It’s about time we size up a pre-workout supplement which can double as an energy booster and nootropic. This review of Force Factor Fuego Pre-Workout Firestarter will help you decide if this versatile pre-workout lives up to the hype — or fizzles like a wet firecracker. Let’s light the fuse and see what’s up!
About Force Factor Fuego
According to industry-leading sports nutrition company Force Factor, Fuego is “The Ultimate Pre-Workout Firestarter” which helps improve the quality of your workouts by boosting energy, focus, clarity, strength endurance and more. Formula notes:
- Solid B vitamin levels. Folic acid has the lowest amount at 200 percent of the daily value.
- Three-grams of l-citrulline per scoop. An amino acid which helps increase vascularity and muscle pumps.
- L-theanine content. An amino acid more commonly found in nootropics which helps neturalize the effects of caffeine while promoting relaxation and alertness.
Force Factor Fuego Review – Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (10 g)|
Servings Per Container: Approximately 20
Arctic Gumball flavor
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||4 mg||267%|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||8 mg||400%|
|Folate (folic acid)||800 mcg||200%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||30 mcg||500%|
|Firestarter Energy Complex||1560 mg||*|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||250 mg||*|
|TeaCrine® TheaCrine (tetramethyluric acid)||50 mg||*|
|Toothed Clubmoss (Huperzia serrata)||10 mg||*|
|Strength and Performance Matrix||6000 mg||*|
|PeakO2® Blend||1000 mg||*|
|Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii), Shiitake (Letninula edodes), Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)|
|BioPerine® Black Pepper Fruit Extract||10 mg||*|
|Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silica, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Blue #1.|
|DIRECTIONS: Mix 1 scoop with 8 oz. of cold water 15-20 minutes before working out. If you are unaccustomed to pre-workouts, begin with 1/2 scoop until you have assessed your tolerance. Do not exceed 1 scoop per day.|
Pre-Workout Firestarter could be a powderkeg.
If you stumble upon a bodybuilding supplement name with the word “Fuego,” we’re sure it’ll pique your interest. Just so you know, it means “fire” in Spanish. A pre-workout product which can fire you up makes sense to us.
Well, make way for our Force Factor Fuego review. The manufacturer dubs this product its “Pre-Workout Firestarter.” It may sound like a circus act, but this powder supplement doesn’t clown around.
According to Force Factor®, Fuego’s synergistic ingredients guarantee you get the most out of your workout.
Not only that, but the same source claims it raises the bar for pre-workouts. The company says you won’t find another better-tasting and effective pre-workout supplement.
Well, maximizing a workout is the goal of every fitness enthusiast. They live busy lives. Making the most out of the 60 minutes or so they’re in the gym is a must.
If Force Factor Fuego can do that better than other pre-workouts, it will live up to the hype. We’re crossing our fingers.
The first thing you see in the ingredient list is the solid amounts of B vitamins. In general, these help increase energy levels and improve heart health:
- Thiamin (vitamin B1): 267 percent of the daily value
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride): 400 percent of the daily value
- Folate (folic acid or vitamin B9): 200 percent of the daily value
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin): 500 percent of the daily value
Next up is Force Factor Fuego’s Firestarter Energy Complex.
Firestarter Energy Complex, 1560 mg
In this blend, you’ll find a combination of usual and rare pre-workout ingredients.
L-tyrosine is the most abundant ingredient at 1,000 milligrams per serving. This conditionally-essential amino acid has several important benefits:
- Helps keep stress levels in check
- Enhances brain function
- Increases drive and focus
- Ramps up endurance
We’re not surprised the manufacturer places a premium on l-tyrosine. Especially in the NALT form, Tyrosine has gained traction as a pre-workout because it boosts brain chemicals associated with training intensity while fighting the negative mental effects of stress. Hardcore training is stressful to body and mind. To say the least.
Force Factor Fuego also has 250 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous per scoop. Bear in mind this is a pure form of powdered caffeine – arguably the most popular stimulant around.
Combining the powers of B vitamins and caffeine will do wonders for your energy levels.
If you feel sluggish, these ingredients should perk you up. Your workouts will improve.
However, caffeine has downsides. While it has great benefits (more fat loss, improved physical performance, and increased antioxidant protection), it may also result in sleeplessness, spike-crash effects, and jitters. It’s a double-edged sword.
That’s why we’re glad Force Factor Fuego has l-theanine. This is an amino acid and natural ingredient of green tea.
L-theanine helps offset the effects of caffeine. Some second-rate pre-workout supplement can make you feel wired for hours. Force Factor Fuego’s l-theanine component ensures you won’t. It’s no wonder other pre-workouts such as 4 Gauge have it.
Fore Factor Fuego also has 50 milligrams of TeaCrine Thecrine (tetramethyluric acid) per serving. This purine alkaloid compound is found in many nootropics. It has several unique benefits:
- Helps increase physical and mental energy.
