Tossing and turning at night on a consistent basis?
It won’t help you achieve your muscle recovery and fitness goals for sure. Remember, sleep is a vital fitness pillar.
Without it, you can kiss your muscle-building aspirations goodbye.
Good thing there are products such as ProSupps Crash which can help you.
It doesn’t have the reputation of a product such as BPI SPORTS NITE BURN.
However, we’re intrigued, to say the least.
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About ProSupps Crash
ProSupps Crash is the “Restful Sleep & Recovery” formula, per its official website. Formula notes:
- Good ingredients. L-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, valerian root extract, ashwagandha root extract, passion flower fruit extract.
- Added doses of Vitamin B6 and zinc sulfate. For better sleep quality.
- Somewhat expensive. $42.99 for a 30-serving container.
ProSupps Crash Supplement Facts (Blue Razz, 30 Servings)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (3.6 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrates||2 g||<1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-phosphate)||.06 mg||30%|
|Magnesium (as Trimagnesium Dicitrate)||7 mg||2%|
|Zinc Sulfate (as Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate)||24 mg||160%|
|Phenibut HCL||300 mg||**|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate||100 mg||**|
|Valerian Root Extract||50 mg||**|
|Ashwaganda Root Extract||50 mg||**|
|Passion Flower Fruit Extract||30 mg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Soluble Corn Fiber, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Calcium Silicate, Soy Lecithin, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, FD&C Blue Lake #1, FD&C Blue #1.|
|Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1 or 2 scoops 30 minutes prior to bedtime. Do not exceed 3 scoops. Most users get desired effects from 1 scoop.|
Restful Sleep & Recovery
We hope you’ve seen some of our sleep product reviews, folks.
Many people overlook this important fitness pillar. Even if you work out regularly, eat right, and supplement smart, you won’t get impressive results if you don’t get ample sleep.
Are you aware your body releases human growth hormone (HGH) during sleep?
Researchers already knew this as early as 1968.
That year, three of them published a study in The Journal of Clinical Investigation (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) which says, “a plasma GH (growth hormone) peak (13-72 mµg/ml) lasting 1.5-3.5 hr appeared with onset of deep sleep” in seven test subjects.
So, if you’ve been taking your sleep for granted, better think twice.
With the plethora of bodybuilding supplements nowadays, you can choose from a wide array of sleep products.
If you’ve always wanted to sleep well and lost fat at the same time, you can try BPI SPORTS NITE BURN.
While it has some promise, it has some glaring loopholes.
Let’s see if ProSupps Crash does a better job.
The first thing that comes to mind when you read the product name is a car crash.
However, we all want to crash peacefully (if there’s such a term) as soon as we hit the sack.
Looks like this product is up to the task.
The manufacturer’s website keeps it simple – none of the pizzazz other competitors’ websites have.
Just about the only product highlight the manufacturer shows is ProSupps Crash’s marketing slogan (“Restful Sleep & Recovery”).
We like it.
In this hectic world we live in, sometimes a peaceful night’s sleep is all you could ask for.
ProSupps Crash’s main ingredient is 300 milligrams of phenibut hydrochloride per serving.
Many sleep products feature valerian root powder or chamomile as a main ingredient, but not this one. It’s rare in that regard.
On that note, we’re wondering what the fuss is all about.
Phenibut hydrochloride is a nootropic which helps quell anxiety and improve sleep. It also improves cognitive performance.
Check out its other benefits, folks:
- Helps keep stress at bay
- Promotes deeper relaxation
- Helps enhance memory
- Decreases social nervousness
However, some naysayers say phenibut may produce hangovers and headaches.
After scouring some customer reviews online, none of them reported these side effects.
A word of caution: phenibut is not as time-tested as other staple sleep product ingredients. Proceed at your own risk.
Next up is 100 milligrams of l-tryptophan per serving.
This is an essential amino acid which is also a precursor of serotonin. The latter helps produce melatonin, a hormone which helps regulate your daily sleep cycle.
Plus, l-tryptophan helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) and keep the dreaded stress hormone (cortisol) at bay.
L-tryptophan is a must if you want to improve sleep quality and increase muscle mass. If these are your fitness goals, make sure this ingredient is at the top of your list.
ProSupps Crash also has 100 milligrams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per scoop.
This ingredient is known more for its muscle recovery benefits. L-carnitine l-tartrate also helps reduce muscular damage and ward off soreness.
So, when you consume ProSupps crash, you increase your growth hormone levels and boost the muscle recovery process.
This product also has 50 milligrams of valerian root extract per serving.
