We’ve seen several impressive hybrid products before. We get the impression MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED can outdo them – it’s an awesome pre-workout supplement which doubles as a fat burner. Your workouts will never be the same. Let’s see if this review proves our point.
About MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED is the “Explosive Energy Pre-Workout” which is also an “Advanced Weight Loss” formula, per its official website. Formula notes:
- Clear objectives. Manufacturer classifies the product’s ingredients perfectly.
- Versatile. Pre-workout supplement which can double as a fat burner.
- Dirty ingredients. A cleaner formula should be in the offing.
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED Supplement Facts (Icy Rocket Freeze, 210 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7 g)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 30
|Amount Per||1 Scoop||% DV||2 Scoops||%DV|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%*||2 g||<1%*|
|Sugars||0 g||†||0 g||†|
|Niacin (as nicotinic acid)||15 mg||75%||30 mg||150%|
|Sodium||10 mg||<1%||20 mg||<1%|
|Nitric Oxide Blend|
|L-citrulline||1.5 g||†||3 g||†|
|Hawthorn extract (as Crataegus pinnatifida)(berry)||2g|
|Amino Booster Matrix|
|Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn®)||1.2 g||†||2.4 g||†|
|Taurine||500 mg||†||1 g||†|
|Weight Loss Plus Matrix|
|L-carnitine L-tartrate||500 mg||†||1 g||†|
|C.canephora robusta (Robusta coffee)(seed) Standardized for 45% chlorgenic acids||200 mg||†||400 mg||†|
|Rosemary (as Rosmarius officinalis) (leaf)||25 mg||†||50 mg||†|
|Extreme Energy Matrix|
|Caffeine anhydrous||150 mg||†||300 mg||†|
|Yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia yohimbe)(bark) Standardized for 6% yohimbine||20 mg||†||40 mg||†|
|Choline bitartrate||100 mg||†||200 mg||†|
|L-theanine||50 mg||†||100 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Acesulfame-Potassium, Maltodextrin, Sucralose, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), FD&C Blue No. 1.|
To assess individual tolerance, consume 1 scoop of VaporX5™ Ripped in 6 oz. of water per day for up to 3 days, then follow directions below.
DIRECTIONS FOR WEIGHT LOSS:
Mix 1 serving (1 scoop) with 6 oz. of cold water and consume 30 minutes before your 2 largest meals daily. For best results, use for a minimum of 60 days in conjunction with diet and exercise. Do not snack between meals or before bed. Do not exceed 2 servings (2 scoops in a 24-hour period.
DIRECTIONS FOR PRE-WORKOUT:
For more energy, mix 2 servings (2 scoops) with 12 oz. of cold water and consume 30 minutes before your workout. Do not take within 5 hours of bedtime. Read entire label before use and follow directions provided.
Pre-Workout + Advanced Weight Loss Big On Hype
We at B5 Supplements rave about products which serve multiple purposes. For one, they’re practical. Buying one product for the price of many is a dream come true for customers.
Second, achieving several fitness goals with just one supplement makes for one happy consumer. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
On that note, we’re hoping MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED can do it one better. Judging from its extensive ingredients list, we get the feeling it will. The supplement’s name seems like a dead giveaway.
The folks at MuscleTech dub MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED its “Explosive Energy Pre-Workout + Advanced Weight Loss” product. If you’ve always wanted to increase your workout productivity and fat loss, this supplement seems to fit the bill.
You can see this product’s benefits right off the bat. All you need to do is look at the five different blends:
- Nitric Oxide Blend, 1.7 g
- Amino Booster Matrix, 1.7 g
- Weight Loss Plus Matrix, 725 mg
- Extreme Energy Matrix, 170 mg
- Neurosensory Blend, 150 mg
We love it when a manufacturer classifies a supplement’s ingredients properly. That allows the customer to see if the product allows him to achieve his fitness goals. For that, we give props to the folks at MuscleTech.
Nitric Oxide Blend
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED’s Nitric Oxide Blend consists of two key ingredients: 1.5 grams of l-citrulline and 200 milligrams of hawthorn extract (as Crataegus pinnatifida)(berry) per seven-gram scoop.
Consider it a huge plus if your pre-workout has l-citrulline. This non-essential amino acid is a popular and powerful vasodilator. When that happens, you’ll reap the following benefits:
- Improved blood flow
- Efficient nutrient uptake
- Incredible muscle pumps
- Healthier blood pressure levels
We say 1.5 grams of l-citrulline per serving will go a long way. It may not be as much as the likes of GNC BEYOND RAW LIT (three grams per serving), but it will still make a difference.
