Let’s be honest: many post-workout supplement ingredients leave customers scratching their heads. Well, we’re confident this PVL TOTAL RELOAD review won’t. In fact, we’re sure this Canadian post-workout supplement will jack you up, for sure. Your workouts will never be the same.
About PVL TOTAL RELOAD
PVL TOTAL RELOAD is the company’s “Full-Dose Recuperation Formula,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive combination of ingredients. It’s about as comprehensive as it gets.
- Clean ingredients. No fillers whatsoever. Two thumbs way up.
- Has key electrolytes and antioxidants. These help ward off fatigue and boost long-term health.
PVL TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout Supplement Facts (Fruit Punch, 600 grams)
|Medicinal Ingredients Per Scoop (∼33 g)|
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)||60 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL)||6 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)||3 mcg|
|Free Form Amino Acids||15,000 mg|
|Direct Recovery Amino Acids||11,000 mg|
|Micronized fermented BCAAs||7,000 mg|
|Micronized fermented L-Leucine||3,500 mg|
|Micronized fermented L-Valine||1,750 mg|
|Micronized fermented L-Isoleucine||1,750 mg|
|Micronized fermented L-Glutamine||4,000 mg|
|Micronized Taurine||1,000 mg|
|Other Amino Acids||3,000 mg|
|Glycogen Refuel Mix||15,000 mg|
|Vextra-Maize Plus® (waxy maize (corn) starch): glucose polymers (maltodextrin); organic cane juice solids (faster carbs)|
|Electrolyte Replenishment||335 mg|
|Calcium (Aquamin® natural calcium carbonate from seaweed – replenishes 72 naturally occurring trace minerals); Celtic Sea Salt®; potassium citrate; sodium citrate; magnesium oxide|
|pH Alkalizing & Lactic Acid Buffering Complex||215 mg|
|Tricalcium phosphate; calcium carbonate; sodium bicarbonate; calcium -5-lactate monohydrate|
|Power Antioxidants||52 mg|
|Quercetin; N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine; astaxanthin|
|All Natural Flavoring: Malic acid, silicon dioxide, natural flavours, red beet powder, soy lecithin, purified stevia leaf extract|
|Calories 50, Fat 0 g (0%), Carbohydrates 15 g (5%), Sugars 2 g, Sodium 75 mg (3%), Potassium 70 mg (2%), Calcium 100 mg (10%), Plus 72 Minerals/Trace Elements. % – Daily Value|
|RECOMMENDED USE: *Helps to assist in muscle cell repair, support cardiovascular function, support immune system health, restore plasma glutamine and BCAA levels depleted during exhaustive exercise, help tissue formation and help form red blood cells.|
|RECOMMENDED DOSE: (Adults) Use 1 scoop (∼33 g) per training day with 250-500 mL of water, shake and enjoy; sip during or after exercise.|
The Full Dose Recuperation Formula
We’ve sized up many bodybuilding post-workout supplements before. Many of these products have wowed us to no end. One of them is TMRFIT SERIES CLEAN Post-Workout – one we dubbed “clean as a whistle” and “has the complete arsenal.” If only most post-workouts can be like that.
Or how about iForce Nutrition Finish Line, a near-perfect post-workout? We say that because its ingredient combo (4:1:1 BCAA ratio, beta-alanine, betaine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, l-glutamine, creatine HCl, and magnesium creatine chelate) blew us away.
Let’s see if PVL TOTAL RELOAD can trump the competition. The manufacturer hailed it as its “Full Dose Recuperation Formula,” per its official website.
The company’s website is downright simple – it doesn’t resort to fancy marketing tactics or ingredient descriptions. You can tell right off the bat PVL TOTAL RELOAD ingredients speak for themselves. This product is loaded. That’s all we have to say.
Leading the charge are 15 grams of free-form amino acids per 33-gram scoop. These include branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs), micronized taurine, and l-glycine.
PVL TOTAL RELOAD has seven grams of micronized fermented BCAAs following a 2:1:1 ratio per serving under its Direct Amino Recovery Acids blend. Naturally, the focus is on leucine, the most anabolic amino acid. Each serving has 3.5 grams of micronized fermented l-leucine per scoop.
It’s not the most in the industry (some post-workouts such as Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout have a whopping five grams of leucine per scoop), but it sure is respectable. That much will help you grow lean muscle mass and reap the full benefits of leucine.
