Perhaps some of the pre-workout formulations on the market leave you dazed and confused. Don’t fret: Controlled Labs White Flash’s impressive formulation will leave you speechless, as you’ll find out in this review.
About Controlled Labs White Flash
Controlled Labs White Flash “is the premier pump-producing product featuring VASO6, a natural and patented ingredient for nitric oxide production and blood flow, clinically proven to increase vasodilation by 50 percent,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Excellent formulation. Guaranteed to help fire you up for your workouts.
- Insane source of vitamin B12. At an incredible 4,167 percent of the daily value, it’s one of the highest among pre-workouts.
- Expensive. One 318-gram container costs $66.99, per its official website.
Controlled Labs White Flash Supplement Facts (Cherry Limeade, 318 grams)
|Serving Size: ∼1 Scoop (15.92 grams)(20cc scoop)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||10 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||250 mcg||4,167%|
|Betaine Anhydrous||4 g||**|
|Agmatine Sulfate||750 mg||**|
|Hericium erinaceus Mushroom Powder (Lion’s Mane Mushroomo Powder)||500 mg||**|
|Caffeine Anhydrous||300 mg||**|
|VASO6™ Green Tea Leaf Extract||300 mg||**|
|AstraGin™ (Astragalus Root Extract and Tienchi Ginseng Root Extract)||50 mg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Calcium Silicate, Sodium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.|
|Initial (first serving) Directions: To assess your individual tolerance to the supplement, combine 1/2 scoop of WHITE FLASH™ with 6-8 oz. of cold water and consume it before your workout. Shake well before drinking. If you experience any unusual occurrence, stop and consult your doctor.
Directions for Regular Use: Combine 1 serving of WHITE FLASH™ with 12-16 oz. of cold water (you may adjust the amount of water used based on your particular flavor concentration desire) and consume it 30 minutes pre-workout. For best results, WHITE FLASH™ should be used in conjunction with other Controlled Labs™ products, with adequate liquid/water per day, and a sensible diet. For more details on optimizing your results, please see www.ControlledLabs.com.
Pre-Workout Energy, Endurance, & Nitric Oxide Enhancer
If there’s one thing many bodybuilding enthusiasts crave for prior to a hard workout at the gym, it’s muscle pumps. We’re talking about serious muscle pumps where the veins pop out. Nothing beats it – when you experience it, you feel invincible.
We have seen many pre-workout supplements which ramp up nitric oxide levels. Simply known as N.O., this molecule engorges your veins. That’s when you start to feel its incredible vasodilation effects. When you take a product such as, say, eFlow Nutrition ENFLATE (which has four grams of citrulline malate per serving), you will feel like cranking out more reps at your fitness center.
If you think that will blow you away, wait until you try Dymatize Pre W.O., a sure-fire nitric oxide booster which has an insane eight grams of citrulline malate per scoop. Your workouts will never be the same.
On that note, let’s see if Controlled Labs White Flash can help rev up your engine. This “is the premier pump-producing product featuring VASO6, a natural and patented ingredient for nitric oxide production and blood flow, clinically proven to increase vasodilation by 50 percent,” per its official website.
“In addition to VASO6, White Flash contains nine other ingredients designed to enhance blood flow, improve focus, and deliver massive amounts of energy,” per the same source.
It seems to us Controlled Labs White Flash is a pre-workout supplement which covers all the bases. Increasing muscle pumps is just one facet of pre-workout supplementation. If a bodybuilding product can also boost focus and energy levels prior to training, much better.
L-Citrulline, 5 grams
Controlled Labs White Flash features 12 key ingredients, which take up a grand total of 15.92 grams per scoop. Leading the charge are five grams of l-citrulline per serving.
There’s no question citrulline is one of the most popular pre-workout supplement ingredients. It ranks right up there with the likes of beta-alanine and creatine. The reason is simple: this non-essential amino acid and natural ingredient of watermelon is a powerful vasodilator.
This component “provides huge boosts to training volume and stimulates nitric oxide production. More training volume. Bigger pumps. Maximized gains,” per the manufacturer’s official website. In other words, citrulline helps improve blood flow for increased muscle pumps, improved nutrient uptake, and healthier blood pressure levels.
Plus, “l-citrulline supplementation, but not acute ingestion, have shown to improve exercise performance in young healthy adults,” per Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care’s January 2017 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov). Long story, short l-citrulline is an absolute must in any pre-workout supplement arsenal. While five grams of l-citrulline per serving isn’t the most we’ve seen in a pre-workout, it should go a long way. No question about it.