Like we said, this is a time-tested sleep ingredient which gives you a fast return on your investment.
Valerian root extract is an herb has several proven benefits:
- Helps you fall asleep faster
- Improves sleep quality
- Quells anxiety
- Regulates blood pressure levels
- Helps keep stress at bay
- Treats muscle spasms and cramps
You can see for yourself how versatile a sleep ingredient valerian root extract is. It would have been better had the manufacturer increased the dosage 100 milligrams or so.
Another key ingredient of ProSupps Crash is 50 milligrams of ashwaganda root extract per scoop.
This is an adaptogenic herb renowned for its ability to keep cortisol levels in check.
Ergo, when your stress levels plummet, your sleep quality improves drastically. After all, stress could very well be the No. 1 culprit when you toss and turn at night.
Ashwagandha root extract also has other important health benefits:
- Helps regulate thyroid function
- Reduces anxiety
- Increases endurance
- Wards off free radicals
- Regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Improves immunity
It’s clear ashwagandha is just as versatile as valerian root extract. We’re glad both of them are in ProSupps Crash.
This product also has 30 milligrams of passion fruit extract per serving.
We’ll say this: it’s one underrated sleep product ingredient. Manufacturers may want to start including it in their formulas.
Fitness experts believe passion fruit extract is a potent sedative which helps improve sleep quality by quelling anxiety.
In other words, passion fruit gets to the heart of the issue, folks.
Lesser anxiety equals better sleep quality. It’s that simple.
Passion fruit also helps regulate blood pressure levels and ward off inflammation.
The takeaway: if you’re looking for a great sleep supplement ingredient, make sure to include passion fruit in your list.
Next up are 20 milligrams of evodiamine per serving.
Once again, we have stumbled upon a rare sleep product ingredient, folks.
Evodiamine is an extract of Tetradiuim trees found in Asia. It is best known for its thermogenic effects. Experts also believe this ingredient helps increase energy levels.
We’re guessing the manufacturer wanted a product in the mold of the aforementioned BPI SPORTS NITE BURN (which helps burn fat while you sleep).
We won’t be surprised if we find evodiamine in fat-burning supplements.
However, it’s a bit odd it’s in ProSupps Crash – its energy-boosting effect makes it a misfit as a sleep product.
We just hope evodiamine’s energy-boosting effects won’t keep you up at night.
Some customers (who are in the minority) say this product decreased their sleep quality. The only possible culprit is evodiamine.
With that, the manufacturer should not have included it in the first place.
Topping everything off are 5 milligrams of alpha-glycerylphosphorhylcholine (alpha GPC) and four milligrams of phosphatidylserine per serving.
At first glance, we were wondering why ProSupps Crash has Alpha GPC, which is a nootropic which enhances cognitive function.
However, we realized this ingredient helps enhance learning while you’re asleep.
We think it’s fantastic.
As for phosphatidylserine, it’s obvious it’s not in the same stratosphere as valerian root extract, melatonin, and the like.
However, phosphatidlyserine also has potent cortisol-lowering effects which result in a good night’s sleep.
It’s an ingredient which gets to the heart of the issue. This is a recording, folks.
The good news: health experts consider phosphatidylserine safe and non-addictive.
We’ll take that any time of day.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 5: Just like most sleep products, ProSupps Crash won’t compromise your nutrition goals. All good.
- Total carbohydrates, 2 g: Ditto with the carb content, which represents just less than two percent of the daily value (anything less than five percent is low).
- Dietary fiber, 1 g: As expected, ProSupps Crash is not a significant source of dietary fiber at a paltry four percent of the daily value.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal-5-phosphate), .06 mg: While this B Vitamin is known for its cardiovascular, nervous, and immune system benefits, it also helps relieve emotional disturbances for a good night’s sleep. We think 30 percent of the daily value should do the trick (anything more than 15 percent is high).
- Magnesium (as trimagnesium dicitrate), 7 mg: ProSupps Crash is not a significant source of magnesium at just two percent of the daily value.
- Zinc sulfate (as zinc sulfate monohydrate), 24 mg: Zinc has several important health benefits. One of them is metabolizing melatonin, a key hormone for quality sleep. ProSupps Crash has an amazing 160 percent of the daily value for this mineral. We feel its zinc content will help you sleep better and improve your long-term health.
- Phenibut HCL, 300 mg: A nootropic which helps lower anxiety levels and improve sleep quality. It’s also the main ingredient of ProSupps Crash. It’s not as proven as other staple sleep ingredients. Some experts feel phenibut hydrocholoride may produce an addictive effect. Not good.
