You may be tired of looking for a potent post-workout formula. You’ve searched high and low for a product which will help you achieve your goals, to no avail.
How about trying “The Ultimate Post-Workout Recovery Formula?”
Enter SNAC PROGLYCOSYN.
It’s one of the catchiest post-workout supplement names out there. Will it live up to its billing?
Buckle up and enjoy the review.
About SNAC PROGLYCOSYN
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN “is an advanced 50/50 protein-carbohydrate formulation designed specifically to accelerate post-exercise protein and glycogen synthesis by supplying a unique formulation of dextrose, whey protein isolate, and anabolic nutrients,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great combination of ingredients. Whey protein isolate, dextrose, creatine, and arginine.
- Zero fats per serving. No kidding, folks.
- Transparent and clean ingredients. No fillers and proprietary blends.
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN Supplement Facts (Orange Cream, 2.6 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops (59 g)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbs||25 g||8%|
|Magnesium (From Magnesium Creatine)||80 mg||20%|
|Chromium (As Chromium Polynicotinate)||100 mcg||80%|
|Creatine Blend||3 g||**|
|(Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine)|
|Other Ingredients: Instant Whey Protein Isolates (Derived From Milk), Dextrose, Orange Cream Flavoring (Naturally And Artificially Flavored), L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate, L-Arginine, Magnesium Creatine, Chromium Polynicotinate|
|Directions For Proglycosyn: Add two scoops of powder to 8 ounces of liquid and mix well. Use post-workout only.|
The Ultimate Post-Workout Recovery Formula
Many – and we mean many – manufacturers claim their products are the ultimate post-workout formulas.
No knock against them, though. In fact, some of these claims are legit.
Well, another player is claiming the title of “Ultimate Post-Workout Recovery Formula.”
Enter SNAC PROGLYCOSYN.
Honestly, the name sounds more like an ingredient than a post-workout supplement. However, we liked what we saw when we scanned the ingredients.
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN “is an advanced 50/50 protein-carbohydrate formulation designed specifically to accelerate post-exercise protein and glycogen synthesis,” per the manufacturer’s website.
It does this by providing a blend composed of dextrose, whey protein isolate (WPI), “and anabolic nutrients,” the website goes on to say.
The manufacturer emphasizes a delicate balance of post-workout protein and carbs “to ensure optimal post-exercise muscle protein synthesis – a process that requires a constant supply of dietary amino acids.”
This emphasis is spot on, folks. You cannot grow muscle without protein, and amino acids are its building blocks. For impressive post-workout results, you have to consume both protein and carbs.
The first major ingredient of SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is protein – 25 grams of milk-derived whey protein isolates (WPI) per serving to be exact (note one serving is equal to two scoops).
WPI is at least 90 percent protein (compared to whey protein concentrates, which are 80 percent protein, tops). It is rich in amino acids and has little to no lactose content. It is also low in carbs and fats.
Having WPI as one of the ingredients of your post-workout supplement helps replenish your muscles the fastest way possible. Your muscles absorb them as fast as 40 minutes after consumption.
The knocks on WPI are its bitter taste, higher price, and low nutritional co-factor content (minerals, vitamins, and lipids).
Nonetheless, nobody can dispute the fact WPI can help you build serious muscle mass in conjunction with good nutrition, rest, and training.
As far as carb content is concerned, SNAC PROGLYCOSYN supplies your body with 25 grams per serving.
The main carb source of this product is dextrose, which has been renowned in bodybuilding circles for years.
Just so you know, dextrose (a.k.a. glucose) is a monosaccharide with a high glycemic index rating.
Translation: you will experience a post-workout insulin spike when you consume dextrose. This preps your muscles to receive the nutrients they need after a hard workout.
The muscle-building stop there, folks.
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN also has a potent creatine blend composed of creatine monohydrate and magnesium creatine.
Creatine monohydrate is the more common kind most post-workout manufacturers include in their products. Here are some of its benefits:
- Helps increase muscle mass
- Boosts athletic performance
- Assists in muscle protein synthesis
Consumers get impressive results from creatine monohydrate, which is generally safe. However, the addition of magnesium creatine sets SNAC PROGLYCOSYN apart from the rest of the field.
Some studies suggest combining magnesium with creatine boosts strength.
The reason? Magnesium helps the body utilize creatine more because of its role as an alkali compound – it helps prevent the latter from turning into a waste product known as creatinine.
Ergo, the more creatine your muscles absorb, the more they increase in size, and the more strength they have. Awesome, isn’t it?
Another key ingredient of SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is its 2.5 grams of l-glutamine per serving.
Nowadays, it’s rare to come across a post-workout supplement without glutamine, and with good reason – the most abundant amino acid in the body helps preserve hard-earned muscle mass.
As a matter of fact, you can resort to glutamine if you don’t have a casein protein supplement to help you achieve this goal.
Another impressive benefit of glutamine is its ability to increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels.
When you take SNAC PROGLYCOSYN, you have whey protein isolate, creatine monohydrate, magnesium creatine, and glutamine to help you put on some impressive muscle mass.
Very impressive indeed.
The final crucial ingredient is one gram of l-arginine per serving. Just so you know, this amino acid is a precursor of nitric oxide, which widens the blood vessels for insane muscle pumps, awesome vascularity, and more efficient nutrient delivery.
If you think about it, the latter benefit is what you need during the crucial post-workout anabolic window. Seriously.
Now, let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Total fat, 0 g: SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has zero grams of fats per serving. We need fats – the good kind – for optimum health. However, you don’t need them right after a hard workout as they may impede the absorption of nutrients.
- Cholesterol, 5 mg: Good to know this product has only two percent of the daily value for cholesterol. Seeing far too many bodybuilding products go overboard on cholesterol content has become an eyesore. SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is a welcome change for once.
