Perhaps one of the best, most underrated defenses in fighting:
How this essentially works is exactly how it sounds:
You creep out your opponent to the point that they want to have nothing to do with you. This may involve dressing like a woman (SEE: the incomparable Gorgeous George), dressing like a man (SEE: the terrifying Joan of Arc), or getting downright FREAKY (SEE: PharmaFreak’s TEST FREAK).
Does P6 Black have the stomach for this battle or should we just call the fight early?
Tale of the Tape
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||10.5 mg (525% DV)||Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||1666 IU (416% DV)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate)||90 mg (23% DV)||Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Acetate)||30 mg (200% DV)||Magnesium (as D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate)||135 mg (33% DV)|
|Proprietary Testosterone Support Complex||2.1 g||Zinc (as Zinc Monomethionine)||30 mg (200% DV)|
|TESTOFEN® Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) (seed) (Standardized to 50% Fenuside™), TRIGOTEST™ Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum) (seed) (Supplying Saponins), Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris) (fruit) (Standardized to maximum 60% Saponins / 20% Protodioscin)||Copper (as Copper Bis(Glycinate) Chelate)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Proprietary DHT Support Complex||280 mg||Nootropic Testosterone Matrix||2105 mg|
|Saw Palmetto Extract (Serenoa repens) (fruit) (Supplying Free Fatty Acids and Sterols), Stinging Nettle Extract (Urtica Dioica) (Leaf)||D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate, D-Serine, Alpha GPC (L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine), 3,3’-Diindolylmethane, Androstenolone|
|Proprietary Estrogen Support Complex||150 mg||Vitamin & Mineral Support Blend||191 mg|
|Hesperidin [(S)-2,3-dihydro-5,7-dihydroxy-2-(3-hydroxy-4-methoxyphenyl)-4-H-1-benzopy-ran-4-one], Apigenin (5,7-Dihydroxy-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-4H-1-benzopyran-4-one), Resveratrol (trans-3,5,4’-Trihydroxystilbene)||Zinc Monomethionine, Copper Bis(Glycinate) Chelate, Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate|
|Androgen Support Matrix||167 mg|
|Mucuna Pruriens Seed Extract (standardized for L-Dihydroxyphenylalanine), Andrographis paniculata Aerial Parts Extract (standardized for Andrographolides content)|
|*These are not full supplement facts, just a comparison of dosages & ingredients.|
Round 1: Formulas
We’re at a deadlock here:
Test Freak charges your bed-time performance, but P6 Black makes your brain smarter and stuff—which apparently women are into these days…
Is it okay to just take BOTH formulas?
Test Freak Supports Stamina in the Gym & Bed.
Sometimes the Bed is the “Gym”—right, BROs?? (*high-five!*)
Test Freak outright achieves this claim on “stamina” with its primary ingredient:
- Using two extracts of this potent sex-enhancer, Test Freak promises heavy libido-enhancing T-boosts due to the seed’s inhibition of sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG)—one of the major offenders of T inactivity.
Topping off the blend containing these high-potent Fenugreek extracts is Tribulus Terrestris, an overwhelmingly popular anabolic T-boosting herb… that doesn’t quite boost T—at least in the target demographic of this product: Younger bodybuilding men. Regardless, it’s great for building muscle, getting sleep, and HAVING SEX.
But that’s not all!
Test Freak also includes two additional angles on boosting T:
- Estrogen Support Complex increases T by inhibiting aromatase—the enzyme responsible for the conversion of T to estrogen. The result is more muscle-building T and less man-booby E.
- DHT Support Complex acts similarly by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase—the enzyme responsible for the conversion of T to DHT… The problem: DHT is a manlier androgen than T.
Both complexes increase T, but the latter does so at a net loss of manliness…
But, we can’t even be mad, because Test Freak seals the deal with a complimentary* stack of ZMA (Zinc, Magnesium, B6) for even more anabolic T-boosts (*not really—you’re still paying for it).
All-in-all, Test Freak’s formula is freaking awesome.
P6 Black Attempts Nootropic-T-Booster Hybrid.
But before we even get into that, we need to first point out:
Strictly in terms of T-boosting, P6 Black hits hard with 4 of our Top 5 BIG LIST T-Boosters: D-Aspartic Acid, Zinc, Mucuna Pruriens, and Vitamin D3. This almost immediately guarantees T-boosts here—and it only covers a third of what this formula has to offer.
