Remember the man in the sailboat?
The man with the silver streaked hair, the strong jaw-line—remember his look of relaxed, yet determined confidence as he set out to fix the line on his sail? Despite old age, he was sturdy and strong. A matured man “in the age of knowing what needs to be done.”
No, you never knew him personally, and, No, you didn’t read about him in a Hemingway novel.
He’s the Male Enhancement Product Man.
He’s in a sailboat on the symbolic sea of senescence, or a ranch truck on the metaphorical fields of old age. In all of his forms, the man is used in commercials to convince mature men to “Man up and buy our male enhancing supplement like this man.”
And on Amidren’s packaging he’s the man on the peak of his manhood, staring into the mysterious beyond, past the open canyons onto the allegorical cliffs of What-the-fuck-happened??
We’ll tell you what happened, guy. It’s called Andropause, and Amidren is supposed to help with that. Let’s check it out.
Manufactured by Sera-Pharma Labs, Amidren is a T-booster designed specifically for mature, older men. Since 2010, Amidren has maintained a “top-seller” status for its impressive mix of ingredients… But the question remains: Does this mix work? Formula notes:
- Targets Andropause: Like menopause but for men. Nice to see a T-booster directed towards many who need it: Middle-Aged+ Men.
- High-Potent Extracts: Formula chooses high-quality, high-potent herbs that boost T from multiple angles (direct & indirect).
- Low Dosage Prop Blend: Yet, the formula derails with a questionably low dose of its 14-ingredient propriety blend.
Amidren Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide)||11 mg (3% DV)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Aspartate)||19 mg (127% DV)|
|Copper (as Copper Gluconate)||1.5 mg (75% DV)|
|Amidren Hormonal Support Complex||1354 mg|
|Chrysin, Zinc (as Zinc Aspartate), Beta sitosterol, DIM (diindolylmethane), Fenugreek 4:1 extract (seed), Red clover extract (40% isoflavones), Kudzu root (Pueraria lobata)(40% isoflavones), Saw Palmetto berry extract (90% total sterols & free fatty acids), Tribulus terrestris (standardized to 45% furastanol saponins)(stem and dried fruit), Longjack 20:1 extract (root)(Eurycoma longifolia Jack), Avena Sativa 10:1 extract (aerial parts), Pygeum Africanum Extract (25% total sterol)(bark), Stinging Nettle Leaf 4:1 Extract, BioPerine® (black pepper extract)|
Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, White film coat (hypromellose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol and titanium dioxide)
Amidren sports a long T-boosting roster at a light (~1365 mg) total dosage — and tries to help prostate & urinary health, too.
Beta sitosterol, isoflavones, furastanol saponins… Lots of science happening here. Let’s see what it’s all about:
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide): The lesser form of a proven T-booster, at a low 11 mg dosage.
- Zinc (as Zinc Aspartate). We prefer Citrate form, but Zinc still ranks #2 among our Best5 T-Boosters.
- Copper (as Copper Gluconate). Despite being very rare, copper deficiency may occur from ingesting too much Zinc.
We’re happy to see Zinc + Magnesium here, yet we’re missing the Vitamin B6 that would complete the ZMA dream team.
Copper displays a certain thoughtfulness, we respect that… but it’s not entirely necessary—especially in a tablet stocked full with 16+ other ingredients.
Amidren Hormonal Support Complex, 1354 mg
- The ingredients we like: Fenugreek, LongJack, Stinging Nettle, Tribulus Terrestris, Pygeum Africanum, Saw Palmetto. Will support a range including test-boost, sex drive, male performance… along with more long-term stuff like prostate and urinary health.
- Chrysin, the first (and thus highest dosed) ingredient, is popular among bodybuilders… but human research hasn’t yet validated Chrysin as a true T-booster (best research involves injecting it directly into the testes). Interesting choice for a first ingredient.
That dosing, though: We already know Zinc’s dosage (19 mg), which is fine for Zinc. But Zinc is the second ingredient listed in this 1354 mg….which means that every ingredient following Chrysin & Zinc is either 19 mg or less.
Perhaps this is a labeling mistake, seeing as the actual Supp Facts had a number of typo errors—however, that in itself is a bit of a red flag.
Our hunch: Amidren Hormonal Support Complex might be mostly Chrysin “fairy dusted” with a light sprinkle of premium herbals.
Even if it were fairy dusted, Amidren’s use of high-potency extracts would help to compensate. They also that boost T from multiple angles (direct & indirect). Makes it look like a smart formulation…
But we still think 14 ingredients is overkill, resulting in many ineffective dosages within the complex.
- There’s a reason why our #1-ranked T-Booster for mature men is maxed out at 12 ingredients and shows the dosage for each one.
Before diving into the formula, we felt this top-selling T-booster was the real deal. On top of a high “numbers sold,” it has a few working parts of an effective T-booster:
- 2 core T-healthy minerals. We’re always happy to see Zinc & Magnesium in a male-driven formula.
- High-potency herbal extracts. Fenugreek, LongJack, Stinging Nettle, etc. aren’t the best T-boosters, but are great for male health.
- Beta sitosterol. Revealing a particular emphasis on older male health, giving Amphidren a certain “anti-aging” appeal.
Unfortunately, the formula places a big bet on Chrysin, a bioflavanoid that needs to be injected directly into the testicles to have any T-boosting effects.
And with 19 mg of Zinc as the second (SECOND) priority listing in this 14-(FOURTEEN)-ingredient blend, we have doubts about these herbs hitting Critical Mass Dosages.
Of course, sharing the dosages would answer all questions. But Amidren does not.
Boasting the “first complete male hormone modulating formula” (it’s not), Amidren addresses Andropause by promising to:
- Increase Testosterone Production
- Maintain Lean Muscle Mass and Decrease Body Fat
- Heighten Energy Levels, Sex Drive and Physical Performance
Again, Amidren has the right ingredients, but the wrong recipe.
Given that most men have some degree of Zinc deficiency, Amidren’s Zinc is sure to accomplish some mild T-boosting (and therefore, the subsequent benefits of lean muscle mass, decreased body fat, increased energy & libido).
The mixture of herbs looks especially promising for combating Andropause—we’d like to see Sera-Pharma, or another manufacturer, take this formula and put in a little more effort in the dosage department.
Despite the promises: Amidren = Missed Opportunity.
Who Takes It?
Middle-aged+ Men with Low T, as embodied by the Male Enhancement Product Man.
Contrary to the EXTREME marketing of the T-booster majority, Amidren takes a more serious, scientific approach by directly acknowledging Andropause (a middle-aged male condition) on its packaging: “The once daily tablet formulated to help combat Andropause.” While the bodybuilding young’uns could still benefit from the Zinc content, the blend’s design seems suitable for a more mature audience.
Any Side Effects?
Chrysin is a hard one to figure, because there’s not that much research to know if there’s side effects or not. Amidren’s use of premium & high-potency extracts looks good for safety & tolerability.
- Zinc. Always happy to see this manly mineral.
- High-Potency Herbs. Gives us hope that there’s T-boosting effects.
- T is sitting in the back seat. Formula driven by overall manly health
- Low Dosages. Needs more Magnesium and almost everything else..
- Many User Complaints. People like to bitch on the Internet… What’s new?
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $59.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Amidren
It’s hard for us to reject so many good ingredients… With so many high-quality herb extracts, Amidren should be a T-booster that works. But we just can’t say if it does or not, because they don’t show dosages. We give Amidren an A for ingredient choices… but until they show their dosages, Amidren’s grade is INCOMPLETE.