Ever heard about “The Planet’s Purest Protein?”
Well, it’s here.
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein has made a name for itself as one of the most natural products of its kind in the fitness industry. It’s hard to argue with that, considering it has 20 grams of Provon Whey Protein Isolate per serving.
Never heard of it? Read this review and be amazed.
About Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein
The manufacturer’s official website says this product is not only “The Planet’s Purest Protein,” it’s also “a ready-to-mix protein product that fits anywhere in your kitchen.” Plus, it’s “easy to understand and also easy on the eyes.” Formula notes:
- Includes Provon Whey Protein Isolate. Boost glutathione levels and the immune system.
- Twenty grams of protein per serving. Not the highest, but still of high quality.
- Comes in five flavors. Chocolate Mint, Natural, Rich Dutch Chocolate, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Wild Strawberry, to be precise.
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein Supplement Facts (Wild Strawberry, 28 Servings)
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (23 g)
Servings Per Container: 28
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
|Calories From Fat||5|
|Total Fat||.5 g 1%|
|Cholesterol||5 mg 1%|
|Protein (99% Undenaturated)||20 g 40%|
|Calcium||90 mg 9%|
|Phosphorus||50 mg 5%|
|Sodium||57 mg 2%|
|Potassium||80 mg 2%|
Ingredients: Provon® Whey Protein Isolate produced by Patented CFM® Cross Flow Microfiltration Method, Crystalline Fructose, Non-Gmo Lecithin, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Dried Strawberry Flakes, Real Strawberry Powder, Fine Sea Salt, Inulin Fiber, Lo Han Fruit Extract
Directions For Whey Isolate Protein: Mix 2 scoops with 4 ounces of water, milk or juice. Mixes easily with a spoon or shaker bottle.
The Planet’s Purest Protein Takes the Supplement World by Storm
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein is a supplement like no other.
The manufacturer claims it is “The Planet’s Purest Protein.” Each container has 28 servings and 20 grams of protein per serving (two scoops). The product features a unique ingredient other supplement brands rarely have: Provon Whey Protein Isolate.
This type of whey protein isolate is a biologically active by-product of sweet dairy. It has the highest undenatured protein profile rating among protein sources.
The denuration process involves breakdown of the protein structure because of extreme heat, oxidation, aggressive filtration and packaging, and vigorous mechanical blending. They do not affect the food value of denatured protein, but they do compromise its bioavailability.
The bad news is some manufacturers process denatured protein even more, throwing in artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, and the like to improve its solubility. Smart consumers should stay away from these as much as possible (for a comprehensive guide on how to purchase supplements, check this out).
Denatured whey protein still packs a decent punch, it does not have the immune-boosting quality undenatured whey protein does.
In contrast, manufacturers preserve the molecular structure of undenatured whey protein. Health experts believe this type of whey protein can help amp up your glutathione levels (a potent antixodant which can help ward off cancer and boost the immune system).
Wise buyers will look beyond the muscle-building and anabolic benefits of a protein supplement (just so you know, Provon Whey Protein Isolate boasts of the highest BCAA levels which help preserve muscles and boost endurance) .
Yes, those are important. However, if you stumble upon a whey protein supplement which is a sure bet in giving you more health benefits, you should stick to it by all means.
Thanks to its undenatured protein content, Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein is one of them.
While its protein content is of excellent quality, it only has 20 grams of protein per serving (the industry average hovers around the 25-gram mark or so). Plus, you need two scoops to get 20 grams.
As a consumer, you have to ask yourself which is more important: quality or quantity? Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein may not have the most amount of protein, but the quality makes up for it.
If you think about it, another top-notch protein, MyProtein Impact Whey Protein, only has 20 grams of protein per serving, yet is considered as one of the best in the industry.
We say it’s quality over quantity.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 0.5 g: A good number of whey protein isolate supplements have fat levels hovering around the one-gram mark. Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein has one of the lowest in the industry.
- Cholesterol, 5 mg: Most whey protein isolate competitors would have around 30-50 mg of cholesterol per serving. Integrated Supplements kicks it up a notch further with just 0.5 grams of cholesterol per serving. People give cholesterol a rap, but you need the good kind for optimum cardiovascular health. Ditto for fats. The manufacturer has kept both to a low level.
