If you’ve never tried grass-fed native whey, you’re missing out. Not only is it good for heart health and immune function, but it also has one of the cleanest formulations on the market, as you’ll find out in this Cellucor IsoPro review.
About Cellucor IsoPro
Cellucor IsoPro is “The Most Advanced Whey Protein Supplement” and “is grass-fed native whey that almost completely filters out the unnecessary fats found in regular whey protein isolate so that you get more out of the protein you need to build and replenish muscle,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- PRONATIV protein content. Arguably the cleanest protein brand on the market.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per serving. Equal to a solid 50 percent of the daily value.
- Awesome taste. One of the best fruity-tasting protein supplements around.
Cellucor IsoPro Supplement Facts (Fruity Cereal, 907 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 rounded scoop (31 g)
Servings Per Container: 24
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||<1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||†|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
|Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 9% Iron 11%|
|INGREDIENTS: PRONATIV® Native Whey Protein Isolate, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Citric Acid, Guar Gum, Sodium Chloride, Malic Acid, Sunflower Lecithin, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Silicone (anti-foaming agent), FD&C Red #40.|
|SUGGESTED USE: Add 1 rounded scoop of IsoPro Grass-Fed Native Whey with 16-20 fl. oz. of cold water and mix immediately. Consume directly following exercise on training days and first thing in the morning on non-training days. For best results, consume daily. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.|
Grass-Fed Native Whey
If you haven’t tried grass-fed whey protein before, you’re missing out. For one, it’s excellent for cardiovascular function because it’s an impressive source of omega-3 fatty acids (up to four times more than regular grain-fed cows). Bear in mind “omega-3 fatty acids benefit the heart of healthy people, and those at high risk of – or who have – cardiovascular disease,” per the American Heart Association’s official website.
Not only that, but grass-fed whey is a tremendous source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). This ingredient helps ramp up fat metabolism, convert nutrients into energy, and increase exercise endurance.
Grass-fed whey is also a rich source of immunoglobulins, which are special proteins that strengthen the immune system. This type of whey protein is also teeming with lactoferrin, a molecule which helps regulate iron levels in the body. This, in turn, results in increased energy levels and better muscle contractions.
Finally, grass-fed whey provides the body with glutathione, a powerful antioxidant. Not only does it keep free radicals at bay, but it also helps regulate immunity and detoxification, increase athletic performance, and enhance cognitive function.
With these in mind, you may want to check out some outstanding grass-fed whey protein supplements:
Let’s see if the new Cellucor IsoPro can give these products a run for their money. The manufacturer dubs it “The Most Advanced Whey Protein Supplement,” per its official website.
“IsoPro is grass-fed native whey that almost completely filters out the unnecessary fats found in regular whey protein isolate so that you get more out of the protein you need to build and replenish muscle,” per the same source. “Native whey” here refers to the type of whey which has the cleanest and least-processed ingredient profile.
It sure seems to us this is music to any bodybuilding enthusiast’s ears. Protein is the magic word for bodybuilders and those who are serious about muscling up. We get the impression Cellucor IsoPro will be up to the daunting task.
Cellucor IsoPro has 25 grams of protein per serving. This isn’t just ordinary whey protein, mind you – we’re talking about a brand of grass-fed native whey protein isolate known as PRONATIV. Cellucor IsoPro is the first protein supplement we’ve sized up which contains 100 percent PRONATIV protein content.
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is typically 90 to 95 percent protein. It has less carb and fat content than its whey protein concentrate (WPC) counterpart. On the flip side, WPI tends to taste slightly bitter. Plus, it has a lower immunoglobulin content than WPC. It is also more expensive than WPC because of the extra microfiltration process it undergoes. Nevertheless, WPI is the choice of many fitness enthusiasts who want to muscle up and lean out.
According to PRONATIV’s official website, its processes its whey protein isolate from grass-fed cows at a native whey plant using low temperatures (in contrast, competitors process regular WPI in cheese and whey plants using high temperatures. While the end product yields above-average results, PRONATIV WPI has the superior nutritional profile:
|Regular Whey Protein Isolate||PRONATIV|
|Fat Content||Two percent fat||0.5 percent fat|
|Mineral Content||4.5 percent minerals||Two percent minerals|
|Lactose Content||3.5 percent||2.5 percent|
|Protein Content||90 percent||95 percent|
In addition, regular WPI has cheese residue and additional ingredients. For its part, PRONATIV has neither of these – you don’t have to worry about any artificial growth hormones and chemical agents. That, in a nutshell, is what grass-fed, native whey protein is all about.