- Wards off inflammation
- Keeps stress levels in check
- Stifles free radical activity
We’re confident you’ll reap these long-term health benefits when you consume Force Factor Fuego. We’re hoping other pre-workout supplements include theacrine in their formulas.
This product’s Firestarter Energy Complex’s final ingredient is 10 milligrams of toothed clubmoss (Huperzia serrata) per serving. This club moss helps regulate the nervous system, ward off inflammation, and keep oxidative stress at bay.
On the other hand, take Force Factor Fuego’s Strength and Performance Matrix for what it means. This six-gram blend will help you conquer these fitness aspects, for sure.
First up is three grams of l-citrulline per scoop. This is a popular non-essential alpha amino acid. It’s a big hit among fitness enthusiasts because it acts as a powerful vasodilator.
Improved blood flow results in insane muscle pumps, healthier blood pressure levels, and improved nutrient uptake. These get the attention of many bodybuilding fans.
L-citrulline also has other vital benefits:
- Helps boost heart health
- Improves exercise performance
- Promotes healthy sexual function
- Keeps free radicals at bay
- Regulates ammonia levels
The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research published a study in May 2010 (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov). It concluded l-citrulline might boost athletic performance among strength-training athletes. In addition, it might also keep post-workout soreness at bay.
We say thumbs up to the inclusion of l-citrulline in Force Factor Fuego. This ingredient has a proven track record.
Next up is two grams of taurine per serving. We consider this one of the most versatile amino acids. It helps lower stress levels, torch fat, ramp up testosterone levels, and increase exercise performance. Taurine is a great pre-workout asset.
On the other hand, Force Factor Fuego’s PeakO2 Blend takes up one gram per scoop.
Here, you’ll find ingredients such as cordyceps, reishi, King Trumpet, shiitake, Lion’s Mane, and turkey tail. We’re certain these natural ingredients will help improve your performance at the gym.
Unfortunately, Force Factor’s PeakO2 Blend is proprietary in nature. Notice the manufacturer fails to break down the individual ingredient amounts.
We’re critical of proprietary blends because the customer has no idea how much of each ingredient he’s consuming. That’s never a good thing.
Finally, Force Factor Fuego has 10 milligrams of BioPerine black pepper fruit extract per serving. This ingredient helps improve bioavailability for better overall results.
All in all, Force Factor Fuego is a versatile pre-workout supplement. It’s also unique because it has certain properties of energy boosters and nootropics.
It’s not a perfect pre-workout (it has fillers such as sucralose and FD&C Blue No. 1), but it’ still worth a shot.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Thiamin (vitamin B1), 4 mg: Vitamin B1 helps increase energy levels and regulate cardiovascular function. A solid 267 percent of the daily value is a sure bet.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 8 mg: This B vitamin helps boost heart and kidney health. It also helps regulate the immune and nervous systems. An incredible 400 percent of the daily value will give you great results.
- Folate (folic acid), 800 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B9, this ingredient helps quell anxiety, repair skin cells, increase antioxidant protection, boost heart health, and increase muscle mass. Two hundred percent of the daily value should help you reap these impressive benefits.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 30 mcg: Just like vitamin B1, vitamin B12 helps improve heart health and ramp up energy levels. It’s Force Factor Fuego’s most abundant B vitamin at 500 percent of the daily value.
- L-tyrosine, 1,000 mg: An amino acid which helps keep stress levels in check and increase exercise endurance.
- Caffeine anhydrous, 250 mg: This is a pure, powdered form of caffeine. Force Factor Fuego’s caffeine content is roughly equal to two cups of coffee.
- L-theanine, 250 mg: L-theanine is an amino acid and natural ingredient found in green tea. It helps quell anxiety and neturalize the stimulatory effects of caffeine.
- TeaCrine theacrine (tetramethyluric acid), 50 mg: This purine alkaloid helps increase energy levels, ward off inflammation, and keep stress levels in check.
- Toothed clubmoss (Huperzia serrata), 10 mg: A club moss which helps regulate nervous system function and keep oxidative stress levels in check.
- L-citrulline, 3,000 mg: This popular non-essential amino acid helps increase vasodilation, boost heart health, improve exercise performance, support nitric oxide and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- Taurine, 2,000 mg: A versatile amino acid which helps boost fat loss, regulate cardiovascular function, raise testosterone levels, and increase exercise performance.
PeakO2 Blend, 1,000 mg
- Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris): This mushroom helps regulate blood sugar levels, boost heart and kidney health, strengthen the immune system, and ward off fatigue.
- Reishi (Gandoderma lucidum): A mushroom which helps enhance cognitive function, boost the immune system, keep free radicals at bay, regulate cholesterol levels, and increase energy levels.
- King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii): Also known as the King Oyster mushroom, this ingredient helps ward off free radicals, regulate cholesterol levels, and increase energy levels.
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes): This mushroom helps keep obesity at bay, regulate immune system function, stifle free radical activity, boost heart health, and ramp up energy levels.
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus): A mushroom which helps boost brain health, ward off inflammation, keep free radicals at bay, and improve well-being.
