Anthocyanoside content for stable collagen levels and stronger capillaries
We agree with all of these claims. Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg should exceed your expectations.
Who Takes It?
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg is intended for healthy individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve eye health and enjoy a better quality of life.
Any Side Effects?
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg has lactose, a disaccharide sugar found in milk which may trigger an intolerance in some individuals.
If this, or any other ingredient makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg Summary
- Simple and potent ingredient. Bilberry extract for better eye health.
- Five grams of bilberry extract per serving. Should go a long way.
- Extra health benefits. Improved cardiovascular and circulatory health and relief from diarrhea.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers whatsoever. Awesome.
- Great transparency. Aussie manufacturers are as honest as they come, folks.
- Good reputation. Customers swear by it.
- Inconvenience. Consuming four tablets daily may be a chore for busy people.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 60-Capsule Bottle (15-Day Supply): $22.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg
Add Nature’s Own Eye Health 5000 Mg to the list of your must-haves in terms of excellent eye health.
This vision product’s simplicity speaks for itself.
You don’t need to scour your supermarket shelves for bilberries anymore – this product provides you with great eye benefits and then some.
Just make sure you can keep up with the four-capsule-a-day routine, folks.
We highly recommend you buy Nature’s Own Eye Health Bilberry 5000 Mg and enjoy great eyesight for years to come.