Perhaps you’ve been searching long and hard for a good alternative to the traditional whey protein powder.
Your search is over.
Enter BIN 100% CHXN, a rich source of chicken protein isolate.
If you’re wary of taking an animal protein supplement, you might change your mind after reading this review.
About BIN 100% CHXN
BIN 100% CHXN is “The New Gold Standard for a Real Chicken Protein Isolate Powder,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Has CHiKPRO 100% Chicken Protein Isolate. Rich source of chicken protein.
- Twenty-one grams of protein per serving. Represents 42 percent of the daily value. .
- Has more l-arginine than regular whey. Amino acid which helps increase muscle mass and improve vasodilation.
BIN 100% CHXN Supplement Facts (Unflavored, 498 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (24 g)
Servings Per Container: 21
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||15|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
|Saturated Fat||.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||3%|
|INGREDIENTS: CHiKPRO™ 100% Chicken Protein Isolate, Rosemary Extract as a Natural Preservative|
|Directions FOR BIN 100% CHXN Chicken Protein Isolate: One or two servings daily by active adults. It’s important to get enough protein to meet your individual daily requirements. Protein contains the essential building blocks (amino acids) needed for muscle energy, recovery and health. Consume a combination of high quality protein foods and supplements throughout the day and evening as a part of a balanced diet and exercise program.|
The New Gold Standard for Chicken Dietary Supplements
Bodybuilding protein supplements are the most diverse they’ve ever been.
You have the usual whey, casein, and protein blends (combo of fast-, medium-, and slow-absorbing protein).
There are also thermogenic (fat-burning) protein powders such as MuscleMeds CARNIVOR SHRED, which has beef protein isolate as its main protein source.
How about trying some chicken protein isolate for a change?
We’re serious, folks.
Please give it up for BarnDad Innovative Nutrition (BIN) 100% Chicken Protein Isolate (CHXN).
If you can’t get enough chicken in your nutrition, this is your chance.
This product “is a real chicken dietary supplement,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
The company also dubs BIN 100% CHXN “The New Gold Standard for a Real Chicken Protein Isolate Powder.”
Well, there are only a few chicken protein isolate products on the market. We’re not downplaying the manufacturer’s claims. Not by any stretch.
Look at it this way: since the demand for chicken protein isolate supplements isn’t that high, BIN 100% CHXN has the opportunity to be the go-to product in that category.
It’s not a slouch in terms of protein content to begin with.
“BIN’s CHXN packs 21 grams of the highest quality, digestible, muscle-building protein per serving with less than two percent collagen,” per the same source.
Twenty-one grams of protein per serving beats the likes of MyProtein Impact Whey Protein (20 grams of protein per serving) – one of the top-rated protein products on the market.
Get this: that much is equal “to 24.5 servings of chicken per canister,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Score one for the folks at BarnDad Innovative Nutrition.
The company uses CHiKPRO Chicken Protein Isolate, which digests more easily than soy and whey.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Here are its other benefits:
- Can be compared to natural chicken breast
- 100 percent real chicken
- Doesn’t trigger allergies and bloating
- Impressive amino acid profile
- Has 180 percent more l-arginine than regular whey
- Rich in minerals such as zinc and iron
- Has a fast absorption rate
We think these are fantastic. Who would have thought chicken protein isolate has an impressive amino acid profile?
BIN 100% CHXN is “loaded with BCAAs and all the essential and non-essential amino acids needed to support muscle recovery and growth,” per its official website.
Just so you know, branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) help kickstart muscle protein synthesis, increase endurance, restore a positive protein balance, and repair muscle tissue.
It turns out BIN 100% CHXN can help you reap all of these benefits.
When you supplement with chicken protein isolate, you don’t need to take a separate l-arginine supplement anymore.
BIN 100% CHXN’s official website confirms its product has 180 percent more l-arginine than regular whey protein.
This product has 1.46 grams of l-arginine per scoop, per the same source.
What is so special about this amino acid, anyway?
