Let’s cut through the confusion right now:
- P6 Black = standard P6 (review here)
- P6 Chrome = E-blocking P6 (review here)
- P6 PM = sleepytime P6 (review here)
Now, we’ve got P6 Xtreme, the self-described XTREMEST P6 of the bunch, which is sort of a dickhead thing to say around your family, right? But that’s exactly the personality of this extreme T-booster: It’s like the brother of a group of brothers who actually went out, became successful, and made a name for himself–despite being the biggest dickhead of the group.
But if this dickhead can boost T, then who are we, the consumers, the judge? We’d be willing to throw down a little green-green his way, depending on the cost… So how much is this dickhead charging?
About P6 Extreme
Cellucor has tacked on another adjective to their P6 brand and this time it’s not a color. It’s a way of life! P6 Xtreme is the heaviest P6 product in the series, in terms of design & price, and thus would naturally be assumed to contain the heaviest T-boosts (although, that might not be the case). Formula notes:
- 5-in-1 Blend: Although it’s a proprietary blend (meh), it’s stacked with a 5-in-1 design to cover all the angles on masculine health (including the brain).
- Premium Herbs: P6 Xtreme takes the all-natural, all-botanical route on T-boosting with a decent amount of high-quality branded extracts.
- Arm-&-Leg: As in that’s how much this T-booster will cost you. Dive down to the pricing section of this review, then decide if you want to continue with this purchase (or maybe that’s why you’re here).
P6 Xtreme Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|P6 Xtreme™ Blend||2600 mg|
|Adaptest™ Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract, Tribulus alatus fruit extract, Ovine Placenta powder, Agaricus bisporus fruit extract, Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) fruit extract, AlphaSize® A-GPC (Alpha-Glycerl Phosphoryl Choline), Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica) root extract, LJ100® Eurycoma longifolia root extract (40% Glyco Saponins, 22% Eurypeptides), Zembrin® (Sceletium tortuosum) aerial parts extract|
Capsule Shell (Gelatin, FD&C Red #3, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Red #1), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide
Contains: Milk, Soy.
Take one serving (4 capsules) daily before breakfast or before lunch. DO NOT EXCEED 4 CAPSULES PER DAY. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.
P6 Xtreme layers its Xtremeness deep with its heavy 5-in-1 blend.
But how extreme are we talking?
That’s pretty damn extreme.
But let’s take apart the blend to see exactly how much extremeness we’re talking here:
The Testosterone Boosters
The meat of this sandwich, the Testosterone Boosters. Although there are more in the blend, P6 Extreme only distinguishes three of its ingredients as “T-boosters”—including:
- Ashwagandha. Supplied in premium branded form (Adaptest™), this potent Ashwagandha leads the blend with its benefits on T, sperm, strength, & libido.
- Tribulus Alatus. Close relative to the more popular Tribulus Terrestris, which is not a T-booster, but a worthy man-focused sex-enhancer.
- Ovine Placenta. Sheep placenta… (*shivers*) Believed to enhance pregnancy-related sex hormones and supply growth hormone factors.
So the T-boosters are 3-for-1 on actually boosting T. But, overall, not a bad trio of anabolic ingredients, if not a little grody there towards the end.
The Focus and Mood Support
P6 Xtreme claims that its nootropic additions give it an edge over the BEST for TEST by enhancing “focus and mood”—benefits uncommon to testosterone boosters (even though increased T supports cognition as well).
The two nootropics used here:
- A-GPC (Alphasize®). Popular (branded) choline form clinically studied for its effects on cognition & memory. Claimed to support mind-muscle connection, but this has yet to be verified by research.
- Zembrin®. Research suggests it positively affects mood & cognition, decreasing overall feelings of stress & anxiety. May help mental aspects of performance.
Clinically supported focus & mood ingredients (non-caffeinated).
We like it.
The Estrogen Regulator
Just one estrogen regulator here and it’s a good one: Agaricus Bisporus.
Otherwise known as white button mushroom (the kind you throw on pizza), certain extracts of Agaricus have been shown to inhibit aromatase—the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into estrogen.
This is a far better (safer) choice than compounds such as Diindolylmethane, which inexplicably has been the chosen E-blocker for many formulas.
The DHT Inhibitor & Prostate Support
The concepts of DHT inhibition & prostate support make sense to clump together, because excess DHT levels may have a negative effect on prostate health. However, we’re not sure how much of an issue DHT levels are among most men, especially since DHT is a manlier sex hormone than testosterone.
All the same, the ingredients here aren’t bad, especially for mature male health: Saw Palmetto supplies safe, modest DHT inhibition (for increased “free” T) and Stinging Nettle may help increase “free” T while offering great prostate support for the 30+ year old.
