How does a whey protein supplement which tastes like fruit juice grab you?
We’re not kidding.
If you don’t believe us, you might as well try Whey Protein Punch.
“Punch” here may suggest the product has a strong effect or kick, but it’s really hinting at the goodness of fruit juice (fruit punch, get it?). We’ve never seen anything like it.
We’re just as intrigued as you are, so let’s get on with the review.
About Whey Protein Punch
According to Revolution Nutrition’s official website, Whey Protein Punch “is a breakthrough protein supplement that tastes and feels just like your favorite fruit juice!” The company also dubs its signature protein product as “a high-quality protein source without having any milky texture.” Formula notes:
- Advanced Fortified Protein Matrix. Comprised of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, l-alanine, and l-glutamine.
- Absolutely delicious. We mean it when we say it’s one of the best-tasting supplements on the market, folks.
- May have fillers or “dirty” ingredients. Inclusion of food dyes could be a dead giveaway.
Revolution Nutrition Whey Protein Punch Supplement Facts (Blue Raspberry, 4 lb )
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (41 g)
Servings Per Container: About 22
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Potassium||320 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Ingredients: Advanced Protein Matrix (rich peptides source derived from protein hydrolysis, 90% pure Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, L-Alanine, L-Glutamine), Maltodextrin, Dextrose, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Inulin, Gelatin, FD&C Blue #1
CONTAINS: Milk ingredients.
|Directions For Whey Protein Punch: Mix 1 scoop (33 g) of Whey Protein Punch™ with 200 ml of ice cold water. Simply blend with a spoon or use a shaker bottle. Adjust water amount to your personal taste.|
So Good, You’ll Never Believe It’s Protein.
Perhaps you’ve never been big on the traditional protein supplement flavors — you know, all those rich and creamy shakes — you prefer the refreshingly tangy taste of fruit juice.
You’ve been diligent when it comes to your training, nutrition, and resting habits. All that needs to be done is to find a supplement which suits your sensitive taste buds.
Well, you’ll never believe there is a protein supplement which tastes just like fruit juice.
We present to you Revolution Nutrition’s Whey Protein Punch.
According to the manufacturer’s official website, the company uses a unique Flavor Match system to create Whey Protein Punch. It is “a breakthrough protein supplement that tastes and feels just like your favorite fruit juice,” per Revolution Nutrition.
- The company defines its Flavor Match system as “a specific flavoring technology developed by Revolution Nutrition so you can easily blend your favorite supplements together in as little water as possible.”
We’re blown away. We really are. We’ve never heard of anything like it.
Most protein supplement companies come up with their own gimmicks and marketing tactics to get the attention of the consumer – different flavors, low-fat ingredients, more protein. You name it. They would stand upside down on one arm while juggling three balls if they have to.
Here’s the impressive thing about Whey Protein Punch: It’s juice (we’re not talking steroids here, of course). Who doesn’t like it? The average joe likes it. The corporate mogul likes it. Young and old people alike can’t get enough of it. It’s a protein for men. It’s a protein for women.
I guess what I am getting at here, its appeal covers a big market. The idea is downright clever.
With so many health-conscious consumers these days, they don’t get to drink juice the traditional way. Some 100% fruit juice products in the grocery aren’t what they claim to be. Others have too much sugar and additives which wreak havoc on your body.
We’ve had enough of liquid sugar. It makes you put on weight. Before you know it, your hard work at the gym has gone down the drain. You might need to purchase a new fat burner supplement.
Thank goodness for Whey Protein Punch, we can enjoy juice the way we did when we were in third grade – the only difference is we’re packing on lean muscle mass at the same time.
The product packs 22 grams of protein per serving. While this is a decent amount, it doesn’t pack as much punch as say, ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein (New Zealand grass-fed product which has 28 grams of protein per scoop).
Whey Protein Punch’s Fortified Protein Matrix is comprised of 90 percent pure whey protein isolate (WPI), whey protein concentrate (WPC), and the amino acids l-alanine and l-glutamine.
Hey, we like it. It’s a rare protein matrix. It’s non-conformist. It has its own identity.
More importantly, Revolution Whey Protein Punch can give you results.
We all know how effective whey protein is in building muscle mass, boosting the immune system, and warding off cancer (by raising your glutathione levels). Both WPI and WPC have unique benefits – they’re fast-absorbing and high in amino acids.
The main difference is the former has fewer carbs and fats due to the microfiltration process it undergoes.
Plus, WPI has little to no lactose. Those who are lactose intolerant are better off choosing it over WPC. The downside? WPI is more expensive than WPC because of the additional processing.
Revolution Nutrition makes Whey Protein Punch more potent by adding l-alanine and l-glutamine. Fitness experts believe the former helps boost power output and increase energy. On the other hand, the latter helps preserve muscle mass and boost human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
Whey Protein Punch comes in four unique and delicious flavors, folks:
- Blue Raspberry – where can you find a protein supplement flavor such as Blue Raspberry? The taste is just otherworldly, to say the least. We promise you, you’ll get hoooked. Ten stars out of 10. Perfect.
- Grape – can you spell “tremendous?” Another diamond in the rough. Grape is another rare whey protein supplement flavor. If you’re pining for a grape-flavored supplement, go with Whey Protein Punch. We’d put this a notch below Blue Raspberry, but not by much. We’ll give it 9.5 stars out of 10.
- Refreshing Orange – refreshing is an understatement. This flavor is slick – it’s just like chugging on fresh orange juice, folks. That’s how good it is. We’ll also give this one a perfect 10. It sets the bar high for future orange-flavored whey protein products.
- Watermelon – we feel this one gets a nine out of 10. Having said that, it’s an outstanding flavor but falls behind the first three. Still, you can’t go wrong with this one.