Betaine anhydrous, 4 grams
Controlled Labs White Flash’s second key ingredient is betaine anhydrous, which takes up four grams per serving. This component is a combination of the amino acid glycine and three methyl groups. It also acts as a precursor to methionine, an amino acid which helps synthesize the muscle-building organic acid creatine. If that didn’t excite you, we don’t know what will.
“Six weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, muscle size, work capacity, attenuated a rise in HCTL (homocysteine thiolactone), tended to improve power (but not strength) in resistance-trained men.” per the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition’s August 22, 2013 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov). It’s clear to see why betaine anhydrous is a bona fide pre-workout superstar. We’re confident four grams per serving (which easily tops the 2.5 grams per scoop of the impressive Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED) will give you a fast return on your investment.
L-Tyrosine, 1.5 grams
The next key component of Controlled Labs White Flash is l-tyrosine, which takes up 1.5 grams per serving. This amino acid helps boost cognitive function, regulate thyroid function, ramp up dopamine levels, and keep exercise-related stress at bay.
“Tyrosine supplementation does appear to consistently attenuate losses in cognitive function when individuals are exposed to challenging environments. As many sporting situations are highly dependent on effective decision-making and the successful execution of fine and gross motor skills, this would be desirable, despite no apparent benefit to physical performance,” per the Gatorade Sports Science Institute’s official website.
The implication: consuming l-tyrosine should help sharpen your mental performance in the gym. If your mind is giving out, l-tyrosine should give you that extra mental push you need. No wonder you can find this impressive ingredient in many nootropics. We’re glad it’s in Controlled Labs White Flash.
Agmatine Sulfate, 750 milligrams
Controlled Labs White Flash has 750 milligrams of agmatine sulfate per serving. This component “stimulates many processes that are essential during a hard training session for optimal pump and energy on the mind and at a molecular level,” per the company’s official website.
While agmatine (a natural metabolite of the nitric-oxide-boosting alpha amino acid l-arginine) doesn’t enjoy the stellar vasodilatory effects of l-citrulline, experts have touched on the former’s effect on nitric oxide production more than 20 years ago. In fact, the Proceedings of the Association of American Physicians’ January 1997 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) says, “Agmatine appears to act directly on endothelial cells to increase the synthesis of nitric oxide, a vasodilatory substance.”
Studies on agmatine as a vasodilator aren’t as exhaustive as those on l-citrulline. However, if the 1997 finding is any indication, agmatine does have promise as a nitric oxide booster. We’re confident the combination of l-citrulline and agmatine sulfate in Controlled Labs White Flash will help give you the most incredible muscle pumps of your life.
Hericium erinacaeus Mushroom Powder (Lion’s Mane Mushroom Powder), 500 milligrams
Controlled Labs Mushroom Powder also has 500 milligrams of Hericium erinacaeus mushroom powder (lion’s mane mushroom powder) per scoop.
This is an edible mushroom which “exhibits strong nootropic (cognitive-enhancing) properties via increasing nerve growth factors (NGFs) in the brain,” per the manufacturer’s official website. On that note, we believe Controlled Labs White Flash’s lion’s mane mushroom powder and l-tyrosine components form a solid 1-2 mental-boosting punch. There are days when you’re not mentally sharp at the gym. This combo should help you stay at the top of your game.
Lion’s mane mushroom powder also has several other crucial health benefits:
- Enhances nerve regeneration
- Quells anxiety
- Regulates immunity and blood sugar levels
- Keeps free radicals and fatigue at bay
- Stifles bacterial activity
- Wards off inflammation
- Improves heart, skin, and liver health
- Boosts circulation
Long story short, lion’s mane mushroom powder won’t just fire you up mentally, but it’ll also boost your long-term health. It’s a great inclusion in Controlled Labs White Flash.
Caffeine Anhydrous, 300 milligrams
Controlled Labs White Flash has 300 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous – the pure, powdered form of caffeine – per scoop. Caffeine is arguably the most popular stimulant among bodybuilding enthusiasts, and with good reason: “Lower caffeine doses (≤3 mg/kg bm [body mass], ∼ 200 mg) taken before exercise also increase athletic performance, and recent evidence has demonstrated an ergogenic effect of low and very low doses of caffeine taken late in prolonged exercise,” per the the New Zealand journal Sports Medicine’s October 30, 2014 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov). Therefore, if you want to perk yourself up before a rigorous training session caffeine can help you.