- Protein (99 percent undenatured), 20 g: Like we said, it’s quality over quantity. If you’re supplementing with BCAA-rich whey protein which boosts immune your system and helps ward off cancer cells, we’ll take it. Good job, Integrated Supplements.
- Calcium, 90 mg: At nine percent the daily value, Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein’s calcium content isn’t as high as most whey protein supplements. More often than not, they have at least 15 percent. It’s still a decent amount of calcium, though you can get more when you decide to add some milk to your protein shake.
- Phosphorus, 50 mg: the second-most abundant mineral in the body which plays a key role in bone and tooth formation as well as energy production.
- Sodium, 57 mg: Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein is a good low-sodium option for individuals with cardiovascular issues. And get this: The manufacturer uses fine sea salt, instead of the traditional version. Because the former undergoes minimal processing, it retains most of its mineral content. We like that.
- Potassium, 80 mg: a key mineral which helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels. It’s not as high as other protein supplements. Too much of it may be detrimental to people with cardiovascular concerns. This one’s a safe bet, folks.
With Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein, you get superior quality protein with additional benefits, namely a healthier immune system and cancer prevention. Consumers should be wary of fillers and additives. This product has neither of those.
Furthermore, Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein has only 90 calories per serving.
It is also low in fat, cholesterol, and sodium (we like the use of fine sea salt because it retains more minerals). Plus, it supplies your body with key minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, and potassium.
One ingredient which caught our attention is crystalline fructose.
It is a by-product of corn and is close to 100 percent fructose because of additional processing. Crystalline fructose is said to be 20 percent sweeter than sucrose and has fewer calories.
However, crystalline fructose may have a flip side: arsenic and heavy metals. That revelation raised our eyebrows.
Nonetheless, most of Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein’s strawberry flavor comes from natural sources such as natural strawberry flavor, dried strawberry flakes, real strawberry powder…
You get the idea.
It is also flavored with lo han fruit extract.
Lo han is derived from a Chinese fruit. The Chinese have been using it as a natural sweetener for centuries, and with good reason:
- Has antioxidants
- May help with diabetes
- May boost cardiovascular health
While all of these are good, we’re left wondering why the manufacturer didn’t indicate the amount of sugar per serving on the ingredient label. With this, we checked out some big-name websites which revealed it has three grams of sugar per serving.
Integrated Supplements also has inulin fiber, a soluble fiber which helps improve digestive and cardiovascular health. A key ingredient such as this will help absorb the key nutrients of the product. A great bonus.
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein Benefits
According to the manufacturer, Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein has “30 percent more protein and antioxidants per serving than a whey concentrate, and the lowest amounts of fat, lactose, and cholesterol.”
Integrated Supplements also says this product “is rich in flavor and has no additives and preservatives.”
We agree with the company’s claim the product is a solid and clean protein source with added health benefits. Again, undenatured whey protein isolate helps boost the body’s glutathione levels which means a revitalized immune system.
Who Takes It?
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein is intended for athletes and active individuals over the 18 years of age who want to boost muscle mass, meet their daily protein requirements, and improve their overall health.
Any Side Effects?
Just about the only questionable ingredient Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein has is crystalline fructose, which, according to some big-name health experts, has arsenic and metals.
Crystalline fructose has been under scrutiny the past few years. Many fitness experts are mixed on the issue.
The manufacturer also says those who are allergic to milk and soy should take heed. If you are iffy about a product’s questionable ingredients, better follow your gut and buy something else.
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein Summary
- Has Provon Whey Protein Isolate. Top-notch WPI which raises glutathione levels.
- Use of natural ingredients . One of those rare supplements with Lo Han fruit extract.
- Low in fat and cholesterol. Label says it all.
- Low in calories. Just 90 calories per serving.
- Good price. Just $34.96 for a 28-serving container.
- Has crystalline fructose. Questionable ingredient under heavy scrutiny.
- Lack of transparency. Label does not show sugar content.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 Container (28-Day Supply): $34.96
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein
It seems to us Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein is ready to take the supplement world by storm. After all, it is one of the few protein supplements to include Provon Whey Protein Isolate for more health benefits (other than muscle building). Who wouldn’t want that?
We know you do.
If you’re looking for an affordable and quality protein supplement which is low in calories, fat, and calories, this is it. The positives still outweigh the few negatives.
Now, is it the “Planet’s Purest Protein (as the manufacturer claims it is)?” It’s a solid claim, and we agree on almost all fronts.