If you’re in bed reading this on your smart-phone, our one question for you:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!
Don’t you know that your smart-phone emits blue light which runs in the 460 nanometer range on the spectrum of light which sends signals to your suprachiasmatic nucleus which is responsible for producing melatonin?
In other words, staring at your smart-phone keeps you neurochemically awake, making it harder for your body to fall asleep and begin the most important stage of muscle recovery.
Luckily, Nugenix PM has your back (biceps, tris, pecs, quads, hamstrings, glutes, and suprachiasmatic nucleus) covered, providing not only an extra supply of melatonin, but a heavy dose of straight-up anabolic goodness.
About Nugenix PM
Marketed as a “Nighttime Free Testosterone Booster,” Nugenix PM mixes 5 smartly-formulated ingredients into a short & simple T-boosting stack. Rubbing shoulders with other high-quality Nugenix products, Nugenix PM looks to fill in the gaps on an already impressive line of T-boosters. Formula notes:
- ZMA: The formula is anchored on a heavy 2400 mg dose of ZMA, an absolutely necessary component of any athlete’s supplementary diet.
- Anabolic Sleepy-time: Tribulus + Melatonin + ZMA combine for deeper, muscle-rejuvenating sleep, putting that elevated “free” testosterone to work.
- Clean, Transparent Label: Despite an old history of shitty products and a (still) shitty website, Nugenix takes the high-road with its current T-boosters.
Nugenix PM Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 4 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||450 mg (113% DV)|
|Vitamin B5 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||10.5 mg (525% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Mono-L-Methionine Sulfate and Zinc Aspartate)||30 mg (200% DV)|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Fruit)(Standardized to 40% Saponins)||750 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate|
|Directions: Adults, take 4 capsules 30-45 minutes prior to bedtime. For best results, avoid taking with dairy or other calcium containing supplements|
Nugenix PM supplies a good, but limited, mix of nutrients for overnight muscle recovery + test support.
The formula looks simple by design, avoiding a lot of unnecessary BS—beginning with the constituents of its ZMA:
- Magnesium. Citrate is the preferred form of this important T-boosting mineral.
- Vitamin B6. The common, cheaper form of B6 (P-5-P is better), but still a notable mood-elevating, T-boosting vitamin.
- Zinc. Hell ya, Zinc! We missed your T-boosting ass in the Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone formula—the forms used here are the research-backed L-Optizinc® (zinc mono-L-methionine) and the meh zinc aspartate.
ZMA®, 2400 mg
Now that we have Zinc, Magnesium, & B6 out of the way… Let’s talk about Zinc, Magnesium, & B6!
While this synergistic trio has become a staple of many athletic, male-enhancing formulas, Nugenix PM resorts to the OG combo—the branded ZMA matrix developed by BALCO Labs.
Aside from the effects we’ve already discussed, the particular benefits of ZMA are:
- Deeper REM sleep
- Increased muscle recovery
- Enhanced strength & size
- Leaner muscle gains
If matching T-boosts with better sleep is Nugenix PM’s aim, then ZMA is the right bet—especially at this heavy 2,400 mg dosage.
Tribulus Terrestris, 750 mg
Initially, Tribulus Terrestris seems like an odd choice: The herb doesn’t boost T so much as it regulates testosterone, and it’s more traditionally used as a sex-enhancer. However, Tribulus also shows signs of promoting deeper REM sleep, especially when used in conjunction with Ashwagandha (which we’re not seeing here, but we won’t nit-pick on this point).
Considering that Nugenix is targeting anabolic T-boosts, Tribulus also makes sense for its potential anabolic effects on muscle & strength gains. If taken during night-time, Tribulus could help with the restorative process of sleeping.
Ultimately, whether you’re looking to get it on or go to sleep, Tribulus seems like a smart bedtime choice.
Melatonin, 2 mg
Odds are, if you frequently have troubles sleeping, you’re already supplementing Melatonin.
Naturally found in the body, Melatonin helps regulate your internal clock, triggering your “shit-it’s-time-for-bed” sensors when the sun goes down. People might supplement synthetic melatonin for a number of reasons, but its most popular use is for sleeping.