We also like the 1.75 grams each of micronized fermented l-valine and micronized fermented l-isoleucine per serving.
Some post-workouts’ valine and isoleucine content don’t even measure up. It’s not uncommon to stumble upon one with 500 grams each. When you consume a combined 3.5 grams of valine and isoleucine per serving, expect the following to happen:
- Positive nitrogen and protein balance
- Boosted immune system
- Improved muscle tissue repair
- Increased endurance
We’re stoked PVL TOTAL RELOAD will give you the full benefits of these two branched-chain amino acids. You will recover faster, for sure.
Next up are four grams of micronized fermented l-glutamine per serving. We’re talking about the body’s most abundant amino acid. Again, this is not the optimal amount among post-workout supplements. There are some (like Jacked Factory POWERBUILD) which have five grams per serving or so.
Nonetheless, the amount in PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout will help you preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, improve athleticism, ward off free radicals, and boost the digestive system. These bode well for your long-term fitness goals.
This product also has one gram of micronized taurine per serving. If there’s one amino acid which can give glutamine a run for its money in terms of post-workout benefits, it’s taurine. Check out taurine’s key benefits:
- Helps improve focus and strength
- Increases muscle cell volume
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
- Increases exercise endurance
- Shortens recovery
The good news: PVL TOTAL RELOAD has both glutamine and taurine. This potent one-two punch will help improve the quality of your workouts. We guarantee it.
On the other hand, the final component of the Direct Recovery Amino Acids blend is three grams of glycine per serving. If glutamine and taurine are versatile, glycine is underrated.
Glycine isn’t as popular as the other two among consumers. Maybe it’s time it should rise up in the ingredient rankings. It helps increase muscle mass, ward off joint discomfort, keep fatigue at bay, and supercharge the digestive and immune systems. Pretty impressive, if you ask us.
One of the great things about PVL TOTAL RELOAD is its high glycine content. It’s rare to come across a post-workout supplement with that much. Take our word for it.
It’s also evident the manufacturer places importance on fast-acting carbs for better post-workout results. Look no further than the 15 grams per serving of its Glycogen Refuel Mix as hard evidence.
This mix has three key components:
- Vetra-Maize Plus (waxy maize (corn) starch): A post-workout carb which is a by-product of corn. It is not as fast-acting as glucose but helps improve exercise performance.
- Glucose polymers (maltodextrin): A form of carbohydrate which the body quickly breaks down into glucose, resulting in a fast insulin spike.
- Organic cane juice solids (faster carbs): A good source of carbs, protein, and electrolytes. This is a good choice for post-workout purposes.
Most post-workout supplements do not have carbs. PVL TOTAL RELOAD takes the high road. We believe its carb content will help increase performance and muscle mass.
Unfortunately, this product’s Glycogen Refuel Mix is a proprietary blend – the manufacturer did not divulge the amounts of each component. That spells trouble (and confusion) for the consumer.
PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout also has a 335-milligram Electrolyte Replenishment blend, a 215-milligram pH Alkalizing & Lactic Acid Buffering Complex, and a 52-milligram Power Antioxidant blend.
You lose key electrolytes when you train vigorously. Replenishing with ample amounts after your last rep is key. Good thing this product has them.
If you’ve ever experienced a burning sensation after your gym session, it may have been due to lactic acid buildup. That’s never a good thing. Fortunately, PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout’s pH Alkalizing & Lactic Acid Buffering Complex can help.
Any time a post-workout has key antioxidants, it’s a huge plus. We’re pleased the manufacturer also considered the long-term health of its customers.
Alas, the last three blends of this product are also proprietary. A little transparency would have gone a long way.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), 60 mg: Based on our computation, PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout has a solid 100 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid. We guarantee you will be able to ward off the common cold, improve vision, regulate blood pressure levels, and boost heart health.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL), 6 mg: Six milligrams per serving may not seem like a lot, but it is when you consider this product has an impressive 300 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B6. This vitamin helps boost the cardiovascular, immune, and nervous systems. We’re sure you’ll reap these benefits, and then some.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), 3 mcg: PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD is a solid source of Vitamin B12 at 50 percent of the daily value. This vitamin helps convert carbs to glucose for increased energy, regulate the nervous and digestive systems, and keep free radicals at bay.
