Not since the AMFs we had this morning has a blue substance jacked us up like this.
But (and we can’t believe we’re saying this), the “jacking up” from the AMFs at least made relative sense than what’s going on with this… T-booster.
Because Blue Up definitely jacks you up—it jacks your T up, jacks your energy up, jacks your sex up… We’re just not sure which one we’re feeling right now, BRO.
But we like it.
About Blue Up
Manufactured by Controlled Labs, Blue Up is a “Natural Testosterone Booster” quoted by the manufacturers as “the most potent natural testosterone booster available.” Believe it or not, this may very well be true, but remember: “Most potent” doesn’t always equal “Most T.” Formula notes:
- T-Boosts w/ a Buzz: You read that right. This is a T-booster with a “buzz”—and it’s a “buzz” we’re sure you’re familiar with: Caffeine.
- High Potency: Blue Up doesn’t lay out for that many T-boosters, but of the 3 that it has, all of them are presented in their most potent extracts.
- Blue Up Options: The one we’re reviewing is the OG Blue UP, which has both blends. But keep in mind there’s another, less buzzy Blue Up.
Blue Up Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Blue Up Complex™||1,100 mg|
|Tribulus Terrestris (Extract For 80% Steroidal Saponins And 30% Protodioscin), Avena Sativa (Extracted For 15% Avenacosides A & B), Eurycoma Longifolia (LongJack Extracted For 28% Bioactive Glyco Peptides, 40% Glyco Saponins And 30% Polysaccharides)|
|Blue Stim Complex™||255 mg|
|Natural Caffeine, Pausinystalia Yohimbe Bark Extract (6.5 mg Yohimbine)|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1|
|Directions For Blue Up: Take 2 capsules 30-45 minutes prior to your workout. If you weigh in excess of 225 pounds increase your dosage to 3 capsules.|
Blue Up from your shoes up, bro. This T is HOT!
Blue Up is three parts testosterone, two parts stimulation. Why? Because why NOT??
In terms of T-boosting, that technically makes two/thirds of this formula useless. Stimulants make sense in fat-burner stacks, but in anything else (T-booster especially), they’re more gimmicks than “health” products.
But whatever: They’re on the damn label, so it’s not like you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into… Never Blue yourself by surprise, BRO:
Blue Up Complex, 1100 mg
Here’s the “T-boosting” blend of Blue Up—assuming that Blue Up boosts T. For instance, are any of our top T-boosters here? No.
But the choices they made make sense:
- Tribulus Terrestris. This seems to be popping up everywhere. We don’t qualify it as a T-booster, because science doesn’t seem to qualify it as a T-booster. Yet, it’s great for men’s health and seems to indirectly support male hormones. Also, it’s a strong sex-enhancer.
- Avena Sativa. We value this more for its nootropic effects on focus, but the avenacosides extracted from Oatstraw seem to release T from SHBG—ultimately, increasing active T levels in the bloodstream. Also, it’s a strong sex-enhancer.
- LongJack. Also known as “Stick of Man” (hm), LongJack has many T-boosting actions: Increases T precursor DHEA, inhibits aromatase, stimulates LH release, decreases cortisol… Seems to elevate both total T and free “active” T… Also, it’s a strong sex-enhancer.
Blue Up doesn’t sell itself as a mature (30+) man enhancer, so we never expected big DAA-style boosts here. Instead, what we find are modest T boosts with major SEX enhancements.
Turns out blue is the warmest color… er, wait…
Blue Stim Complex, 255 mg
Does a T-booster absolutely need a Stim Complex? Not at all.
These two ingredients (Caffeine + Yohimbine) do nothing for male hormones, and consequently do nothing for male health… But, shit, they’re Caffeine + Yohimbine, and who doesn’t enjoy a little pep in their step?
If anything the added stimulation works as great “feel-good” motivation while the last blend is fixing up your manhood. Yohimbine works additionally as a thermogenic fat burner, which aids the lean muscle look potentially provided by this formula.
Simple, short formulas such as Blue Up are less of a gamble in terms of side effects, bad ingredient interactions, tolerability, and all that, but depend entirely on the quality and purpose of their few chosen ingredients.
Therefore, the two questions we need to address with Blue Up:
- How are the ingredient qualities?
- What are their purpose?
To answer the first question: They’re awesome.
You can’t necessarily accuse Controlled Labs of laziness for making such a simple formula, because they clearly put a lot of effort into these herb extracts—which are all in their most potent forms.
Plus, the blends are on the higher end of dosaging, so you can damn near expect “Critical Mass Dosages” for Blue Up’s botanicals.
But do these ingredients each have a purpose in this formula?
Sure. The three herbs either A) Increase “Free” T, or B) Support T levels. All of them enhance sex. And the second blend ingredients are easy: They provide caffeinated stimulation.
Combined, the blends serve the overarching purpose of “Test Boosting with a Buzz” (quoted from Blue Up’s website), which isn’t really the healthiest way to approach energetic T-boosts…
Blue Up Benefits
So, will Blue Up blow you up?
The 3 T-boosters here are looking potent and strong, so it’d be safe to add Muscle Gains on your agenda when taking this supplement. And despite not really working as a bona fide T-booster, Tribulus’ hormonal regulatory effects do create a solid anabolic muscle metabolism—combine that with LongJack’s cortisol reduction and Yohimbine’s thermogenic fat burns and Blue Up’s sure to have you looking purdy damn Alpha.
Speaking of “Alpha,” Avena Sativa’s known for promoting Alpha brainwaves (i.e. “creative thinking”), which may help direct the caffeinated “jitter” into a more productive psychological outlet.
But let’s face it: Most of the “blueing” up that’ll be happening from this substance will be in your pants. There’s a looooooot of sex in those blue pills.
Who Takes It?
Tired BROs. Low T promotes low energy. Sure. But perhaps some of us can’t wait for naturally boosted T to take effect. Some BROs want energy NOW. Blue Up gives energy NOW while working on the “T-driven” energy for later.
Any Side Effects?
Not quite. Nothing beyond the usual side effects of too much caffeine—which, let’s face it, you’re probably getting enough as is.
On that note, if Blue Up is your primary source of stimulation, then you should be fine. If you have no previous history of cardio issues, then you should be fine. Otherwise, be sure to take note of your stimulant intake outside of Blue Up.
Blue Up Summary
- High Potency. Not the best T-boosters, but they’re in their best forms.
- High Dosage. Even though prop blends SUCK, these are looking solid.
- Stim Option. You don’t have to have the caffeine thanks to the Stim-Free version.
- Side of Alpha. Avena Sativa’s alpha brainwave boosts complement the caffeine.
- Prop Blends. Overall dosage is solid… but why hide ALL dosages??
- Lightweight T-Boosts. Blue Up even misses the easy T-boosting vitamins & minerals.
- FD&C Blue. We get it… but we don’t need it.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $44.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Blue Up
Blue Up could eeeaaasily have been given a negative review as it’s just a stone’s throw away being a caffeinated “fairy dust” gimmick. While it’s nowhere near the BEST for TEST, it puts in a solid A+ effort for what it is: Test Booster with a Buzz. In actuality, if a caffeinated T-booster is what you’re going for, BRO, then we hope this is the one you decide on.