The simple takeaway: PRONATIV is the perfect whey protein isolate for individuals who want to increase muscle mass and lessen their overall fat intake. It’s the best kind of protein for muscling up and leaning out (pair it up with a great fat burner for better results).
However, some experts aren’t convinced: they maintain native whey produces the same post-workout anabolic response as regular whey. “Despite a higher increase in blood leucine concentrations after ingestion of native whey, there were no differences between native whey and WPC-80 in stimulating the phosphorylation P70S6K, eEF-2 and 4E-BPI, MPS (muscle protein synthesis) during a five-hour post-exercise period,” per a study the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition published on its official website in 2017.
Does this mean native whey is nothing more than just hype? Not necessarily. The study referred to a post-workout anabolic response. Sure, it may trigger muscle growth no better than regular whey protein concentrate, but you just cannot pass up on native whey’s (especially grass-fed native whey) clean nutritional profile. For many bodybuilding supplement junkies, that’s their main consideration. Native whey has that edge which other types of protein don’t.
On that note, we’re confident Cellucor IsoPro’s 25 grams of PRONATIV protein per serving (which yields a solid 50 percent of the daily value for protein). should help you muscle up, shorten your recovery time, and increase your anabolic response without those nasty ingredients you can find in other kinds of protein. That in itself is a great selling point.
When you consume Cellucor IsoPro, you also get decent amounts of calcium (nine percent of the daily value) and iron (11 percent of the daily value). We also love its low calorie, fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, and carb content (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
Too bad the manufacturer ruined a good thing by including fillers such as sucralose and artificial food colorings (FD&C Red No. 40), which have certain side effects. Had the company excluded these, Cellucor IsoPro would’ve gotten a higher mark.
Nevertheless, the so-called “Most Advanced Whey Protein Supplement” is still a worthwhile investment. It made a good first impression on us. While it’s not a perfect product, it can still make an impact on your workouts and overall lifestyle.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 110: Many protein supplements have 100 to 150 calories per serving. Cellucor IsoPro is on the lower end of the spectrum with 110 calories per scoop.
- Calories from fat, 5: You can tell right off the bat this protein supplement has low fat content. Its measly five calories from fat serve as hard evidence.
- Total fat, 0.5 g: Cellucor IsoPro is a bona fide low-fat protein supplement at less than one percent of the daily value. We give that a thumbs-up.
- Saturated fat, 0 g: We’re thrilled this product has no saturated fat content whatsoever. This bodes well for a healthier cardiovascular system, for sure.
- Trans fat, 0 g: Trans fat from hydrogenated, partially-hydrogenated oils, and other food sources are detrimental to heart health. We’re thankful Cellucor IsoPro has no trans fat content.
- Cholesterol, 0 g: Unfortunately, some protein supplements such as Bodybuilding.com Signature 100% Whey Protein are high in cholesterol. Not Cellucor IsoPro – it has an astonishing zero cholesterol content. It’s clear this protein supplement won’t compromise your heart health in any way.
- Sodium, 85 mg: This much represents a scant four percent of the daily value for sodium – a safe amount for those who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Potassium, 170 mg: Cellucor IsoPro is not a significant source of potassium at just five percent of the daily value.
- Total carbohydrate, 2 g: Cellucor IsoPro’s one percent of the daily value for carbs closely matches those of many WPI supplements on the market. This much should complement any low-carb nutrition plan perfectly.
- Sugars, 0 g: While this product has no sugar content, it does have sucralose – an artificial sweetener which has links to obesity and other side effects.
- Protein, 25 g: Not too many protein supplements boast of high-quality, grass-fed native whey protein from PRONATIV. Celucor ProIso belongs in that elite category. Not only will you get an impressive 50 percent of the daily value for protein, but you’ll also get the cleanest kind of protein available. It doesn’t get any better than that.
- Vitamin A, 0 percent: Cellucor IsoPro has no vitamin A content whatsoever.
- Calcium, 9 percent: This product has decent calcium content. This mineral helps strengthen bones, regulate blood pressure levels, boost heart health, and ward off free radicals.