Caffeine also has other impressive health benefits:
- Increases energy levels and fat burning
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Boosts liver health
- Wards off depression and free radicals
- May increase longevity
Caffeine does have tremendous upsides. However, consuming too much may result in a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness. Controlled Labs White Flash’s 300 milligrams of caffeine per serving is like consuming three cups of brewed coffee. The clear takeaway: caffeine is a double-edged sword. Proceed with caution.
VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract, 300 milligrams
The next key ingredient is VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract, which takes up 300 milligrams per 15.92-gram scoop. This component’s manufacturer’s official webpage says it’s a “new, natural, and patented ingredient for nitric oxide production and blood flow” and “a proprietary green tea oligomer containing levels of specific vasodilating catechins found within the plant.”
“VASO6 increases nitric oxide production. More nitric oxide in the bloodstream results in endothelial-dependent relaxation (EDR). This is valuable for delivering more oxygen to muscle for greater ATP production and power, as well as nutrient delivery. Results: better performance in the gym,” per the same source.
The Journal of Nutrition’s August 1, 2008 issue backs this up perfectly. It says, “Several lines of clinical and experimental evidence also indicate that tea flavonols may protect against CVD (cardiovascular disease) by improving endothelial function, increasing NO (nitric oxide) availability, and decreasing blood pressure levels, thereby suggesting fascinating new realms for dietetic cardiovascular prevention.”
If you want to increase muscle pumps, green tea extract should be one of your go-to ingredients. The good news: Controlled Labs White Flash’s citrulline, agmatine sulfate, and VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract components join forces to give you insane muscle pumps for your workouts. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
L-Theanine, 100 milligrams
Controlled Labs White Flash also has 100 milligrams of l-theanine per serving. This amino acid and natural ingredient of green tea which helps quell anxiety and neutralize the stimulatory effects of caffeine. More and more pre-workouts use smart caffeine formulations (caffeine plus l-theanine). Case in point: 4 Gauge and Optimum Nutrition PRO PRE. We’re pleased Controlled Labs White Flash follows in their footsteps.
This supplement’s 300 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous per serving may keep you wired, especially if you take it at night. L-theanine’s inhibitory nature should help put you at ease. Granted, Controlled Labs White Flash’s 100 milligrams of l-theanine per scoop aren’t as much as the likes of Optimum Nutrition PRO PRE (200 milligrams per serving), but it should do the trick.
In addition, l-theanine helps keep stress levels in check, increase weight loss, and improve sleep quality. Many pre-workouts may produce those unwanted jitters (due to excess caffeine). We’re thankful Controlled Labs White Flash is one step ahead of the competition with the inclusion of l-theanine.
AstraGin (Astragalus Root Extract and Tienchi Ginseng Root Extract), 50 milligrams
The next key ingredient is AstraGin (Astragalus root extract and Tienchi ginseng extract), which takes up 50 milligrams per serving. This is an “exclusive absorption-enhancing ingredient proven in a dozen pre-clinical studies to support ingredient bioavailability,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Bottom line: any time an ingredient helps improve nutrient absorption for better overall results, it’s a keeper. AstraGin will do just that for you, and then some:
- Keeps inflammation, flu, and the common cold at bay
- Regulates immunity and blood sugar levels
- Improves cardiovascular function
- Slows down the aging process
We’re sure you’ll reap all of these benefits when you consume AstraGin. We think it’s awesome it’s in Controlled Labs White Flash.
Theobromine, 20 milligrams
Controlled Labs White Flash’s 20 milligrams of theobromine per scoop gives those craving for intense muscle pumps reason to rejoice. This natural ingredient of cocoa extract and dark chocolate acts as a vasodilator to help relax the blood vessels.
“Cocoa flavonols have been shown to cause NO-dependent vasodilation in (rats) and in humans,” per the journal Hypertension’s November 2010 issue (via AHAjournals.org). Never mind the fact Controlled Labs White Flash’s five grams of l-citrulline per serving isn’t the most among pre-workouts (although it’s still a darn good amount). When you factor in other nitric oxide boosters such as agmatine sulfate, VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract, and theobromine, you will experience incredible muscle pumps when you take this supplement.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 10 mg: This B vitamin helps improve heart and kidney health and regulate the nervous and immune systems. Controlled Labs White Flash has an impressive 500 percent of the daily value for vitamin B6 (a minimum daily value of 15 percent is high) – a figure at par with many leading multivitamins. That’s saying a lot.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), 250 mcg: This B vitamin helps keep free radicals at bay, boost cardiovascular function, ward off fatigue, regulate nervous system function, and play a key role in red blood cell formation. Controlled Labs White Flash boasts of an insane 4,167 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12 – one of the highest amounts we’ve ever seen for a pre-workout supplement. That much is sure to fire you up for the toughest workouts.
