If you’re really pissed off at your bro, you might say to him:
“Bitch, I’ll put yo ass to sleep!”
Understand that this is not literal. It just implies “intent to combative duel” and it can be said many other ways:
“Take your ass to church!”
“Kick your ass in HD!”
“Slice ya like a tomato!!”
BUT, when Cellucor P6 PM says they’ll put yo ass to sleep, they mean it literally. But will that boost your T?
Let’s check it. And check yourself (before you wreck yourself).
About Cellucor P6 PM
Not to be confused with P6 Black or P6 Chrome, P6 PM rounds out Cellucor’s T-boosting P6 Series as the “Nighttime Testosterone & Sleep Support.” Sound boring? WELL IT’S NOT (and don’t you f***in’ ever say that ever again)! Formula notes:
- Night-Time Muscle Recovery: P6 PM addresses the most important aspect of exercise: Sleep. And it does so with mild T-boosting flavor.
- ZMA: This proven mineral + vitamin combo works both as a day-time performance-enhancer and night-time sleep aid. We’ll take it any time.
- Brain Stuff: i.e. Neurotransmitters. P6 PM could have easily notched in a couple cheap “drowsy” snoozers. They go with nootropic neurotransmitters instead. Noice!
Cellucor P6 PM Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||10.5 mg (525% DV)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg (113% DV)|
|Zinc (as Mono-L-Methionine and Aspartate)||30 mg (200% Dv)|
|P6® PM Blend||885 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Whole Herb Extract), Suntheanine® L-Theanine, Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) (Aerial Parts Extract), GABA (y-Aminobutyric Acid), Melatonin (N-Acetyl-5-Methoxytryptamine)|
|Other Ingredients: Capsule Shell (Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40), Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide.|
|Directions For P6 PM: Take one serving (4 capsules) daily, preferably on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before bedtime. For best results, avoid taking with dairy or other calcium-containing foods or supplements. DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPSULES PER DAY. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.|
The P6 PM offers Deep Rest and Free Test.
Cellucor, you had us at ZMA. Typically found in athletic-driven T-boosters, this sports performance mineral & vitamin trio, Zinc, Magnesium, & B6, not only enhances anabolic T levels, but speeds recovery by improving sleep efficiency.
ZMA is a MUST for T-boosting sleep aids.
While there are better forms of these minerals (+ vitamin) out there, P6 PM goes with the original ZMA formula—which is fine by us, considering this ZMA form has undergone the most research.
P6® PM Blend, 885 mg
While, yes, this is one of dem skeazy proprietary blends (boo), it’s a damn good one.
First of all, its 885 mg dosage is a solid size.
And secondly, its ingredients are all on point:
- Tribulus Terrestris. Despite its meh T-boosting effects (we rank it as a “Don’t boost T, but good for men’s health” herb on our BIG LIST of T-Boosters), Tribulus earns its spot here for achieving essentially the same effects as ZMA: Anabolic, restorative rest. It also makes for a sweet sex-enhancer (in case you’re not quite ready for sleep).
- L-Theanine. Presented as Suntheanine®, a quality L-Theanine brand, this green tea compound tops our BIG LIST of Nootropics for its focus-fueling, mental-calming effects. Whether you’re trying to study or trying to sleep, L-Theanine has your back (*brain).
- Passionflower + GABA. Passionflower improves sleep by stimulating GABA, and GABA improves sleep by… being GABA. Research shows that activation of GABA brain receptors seems to favor sleepy-time psychology.
- Melatonin. Odds are, if you got insomnia, you heard of it. A proven sleep neurotransmitter, melatonin promotes quicker, deeper sleep—and requires very small dosages, which gives the rest of this blend more dosage value.
Topping off ZMA, this blend will definitely have you falling asleep and building muscle.
Even though the usual Cellucor annoyances are still here (proprietary blend, trashy “Other Ingredients”), we ain’t even mad:
This formula damn-near TOPS the line of anabolic sleep-aids.
It’s simple—clocking in at 8 ingredients—and it’s concise—avoiding “fluff” additions, only using compounds that stick to the plan: Building muscle. Catching ZZZ’s.
Compared to one of the heavy-hitting T-boosters, the overall T-boosting here is a little mild, and, as a stand-alone T-booster, P6 PM doesn’t quite cut it.
That’s aight bro, cause we get the idea they want P6 PM to be stacked with a “foundation” T-Booster anyway. Which is a good strategy. More on that in a minute.
While ZMA does show-off a lot of T-boosting potential (especially for Zinc-deficient men, who are just about all of us), the formula’s premier T-booster, Tribulus Terrestris, doesn’t exactly qualify as a “T-booster”:
- According to research, the herb might indirectly help T precursors, which might theoretically increase T levels… Except not only were these effects identified in elderly T-deficient men, but they stopped there. Most research suggests Tribulus only helps regulate sex hormones, not boost them.
Yet, the concept of regulating sex hormones can be more valuable than you’d think, especially for a night-time T-booster hell-bent on maximizing muscle gains.
Realistically, P6 PM users aren’t expecting huge boosts in testosterone from this supplement. They’re probably taking a more potent T-booster during the day and relying on P6 PM at night for its PM muscle recovery benefits.
In this sense, P6 PM is a supplement for supplements.
While the financial aspect of this might make a lot of bros cringe, it’s a smart move considering the massive impact sleep has on muscle gains—plus the added night-time regulation of the day-time increase in T may help “keep things in order.”
Of course, that last point is speculation, but, overall, this formula shows a lot of promise.
P6 PM Benefits
The advantages of this formula are straight-forward and simple:
- Supports Free Testosterone
- Better Sleep for Enhanced Recovery
Capitalizing on perhaps one of the most overlooked categories of T-boosters, night-time muscle recovery, P6 PM targets the benefits of sleep and amplifies them for even greater athletic growth. Also, if you’re hoping for last minute exercise, Tribulus offers potent libido spikes.
What’s more, the sleep isn’t achieved through some drowsy-inducing gimmick, but by proven, relaxing, brain-healthy nootropics. So, like, P6 PM makes you SMART, too!!
…not really, but it’s fun to think so.
Who Takes It?
Sleepy BROs. Because guess what: BROs get tired. It’s an unavoidable, scientifical fact of life. Yet, even the sleepiest of men need help nodding off. An active day can lead to an active body. Come darkness, P6 PM is designed to shut that all off so all you’ll have to worry about until tomorrow is relaxing, recovering, and building.
Any Side Effects?
Nope. Obviously, don’t operate heavy machinery, fly a helicopter, or anything of that nature immediately after taking P6 PM, because this shit will have you shleepy.
Also, avoid that pre-sleep warm glass of milk: Calcium inhibits the effectiveness of Zinc.
P6 PM Summary
- ZMA. P6 PM supplies ZMA in its OG formulation.
- Anabolic/Nootropic. The blend’s 4 ingredients aid 1) Muscles, 2) Brains.
- Genuine Manufacturers. Cellucor has high ratings for a reason.
- Proprietary Blend. Common Cellucor sin.
- Mild T-Boosting. Tribulus is good for sleep… but not for T.
- Trashy Additives. Another common Cellucor sin.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $49.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on P6 PM
Every supplement series needs a night-time muscle recovery product. It’s arguably the most important aspect of athletic nutrition. For Cellucor, that’s P6 PM. What could have been a throw-away add-on to a supplement line turned out to be an awesome (albeit simple) T-booster. It’d be cool to see this expanded for more T-boosting, but we’ll still take it as it is.