Any supplement junkie will tell you l-arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, a compound which helps dilate and relax the blood vessels for more awesome muscle pumps, improved vasodilation and better nutrient uptake.
Plus, nitric oxide helps synthesize protein for more muscle growth. It sends out a signal to muscle cells, which, in turn, release human growth hormone (HGH).
Finally, l-arginine helps boost the immune system. When you work out, you incur mental and physical stress. Failure to keep these in check may result in muscle damage and the inability to achieve your fitness goals.
L-arginine helps prevent those.
For that, we’re glad BIN 100% CHXN has a hefty dose of this important semi-essential amino acid.
We also like chicken protein isolate’s fast absorption rate. Research on its exact absorption speed hasn’t been as extensive compared to whey protein (which your muscles absorb in as fast as 40 minutes after consumption).
From what we’ve gathered, whey still lords it over chicken protein isolate in terms of absorption.
However, the latter has the upper hand in terms of digestibility.
“Unlike whey and casein, chicken is non-allergenic and shouldn’t upset your digestive system,” per its CHiKPRO 100% Chicken Protein Isolate’s official website.
The takeaway: whey protein is more ideal after a hard workout (during the post-exercise anabolic window) because of its faster absorption rate.
On the other hand, chicken protein isolate can help you meet your daily protein requirements just as easily as whey protein.
Not only that, BIN 100% CHXN is rich in vitamins (Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, and K) and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc).
Finally, BIN 100% CHXN has rosemary extract as a natural preservative.
You should know by now chicken and rosemary extract go hand in hand.
The latter is a plant which acts as a natural preservative of BIN 100% CHXN.
Long story short, rosemary extract also contains many powerful antioxidants which help ward off nasty free radicals.
Here are some of the other things it can do for your health:
- Helps protect brain cells from aging
- Keeps allergic symptoms at bay
- Helps regulate blood pressure levels
- Increases Vitamin E potency
Kudos to the folks at BIN for selecting a potent ingredient such as rosemary extract – it makes the BIN 100% CHXN experience better.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 100: BIN 100% CHXN’s calorie content is right within the industry average for protein supplements (100 calories or so). It won’t compromise your lean-muscle-building goals in any way.
- Calories from fat, 15: This product is low in fats, as this statistic clearly shows.
- Total fat, 2 g: Still need evidence? BIN 100% CHXN’s total fat content represents just three percent of the daily value (anything five percent or less is low). It’s also low in saturated fats and has zero trans fats. Awesome.
- Cholesterol, 65 mg: Things get a bit tricky here. This supplement is high in cholesterol at 22 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent is high). If you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, better skip this one.
- Sodium, 25 mg: The manufacturer did a good job of limiting the sodium content to a measly one percent of the daily value. Clearly, this product is safe for those who are monitoring their salt intake. Nice.
- Total carbohydrate, 0 g: BIN 100% CHXN has no carbohydrate and sugar content to speak of (this product is unflavored). Having no sugar spares you from artificial sweeteners such as sucralose (which has been linked to several side effects). Far too many supplements have it these days. We’re sure glad BIN 100% CHXN doesn’t have it.
- Protein, 21 g: BIN 100% CHXN’s 21 grams of protein per serving represents a respectable 42 percent of the daily value for this macronutrient. Like we said, it beats other big-name protein supplements such as MyProtein Impact Whey Protein. That’s saying something right there.
- Calcium, 273 mg: Honestly, this one’s a stunner (in a good way, of course). Who would have thought a chicken protein isolate supplement yields an impressive 27 percent of the daily value for calcium? It leaves products such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey (eight percent DV for calcium) in the dust.
- Iron, 2 mg: Hey, it’s chicken we’re talking about here. Animal sources of protein such as beef and chicken are teeming with iron. This mineral helps improve muscular health, regulate body temperature, and boost brain health. Plus, iron helps improve sleep quality. That translates to better and faster recovery. Awesome.
We earlier mentioned the manufacturer hails BIN 100% CHXN as “The New Gold Standard for a Real Chicken Protein Isolate Powder,” per its official website.