- L-citrulline, 5 g: A natural ingredient of watermelon and powerful vasodilator which helps relax the blood vessels and promote healthy blood pressure levels. Moreover, l-citrulline helps increase muscle pumps and blood flow. It also helps improve nutrient uptake. Controlled Labs White Flash’s five grams of l-citrulline per serving should be up to the daunting task.
- Betaine anhydrous, 4 g: A compound which acts as a precursor to the essential amino acid l-methionine, which helps synthesize creatine levels in the body. Betaine anhydrous helps increase muscle size, work capacity, and power. Four grams per serving should help you reap these impressive fitness benefits.
- L-tyrosine, 1.5 g: An amino acid which helps enhance cognitive function, increase dopamine levels, regulate thyroid function, and ward off exercise-related stress.
- Agmatine sulfate, 750 milligrams: Agmatine is a natural metabolite of l-arginine, an alpha amino acid known for its nitric-oxide-boosting properties for more muscle pumps, vasodilation, and blood flow.
- Hericium erinacaeus mushroom powder (lion’s mane mushroom powder), 500 milligrams: A mushroom which acts as a powerful nootropic for improved mental function. Lion’s mane mushroom powder also helps keep anxiety at bay, regulate immunity, promote healthy blood sugar levels, ward off fatigue, and boost cardiovascular function and circulation.
- Caffeine anhydrous, 300 milligrams: The pure, powdered form of caffeine which helps increase energy levels, ramp up fat burning, regulate blood sugar levels, improve liver function, and keep free radicals at bay. However, overconsumption may result in a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness. Controlled Labs White Flash’s 300 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous per scoop yields is the same as consuming three cups of brewed coffee.
- VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract, 300 milligrams: This ingredient helps increase nitric oxide production due to its catechin content. When this happens, the muscles receive more oxygen for increased energy and power -two crucial pre-workout benefits.
- L-theanine, 100 milligrams: An amino acid and natural ingredient of green tea which helps offset the stimulatory effects of caffeine. L-theanine also helps keep stress levels in check, increase weight loss, and improve sleep quality.
- AstraGin (Astragalus root extract and Tienchi ginseng root extract), 50 milligrams: A component which helps improve nutrient bioavailability for better overall results. AstraGin also helps ward off inflammation, boost immunity, improve heart health, and slow down the aging process.
- Theobromine, 20 milligrams: A natural ingredient of dark chocolate and cocoa which acts as a vasodilator for improved blood vessel function. Because of theobromine’s ability to increase nitric oxide levels, it should help increase muscle pumps and improve nutrient uptake.
After a thorough analysis, we say Controlled Labs White Flash is one well-formulated pre-workout supplement. It’s not a perfect product, but it certainly is a tremendous one. The supplement facts speak loud and clear. If you want insane muscle pumps and other pre-workout benefits, Controlled Labs White Flash should blow you away.
When you see this supplement has an impressive five grams of l-citrulline per scoop, it tells you it’s just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Like we said, it’s not the most among pre-workouts (Optimum Nutrition PRO PRE has six grams of l-citrulline per serving, for instance). However, additional nitric-oxide-boosting components such as agmatine sulfate (750 milligrams per serving), VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract (300 milligrams per serving), and theobromine (20 milligrams per serving) should pick up the slack. Expect incredible muscle pumps and increased vasodilation when you supplement with Controlled Labs White Flash.
On a side note, this product’s vasodilating components are eerily similar to those of MusclePharm Wreckage. The only N.O.b0osting ingredients which MusclePharm Wreckage doesn’t have are agmatine sulfate and theobromine. With that, we give Controlled Labs White Flash the slight edge if you want to experience mind-numbing muscle pumps.
We also love the inclusion of four grams of betaine anhydrous, a certified pre-workout powerhouse ingredient. It helps synthesize creatine levels in the body and increase muscle mass, exercise capacity, and power.
On the other hand, the best pre-workout formulations not only perk you up physically, but mentally as well. Well, we’re positive Controlled Labs White Flash will do just that: its l-tyrosine (1.5 grams per serving), lion’s mane mushroom powder (500 milligrams per serving), and caffeine anhydrous (300 milligrams per serving) components should help you stay at the top of your mental game. Bear in mind l-tyrosine and lion mane’s mushroom powder act as powerful nootropics. You can’t go wrong with these.
