They say the fun is in the chase.
But eff that noise.
We want our fun no-chase-style–without all the games & flirting & figuring-outting-what-the-eff-you’re-effing-talking-aboutting. Life is too short. Especially if you’re a man (who literally on a statistical level has a shorter life-span than the fairer, less-hairy sex).
This is why we appreciate T-boosters like Shredz Testosterone. It boosts T without all the BS.
About Shredz Testosterone
Manufactured by SHREDZ Supplements, Shredz Testosterone is well… Shredz’s Testosterone booster (no shit!)–also known as Alpha Testosterone. And just like its label, Shredz Testosterone is simple: It boosts T and that’s it. No funkin’ around. Formula notes:
- B5 Favorites: There are only a few ingredients that rank as our favorites for boosting T and Shredz Testosterone has two of them: Zinc & Velvet Bean.
- No Fluff: Everything in this formula has a purpose and those purposes all center around boosting testosterone & athletic performance.
- Prop Blend: Why the proprietary blend shenanigans? There are only 5 herbs in the blend, so hiding the dosages seems annoyingly unnecessary.
Shredz Testosterone Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Zinc||29.69 mg (200% DV)|
|SHREDZ® Proprietary Blend||1.92 g|
|Maca Root (Lepidium meyenii)||**|
|Velvet bean extract (as Mucuna pruriens) (seed)||**|
|Spanish Pellitory (Anacyclus pyrethrum) (leaf)||**|
|Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) (100:1 Concentrate)||**|
|Fenugreek Extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum) (seed)||**|
Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1.
Take 1 capsule 3 times daily spaced evenly.
Shredz Testosterone stacks botanical ball-droppers in a prop blend.
We hate prop blends.
But we love ball-droppers.
And Shredz Testosterone has both, setting up a good vs. bad scenario in this formula from the get-go. Judging that this T-booster opens up with one of our BIG LIST favorites Zinc, we have a hunch that there’s more good than bad here. But let’s check out the blend just to make sure:
Shredz Proprietary Blend, 1.92 g
That’s a gram with a g (not milligram, with an mg—thank the Lawd).
Which, to keep it simple, translates to 1920 mg for 5 ingredients—averaging out to 384 mg per ingredient, potentially (albeit doubtfully). In reality, Maca is going to draw the highest dosage from this blend with Fenugreek drawing the smallest for their listed order in the blend. Ideally, this should be switched if you’re sole concern is T, because:
- Maca doesn’t boost T. It increases energy & libido, which feels like a manly increase in T. Many formulas do this to give the impression of working—although, admittedly, it’s a bad impression if energy & libido are what you’re shooting for anyways.
The herbs that should have highest priority are:
- Velvet Bean. Another BIG LIST favorite, supplies L-DOPA for more LH & GH.
- Tongkat Ali. Potent sex-enhancer with T-increasing, cortisol-reducing benefits.
- Potent sex-enhancer with “free” T-increasing benefits.
Spanish Pellitory could potentially take the cake on T-boosting in this formula due to the Ayurvedic plant’s demonstrated benefits on testosterone, libido, & brain functioning—although, its reliance on animal research is holding it back here.
Alright, so let’s count ‘em up:
- 4 T-boosters. Zinc, Velvet Bean, Tongkat Ali, Fenugreek.
- 1 Potential T-Booster. Spanish Pellitory.
- 1 Non-T-Boosting Male Enhancer. Maca Root.
Strictly in terms of ingredient choices, Shredz Testosterone’s “good” clearly outweighs its “bad.” In actuality, the only qualifier for the “bad” category is Maca and that’s not even a bad ingredient—its performance-enhancing benefits are well worth the investment, especially when stacked with hormone supporters.
But what about the quality & quantity of each ingredient?
Does the good still outweigh the bad?
Hard to say. Shredz Testosterone does a good job at picking its ingredient, but strangely fails to disclose not only the dosages of its ingredients, but the nature of their extracts. The only herb that has an explicitly stated extract is Tongkat Ali (at an awesome 100:1 ratio). Judging by this herb, it’s tempting to say that rest of the ingredients share the same standard, but that would be pure speculation.
For that we’re docking a couple points on this formula. And, according to GNC user reviews, we’re not the only ones:
Ya, you tell ‘em, dood!!
Shredz Testosterone Benefits
To be fair, here’s another GNC user review:
At 25 years old, you probably don’t need a T-booster, but Shredz Testosterone’s particular T-boosts seem specially geared towards athletic (& sexual) performance enhancements. The specific benefits they claim are:
- PROVEN FORMULA – fenugreek, maca root and more come together to boost endurance and performance!
- PROVEN BOOST – Our products deliver energy FAST to help you conquer your fitness goals.
These claims check out (minus the “PROVEN” part). Most ingredients may deliver FAST results, but others (Spanish Pellitory in particular) require long-term supplementation for the results to build-up. The benefit of that: The results may extend beyond the end of a cycle.
Who Takes It?
Muscly Athletes. Shredz Testosterone isn’t one of your typical mature man-powered T-boosters. These herbs may help men of all ages, but are best used by active, muscle-building men looking to increase their gains in the gym & the bedroom.
Any Side Effects?
None. Nor would we expect any ill effects from the prop blend herbs due to their seemingly easy-to-absorb extracts & demonstrated natural benefits on male health.
Note of caution: The Zinc in this formula is sitting on the high end in terms of dosaging (~30 mg). This is awesome for T-boosting, but requires monitoring of overall Zinc consumption to ensure that you’re not overdoing it on this somewhat risky mineral.
Shredz Testosterone Summary
- B5 Favorites. Zinc & Velvet Bean are among our Top 5 boosters.
- Solid Choices. Nothing is out of place in this condensed formula.
- Overall Dosage. Prop blend, sure. But at least there’s enough milligrams.
- Prop Blend. The lack of transparency is our biggest beef with Shredz.
- Expensive. For only 5 herbs + mineral, $75 is on the high end.
- Dirty Additives. FD&C coloring has no purpose in “health” supplements.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $74.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Shredz Testosterone
Shredz Testosterone aims for shredded muscle via hormonal & non-hormonal pathways. The multi-angles on athletic male health is fairly impressive in an otherwise short list of ingredients. While we wish Shredz was more forthright in its ingredient quality & quantity, what we do see looks purdy damn good.