The major takeaway: Whey Protein Punch is a unique-tasting protein powder that is by far the best we’ve ever tried in the “not a creamy shake” category. Other online reviews are into this unique “punch” angle, too. We may have said the same thing about other products before, but this product is in a league of its own – it will blow you away.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 0 g: Whey Protein Punch not having any fats whatsoever is a testament to Revolution Nutrition’s outstanding microfiltration process. Bear in mind this supplement has whey protein concentrate, which still has some fat content. Kudos to the manufacturer.
- Sodium, 110 mg: We cringe when we see the sodium content of some protein supplements. Yes, it is important in preventing muscle cramps and boosting recovery. However, too much may raise your blood pressure. Not good. Whey Protein Punch’s 110 milligrams of sodium per scoop is just right at five percent the daily value. All good.
- Potassium, 320 mg: Most protein supplements have potassium levels within the 150-200-milligram range. Whey Protein Punch kicks it up a notch at nine percent the daily value. While potassium helps regulate blood pressure, too much of it may adversely affect cardiovascular health. Check with your doctor if this concerns you.
- Total carbohydrates, 8 g: Whey Protein Punch’s eight grams of protein per scoop may strike you as a bit excessive. It isn’t. It represents just three percent the daily value for this macronutrient (anything more than five percent is a bit too much). Most whey protein products have less than five grams of carbs per serving. The two ingredients which ups the carb content of Whey Protein Punch are maltodextrin and dextrose – two post-workout carbohydrates which help boost recovery. Sugar content is pretty low at just two grams per scoop, but not the lowest.
Whey Protein Punch’s 22 grams of protein per serving is decent, but it did not wow us. Yes, that much protein can help you grow muscle in conjunction with training, nutrition, and rest. However, we feel the protein content could have been a tad bit higher (say, 25 grams per serving).
Nonetheless, the combination of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, l-alanine, and l-glutamine make Whey Protein Punch’s Advanced Fortified Protein Matrix unique. In fact, the additional amino acids (especially glutamine) will help boost muscle growth.
We also like the inclusion of dextrose, a post-workout carb which ought to help amp up the recovery process. For its part, maltodextrin can help speed up the absorption of nutrients after a hard workout – a crucial facet many people overlook.
In addition, Whey Protein Punch powder is a decent source of calcium at 10 percent of the daily value. Your teeth, bones, and blood pressure will all benefit.
The most outstanding trait of Whey Protein Punch is its taste: It’s the best we’ve ever tried. This is a recording. You’re missing half of your life if you don’t try it.
In terms of transparency, the manufacturer does a great job of pointing out how much of each ingredient goes in your body.
For all its good points, Whey Protein Punch is not a perfect product.
Like we said, potassium is an important mineral in maintaining sound cardiovascular health, but too much of it may be detrimental. Whey Protein Punch has nine percent the daily value of this ingredient, which is a bit high. Consult with your doctor first if you have any cardiovascular issues.
We also noticed the inclusion of food dyes such as “FD & C Blue #1” in the Blue Raspberry Flavor and “FD & C Red #40” in the Grape flavor. Fitness experts are torn on the effects of these additives on overall health.
For our part, they have aroused our suspicion. We are inclined to believe they’re no more than fillers or “dirty” ingredients. If you’re not sure about a particular ingredient, better steer clear. Trust your fitness conscience, folks.
Whey Protein Punch Benefits
According to the manufacturer’s official website, Whey Protein Punch “offers a high-quality protein source without having any milky texture.” It’s a fruity protein supplement at its best.
Plus, its unique and top-notch Advanced Fortified Protein Matrix will help you build muscle and achieve your fitness goals.
Lastly, it’s one of the best-tasting – if not the best-tasting – supplements on the market. That much we can tell you.
Who Takes It?
Whey Protein Punch is intended for healthy and active adults who want to build muscle mass, boost recovery, and meet their daily protein requirements.
Any Side Effects?
Whey Protein Punch presents no glaring side effects. However, you should consult your physician if you have any cardiovascular issues alluding to the somewhat high potassium content.
The addition of food dyes has raised our eyebrows. In fact, it’s one of the few protein supplements which have them. Seek your doctor’s input regarding this matter. Like we already pointed out, if an ingredient makes you feel iffy, back out.
The manufacturer also issues a warning for everyone:
Whey Protein Punch Summary
- Advanced Fortified Protein Matrix. Composed of WPI, WPC, l-alanine, and l-glutamine for muscle growth.
- Low-fat, low-sodium, and low-carbohydrate. Attributes which will help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Good calcium source. Has 10 percent the daily value for this mineral.
- Bonus ingredients. l-alanine, l-glutamine, maltodextrin, and glutamine, to be exact.
- Absolutely delicious. One of the best protein supplements we’ve ever tried.
- Different. A nice change from other shake-oriented protein powders.
- Somewhat high potassium content. May be not the best for supporting cardiovascular health.
- Inclusion of food dyes. Food additives which have been under scrutiny from fitness experts.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.8-lb container (25-Day Supply): $36.99
- 1 4-lb container (55-Day Supply): $67.99
- Available to buy online and in retail (inc. Amazon) at varying prices
Final Word on Whey Protein Punch
Does Whey Protein Punch pack a wallop?
Yes, it does.
The protein content is decent. Its Advanced Fortified Protein Matrix is unique and efficient. Don’t forget about the added l-alanine, l-glutamine, maltodextrin, and dextrose.
Oh, it’s also one of the most delicious protein supplements ever.
Whey Protein Punch may have some flaws, but the pros still outweigh the cons, folks. Chug on one and feel the goodness of fruit juice disguised as a protein supplement, and see why it has got one of our top ratings.