Muscle Feast is a bodybuilding supplement manufacturer which has earned a tremendous reputation among customers. We’re confident this will continue with Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover, a post-workout which pulls out all the stops. It will impress you to no end in this review.
About Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover “is a combination of our amazing Premium Protein Blend and CarboLean, further enhanced by a strong dose of the amino acid l-glutamine and micronized creatine monohydrate,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Forty-four grams each of protein and carbs. Combo which helps build muscle mass and boost recovery .
- Clean ingredients. Manufacturer has a reputation for its clean and effective ingredients.
- Reasonable price. $55.99 for a seven-lb. (3,182-gram) container.
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 7 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 3 Level Scoops (105 grams)
Servings Per Container: >30
|Calories: 361* Calories From Fat: 9|
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A 6%||Vitamin C <1%|
|Calcium 48%||Iron 0%|
|Phosphorus 8%||Magnesium 8%|
|L-Glutamine 6g||Creatine 5g|
|INGREDIENTS: CarboLean (Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin, Dextrose), Premium Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Whey, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein), L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate, Cocoa Powder, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Lecithin (From non-GMO Soy), Stevia Reb A 97/98.|
|Directions: As an adult dietary supplement, mix one serving (3 level scoops) with 20 ounces of water, milk, or beverage of your choice.|
The Post-Workout Recovery Feast
Bodybuilding supplement manufacturer Muscle Feast has taken the industry by storm. As of this writing, four of its 12 protein supplements cracked Labdoor’s rankings. That means one of every three top-rated protein powder is from Muscle Feast.
Now, let’s see if Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover can annihilate other post-workout supplements. We wouldn’t be surprised one bit if it happens. The company’s stellar reputation could prove us right down the line.
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover “is a combination of our amazing Premium Protein Blend and CarboLean, further enhanced by a strong dose of the amino acid l-glutamine and micronized creatine monohydrate,” per the company’s official website.
“This product is ideal for post-workout because it packs a punch with nearly 50 grams of protein and nearly 50 grams of our CarboLean to help fuel fast recoveries and ensure the most efficient absorption of the protein and amino acids,” per the same source.
A post-workout with an almost combined 100 grams of protein and carbs per serving? That bodes well for your recovery. In fact, the journal SpringerPlus‘ July 21, 2014 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) says, “Protein and carbohydrate after a workout is known to increase lean body mass and replenish glycogen stores in trained individuals.”
Bear in mind most post-workouts feature classic ingredients such as creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, betaine anhydrous, beta-alanine, taurine, and electrolytes. Those which emphasize carbs and protein are in the minority. Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is one of them.
We like this post-workout’s non-conformist approach. We have the feeling it will stand out from the rest of the pack.
Premium Protein Blend, 44 grams
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has 44 grams of protein per 105-gram serving (three scoops). That means there are 14.67 grams of protein for every 35-gram scoop.
On that note, Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover pales in comparison to a top-notch post-workout such as the UK’s Bulk Powders AFTERMATH, which yields 20 grams of protein per 35-gram scoop.
Forty-four grams of protein per serving will still help you build muscle. Thing is, it will take you three heaping scoops to accomplish that every time. Whey hydrolysates, whey protein isolate, and micellar casein comprise Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover’s Premium Protein Blend.
Whey hydrolysates are by-products of whey protein concentrate (WPC) and whey protein isolates (WPI). These are pre-digested proteins which undergo further processing. The end result: single amino acids which have a lightning-fast absorption rate.
That’s precisely what you need during the crucial post-workout anabolic window. The manufacturer also stress whey hydrolysates “enhance protein synthesis” and “may decrease body fat.” In other words, the help you muscle up and lean out. They should complement your lean muscle building goals perfectly.
On the other hand, whey protein isolates’ protein composition is between 90 and 98 percent. That’s because WPI undergoes a microfiltration process which strips off extra carbs and fats. Its high protein composition also bodes well for those who want to build muscle lean muscle mass.
For its part, micellar casein takes roughly seven to eight hours to absorb. Casein protein has a larger molecule than whey, thus the slower absorption rate – a perfect antidote for muscle breakdown. This kind of protein is awesome at preserving hard-earned muscle mass.
In a nutshell, Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover’s protein component helps your body stay in an anabolic state longer. This is precisely what you want. You will build serious muscle mass with it, for sure.
CarboLean, 44 grams
As for Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover’s CarboLean component, it is features 44 grams of waxy maize, maltodextrin, and dextrose per 105-gram serving (three scoops).
Waxy maize is a slow-digesting carbohydrate derived from rice, barley, and corn. “It may help improve exercise performance” and “promote recovery,” per Muscle Feast’s official website.
To substantiate this point, the journal Nutritional Research’s June 29, 2009 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) concluded, “The consumption of WM (waxy maize) leads to blunted post-prandial response and insulin responses, potentially leading to a more steady supply and release of energy over a period, compared to the rapidly-digesting starch maltodextrin.”