- Free form amino acids, 15,000 mg: PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout’s 15 grams per serving of free form amino acids is an impressive total, to say the least.
- Micronized fermented BCAAs, 7,000 mg: These branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are leucine, valine, and isoleucine on a decent 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
- Micronized fermented l-leucine, 3,500 mg: The BCAA which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis. This much should help you muscle up. Believe it or not, it also assists in muscle preservation and weight loss.
- Micronized fermented l-valine, 1,750 mg: The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase muscle mass, and regulate the immune system.
- Micronized fermented l-isoleucine, 1,750 mg: The BCAA which helps maintain a positive nitrogen balance, increase endurance, and repair muscle tissue.
- Micronized fermented l-glutamine, 4,000 mg: The body’s most abundant amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, increase athletic performance, and ward off free radicals.
- Micronized taurine, 1,000 mg: An amino acid which helps keep stress levels in check, torch fat, improve insulin sensitivity, increase testosterone levels, increase athletic performance, shorten recovery time, boost heart health, and improve sleep quality.
- L-glycine, 3,000 mg: An unheralded post-workout ingredient which helps increase muscle mass, ward off joint discomfort, and increase exercise endurance.
Glycogen Refuel Mix, 15,000 mg
- Vextra-Maize Plus (waxy maize (corn) starch): A post-workout carb which is a by-product of corn. Not as fast-absorbing as glucose, but effective, nonetheless.
- Glucose polymers (maltodextrin): A post-workout carb which the body quickly converts to glucose, resulting in a huge post-workout insulin spike.
- Organic cane juice solids (faster carbs): Well-rounded ingredient which can supply you with the needed post-workout electrolytes.
Electrolyte Replenishment, 335 mg
- Calcium (Aquamin natural calcium carbonate from seaweed – replenishes 72 naturally-occurring trace minerals): We believe the manufacturer’s description says it all.
- Celtic Sea Salt: Helps balance mineral levels in the body, flush out excess water and acid retention, and shorten recovery time.
- Potassium citrate: This is a potassium salt of citric acid which helps regulate blood pressure levels and improve bone health.
- Sodium citrate: This is the sodium salt of citric acid which helps regulate urine acidity.
- Magnesium oxide: A Jack of all trades which helps ward off post-exercise discomfort, regulate blood pressure levels, boost cardiovascular health, and keep free radicals at bay.
pH Alkalizing & Lactic Acid Buffering Complex, 215 mg
- Tricalcium phosphate: An ingredient which helps support bone and teeth health and ward off free radicals.
- Calcium carbonate: An antacid which helps improve digestive health.
- Sodium bicarbonate: Simply known as baking soda, this ingredient helps improve digestion and improve athletic performance.
- Calcium-5-lactate monohydrate: Another antacid which helps fortify calcium levels and improve flavor.
Power Antioxidants, 52 mg
- Quercetin: A flavonoid which helps ward off inflammation and discomfort, boost heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, and keep free radicals at bay.
- N-acetyl-l-cysteine: An amino acid renowned as a powerful antioxidant.
- Astaxanthin: Another well-known antioxidant which also helps improve eye health.
- Calories, 50: PVL TOTAL RELOAD’s calorie total won’t compromise your nutrition and fitness goals in any way.
- Fat, 0 g (zero percent): This post-workout has no fat content whatsoever.
- Carbohydrates, 15 g (five percent): Despite the heavy emphasis on post-workout carbs, this product has only five percent of the daily value for this macronutrient. For reference, a maximum daily value of five percent is low.
- Sugars, 2 g: Two grams of sugars per serving isn’t high, by any stretch.
- Sodium, 75 mg (three percent): This product’s sodium content is enough to prevent muscle cramping without compromising your blood pressure levels. It’s safe for those who are monitoring their sodium intake.
- Potassium, 70 mg (two percent): PVL TOTAL RELOAD is not a significant source of potassium at a paltry two percent of the daily value.
- Calcium, 100 mg (10 percent): This supplement is a decent – not solid – source of calcium at 10 percent of the daily value.
After sizing up PVL TOTAL RELOAD, we say it is one of the most comprehensive post-workout products on the market. The ingredients list speaks volumes.
The product strikes a delicate balance between amino acids and essential post-workout carbs at 15 grams each.