Its placement here should be obvious.
Most muscle & strength gains occur overnight, so it’s nice to find a T-booster that addresses this crucial stage of the recovery process. More importantly: It’s nice to find a T-booster that addresses this stage correctly:
- Nugenix PM mixes the legendary, tried-and-true ZMA brand with a manly anabolic (standardized) herb & sleep-delivering Melatonin to create a smart, condensed, manly, night-time, T-boosting formula. Not only does this combo promise healthy T & sleep, but it promotes a healthy muscle-building metabolism when it matters most.
Compared to the standard Nugenix Ultimate Testosterone—which ranks at #2 on our 2016 ed. Best5 Testosterone Supplements list—this “night-time” formula sees a remarkable decrease in number of ingredients and price. Additionally, whereas Nugenix UT carries 3 of our Best5 T-boosters, Nugenix PM only has one: Zinc.
Does this make Nugenix PM an inferior T-booster to Nugenix UT? Not quite.
The cool thing about Nugenix PM, none of its ingredients overlap with Nugenix UT’s formula—indicating that Nugenix PM is its own standalone T-booster on the Nugenix roster.
- With that in mind, we think Nugenix PM could (and probably should) be stacked with Nugenix UT for peak T-boosting, muscle-building benefits.
An inferior manufacturer would simply recycle their standard formula and toss in a couple gimmicky sleep aids to achieve the “PM” tagline. Nugenix creates an entirely new formula that works on its own, and can be stacked with its other test formula without creating redundancies.
Nugenix PM Benefits
Yes, Nugenix PM will increase your testosterone, if you’re deficient in either zinc or magnesium… Guess what, you probably are. The exact benefits claimed by the manufacturers are:
- Supports healthy anabolic hormone levels
- Boosts free testosterone levels
- Promotes deeper & sounder sleep
As we mentioned, to achieve peak testosterone benefits, you’ll need to stack Nugenix PM with Nugenix UT. The idea might annoy you, but, frankly, the benefits of boosting T and achieving deeper sleep extend far beyond the 3 benefits claimed here.
Throw in the sex-enhancing effects of Tribulus and you have yourself some healthy, happy male biology.
Who Takes It?
Insomniac exercisers. Mature (35+) athletes, particularly bodybuilders, generally benefit from the Nugenix line of T-boosters. Younger athletes (18+) could benefit from Nugenix PM’s sleep/recovery enhancing effects—granted, they’d be just as fine taking straight ZMA.
Having said that, looking at the Nugenix website, you wouldn’t know exactly who Nugenix PM is targeting, because it doesn’t even have Nugenix PM listed. As we mentioned in our previous Nugenix review, their website is shitty and frustratingly obscure.
We like them, but, dammit… We’re tired of doing their job for them.
Any Side Effects?
Nope. The standardized Tribulus ensures healthy tolerance—as long as you’re taking the supplement as directed. Also, avoid that warm bedtime glass of milk as calcium inhibits zinc absorption.
It goes without saying, this is a night-time formula, so it wouldn’t do to supplement Nugenix PM during the day if you’re hoping to have a productive workday. And definitely do not take Nugenix PM before jumping in the squat rack.
Nugenix PM Summary
- ZMA. Nugenix smartly chooses this proven, athletic Zinc-Magnesium-B6 trio.
- Standardized. Tribulus is the only herb, but it’s at a damn good standard.
- Focused Formula. Every ingredient serves a purpose in this anabolic, night-time aid.
- Transparent. Absolutely zero propriety blend BS.
- Clean label. Only two “Other Ingredients.”
- Incomplete. Should be stacked with Nugenix UT for maximum T-boosts.
- Relatively expensive. Which means more money.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $39.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Nugenix PM
If “Nighttime Free Testosterone Boosting” is a BULL, Nugenix PM hits it right in the EYE. Admittedly, on its own, it doesn’t completely solve low-T issues—but it’s an important night-time aid that gives T-boosting much more muscle-building purpose. We give it our full recommendation. Now, get off your damn phone and get some sleep.