As for caffeine anhydrous, it’ll help ramp up energy levels, enhance cognitive function, ramp up fat burning, improve liver function, and keep free radicals at bay. Don’t go overboard, though: too much may produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness.
Good thing Controlled Labs White Flash has 100 milligrams of l-theanine per scoop. Granted, this product has more caffeine anhydrous than l-theanine, but we’re optimistic the latter can help offset the stimulatory effects of the former. Awesome pre-workouts resort to a smart caffeine formulation (caffeine and l-theanine) so consumers don’t feel too jittery and wired. We’re stoked Controlled Labs White Flash does just that.
The inclusion of 50 milligrams of AstraGin per serving was your proverbial cherry on top. We said it before, we’ll say it again: improved bioavailability paves the way for better overall results. Well, AstraGin will do just that, and then some.
Controlled Labs White Flash also has tremendous amounts of vitamin B6 (500 percent of the daily value) and vitamin B12 (4,167 percent of the daily value). Believe it or not, these amounts trump those of some energy boosters and multivitamins on the market. Better grab the opportunity.
In terms of transparency, the manufacturer exceeded our expectations: it broke down all of the ingredient amounts. We love it.
Controlled Labs White Flash also enjoys an excellent reputation among customers. They swear it gives them insane muscle pumps and focus without the jitters, just like we predicted.
What makes Controlled Labs White Flash an imperfect product? Two things: fillers and price.
First off, this supplement has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has ties to obesity and other side effects. Stevia, a natural alternative which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels, would have been the better option.
Finally, Controlled Labs White Flash doesn’t come cheap: one 318-gram container costs $66.99, per its official website. To make matters worse, that much will last you just 20 days or so. If you work out frequently, it won’t last you long. Look at the bright side: it may put a dent on your wallet, but it will blow you away. They say you have to pay for quality. That applies to this product.
Despite its chinks, Controlled Labs White Flash is one powerful and unheralded pre-workout supplement. If you’ve been longing to increase your muscle pumps and get an edge at the gym, this supplement will do the trick. It’s a keeper, for sure.
Controlled Labs White Flash Benefits
Controlled Labs White Flash “covers every angle of the pump and performance by increasing nitric oxide production, enhancing blood flow, energy, and cellular swelling; and optimizing mental focus,” per its official website.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Controlled Labs White Flash for healthy and active adults who are 18-50 years of age who want to increase energy levels, blood flow, muscle pumps, and focus and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Controlled Labs White Flash contains 300 milligrams of caffeine anhydrous, a stimulant which may produce a spike-crash effect, jitters, nervousness, and sleeplessness in some individuals.
This product also has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which has links to obesity and other side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your doctor before buying Controlled Labs White Flash.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
Controlled Labs White Flash Review Summary
- Excellent formulation. One of the best carefully-thought-out pre-workouts on the market.
- Five grams of l-citrulline per scoop. Muscle pumps galore, and the some.
- Nitric oxide boosters. Includes agmatine sulfate, VASO6 Green Tea Leaf Extract, and theobromine for increased nitric oxide levels.
- Key nootropics. Features lion’s mane mushroom powder and l-tyrosine, two ingredients which should give you a much-needed mental edge.
- L-theanine. Natural green tea ingredient which offsets the stimulatory effects of caffeine.
- Insane amounts of vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. Five hundred percent and 4,167 percent of the daily value, respectively.
- AstraGin. Component which improves nutrient bioavailability for better overall results.
- Excellent transparency. You won’t find any shady proprietary blends here.
- Awesome reputation. Customers swear by this supplement’s tremendous pre-workout benefits.
- Flavor options. Comes in Cherry Limeade, Kiwi Strawberry, and Sour Green Apple flavors.
- Contains sucralose. Artificial sweetener with links to obesity.
- Expensive. One 318-gram container costs $66.99.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 318-gram container (20-Day Supply): $69.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Controlled Labs White Flash
We have sized up many great pre-workouts (Optimum Nutrition PRO PRE, MusclePharm Wreckage, iSatori MORPH XTREME, etc.). It seems to us Controlled Labs White Flash belongs in that stratosphere. Simply put, it’s one of the best and most efficient pre-workokut supplements on the market.
We highly recommend you buy Controlled Labs White Flash. We’re confident it’ll not only help increase your muscle pumps at the gym, but it’ll also help you achieve your long-term fitness goals.