Well, the company is spot on.
Here’s the thing: chicken protein isolate is not as popular as whey protein and other protein supplements. That much is clear, folks.
However, BIN 100% CHXN sets the bar high. It would be tough for other competitors to give it a run for its money.
First of all, it has 21 grams of quality protein per serving derived from CHiKPRO 100% Chicken Protein Isolate.
Its official website says it is “real, all-natural, 100 percent American-made chicken protein.”
Just the thought of it whets your appetite, doesn’t it?
The other benefits are just too good to pass up.
You can’t beat a protein source which won’t result in bloating, gives you a ton of amino acids and minerals, and absorbs fairly fast.
On that note, this product seems like a good option after a grueling workout.
However, we say whey protein is still the better choice in this instance because of its superior absorption rate.
Nonetheless, BIN 100% CHXN is a great alternative for individuals who cannot tolerate lactose or gluten.
Plus, BIN 100% CHXN is a great source of BCAAs and l-arginine for more muscle mass and better vasodilation.
It also has rosemary extract, which is rich in antioxidants.
Other pluses: BIN 100% CHXN is low in fats, sodium, and carbs. Better yet, it has zero sugar and trans fats.
You also can’t go wrong with its 27 percent daily value for calcium – your blood pressure, bones, and teeth will all benefit.
This product is also a decent source of iron at 11 percent of the daily value.
The simplicity of the ingredients tells the consumer it is a clean product. No questions asked.
In addition, we give the manufacturer high marks for transparency. No shady proprietary blends whatsoever. Bravo.
Unfortunately, BIN 100% CHXN is not a perfect product.
Its first chink: it has a high cholesterol content at 22 percent of the daily value. Those who are monitoring their cholesterol intake are better off purchasing a different protein supplement.
Finally, BIN 100% CHXN doesn’t come cheap. One 498-gram canister costs $32.79, per its official website.
BIN 100% CHXN Benefits
BIN 100% CHXN has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Great solubility
- 100 percent real chicken protein
- Fast absorption and bioavailability
- No gluten and lactose
- High BCAA content
- Has 180 percent more l-arginine than regular whey protein
We agree with all of these claims. BIN 100% CHXN is an up-and-coming player in the protein supplement industry which can help you meet your daily protein requirements and achieve your fitness goals.
Who Takes It?
BIN 100% CHXN is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who want to build more muscle mass, increase satiety, meet their daily protein requirements, and achieve their fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
BIN 100% CHXN has 22 percent of the daily value for cholesterol. Individuals who are monitoring their cholesterol intake are better off purchasing a protein supplement with a lower cholesterol content.
If this (or any other ingredient) makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
BIN 100% CHXN Summary
- Has CHiKPRO 100% Chicken Protein Isolate. It’s like eating the real thing.
- Twenty-one grams of protein per serving. Represents 42 percent of the daily value.
- Great solubility without the bloating. All good.
- Fast absorption rate. Fast, but not as fast as traditional whey protein.
- Gluten- and lactose-free. Great protein supplement alternative.
- Rich source of l-arginine. For more muscle mass and better vasodilation.
- Natural source of vitamins and minerals. Help boost long-term health.
- Rich in calcium. Represents 27 percent of the daily value.
- Low in fats, sodium, carbs, and sugar. All good.
- Has rosemary extract. Natural preservative rich in antioxidants.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers whatsoever.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer divulges all ingredient amounts.
- High in cholesterol. Twenty-two percent of the daily value.
- Somewhat expensive. $32.79 for a 498-gram canister.
- Unknown reputation. Not as known as its big-name competitors.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 498-gram Canister (21-Day Supply): $32.79
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on BIN 100% CHXN
Our take on BIN 100% CHXN: it’s one of the most attractive alternative sources to whey protein on the market today.
If you have lactose issues or gluten issues, this is the product to turn to.
Chicken may have long been an underrated protein supplement, but not anymore.
We highly recommend you buy BIN 100% CHXN and reap its many benefits today.