- Vitamin C, 0 percent: Cellucor IsoPro has no vitamin C content whatsoever.
- Iron, 11 percent: This mineral helps ward off anemia, regulate body temperature, produce hemoglobin, and enhance cognitive function. Cellucor IsoPro has a decent 11 percent of the daily value for iron.
The manufacturer dubbed Cellucor IsoPro the “Most Advanced Whey Protein Supplement.” After a thorough analysis, we say the company makes a strong case. Here’s the bottom line: Cellucor IsoPro could very well be one of the cleanest protein supplements on the market. That’s saying a lot.
Many bodybuilding supplement companies inundate consumers with tons of information. They claim their protein powder has no filler content and is a cut above the rest. In terms of protein content, Cellucor IsoPro yields one of the cleanest we’ve seen.
You can’t go wrong with its PRONATIV protein content – it’s muscle-building without the nasty artificial growth hormones and antibiotics which only wreak havoc on your body. We’re hoping more protein supplement manufacturers use PRONATIV – it’s a great deal for the customer.
The proof is in the pudding: Cellucor IsoPro has a solid 25 percent of protein per serving (equal to 50 percent of the daily value). It’s also low in calories, fat, and sodium. It gets better: it has no saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol content.
Long story short, if your fitness goal is to pack on some serious muscle mass and lean out, Cellucor IsoPro should help you tremendously. If you pay attention to your training, nutrition, and sleep habits, the sky is the limit.
This product is also a decent source of calcium (nine percent of the daily value) and iron (11 percent of the daily value). Their combined health benefits include better heart health and blood pressure levels, stronger bones, and enhanced cognitive function.
We also laud the manufacturer for excellent transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. You won’t find any shady proprietary blends in Cellucor IsoPro.
Customers have also given this supplement high marks online. In particular, they’ve been raving about its taste. Say, you chose the Fruity Cereal flavor. When you chug on it, it’s just like the taste of actual cereal. The taste is incredible. If you want something different from the traditional Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cookies N’ Cream flavor options, this is it.
The biggest letdown of Cellucor IsoPro is its filler content. True, the protein content is clean and all, but the overall formula isn’t. Sucralose and FD&C Red No. 40 aren’t good at all. The former has ties to obesity while the latter has links to carcinogenicity. Stevia, a natural sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, would’ve been the better alternative.
Finally, Cellucor IsoPro comes in only the 907-gram container. This much will last you a maximum of 24 days. If you work out frequently and consume protein powder more regularly, you need to stock up more frequently.
Nonetheless, Cellucor IsoPro is still a solid protein supplement – it’s PRONATIV protein content will help you muscle up, lean out, and achieve your fitness goals. We’re just hoping the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner formula sooner than later.
Cellucor IsoPro Benefits
Cellucor IsoPro “keeps in more of the pure protein you need to help you build and nourish tired muscles in a cleaner, more effective way than ever before,” per its official website.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Cellucor IsoPro for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass and strength, shorten recovery time, meet their daily protein requirements, fill nutrition gaps, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Cellucor IsoPro contains sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has links to obesity. It also has artificial food colorings (such as FD&C Red No. 40) which have ties to carcinogenicity.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Cellucor IsoPro.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Cellucor IsoPro Review Summary
- PRONATIV protein content. Arguably the cleanest brand of protein on the market today.
- Grass-fed whey. Great for heart health and immunity.
- Solid protein content. Equal to 25 percent of the daily value.
- Low in fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, and carbs. Bode well for long-term health.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturers break down all of the ingredient amounts.
- Great reputation. Customers swear by this product.
- Awesome taste. Consumers say it’s easy on the taste buds. We agree.
- Flavor options. Comes in Fruity Cereal, Orange Citrus, and Strawberry Splash flavors.
- Fillers. Contains sucralose and artificial food colorings.
- Practicality. Comes in just the 907-gram container. A five-lb. container option would’ve been great.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 907-gram container (24-Day Supply): $39.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Cellucor IsoPro
If you want a great-tasting, grass-fed, native whey protein option, Cellucor IsoPro is the perfect choice. This supplement is all about packing on serious muscle mass while making it easy on your taste buds. It’s an experience many bodybuilders crave.
Cellucor IsoPro is not a perfect product, by all means. However, we still recommend you buy it. If the company can come up with a cleaner formulation (preferably with stevia), we’d recommend it wholeheartedly.