That alone would sell us on this formula, but Cellucor doesn’t stop there, supplying even more T-boosters and a unique addition of nootropics—establishing this product’s claim on “Nootropic Testosterone Technology.” But how does this work (more importantly, DOES it work?):
- Long story short: It doesn’t… At least not in a way that would benefit the actions of this formula. Alpha-GPC & D-Serine are nootropics, sure, but they’re not the right nootropics for an athletic T-booster such as this—these are more appropriate for your academic “study” stacks.
Even so, the theoretical mind-muscle connection that this “Nootropic-T-Boosting” hybrid proposes is a cool idea that we’d like to see in more potential-PWO T-boosting formulas.
But the party doesn’t stop there, bros.
The remaining ingredients can be divided into Good, Bad, and Ugly categories:
- ZMA, baby! It’s here, too.
- Diindolylmethane & Androstenolone are an anti-estrogen and T-precursor, respectively… But the science on them is too wild to justify their use in this formula (or any formula) yet.
- Andrographis paniculata treats the common cold, not low T… WTF M8.
Side-by-side, both formulas have nearly the same amount of Pros and Cons… But not the same amount of T-boosters.
While Test Freak ranks highly on our 2016 ed. BEST for TEST list, P6 Black’s higher number of better T-boosters edges out the Pharma-Freakshow in this round.
Round 1… P6 Black Wins.
Round 2: Dosages
We’ve got a problem here and it goes by the name of:
In the supplement biz, nothing spells out douchebaggery better than prop blends—which is why we’re always surprised to see them coming from legitimate manufacturers such as PharmaFreak and Cellucor.
Regardless, we’ll assess the overall dosages of each blend and take this round from there:
- Test Freak’s dosages all look purdy solid, with the premier blend dosaging in with a fat g for gram—or, more accurately, 1 grams. That places this T-booster in the “above-average” category considering that many supps sit within the mg for milligram range.
- P6 Black qualifies for this title, as well, clocking in near 1 grams for its premier blend—however, compared to Test Freak, it falls a little short for cramming in more ingredients (5) in this blend than Test Freak (3).
Jumping into the Vitamins & Minerals yields more or less the same results—both have the same amount of Zinc (30 mg), yet flip-flop on their Magnesium & B6 dosages… We’ll count that as a tie on top of Test Freak’s butthair-to-butthair lead over P6 Black in the “blend dosage” trial.
BRO Wisdom: All it takes is a butthair to clinch the win.
Round 2… Test Freak Wins.
Round 3: Ingredient Quality
Ah, shit. Here’s another tough one…
Namely because both formulas look good.
This would be a much easier round to judge if both formulas had the same ingredients, but whatever, we’ll pound through this, bro—let’s start with what needs improvements on both sides:
- Test Freak needs to get a grip on the Vitamin B6 situation going on over here. Frankly, we’re sick of looking at it and refuse to look at it until it upgrades to a more absorbable P-5-P. And let’s swap that Zinc Acetate for a Zinc Citrate, too.
- P6 Black… c’mooon, P6 Black—you can’t be serious with that Zinc Monomethionine? We’re not down for Test Freak’s Zinc Acetate nor do we want the shit you got going over here. Let’s get it together.
And that’s all we got for pissy complaints! Not too bad considering they’re only on a few vitamins & minerals—which, let’s face it, probably work just fine in both formulas.
The important things to focus on are what’s in the blends, and what’s in the blends looks gooooood. Solid performance all-around, doods.
Round 3… Tie.
Round 4: Price
|Test Freak||VS.||P6 Black|
|1 Bottle (30-day supply)||$54.98||1 Bottle (30-day supply)||$69.90|
|Price Per Capsule||$0.46||Price Per Capsule||$0.77|
|Price Per Serving||$1.84||Price Per Serving||$2.33|
Round 4… Test Freak Wins.
Round 5: JUDGEMENT
For how dissimilar these formulas are, it’s incredible how well they both perform. We’ll count that as a win for the manufacturers who clearly know how to make a solid, effective T-booster out of the ingredients given to them.
Given how close these two products rank, yet how different they are, we feel we’re in the special position of recommending BOTH T-boosters—not at the same time, of course, but you should at least give both a try at some point.
Yet, as the story goes, there can only be one winner here.
And we have to give props to P6 Black for sticking it out and not giving in to Test Freak’s creep out shenanigans… But, in the end, it’s clear which T-booster deserves the title:
In the Test Freak vs. P6 Black fight, the winner by Majority Decision is…