MusclePharm VaporX5 RIPPED’s hawthorn extract refers to a thorny shrub found in Europe, North America, and East Asia. Some studies suggest its has decent nitric-oxide boosting properties.
However, most of them involved rats as test subjects. No concrete human studies have recorded hawthorn extract’s ability to boost nitric oxide levels. The good news: it helps boost antioxidant protection, regulate cholesterol levels, and improve heart health. You’ll benefit from these, for sure.
Amino Booster Matrix
The main ingredient of MuscleTech Vapor X5 RIPPED’s Amino Booster Matrix is 1.2 grams of beta-alanine (as CarnoSyn) per serving.
We’re stoked this supplement has beta-alanine. Most of our best pre-workout supplements have beta-alanine. This ingredient helps buffer muscle carnosine levels.
When that happens, expect an increased working capacity. This allows you to work out longer and harder. You’re sure to achieve your fitness goals.
Best of all, MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED uses CarnoSyn, the best beta-alanine brand on the market. Nothing else comes close. With that in mind, better grab the opportunity.
We’re also jacked up MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED’s Amino Booster Matrix has 500 milligrams of taurine per scoop. It helps ward off oxidative stress significantly.
In fact, the September 2017 issue of Frontiers of Physiology concluded taurine supplementation “was effective in increasing taurine plasma levels and decreasing oxidative stress markers, which suggest that taurine may prevent oxidative stress in triathletes.”
We think that’s fantastic. When you supplement with taurine, you’ll be able to ward off fatigue and nasty free radicals. This amino acid also has other important benefits:
- Torches fat
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Increases testosterone levels
- Shortens exercise recovery time
- Boosts heart health
- Enhances cognitive function
- Improves sleep quality
MusclePharm VaporX5 RIPPED’s Amino Booster Matrix is the real deal. It will accomplish what it sets out to do.
Weight Loss Plus Matrix
MusclePharm VaporX5 RIPPED’s Weight Loss Plus Matrix has three components:
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 500 mg: This is a form of the fat-burning amino acid l-carnitine bonded to tartaric acid. Simply known as LCLT, this ingredient helps increase muscle mass, ward off soreness, improve oxygen flow, and incinerate fat. Furthermore, LCLT’s fast absorption prowess helps produce more impressive results.
- C. canephora robusta (robusta coffee)(seed), 200 mg: Also known as green coffee, this ingredient is the unroasted version of coffee. Because of that, green coffee maintains its high chlorogenic acid levels, which helps promote weight loss. Some powerful energy boosters such as KAGED MUSCLE PURCAF CAFFEINE have it as well.
- Rosemary (as Rosmarius officinalis)(leaf), 25 mg: This Mediterranean herb helps boost memory and immunity, keep stress levels in check, promote healthier gut function, and stimulate blood flow.
We were thoroughly impressed with MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED’s Weight Loss Plus Matrix. We’re talking about time-tested ingredients here. We’re confident this unique combination will help you torch fat in conjunction with regular exercise and sound nutrition.
Extreme Energy Matrix
The Extreme Energy Matrix has two components: 150 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous and 20 mg of yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia yohimbe) per scoop.
Caffeine anhydrous is the pure, powdered form of caffeine. It helps increase fat loss, endurance, strength, and power. Plus, it helps shorten recovery time.
Many pre-workout supplements include caffeine anhydrous. What makes MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED unique is its green coffee and caffeine anhydrous combination. These are two effective forms of caffeine you won’t find in many supplements.
We said it before, we’ll say it again: caffeine is a double-edged sword. It does perk you up and ramp up antioxidant protection, among other things. However, it can also produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, and sleeplessness. Please take at your own risk.
For its part, yohimbe is an herbal supplement which helps increase alertness, regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and improve sexual function.
After a thorough analysis, we say the Extreme Energy Matrix will live up to its billing. Expect your training sessions to be more explosive. You will feel more revved up for your workouts, for sure.
Your body may be ready for a tough workout, but if your mind is out of it, you won’t get the results you want.
Enter MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED’s Neurosensory Blend, which features 100 milligrams of choline bitartrate and 50 milligrams of l-theanine per scoop.