The 3.5 grams of micronized fermented l-leucine per serving is solid. We believe this much will help ramp up your muscle growth in conjunction with regular training, sound nutrition, and enough sleep.
We also like the generous combined serving of 3.5 grams of micronized fermented l-valine and micronized fermented l-isoleucine.
The inclusions of taurine and glycine are great moves. Not too many post-workout products have three grams of glycine per serving, so take advantage. This much helps promote muscle growth, increase joint and cartilage protection, boost digestion, and keep fatigue at bay.
On the other hand, four grams of glutamine per serving will help your post-workout results soar. This amount should help preserve muscle mass, ramp up HGH levels, improve gut function, and stifle free radical activity.
Like we said, most post-workouts have no carbs. This one does, and it doesn’t go overboard. In fact, the carb content of PVL TOTAL RELOAD can help you gain lean muscle mass, replenish depleted glycogen stores, increase energy levels, and shorten recovery times.
The Electrolyte Replenishment blend, pH Alkalizing & Lactic Acid Buffering Complex, and Power Antioxidants are nice finishing touches. With these around, you can say goodbye to fatigue and post-workout discomfort.
Having key antioxidants in your post-workout supplement is always a great thing. Your long-term health will benefit, for sure. It makes the product a great buy. Kudos to the manufacturer for being one step ahead of everybody else.
Other pluses: PVL TOTAL RELOAD has no fats and is low in calories, carbs, sugar, and sodium. Thumbs up.
A good number of post-workouts have a great deal of promise only to falter in the end with a dirty ingredient. Not this one. We didn’t find a single filler in PVL TOTAL RELOAD. We hope other post-workouts follow suit.
The manufacturer sweetened PVL TOTAL RELOAD with stevia, a plant-based ingredient which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Plus, this product has red beet powder (which also helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels) as its food coloring.
In an age when sucralose (an artificial sweetener which increases weight gain) is the norm among bodybuilding supplements, PVL TOTAL RELOAD’s natural ingredients are a breath of fresh air. We give props to the company for setting a good example.
Unfortunately, PVL TOTAL RELOAD has four proprietary blends where the manufacturer did not disclose the individual ingredient amounts. A little honesty would have gone a long way.
Nonetheless, PVL TOTAL RELOAD’s pros still outweigh the cons. We have yet to see another post-workout product which has a unique ingredient combo as this one. It will give you the results you’ve always wanted. Take our word for it.
PVL TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout Benefits
PVL TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps nourish the body
- Shortens recovery time
- Increases energy levels
- Delicious Fruit Punch flavor
We agree with all of these claims. PVL TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout is the total post-workout package. Get yours today.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended PVL TOTAL RELOAD for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age. Their fitness goals include: more lean muscle mass, shorter recovery time, and increased energy and endurance.
Any Side Effects?
PVL TOTAL RELOAD has no glaring side effects. However, if any ingredient makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying this product.
PVL TOTAL RELOAD Review Summary
- Impressive ingredient combo. It’s about as comprehensive as it gets.
- Fifteen grams of free-form amino acids per scoop. The building blocks of protein should help your post-workout results soar.
- Generous servings of isoleucine and valine. A rarity among post-workouts.
- Four grams of micronized fermented l-glutamine per serving. Versatile amino acid with plenty of post-workout benefits.
- Three grams of l-glycine per serving. This is, far and away, one of the most underrated post-workout ingredients.
- Glycogen Refuel Mix. Fifteen grams worth of post-workout carbs.
- Has key electrolytes and antioxidants. Helps ward off fatigue and boost long-term health.
- Low in fats, carbs, sugar, and sodium. Good stuff for the customer.
- Sweetened with stevia. Plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Has red beet powder. Natural food coloring which helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Has four proprietary blends. Manufacturer fails to break down their individual ingredient amounts. Thumbs down.
- Reputation. Not as known as other big-name post-workouts.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.1-lb. (600-gram) Container (18-Day Supply): $38.64
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on PVL TOTAL RELOAD
Take PVL Essentials TOTAL RELOAD Post-Workout for what it means. It’ll replenish, recharge, and prepare you for your future training sessions. It’s the total post-workout package.
We’re confident you won’t turn back when you add this versatile Canadian post-workout product to your supplement stack. It’s much too good to pass up on. We highly recommend you buy PVL TOTAL RELOAD. It’s a great deal in every sense of the word.