The moment you get a taste of its 11.5 g formulation you know this preworkout’s packing serious heat. With three well-designed blends that has you covered from pump to performance to focus, MusclePharm Assault is definitely not messing around bro.
But will their blends be enough to get you into Assault mode? Let’s dive right in and find out.
About MusclePharm Assault
MusclePharm Assault is touted to have a strength and endurance formula that aims to be the athlete’s preworkout. Looking at the label they seem to have a lot of things to prove so let’s see what they got in store for us. Formula notes:
- Good serving size: One scoop is 11.5 g of Assault powder. Not too big but not too small.
- Carnosyn®: Carnosyn is a fan favorite and its presence is a sign of quality.
- No prop blend: MusclePharm Assault takes pride in their transparency.
MusclePharm Assault Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 11.5 g (1 scoop)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Sodium (as Sodium Citrate)||10 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||300 mg|
|Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate)||40 IU|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI)||20 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||50 mcg|
|Strength & Performance|
|Creatine Monohydrate||3 g|
|CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine||1.75 g|
|Betaine Anhydrous||1.5 g|
|Energy & Focus|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||250 mg|
Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.
|Directions for use: Mix one serving (1 scoop) of Assault in 8-12 fl. oz. of cold water and drink 20-30 minutes before training. Do not exceed one serving per day.|
Simple and straight to the point, MusclePharm Assault got you covered for each lift.
MusclePharm’s Assault looks like it’s about to attack your body with ingredients optimized to let you feel energized, focused, and pumped up for your workout. Its blends has you covered right from the first lift all the way to the last. It’s a preworkout with a bit of recovery included and really shapes up to be something worth trying out. Let’s break down the many ingredients in this formula:
- Vitamins. We have to applaud their use of good forms for their vitamins. These may not be the major ingredients but they do serve a purpose specially for recovery.
Strength & Performance
This blend is for giving you long-lasting pumps for long-lasting workouts.
- Creatine Monohydrate. Arguably the only creatine you should be taking, this preworkout ingredient lets your muscles work their best specially during crucial lifts.
- Carnosyn®: a premium form of Beta Alanine. It’s easier for the body to tolerate and use in large doses.
- Betaine. Probably one of the best ingredients in any preworkout, Betaine is capable of boosting metabolism, spikes nitric oxide production, and acts as creatine’s sidekick.
This blend exists to support nutrient absorption that will fuel workouts and recovery.
- Taurine. This amino acid is capable of boosting muscle hydration, recovery, and adding up to more pumps!
- L-Glycine. Non-essential amino acid. Helps improve recovery, muscle gain, and sleep.
Energy & Focus
This blend is hinged on making sure you don’t get distracted and you’re well supplied with the right amount of energy for more reps!
- Caffeine. Love it or hate it, Caffeine will always find a way to get into your supplements.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine. This nootropic boosts acetylcholine and improves memory. It may also have some form of “brain energy” benefits. Not sure about the “focus” angle but then again Caffeine can do that too.
MusclePharm Assault has all the makings of a decent PWO that acts like a team: it has you covered on energy, performance, pumps, and even recovery. It also makes use of patented ingredients such as Carnosyn which shows they’re not messing around when they say they got you covered head to toe.
We specially like the Strength & Performance blend due to the way the three ingredients just work well with each other. Creatine + Beta Alanine + Betaine = Super lifts each time you rack up the iron.
Their dosing may seem small for veterans but the fact that the dosing is transparent makes this preworkout very, very stackable. Can you imagine the power this preworkout could bring if you add pump powerhouse Citrulline? Or maybe if you add more Creatine for more muscle endurance? The possibilities are endless.
Overall, Assault is a properly structured preworkout. It has your back from start to finish and its extra recovery benefits should make you feel good to go as soon as possible.
MusclePharm Assault Benefits
Energy and pumps all throughout your workout and maybe well after that. It’s also made to help you recover faster post-workout and train more efficiently each time.
Who Takes It?
Assault is definitely targeted at all kinds of athletes. They also have a claim of being Banned-Substance Tested which tells us they want professional athletes to use Assault without worrying about drug tests.
Any Side Effects?
Probably. Assault has a big scoop per serving and with many ingredients crammed into one chug something can definitely go wrong. Users report of having an upset stomach, bloating, and even cases of diarrhea. Blame it on the creatine.
MusclePharm Assault Summary
- Smart formulation. Has you covered from start to finish.
- Carnosyn®. We just like it in any formula.
- Good forms. They invested well in research.
- Focused ingredients. Each blend works together to bring desired results.
- Good price. Attractively priced.
- Small doses. Some extra stacking required.
- Side effects. Known to give some users an upset stomach.
- Reviews. It’s a new formula and a good number of users don’t like it.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $26.99
- Available in online retail stores
Final Word on MusclePharm Assault
MusclePharm’s Assault came out pretty good in terms of dosing and ingredient choices. It’s not too strong that newbs shouldn’t try it but it’s not too weak either that it won’t work. If you’ve been taking strong supplements for a long time, then this might not be for you unless you stack. We recommend it as a starting point since beginners should get a kick out of this.