Choline bitartrate is a natural ingredient found in eggs. It combines choline and a salt of tartaric acid. It has several key benefits:
- Improves memory and mood
- Boosts stamina
- Regulates liver, gall bladder, and kidney function
- Promotes optimal heart health
- Improves vision
As for l-theanine, it’s an amino acid and natural ingredient found in green tea. It helps quell anxiety and neutralize the effects of caffeine. We think this is a wonderful inclusion.
Now, count MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED as one of them. We give this a thumbs up. This supplement is a sure bet to ramp up your mental performance as well.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 20: MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has a measly 20 calories per serving. That much won’t compromise your nutrition and fitness goals.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: This supplement’s less than one percent of the daily value for carbs is low, to say the least. With that, it’ll help complement your low-carb nutrition plan and lean-muscle-building fitness goals.
- Sugars, 0 g: Even though MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has no sugar content, it contains the artificial sweetener sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda). This ingredient has several side effects. Not good.
- Niacin (as nicotinic acid), 15 mg: Simply known as vitamin B3, this ingredient helps promote proper nerve function, regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels, and convert nutrients into energy. A solid 75 percent of the daily value (anything higher than 15 percent is high) should go a long way.
- Sodium, 10 mg: MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has less than one percent of the daily value for sodium. This is a safe bet for individuals who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- L-citrulline, 1.5 g: A non-essential amino acid which helps improve blood flow. This results in better vascularity, more efficient nutrient uptake, healthier blood pressure levels, and impressive muscle pumps.
- Hawthorn extract (as Crataegus pinnatifida)(berry), 200 mg: Some experts insist this thorny shrub helps ramp up nitric oxide levels. However, most of the studies involved rats as test subjects. Nonetheless, hawthorn extract helps ward off nasty free radicals, promote healthy cholesterol levels, and regulate cardiovascular function.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), 1.2 g: This is a naturally-occurring beta amino acid. It helps buffer muscle carnosine levels for increased endurance and greater working capacity. CarnoSyn is the best beta-alanine brand on the market.
- Taurine, 500 mg: This versatile amino acid helps ward off oxidative stress, torch fat, increase testosterone levels, improve insulin function and sleep quality, shorten recovery time, and boost heart health.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 500 mg: This compound is a combination of the fat-burning amino acid l-carnitine and tartaric acid. Simply known as LCLT, this ingredient helps ramp up muscle mass, keep soreness at bay, regulate oxygen flow, and boost fat loss. LCLT’s fast absorption rate helps produce great results.
- C. canephora robusta (robusta coffee)(seed), 200 mg: Simply known as green coffee, this ingredient is the unroasted version of coffee. Experts believe this helps it burn fat better than its roasted counterpart. Two hundred milligrams is roughly equal to two cups of brewed coffee.
- Rosemary (as Rosmarius officinalis)(leaf), 25 mg: This Mediterranean herb helps improve memory, regulate immunity, ward off stress, boost the digestive system, and improve blood flow.
- Caffeine anhydrous, 150 mg: This is the pure, powdered form of caffeine. It helps boost fat loss, endurance, strength, and power. It also helps shorten recovery time between exercise sessions.
- Yohimbe extract (as Pausinystalia yohimbe)(bark)(standardized for six percent yohimbine), 20 mg: Yohimbe is an herbal supplement which helps increase alertness, promote healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and regulate sexual function.
- Choline bitartrate, 100 mg: A natural ingredient found in eggs. Choline bitartrate helps boost memory, enhance mood, increase stamina, boost cardiovascular function, and improve vision.
- L-theanine, 50 mg: A natural ingredient and amino acid found in green tea. L-theanine helps neturalize the effects of caffeine and lower anxiety levels.
Like we said, the manufacturer dubbed MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED its “Explosive Energy Pre-Workout” and “Advanced Weight Loss” product.
After sizing this supplement up, we say it will deliver the goods. The ingredients list says it all. In fact, it’s one of the most unique combinations we’ve seen for this kind of hybrid supplement.
It bears repeating: we’re thoroughly impressed with the company’s attention to detail. We love the way it classified the different components – the customer can tell right away what this supplement can do.
We hope other manufacturers follow suit. It’s all about making things easier for the customer. Take a bow, MuscleTech.
We feel the five different blends will live up to lofty expectations. Our only reservation is with the hawthorn extract inclusion. Experts have conducted very few (if any) studies on human subjects.
If the supplement aims to increase nitric oxide production, l-arginine would have been better (although it has questionable absorption properties).