- Total carbs, 25 g: Well, the manufacturer did emphasize consumption of post-workout carbs, didn’t it? It comes as no surprise this supplement has 25 grams of carbs per serving due to its dextrose content. The one downside of SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is its high sugar content (25 grams per serving). If you’re watching your sugar intake, best to consult a physician before purchasing this product.
- Protein, 25 g: The other half of the macro combo the manufacturer put a premium on. SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has more protein content than some regular whey protein supplements on the market. That’s saying a lot, folks.
- Calcium, 100 mg: SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is a good – not great source – of calcium at 10 percent of the daily value. When a post-workout supplement helps take care of your teeth, bones, and blood pressure, consider it a bonus.
- Magnesium (from magnesium creatine), 80 mg: This product is a significant source of magnesium at 20 percent of the daily value. Among its important post-workout benefits include increased energy, improved digestion, and muscle spasm relief.
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate), 100 mcg: The most important benefit of this ingredient is its blood-sugar-regulating prowess. It also helps synthesize cholesterol, fats, and protein. Some studies even hint at its role in building lean muscle mass.
- Sodium, 45 mg: SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is low in sodium at just two percent of the daily value. This much should help prevent muscle cramping without compromising healthy blood pressure levels. Awesome.
- Potassium, 130 mg: This mineral helps improve cardiovascular health and neutralize sodium levels in the body. In this product’s case, the potassium level isn’t high at four percent of the daily value. It doesn’t need to be – the manufacturer didn’t go overboard on the sodium level.
- L-arginine, 1 g: If you want incredible muscle pumps, this is the amino acid you must have in your post-workout supplement. Arginine’s ability to produce nitric oxide helps shuttle nutrients to your muscles after training.
- L-glutamine, 2.5 g: If you want to preserve hard-earned muscle mass, glutamine is the amino acid for you. It also helps increase human growth hormone levels. SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has 2.5 grams per serving. Awesome.
- Creatine Blend, 3 g: Creatine helps increase muscle mass and improve athletic performance. This product has creatine monohydrate and magnesium creatine. The latter is a potent form of creatine as the body fully utilizes it. We think it’s great.
From the get-go, SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has given us the impression it is “The Ultimate Post-Workout Recovery Formula.”
Twenty-five grams of protein per serving? Check.
Twenty-five grams of carbs per serving? Check.
Three grams of creatine per serving? Check.
Two-and-a-half grams of glutamine per serving? Check.
Wow. We’ve ticked off just about every box we can think of. SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has your post-workout needs covered, folks.
You’ve got fast-absorbing whey protein isolate (WPI) to feed your muscles immediately after a grueling workout. Among its other benefits include high leucine content and reduction of calorie consumption.
Next, 25 grams of dextrose per serving will help replenish depleted glycogen stores. Creatine will help boost athletic performance for the next workout while glutamine will preserve your muscles.
What’s not to like, folks?
We said it before, but it bears repeating: SNAC PROGLYCOSYN’s protein, creatine monohydrate, magnesium creatine, and glutamine components will help not only help you recover, but build some SERIOUS muscle mass. Believe it.
Throw in a bit of l-arginine into the mix, and you’re on your way to getting insane muscle pumps, vascularity, and efficient nutrient absorption.
Bottom line: we love SNAC PROGLYCOSYN’s potent recovery and muscle-building formula. It’s awesome, to say the least.
Other positives: this product has zero grams of fat per serving, is low in cholesterol and sodium, and has good calcium and magnesium content.
Plus, this supplement has no fillers, dirty ingredients, and proprietary blends. Fantastic.
On the other hand, SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has 200 calories per serving, which is a bit high for a post-workout supplement (in contrast, Carbon Recover – another post-workout supp- has only five calories per serving). We allude this to the dextrose and sugar content (high at 25 grams per serving).
Those are just about the only cons we can think of. Kudos to the manufacturer for coming with such a tremendous product.
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN Benefits
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN accelerates “post-exercise protein and glycogen synthesis by supplying a unique formulation of dextrose, whey protein isolate, and anabolic nutrients,” per its official website.
Expect this product to help accelerate your post-workout recovery. It will also help you build muscle mass.
Who Takes It?
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN is intended for healthy and active individuals who want to boost recovery, build muscle mass, and achieve their overall fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN has no glaring side effects. However, its high sugar content (25 grams per serving) may be of some concern to individual swho are monitoring their sugar levels. Ask for your doctor’s advice before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
SNAC PROGLYCOSYN Summary
- Great combination of ingredients. WPI, dextrose, creatine, glutamine, and arginine in one package.
- Twenty-five grams of protein per serving. Helps feed muscles after a hard workout.
- Three grams of creatine per serving. For more muscle mass and improved performance.
- Has l-arginine. Nitric oxide precursor which helps shuttle nutrients to muscles.
- Zero fats per serving. You read that right, folks.
- High in magnesium. Extra health benefits.
- Transparent and clean ingredients. No fillers and proprietary blends.
- Good reputation. Has gotten good reviews from consumers.
- High in sugar. Twenty-five grams per serving.
- Two hundred calories per serving. One of the high-calorie post-workout supplements on the market.
- Expensive. $56.95 for a 2.6-lb. container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 2.6-lb. container (20-Day Supply): $56.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on SNAC PROGLYCOSYN
The verdict is out, folks: SNAC PROGLYCOSYN lives up to its billing as “The Ultimate Post-Workout Recovery Formula.”
Start with whey protein isolate, dextrose, creatine monohydrate, magnesium creatine, and arginine if you don’t believe us.
There are too many good things going for SNAC PROGLYCOSYN – they overshadow its few cons.
This is the kind of product that oozes quality. The price is a bit steep, but it’ll be worth it. Trust us.