Oftentimes quality reflects the price tag and the higher the level of quality the more expensive it is. But not in the case of South African company Nutritech’s TESTOGROWTH.
At a mere $20 per bottle, you’re shown a product with an impressive list of ingredients that are well-known for their T-boosting properties as well as other useful health benefits.
It sounds too good to be true. So let’s dive right in and see what TESTOGROWTH has in store for us.
TESTOGROWTH is a T-booster that makes use of simple formula with some of the more traditional yet effective ingredients in the male enhancement market. They’re looking to cover all bases from boosting T to getting laid with a price tag that screams “BUY ME WHILE I’M CHEAP!” Let’s hope the price doesn’t speak for its quality. Formula notes:
- Good T-Boosters: Has recognizable names known for a good boost in T, including some of the most important T-boosters out there (ZINC!). All dosages are shown, too… good job.
- 5-HTP: Great for the brain chemical dopamine, awesome for mood and even appetite control. Seems a bit disconnected from testosterone, though.
- Label derp: They recommend to take this 45 minutes before bedtime but the label on the bottle says “Morning” while a logo on the website indicates “Post” and “Anytime.” Make up your mind!
TESTOGROWTH Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 5 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 24
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Peruvian Ginseng||250 mg|
|Piperine 95%||10 mg|
|D-Aspartic acid||1000 mg|
|Coleus Forskoli||250 mg|
|Fenugreek Extract||500 mg|
|Tongkat Ali||500 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris||500 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||10.5 mg|
|Zinc Monomethionine||30 mg|
|Other Ingredients: HPMC, Silica, Magnesium Stearate|
|Directions for use: Take 5 capsules once a day with optimal timing being 45min before bed, preferably on an empty stomach.|
TESTOGROWTH puts T-boosting as the number one priority but boosts other manly health aspects, too.
In a market where most T-boosters focus more on sex drive, erections, and other qualities that only mimics the effects of having high T, TESTOGROWTH’s formulation actually puts boosting T as the number one priority and still has room for the rest of the good stuff.
Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
- Peruvian Ginseng. Also known as Maca, it is a popular aphrodisiac and physical performance enhancer.
- 5-HTP. This is their stress buster and makes users feel happy or calm.
- Piperine: Black pepper extract; Increases bioavailability of any compound.
- DAA: DAA is our #1 T-booster although D-AA-CC is a better form for absorption.
- Coleus Forskoli. Another good T-booster and they hit the minimum effective dosage too.
- Chrysin: An aromatase inhibitor which prevents conversion of T to estrogen. It’s usually poorly absorbed but supplementing it with piperine might just improve bioavailability.
- Fenugreek Extract. Great for muscle recovery and is a really potent sex enhancer. It also boosts T but it’s more of a secondary function.
- Tongkat Ali. A strong sex enhancer and a decent T-booster.
- Tribulus Terrestris. Extremely reliable as a sex enhancer, less so for T, but may help if you’re running low.
TESTOGROWTH is really looking to give you maximum T. It’s one of those products that give what a man needs in his T-booster. The formula includes some of our very own recommended T-boosters as well as ingredients with benefits any man will appreciate.
Adding Piperine in the mix helps to offset the relatively small dosages and low bioavailability of TESTOGROWTH ingredients.
BUT, we gotta point out that piperine is the only standardized herb, which casts some question on the potency of all other herbals in the formula. Other negative points we see are the lack of attention to detail with regards to their labeling and instructions. They state ZMA but Magnesium is missing, directions are unclear and they spelled Tongkat Ali wrong too.
We also have to point out that even though their DAA is our #1-ranked testosterone booster overall, TESTOGROWTH is using the plain form at a relatively low 1,000 mg dosage.
- Just for reference, our favorite testosterone booster supplement uses DAA in the superior D-AA-CC form, gives you 1,600 mg, AND gives you the same level of absorption-enhancing piperine as TESTOGROWTH. It’s a LOT stronger, but then again, that’s a premium supplement, and TESTROGROWTH is El Cheapo.
So as a formula overall TESTOGROWTH uses some awesome ingredients, but would be better off with higher potency forms and some bigger dosages to really max out results.
TESTOGROWTH delivers on its promises of a T boost along with other manly benefits for sex drive, sex performance, and vitality. Additionally, the 5-HTP may make your mood pretty good, too. They claim enhancements to lean muscle and strength, but those aren’t nearly as well backed by the TESTOGROWTH formula.
Who Takes It?
Athletes, especially bodybuilders. This is due to TESTOGROWTH being part of the NutriTech sports nutrition line, as well as their emphasis on strength & muscle. But really, even though this is their “target demographic,” the formula could be effectively taken by any man looking for a little T-boost and extra masculine health support.
Any Side Effects?
No reports of side effects… it looks like it would be pretty well tolerated, but we’d feel better about that if they had some more premium branded ingredients or high-potency herbal extracts.
- Transparent label. No prop blends, no hidden dosages.
- Solid ingredients. Good ingredients in one great formula.
- Great value. Pretty cheap at $19 – $20 per bottle.
- Retail availability. Handful of sellers and most are from South Africa.
- Details. Lack of attention to detail specially on labels can be a turn off.
- Dosage questions. Some fall short, even with the piperine boost.
The Big Con
As good as the product seems it’s not without a bit of dirt. It’s been accused of false advertising with regards to their protein supplements. Apparently a third party analyst revealed large discrepancies in protein content than what is stated on the label. Another alarming thing is how they claim to be GMP but that title was not extended to supplement manufacturers in South Africa at the time.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (24 servings): $19-$20 (319.00 ZAR)
- Available online
Final Word on TESTOGROWTH
TESTOGROWTH is a classic example of a product that does away with premium ingredients and makes a solid formula anyway with really good formulation choices. The label might be a turn off, but keep in mind this is a pretty cheap T-booster… so you can only expect so much, bro.