The Sexual Health & Energy Support
For libido, P6 Xtreme makes a smart choice with Tongkat Ali, a potent sex-enhancer and significant T-booster—one study showing average T increases of 37%.
Tongkat Ali easily could have (and should have) qualified in Cellucor’s T-boosting category of ingredients in P6 Xtreme’s info ad, but the herb’s reputation as a male libido booster definitely earns its own category in this formula.
According to Cellucor, there are 3 categories of testosterone support supplements:
- Basic Testosterone Boosters. Foundational, one-to-two ingredient boosters.
- Testosterone Boosters and Estrogen Regulation. Supplies estrogen regulators in addition to T-boosters for increased T potential.
- Testosterone Boosters, Estrogen Regulation, Plus DHT/Prostate Support. Stacks the first two categories, then adds DHT inhibiting and/or prostate supporting ingredients.
The BIGGEST, BADDEST boosters typically land within the category 2 or 3 range, yet P6 Xtreme claims to be even BIGGESTER & BADDESTER by encompassing the 3rd category with additional nootropic “Focus & Mood” support.
And strictly in terms of design, they’re right: Stacking up T-boosters, estrogen blockers, DHT regulators, AND nootropics is impressive & (dare we say it) EXTREME… But this design is only as valuable & powerful as the ingredients it chooses.
P6 Xtreme chooses effective, smart ingredients… but lacks the ball-droppers we’re looking for in a self-described “Xtreme” formula.
If you take a look at our BIG LIST of T-Boosters, you’ll notice that there none of the BIG dawgs are in this formula (not even the easy toss-ins—Zinc & Vitamin D). The best T-boosters here are Ashwagandha & Tongkat Ali, which are good T-boosters, but not as extreme as, say, D-Aspartic Acid or Mucuna Pruriens.
Yet, if we look at P6 Xtreme as a male-enhancer more than a simple T-booster, then, by George, P6 Xtreme is extreme: We just can’t deny how impressively successful this experimental 5-in-1 formula is. It even goes with the superior Tribulus Alatus over the more commonplace Tribulus Terrestris herb. These small details, in addition to the number of premium brands in P6 Xtreme’s adequately dosed proprietary blend create layers of sports nutritional male health goodness.
Plus, the nootropics will make you smarter than all your meathead friends.
P6 Xtreme Benefits
Offering “THE ULTIMATE TESTOSTERONE AND COGNITIVE EXPERIENCE”, P6 Xtreme claims to benefit male health by promoting:
- Lean Muscle
- Sexual Health
- Estrogen Regulation
In other words, it supports all of the physical attributes of an Alpha Male (minus the cleft chin). It’s not the densest formula we’ve seen, but it’s varied enough to cover large territory on male health. Even the more questionable ingredients (e.g. Ovine Placenta) are backed by decent enough research to justify their uses & benefits in this formula.
Who Takes It?
Big Men Who Yell at Things. At least, that’s what Cellucor’s webpage suggests. In all seriousness, P6 Xtreme is designed for your BIG man bodybuilder type looking to increase muscle gains more so than actual clinical increases in T levels.
Any Side Effects?
Little to none. Although, it’s somewhat difficult to compile the reports of P6 Xtreme’s side effects due to the products reformulations. As far as we’ve seen, the risk of side effect with the current formulation is low.
However, because we’re dealing with a wide variety of ingredients that interact with a variety of sex hormones (T, estrogen, DHT…), we’re recommend erring on the cautious side with this T-booster. Just stick to the directions and you should be fine.
P6 Xtreme Summary
- 5-in-1 Design. P6 Xtreme gambles on an experimental formula and wins.
- Quality Ingredients. Premium, branded herbs are the best, ya hear.
- Heavy Dosage. 9 ingredients, 2600 mg. Shit ya, baby.
- Mild T-Boosts. These T-boosters are for athletes. Not mature gentlemen.
- Prop Blend. ‘The hell are the dosages of these ingredients??
- Messy Additives. Way too many FD&C colors & unnecessary additives.
- Expensive as F@#K! This T-booster is expensive as fork!
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $169.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on P6 Xtreme
So is “Xtreme” is a misnomer here? Is it ever not (barring the exception of Doritos Extreme)? No, P6 Xtreme earns the “Xtreme” by its extreme layers. This is an undoubtedly well-designed formula with a lot of spinning cogs that help sustain male health in various ways. As a T-booster, it’s surprisingly mild, but what it accomplishes outside of T-boosting is where it shines the most. We can’t say the $169 price tag is justified, so we’d recommend perusing the retailers for a cheaper buy.