On the other hand, MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has a plethora of effective bodybuilding ingredients:
- L-carnitine l-tartrate (LCLT)
We love these components. We feel they’re a cut above the rest. Get ready for more insane muscle pumps with l-citrulline. You’ll work out longer and harder when you take beta-alanine. We can’t get enough of taurine’s awesome benefits. We could ramble forever.
Special mention goes to the l-theanine component. It will help neturalize the stimulatory effects of caffeine (MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED is equal to almost four cups of brewed coffee).
This supplement combines both green coffee and caffeine anhydrous. We think that’s unique. This combo will help you torch fat and increase alertness, for sure. Good thing MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has l-theanine to offset their side effects.
Bottom line: you will achieve your pre-workout and fat-loss goals when you consume this product. Special mention goes out to its Neurosensory Blend, which will stimulate you mentally for your workouts.
Why are we confident this product will work? Simple: many customers have sung its praises. They swear by MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED. We’re confident you will, too.
We also give a thumbs up to the manufacturer’s transparency – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts. It has no shady proprietary blends, either. That is awesome, to say the least.
Unfortunately, this supplement is not perfect. Dirty ingredients pull its value down. These components have certain side effects:
- Sucralose: weight gain and increase of appetite
- Carrageenan: inflammation, carcinogenicity, and diabetes
- FD&C Blue No. 1: bronchoconstriction
That’s a shame. MuscleTech has a reputation for manufacturing supplements with fillers. It’s too bad the trend did not end with MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED.
Had the manufacturer not included those, we would have given this supplement a higher grade. For now, it’s still a good product. However, we’re clamoring for a cleaner formula. Here’s hoping the folks at MuscleTech oblige.
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED Benefits
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Increases focus
- Boosts weight loss
- Ramps up energy levels
We agree with all of these claims. MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED is an effective pre-workout with great fat-burning properties. Try it and feel the difference.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED for healthy and active individuals over the age of 18. Among their fitness goals include increased energy levels, more fat loss, improved blood flow, and enhanced cognitive function.
Any Side Effects?
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED contains several ingredients with certain side effects:
- Niacin (vitamin B3): niacin flush (a tingling sensation in the face, neck, and chest areas).
- Beta-alanine: beta-alanine itch
- Sucralose: increases weight gain and appetite
- Carrageenan: inflammation, carcinogenicity, and diabetes
- FD&C Blue No. 1: bronchoconstriction
- Caffeine (350 milligrams from green coffee and caffeine anhydrous): spike-crash effect, restlessness, sleeplessness, gastric distress and jitters
If these (or any other ingredient) concern you, please consult your physician prior to buying MusclePharm VaporX5 RIPPED.
Finally, the manufacturer also issues a warning:
MusclePharm VaporX5 RIPPED Review Summary
- Great ingredient combination. One of the most unique and complete we’ve seen in a hybrid product.
- Clear objectives. Customers can see this in the different ingredient blends.
- Versatile. Pre-workout supplement which can double as a fat burner.
- L-citrulline content. Helps improve blood flow and increase muscle pumps.
- Taurine. Versatile amino acid with impressive fitness benefits.
- Neurosensory Blend. Helps stimulate the mind for a tough workout.
- Low in carbs and calories. Will complement any low-carb and lean-muscle-building goal.
- Green coffee and caffeine anhydrous. Although they increase energy levels and boost fat loss, they also have side effects.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts. Thumbs up.
- Great reputation. Customers have sung this supplement’s praises.
- Two flavors. Icy Rocket Freeze and Strawberry Limeade. Try them today.
- Fillers. Sucralose, carrageenan, and FD&C Blue No. 1. Boo.
- Side effects. Traced to fillers and caffeine content. Consume at your own risk.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 210-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $29.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED
From the looks of things, MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED is the ultimate pre-workout and fat burner hybrid product. The ingredient combination speaks volumes.
On that note, we’re confident this supplement will help you achieve your fitness goals. When you also pay attention to your training, eating, and sleeping habits, you’ll get fantastic results.
MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED is by no means a perfect product. Please pay attention to its fillers and side effects. Again, please consume at your own risk. Memo to the manufacturer: we want a cleaner formula. The sooner, the better.
We recommend you try (even buy) MuscleTech VaporX5 RIPPED. When a cleaner version comes out, we’ll wholeheartedly recommend you buy it regularly.