For its part, maltodextrin is a polysaccharide derived from corn, rice, or potato starch. It has a high glycemic index and has a slower absorption rate than the final CarboLean component, dextrose.
The latter is also known as glucose, a water-soluble and fast-digesting simple sugar which creates a massive insulin spike after consumption. That bodes well for nutrient absorption and post-exercise recovery.
The key takeaway: both protein and carbohydrate components of Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover help keep your body in an anabolic or muscle-building state longer.
Micronized Creatine, 5 grams
Next up are five grams of micronized creatine per 105-gram serving (three scoops). It’s obvious this product’s creatine content is not at par with the likes of Advanced Molecular Labs Postworkout, which has five grams per solitary scoop. Nevertheless, we love its inclusion in Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover.
Check out creatine’s impressive benefits:
- Helps increase muscle mass and athletic performance
- Boosts anaerobic and aerobic endurance
- Improves neurological health
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels
It doesn’t stop there. The Journal of International Society of Sports Nutrition’s July 20, 2012 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) revealed several other promising benefits of creatine supplementation.
It concluded creatine amplifies “the effects of resistance training for enhancing strength and hypertrophy,” improves “the quality and benefits of high-intensity intermittent speed training, and improves “aerobic endurance performance in trials lasting more than 150 seconds.”
Plus, creatine “seems to produce positive effects on strength, power, fat-free mass, daily living performance, and neurological function in young and older people,” per the same source.
You cannot go wrong with creatine. It’s one of them most studied and safest bodybuilding supplements on the market. We’re certain it will help you achieve your post-workout goals.
L-Glutamine, 6 grams
The final key ingredient of Muscle Feast Anabolic Recovery is six grams of l-glutamine per 105-gram serving (three scoops).
Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid. It is also a staple post-workout ingredient. Don’t be surprised. Check out how versatile it is:
- Preserves muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Helps regulate the immune and digestive systems
- Keeps free radicals at bay
- Boosts athletic performance
The International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism’s October 2015 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) concluded, “L-glutamine supplementation resulted in faster recovery of peak torque and diminished muscle soreness following eccentric exercise.”
There’s no question it is a tremendous ally in your post-workout journey. The bottom line: we’re glad glutamine is in Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover.
This post-workout supplement’s heavy emphasis on protein and carbs should pay off. You sorely need this macronutrients after a tough workout. Throw in key amounts of micronized creatine and l-glutamine, you’ll be ready to conquer your future gym sessions with relative ease.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 361: Most post-workout supplements’ calorie range between zero and 150. It’s obvious Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is high in calories because of its protein and carbohydrate content. If you want to lean out, you can still take this supplement. It’s just a matter of monitoring your whole-food intake.
- Calories from fat, 9: This many calories from fat won’t compromise your cardiovascular system. For all intents and purposes, this supplement is low in fats.
- Total fat, 1 g: Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is a low-fat post-workout with a measly two percent of the daily value for this macronutrient (a value of five percent or lower is minuscule). It’s also low in saturated fats and has no trans fats. Thumbs up.
- Cholesterol, 24 mg: Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has a somewhat high cholesterol content at eight percent of the daily value. Even if it doesn’t go overboard, you may be better off trying a different post-workout if you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake.
- Sodium, 53 mg: This product is low in sodium at just two percent of the daily value. It can help prevent muscle cramps to an extent. More importantly, it won’t compromise your blood pressure levels.
- Potassium, 227 mg: This much potassium may seem like a lot, but it only represents five percent of the daily value. Thus, Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is not a significant source of this mineral and electrolyte.
- Total carbohydrates, 44 g: The manufacturer’s CarboLean component comprised of waxy maize, maltodextrin, and dextrose represent 15 percent of the daily value for carbohydrates. It’s high, but it doesn’t go overboard. In fact, we think it’s just the right amount for post-workout replenishment. Although the sugar content is a tad bit high at 15 grams per serving, we have no regrets: the manufacturer uses stevia (a natural plant-based source which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels) as its sweetener. Well done.
- Protein, 44 g: Even if it takes three level scoops to reach this much protein, it will still help you gain muscle mass. Nobody can argue with a Premium Protein Blend combo of hydrolyzed whey, whey protein isolate, and micellar casein.
- Vitamin A, 6 percent DV: This vitamin is great for the eyes and immune system. It also helps ward off inflammation. Unfortunately, Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover doesn’t have too much of it at six percent of the daily value.
- Calcium, 48 percent DV: This post-workout supplement is teeming with calcium, thanks to its Premium Protein Blend. If you consume Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover, it will help improve your bone and teeth health, regulate your blood pressure levels, improve cardiovascular function, and ward off free radicals.
- Phosphorus, 8 percent DV: Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has so-so phosphorus content at eight percent of the daily value.
- L-glutamine, 6 g: Post-workouts with optimal amounts of glutamine have five grams per serving. This one does them one better with six grams per serving. Either way you look at it, Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover’s glutamine content will help you preserve muscle mass, increase HGH levels, keep free radicals at bay, boost gut function, and then some.
- Vitamin C, <1 percent DV: This supplement is not a significant source of Vitamin C at less than one percent of the daily value.
