More than a fatigue-reducer, did you know sleeping can also help recover our precious T? I shit you not, bro.
Athletic Edge thinks it’s a good idea to take advantage of this nightly “T-Surge” by giving us APE DarkNight.
Will this Batman-like T-booster actually give us more T while we get some Z’s? Let’s find out!
About APE DarkNight
APE DarkNight aims to boost our T by the time we wake up. We like the approach but we also think it’s also likely to give us Sequoia Tree-like morning wood and force us into weird pissing positions. Formula notes:
- Standardized goodness: Premium & standardized quality forms of many ingredients, for some off-the-charts potency.
- Fat burner hybrid: A T-booster that makes you burn fat while you sleep? Whoa…
- Clear label: No prop blends here, bro! We gotta give mad props to the APE for no prop-nonsense.
APE DarkNight Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Capsules|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)||1,000 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||5 mg|
|Folate (as Folic Acid)||100 mcg|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate)||90 mg|
|Zinc (as Zinc Aspartate)||6 mg|
|Nighttime, Weight Loss & Testosterone Boost Matrix|
|Fenugreek (Trigonella Foenum-Graecum) Seed Extract (50% Saponins)||500 mg|
|Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Leaf Extract (98% Polyphenols, 45% EGCG)||250 mg|
|Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract (75% Gymnemic Acid)||250 mg|
|Green Coffee (Coffea Robusta) Bean Extract (50% Chlorogenic Acids)||200 mg|
|LONG JACK (EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA) ROOT EXTRACT – (28% GLYCOSAPONINS, 20% POLYSACCHARIDES (EURYGOLD))||100 mg|
|Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, take one serving (three capsules) 20-30 minutes prior to bedtime. Take for 12 weeks, followed by a 4 week break before restarting a 12-week cycle.|
A Fat-Burner/T-Booster/Sleep-Aid Hybrid?
The APE series has a way of hybridizing their T-boosters. The first APE we reviewed featured a PWO hybrid and APE DarkNight seems to continue this trend by building Fat-Burner-T-Booster stack.
Furthermore, this crazy APE is designed for sleepytime. It’s not the only T-booster that uses a nighttime strategy (Nugenix PM is another good example), but we think it’s a clever idea. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Vitamins & Minerals
First and foremost, let’s check out the basics. APE Darknight supplies a good complement of T-boosting vitamins and minerals, especially their Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Magnesium & Zinc. These are all smart choices, but the forms and dosages could ALL be better. For example, we’d prefer to see that Zinc in the Citrate form, and P-5-P B6 is flat out better than the commodity form you see here.
- Check our top-ranked T-booster to see these basic testosterone-related vitamins & minerals in superior forms at hefty dosages.
Nighttime, Weight Loss & Testosterone Boost Matrix
Now we get to the good shit: This is the matrix that drives APE Darknight to success:
- Fenugreek: It’s standardized to 50% saponins and proven to be a potent sex enhancer but a mild T-booster.
- Green Tea Extract. Our #1 Fat burner is standardized for potent fat-shredding activity. But does it have caffeine in it? If so, don’t make sense for a sleep aid, bro.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: This is an herb we don’t always see but has been shown to help with blood sugar and might even help your sweet tooth. It’s also standardized to potency which means it might just help control those “pesky nighttime food cravings” as APE states.
- Green Coffee Bean. Another member of our best fat burners make it here. Green Coffee Bean is known to mostly ignite your fat metabolism while helping you maintain blood sugar balance. Standardized form here for potency, with good dosage too.
- Diindolylmethane. DIM is mostly used for estrogen health specifically regulating excessive estrogen hormones in the body. It’s not our favorite T-booster.
- Long Jack. Another boner-enhancer capable of raising free testosterone. One study even cites its ability to raise testosterone by as much as 37%! The quality is there but the dosage is a little lighter than what we see in other T-Boosters, but it’s standardized for greater potency, which helps to compensate.
- Melatonin. Melatonin is known to induce sleepiness and while 2 mg looks weak, it’s actually pretty standard dosage.
The thing we like about APE DarkNight is its potential in boosting T, and making us burn fat while we sleep, and helping with the sleep itself! How awesome is that? We like the concept and we really dig the ingredients they picked (save for DIM, meh) and it even has Melatonin… but what is APE DarkNight really?
Just look at it and ask yourself “Is this a T-booster with fat burning on the side or a fat burner that might raise T?”
It has the right ingredients for fat burning and weight control, with some decent dosages, too. But as great a fat burner APE DarkNight appears to be, we’re not quite as confident in its T-Boosting capabilities. Really, as a testosterone booster we see this formula as Fenugreek + Longjack + a poor man’s ZMA combo. Now, this is OK, but it’s not a balls-out testosterone formula.
The “sleep” component of the formula is really just the melatonin, and that’s not very exciting. We think you need some stronger sleep support here, since APE Darknight is giving you fat-burners at bedtime which have a tendency to ramp us up.
Overall, the idea behind APE Darknight is pretty great, and the ingredient forms they use are top-nothch…. but the execution could be a little better. It’s trying to be several types of supplements at once, which usually runs the risk of watering down the benefits of each one.
APE DarkNight Benefits
It’s a decent fat burner, might help with appetite, and could tweak your T levels upwards a bit but don’t expect anything outside of a “normal” boost. We’re not even sure you’ll feel the T boost but it should show up on a serum T test. And, uh, you’ll wake up with a really hard boner if that’s your thing. As a sex enhancer, APE has got some potency. As a sleep aid, meh, not so much. Melatonin is good for sleep, but we’re just not sure if it’s good enough to overcome the stimulatory effects of green tea extract, which does not appear to be decaffeinated in this formula.
Who Takes It?
Bros who like the idea of gaining while they sleep but it’s not for lazy boys. True, it can burn fat and raise T a bit without you moving a muscle but you still have to exert mad effort during the day if you want this to work. Sorry, couch potatoes.
Any Side Effects?
If you don’t like the idea of waking up or sleeping with tree-stump boners, then you will probably hate this product. On top of boner problems, a study notes a possible decrease in DHT when you take 500 mg of fenugreek extract. DHT is like testosterone’s really, really big bro so if you boost T but decrease DHT then you’re doing it wrong. Also, a shoutout to DIM’s side effects which include a decrease in sperm quality and lower T.
APE DarkNight Summary
- All dosages shown. No prop blends allowed.
- Quality ingredients. Some ingredients in standardized, potent form.
- Banned Substance Free. Certified clean and free of doping agents.
- Fiery fat burning. Smart fat-burner choices in premium forms.
- Sleep support. Good dosage of melatonin for a good sleep.
- Weak vitamin & mineral forms. Upgrades here would be nice.
- Weak on T. We expect more focus on testosterone in this formula.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $36.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on APE DarkNight
APE DarkNight is a fat-burner-T-booster hybrid and doesn’t hold back on using quality ingredients like its predecessor. We like the concept and how it capitalizes on our body’s natural recovery process but the execution could be better. To put it simply, APE DarkNight is a T-Booster that became more of a fat burner after its scientists were done tinkering with the formula. It’s not a bad product overall and we can still recommend this for a one-time trial or two.