- L-tryptophan, 100 mg: An essential amino acid which plays a key role in producing melatonin for better sleep cycle regulation. It also helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels and decrease stress levels.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 100 mg: A form of l-carnitine which helps boost muscle recovery and keep muscle soreness at bay.
- Valerian root extract, 50 mg: A proven sleep supplement ingredient which helps one fall asleep faster, reduce anxiety levels, regulate blood pressure levels, and ward off muscle spasms and cramps.
- Ashwagandha root extract, 50 mg: An adaptogenic herb which helps lower cortisol levels, regulate thyroid function, reduce anxiety, ramp up endurance levels, and keep nasty free radicals at bay.
- Passion flower fruit extract, 30 mg: Helps reduce anxiety levels for better sleep quality. This ingredient also helps regulate blood pressure levels and keep inflammation at bay. Good stuff all around.
- Evodiamine, 20 mg: A known thermogenic ingredient. It also helps increase energy levels. It’s a bit odd the manufacturer included this ingredient in ProSupps Crash.
- Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine, 5 mg: A nootropic which helps boost cognitive function and improve learning when one is experiencing lucid dreams.
- Phosphatidylserine, 4 mg: Another ingredient which helps keep cortisol levels in check for better sleep. Many health experts consider it a safe ingredient.
After a thorough analysis, we believe ProSupps Crash is an imperfect product which has good potential.
Honestly, we were a bit skeptical about the inclusion of phenibut hydrochloride (300 milligrams per scoop).
Yes, it does have impressive benefits.
However, there are some question marks hovering above its head (particularly its reportedly addictive effects).
If this was the manufacturer’s way of trying to stand out from the rest of the field, it backfired.
Perhaps chamomile – a sleep ingredient with an excellent reputation -would have been the better choice.
On the flip side, we love ProSupps Crash’s other ingredients (l-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, valerian root extract, and ashwagandha root extract).
We also love the added doses of Vitamin B6 (30 percent of the daily value) and zinc sulfate (160 percent of the daily value).
We laid out all the facts for you, folks: if these ingredients don’t improve your sleep quality and boost muscle recovery, nothing will.
We also tip our hat off to the manufacturer for excellent transparency: it revealed all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends, either. Bravo.
On the other hand, we aren’t so sure about the inclusion of evodiamine. Like we said, this is more of a thermogenic ingredient which also helps increase energy levels.
It’s also unfortunate ProSupps Crash has several dirty ingredients.
The first is sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has several side effects.
This product also has several artificial food colorings in FD&C Blue Lake No. 1 and FD&C Blue No. 1. These also have side effects.
Finally, ProSupps Crash is somewhat expensive at $42.99 for a 30-serving container.
ProSupps Crash Benefits
ProSupps Crash helps lower anxiety levels, keep cortisol levels in check, improve sleep quality, and boost muscle recovery, per its ingredient profile.
Who Takes It?
ProSupps Crash is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to improve sleep quality, lower stress levels, boost their overall health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
ProSupps Crash contains 300 milligrams of phenibut hydrochloride, which my produce an addictive effect, per some health experts.
In addition, this supplement has surcalose, FD&C Blue Lake No. 1, and FD&C Blue No. 1. These ingredients have reported side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
ProSupps Crash Summary
- Good ingredient combo. L-tryptophan, l-carnitine l-tartrate, valerian root extract, ashwagandha root extract, and passion flower fruit.
- Added doses of Vitamin B6 and zinc sulfate. For better sleep quality.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all of the ingredient amounts.
- Phenibut HCL content. Has good upside, but has a questionable reputation.
- Evodiamine. More of a thermogenic ingredient which helps increase energy levels.
- Dirty ingredients. Sucralose, FD&C Blue Lake No.1, and FD&C Blue No. 1.
- Unknown reputation. Not as popular as other big-name sleep supplements.
- Somewhat expensive. $42.99 for a 30-serving container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 30-Serving Container (30-Day Supply): $42.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on ProSupps Crash
Like we said, folks, ProSupps Crash has good potential. It has good ingredients with added doses of Vitamin B6 and zinc sulfate for better sleep.
However, the more we sized it up, more question marks appeared.
It is somewhat of a risk to take a chance on a product with an unproven ingredient (phenibut HCl), a misfit ingredient (evodiamine), and several dirty ingredients (sucralose, FD&C Blue Lake No. 1, and FD&C Blue No. 1).
All that for $42.99?
We say it’s not worth it. You can try ProSupps Crash (at your own risk), but you’re better off adding a different sleep product to your supplement stack.