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor): This mushroom specie helps ward off the common cold, boost digestion, and keep free radicals at bay.
We earlier mentioned the manufacturer dubbed Force Factor Fuego its “Pre-Workout Firestarter.” Well, we say this pre-workout supplement is on fire. It’s unique ingredient combination make it a special product.
You start off with the impressive B vitamin levels. You can’t go wrong with these. They help ramp up energy levels and improve heart health.
In fact, this product’s B vitamin arsenal compares to some multivitamins and energy boosters. Just how many pre-workout supplements can boast of that feature? Not too many.
Force Factor Fuego’s Firestarter Energy Complex is also ablaze.
The combination of l-tyrosine, caffeine anhydrous, TeaCrine theacrine, and toothed clubmoss is sure to ramp up your energy levels.
If you’re concerned about the caffeine content, l-theanine will help put your doubts to rest. Like we said, this amino acid helps neutralize caffeine’s stimulatory effects.
With that, Force Factor Fuego joins the likes of 4 Gauge. These are the few pre-workouts on the market which have l-theanine. You don’t have to worry about jitters and sleepless nights anymore.
- On that note, caffeine is caffeine. We at B5 Supplements prefer products which resort to more natural pathways.
Force Factor Fuego’s Strength and Performance Matrix also impressed us.
When you combine l-citrulline, taurine, and a powerful mushroom blend, you get a unique stack we have not seen in other supplements. Exotics and proven performance-enhancers, all in one.
The inclusion of BioPerine black pepper fruit extract is a great added touch. It will improve bioavailability. When that happens, your overall results will improve.
Force Factor Fuego may be impressive, but it’s not flawless. Aside from its caffeine content, it has several other shortcomings.
The manufacturer comes up short on transparency. It doesn’t divulge the individual ingredient amounts of the PeakO2 Blend. That doesn’t do the customer any justice.
Force Factor Fuego also has several “dirty” ingredients.
It contains sucralose, an artificial sweetener with several side effects. It also has FD&C Blue No. 1, an artificial food coloring with side effects of its own. The manufacturer could have used natural ingredients such as stevia and beetroot instead.
Finally, Force Factor Fuego doesn’t enjoy the stellar reputation of other pre-workouts. It’s strange, considering the product has one of the catchiest names we’ve seen.
We’re guessing the proprietary blend and fillers have a lot to do with that. The manufacturer shouldn’t have ruined a good thing.
If the folks at Force Factor, LLC do away with those, we’re certain this pre-workout supplement will earn even more recognition.
Force Factor Fuego Benefits
Force Factor Fuego has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps increase energy and focus
- Maximizes strength, power, and endurance
- Increases vascularity and muscle pumps
We agree with these claims. Force Factor Fuego is a powerful pre-workout supplement which can make a difference in your workouts.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Force Factor Fuego for individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to ramp up endurance, maximize power, increase vascularity, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Force Factor Fuego contains 250 milligrams of caffeine per scoop. This much is equal to around two cups of coffee. Individuals who are sensitive to caffeine should take the necessary precautions. This pre-workout supplement also contains sucralose and FD&C Blue No. 1, which may be linked to side effects in those who are sensitive to synthetics. If these make you doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Force Factor Fuego.
Force Factor Fuego Review Summary
- Impressive ingredient combination. This product’s components will help improve the quality of your workouts.
- Versatile. Force Factor Fuego can double as an energy booster and nootropic.
- Solid B vitamin amounts. These help increase energy levels and boost heart health.
- L-theanine content. This is a natural ingredient which helps neturalize the effects of caffeine.
- Three grams of l-citrulline per scoop. This amino acid is a sure bet to increase vascularity and muscle pumps.
- Two grams of taurine per serving. Quite simply, it’s one of the most versatile amino acids around.
- Flavors! Blue razz, fruit punch and arctic gumball. YOU CHOOSE.
- Caffeine content. This may produce jitters, sleeplessness, and a spike-crash effect.
- Proprietary blend. The company doesn’t reveal the individual ingredient amounts of the PeakO2 Blend.
- Dirty ingredients. It’s a shame this supplement contains sucralose and FD&C Blue No. 1.
- Reputation. Force Factor Fuego doesn’t have the stellar reviews of other pre-workouts.
Prices & Where to Buy
- 1 200-gram container (20-Day Supply): $34.99
- Available online and in retail, including GNC and Amazon
Final Word on Force Factor Fuego
When we first laid eyes on Force Factor Fuego, we thought it would blow us away. It did at first. However, its value plummeted as we probed deeper.
Don’t get us wrong, it does have its upsides. It has excellent B vitamin content. It also has l-theanine, l-citrulline, and taurine – three ingredients we highly recommend.
Unfortunately, mediocre transparency, fillers, and a less-than-stellar reputation pulled this supplement’s value down. It’s clear it doesn’t deserve a spot in our best B5 pre-workout supplements list.
Nonetheless, we recommend you at least try Force Factor Fuego. If the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner advanced formula, buy it.