- Iron, 0 percent DV: Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has no iron content whatsoever.
- Magnesium, 8 percent DV: This product’s magnesium content is so-so at eight percent of the daily value.
- Creatine, 5 g: This is the daily optimal amount for creatine, an ingredient which helps increase muscle mass, athletic performance, strength, and endurance. It’s a bona fide bodybuilding superstar.
Many consumers have been raving about Muscle Feast’s bodybuilding supplements. Well, if Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is any indication, the manufacturer’s product line could give the competition a run for its money.
Like we said, we’re sold on its CarboLean and Premium Protein Blend components – each of these contains time-tested, post-workout ingredients which will help you achieve your fitness goals.
Consider CarboLean’s waxy maize, maltodextrin, and dextrose components (44 grams per serving): it combines slow- and fast-absorbing carbohydrates which replenish depleted glycogen stores and help your body remain in an anabolic state.
The Premium Protein Blend which boasts of hydrolyzed whey, whey protein isolate, and micellar casein (44 grams per serving) does the same thing: it harnesses the powers of fast- and slow-absorbing protein to help your body remain in a muscle-building state longer.
When you throw in five grams of creatine and six grams of l-glutamine per serving, your post-workout results will soar. Expect increased strength, power, endurance, and muscle mass, among other things.
On the other hand, we like Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover’s low fat and sodium content. These are major pluses in any bodybuilding supplement.
As for the 15 grams of sugar per serving, we’re not worried about it. We already stressed the company used stevia, a plant-based sweetener with several health benefits. If only other manufacturers followed suit.
When you consume Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover, you also get an extra dose of calcium (48 percent of the daily serving). We think this is a great bonus – calcium helps regulate blood pressure levels, boost heart health, and strengthen bones. You will reap all of these benefits, for sure.
We also commend the manufacturer for its excellent transparency – it breaks down all of the ingredient amounts. You won’t find any shady proprietary blends in Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover.
This post-workout supplement has no fillers, either. We’re not surprised one bit: Muscle Feast has one of the cleanest bodybuilding supplements around. It’s clear it sets the bar high. Note to other supplement manufacturers: clean up your act before you bite this company’s dust.
Finally, the price isn’t bad at all. One seven-lb. (3,182-gram) container costs $55.99 and should last you a month or so (depending on how often you work out).
Some five-lb. post-workout supplements have the same price (if not higher). With that in mind, you get an extra two pounds of muscle-building nutrients when you buy Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover. If you want to be practical, this product is the wiser choice.
Customers have also sung this product’s praises – they say it’s a powerhouse post-workout supplement from top to bottom. We agree wholeheartedly.
On the flip side, this product has 361 calories per serving, which is a tad bit high for a post-workout. If you want to lean out, try either watching your macros or purchasing a different product.
Just about the only thing which caught our eye is this product’s eight percent of the daily value for cholesterol. It’s not high by any means, but if you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, best if you consult your doctor first.
After a thorough analysis, we say Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover is one of the most unheralded post-workout supplements today. It’s quality ingredients, excellent transparency, and great reputation make it one of the best – if not the best – post-workout on the market. That’s saying something.
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover Benefits
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps repair muscle and boost recovery
- Builds lean muscle mass
- Increases strength, power, and endurance
- Keeps post-exercise soreness at bay
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps restore depleted muscle glycogen levels
We agree with all of these claims. Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover can help you achieve all of your post-workout goals, and then some.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover for healthy and active individuals who want to build lean muscle mass, boost recovery, increase strength, power, and endurance; ward off muscle soreness, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover has eight percent of the daily value for cholesterol, which is an average amount. If you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake and if you’r doubtful about any of this product’s other ingredients, please consult your physician before buying Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover.
Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover Summary
- Good ingredient combo. CarboLean, hydrolyzed whey, whey protein isolate, micellar casein, creatine, and l-glutamine.
- Forty-four grams of carbs per serving. Combo of waxy maize, maltodextrin, and dextrose.
- Forty-four grams of protein per serving. Helps build and repair muscle tissue.
- Five grams of creatine per serving. Optimal amount for this muscle-building ingredient.
- Six grams of glutamine per serving. Most abundant amino acid.
- Great source of calcium. Forty-eight percent of the daily value.
- Low in fats and sodium. All good.
- Has stevia. Natural, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood pressure levels.
- Good transparency. No proprietary blends. Bravo.
- Clean ingredients. Impressive.
- Reasonable price. $55.99 for a seven-lb. container.
- Average cholesterol content. This product has eight percent of the daily value for cholesterol. It’s not high by any standards, but it’s not low, either.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 seven-lb. (3,182-gram) Container (30-Day Supply): $55.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover
We’re sold: now we know why Muscle Feast is an emerging player in the bodybuilding supplement industry. Its Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover covers all the bases – clean and powerful ingredients at a reasonable price. What more could you ask for?
We highly recommend you buy Muscle Feast Anabolic Recover, sit back, and watch your post-workout goals soar.