By now, you may be tired of looking for a high-protein WPI protein powder supplement which is low in carbs, sodium, cholesterol, and fats.
Enter Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX.
We rarely stumble upon a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate supplement which this much promise. In some of our reviews, the going was great until, say, a high sodium content messed everything up.
We’re crossing our fingers there won’t be any spoilers for this one.
About Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX
The manufacturer dubs Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX as “the new third generation advanced hydrolyzed whey protein isolate” on its official website. Formula notes:
- Thirty grams of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate per serving. One of the highest in the industry.
- Low in calories, carbs, fats, cholesterol, and sodium. A clean sweep such as this is rare in the supplement industry.
- Easy to absorb. Advanced hydrolyzed whey protein isolate takes an extra step in making sure you get the most out of your protein powder.
Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 5 lbs.)
|Serving Size: (36g)
Servings Per Container: 63
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|Ingredients: Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Sucralose
Contains Milk & Soy (lecithin). Made in a plant that also processes egg, soy, peanut, tree nut, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat products.
|Directions For Hydrobolic FX: Mix 1 scoop of Hydrobolic FX® in 6-8 oz of water or your favorite beverage. No blender needed.|
Get Blown Away With Hydrolyzed WPI and an Added Dose of BCAAs and Glutamine
Lean muscle growth simplified.
That’s what you get with Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX, folks.
Like we said, the manufacturer dubs this product, “the new third generation advanced whey protein isolate.” It contains a whopping 30 grams of protein per serving. Not even the likes of ProteinSeries 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein and MET-Rx Natural Whey have that much.
Wow. It’s enough to make a great first impression on us.
The company’s microfiltration process has broken down the amino acid peptide bonds into shorter chains of aminos. The main reason?
Your muscles absorb regular when protein in forty minutes, tops. Some studies suggest they absorb whey protein hydrolysate in just 20 to 30 minutes. Imagine 30 grams of top-notch protein feeding your muscles that fast. Just imagine.
Just to refresh your memory, whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purest form of protein (at least 90 percent). It is also rich in amino acids. Those who want to build lean muscle mass prefer WPI because it has far fewer carbs and fats than its whey protein concentrate (WPC) counterpart.
WPI is also the better option for lactose intolerant individuals because it has little to no lactose.
On the flip side, WPI tends to taste bitter on its own because of the lower fats and carb content – two macronutrients which help make your protein supplement taste better.
Plus, the additional processing WPI undergoes is the main reason why it is more expensive than WPC.
What does this all mean for Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX? Its protein content is no ordinary WPI – it is “advanced hydrolyzed whey protein isolate,” as the manufacturer puts it. This product’s WPI has undergone further processing to create whey protein hydrolysate.
In short, Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX is a protein supplement which has rapid-fire absorption rates and a price which puts a major dent on your wallet (upon checking the manufacturer’s official website, its original price was $119.99. It’s currently on sale at $79.99).
Here are some quick takeaways regarding the flavors: They’re pretty damn good, but not the best in the industry. They just fall a tad bit short.
Too bad Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX comes in just two flavors. Our gut tells us it’s worthy of more flavors to give the likes of Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey and Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Advanced Protein a run for their money.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 1 g: You’d think a hydrolyzed whey protein isolate product such as Muscle FX Hydrolyzed FX would have less fat content than its one gram per serving. Well, look no further than the Chocolate flavor’s cocoa component (which has great health benefits such as warding off cancer due to its antioxidant). Still, this supplement has only two percent of the daily value for fats – pretty low, in our opinion.
- Cholesterol, 15 mg: We’re relieved to see Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX has only five percent the daily value for cholesterol. To put things in perspective, anything more than that is already considered high. From experience, we’ve seen far too many manufacturers blatantly exceed that limit. This product’s like a breath of fresh air, folks.
- Sodium, 90 mg: Again, if you’re not sure if an ingredient is too much, check out the daily value percentage. Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX’s sodium content is just four percent the daily value, making it a safe option even for those who have cardiovascular concerns.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: Of course you’d expect a whey protein isolate supplement to be low in carbs. What more a hydrolyzed WPI supplement? Surprisingly, two grams per serving is a tad bit high for a product like this. But at one percent the daily value, Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX is a low-carb supplement which will complement your muscle-building efforts. Sugar is pretty low at one gram per serving.
With Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX, you get an impressive 30 grams of fast-absorbing and high-quality hydrolyzed whey protein isolate per serving.
For some people, the higher and the faster their muscles absorb the protein, the better. Well, this is the absolute perfect fit for them.
All we can say about the protein blend is it is very simple: No fuss, no frills. Just hydrolyzed protein which will help you build muscle.
Let’s not forget about the six grams of branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs) and five grams of glutamine per serving Muscle FX Hydroblic FX has, folks. Get this: It beats Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, which has 5.5 grams of BCAAs and four grams of glutamine per serving.
BCAAs (especially leucine) help kickstart the protein synthesis process and supply you with more energy for your workouts.
On the other hand, glutamine helps preserve muscle tissue and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels. If you are a bit iffy about taking casein protein, glutamine is a solid second choice.
On that note, a supplement such as Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX’s glutamine content helps you remain in an anabolic state longer, despite not having a slow-absorbing casein protein component.
Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX also succeeds where a good number of supplements fail: low in fats, cholesterol, sodium, and carbs. It’s rare to come across a product which does not go overboard in all four ingredients. Oh, it’s also low in calories (130 per scoop). For that, we tip our hat off to the manufacturer.
For your part, you will build lean muscle mass with this product. Just make sure to be consistent in your training, eating, and sleeping habits.
We also like the fact Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX is high in calcium at 15 percent the daily value. You should know by now this mineral is vital in maintaining healthy bones and teeth. Calcium is also a crucial ingredient in maitaining healthy blood pressure levels.
When you purchase Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX, you get additional health benefits. Nobody in his right mind wouldn’t want them.
This product is not a significant source of iron at just four percent the daily value. You are better off getting your iron fix from supplements or natural food sources.
On the other hand, we’re left wondering why Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX does not have any potassium. An overwhelming majority of supplements we review have potassium to help offset the sodium content and regulate the amount of water your body retains.
Maybe, must maybe, the manufacturer decided not to include potassium anymore considering the product isn’t high in sodium. Whatever the case may be, we find it a bid odd.
Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX’s ingredients are downright simple. As a consumer, you won’t feel suspicious the product has any fillers or dirty ingredients. With the exception of the potassium issue, the company does a good job in terms of transparency – you know what you’re putting in your body.
That wins consumers over in a heartbeat.
Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX Benefits
The manufacturer enumerates the benefits of Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX on its official website:
- Thirty (30) grams of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate per serving
- Assists in building lean muscle mass and torching fat
- Great taste and solubility
- No lactose and aspartame
We agree with all of these points. Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX’s great taste and solubility coupled with its high protein content can help you achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
According to the manufacturer, Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX “is the ideal protein for athletes who want to pack on lean muscle.” It is also ideal for individuals who are on a strict nutritional regimen who want to meet their daily protein requirements without carbs.
Any Side Effects?
We’re happy to report Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX has no glaring side effects with its low calorie, carbohydrate, cholesterol, carbohydrate, and sodium content.
However, those who are allergic to milk, soy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat should steer clear of this product (please refer to the note the manufacturer included in the ingredients list).
Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX Summary
- Thirty grams of protein per scoop. One of the highest in the industry.
- More BCAAs and glutamine per serving. Six grams and 5.5 grams, respectively.
- Low in calories, carbohydrates, sodium, cholesterol, and fats. That says it all, folks.
- Good source of calcium. Fifteen percent the daily value for this mineral.
- No fillers and proprietary blends. You can take a hint from the simple ingredients.
- Expensive. $79.99 for a five-lb. container (originally priced at $119.99).
- No potassium. Either the manufacturer left it out on purpose or failed to disclose this ingredient.
- Lack of variety. Comes in just one size (5-lb. container) and two flavors.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 5-lb. container (63-Day Supply): $79.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX
If you want a high-protein hydrolyzed WPI supplement which is low in calories, carbohydrates, fats, sodium, and cholesterol, Muscle FX Hydroblic FX is the product for you.
Its pluses (high BCAA, glutamine, and calcium content) outweigh the negatives (expensive, lack of variety) considerably.
The takeaway: Muscle FX Hydrobolic FX is a high-quality product which is more expensive than other WPI products. You know the old saying, folks: You pay for quality.
That’s exactly what you will get from this supplement.