Here’s one hard lesson we learned: never underestimate the potential of goat’s milk and superfoods as post-workout supplement ingredients. You’ll find out what we mean in this Mt. Capra Solar Synergy review.
About Mt. Capra Solar Synergy
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy “combines the best in goat milk minerals with the world’s most powerful botanical superfoods,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Has goat’s milk. Main ingredient which helps ward off inflammation, improve heart health, and boost immunity.
- Includes many superfoods. Beneficial for long-term health.
- Solid source of vitamin C. Product features 102 percent of the daily value for this vitamin.
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy Supplement Facts (Berry, 420 grams)
|Serving Size: 2 Scoops (14 g)|
Servings Per Container: 15
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
|Sugars (not added)||4 g|
|Potassium 10%||•||Vitamin C 102%|
|Calcium 10%||•||Iron 4%|
|Ingredients: Goat Milk, Mineral Whey, Natural Flavors, Goji Berries, Lohan fruit, Sea Buckthorn, Acai Berries, Elderberries, Sensoril® (Ashwagandha), VitaGrape™ (Organic Grape Seed Extract), Wellberry™ (Indian Gooseberry), Organic Yacon Leaf, Aronia berries, Goat Milk Cream, Stevia|
|Suggested Directions: Mix 1 scoop (included) twice daily in 8 ounces of water. Shake or blend vigorously.|
The Potent Recovery and Rehydration Aid
We’ve reviewed some awesome and natural bodybuilding post-workout supplements here on B5, and we loved them.
One that stands out is Vega Sport Recovery Accelerator – a recovery product which combines yellow pea protein, organic gelatinized maca root, astralagus, turmeric, and the like. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Sometimes, taking the natural route is the best option. What with all the products out there laced with artificial food colorings, carrageenan, sucrose, and sucralose, it may be time to make a switch.
Enter Mt. Capra Solar Synergy. This is one recovery and rehydration product you don’t want to take for granted. Take a hint from the name: it’s teeming with natural ingredients which bode well for your long-term health.
Here’s how the manufacturer’s business started out: a young farmer named Melvin Eggers founded Briar Hills Dairy in Centralia, WA, in 1928. He manufactured raw goat milk cheese and then preserved liquid whey (which is rich in minerals and electrolytes) from his products, per Mt. Capra’s official website.
The farm then began manufacturing whey extract or WHEX.Whey extract made such a big impact, nutritional guru Dr. Bernard Jensen prescribed it to his patients in the 1930s. This was way before products such as Rheo H. Blair’s Instant Protein Supplement took the bodybuilding world by storm.
Mr. Eggers and his son retired from farm life in the 1980s. They sold their business to another farmer, Frank Stout. The latter continued the farm’s legacy and then changed its name to Mt. Capri (Italian for “goat”) in January 1985.
He also changed the name of WHEX to Capra Mineral Whey, “and is made the same way today as it was in the 1920s,” per the farm’s official website. Stout and Co. have branched out since, creating new products for their customers to enjoy.
One of them is Mt. Capri Solar Synergy, which the farm calls its “Potent Recovery and Rehydration Aid,” per its official website.
This product “is the answer to a saturated market of unhealthy and overprocessed sports drinks” and “combines the best in goat milk minerals with the world’s most powerful botanical superfoods,” per the same source.
It is “comprised of nine synergistic superfoods and over 20 bio-organic minerals and electrolytes that have been gently extracted from fresh goat milk,” per the company’s website.
Plus, Mt. Capri Solar Synergy boasts of a 3:1 potassium-to-sodium ratio which make it “the perfect alternative to most recovery liquids,” per the same source.
This marks a first for us: we’ve never seen a post-workout supplement which features goat milk as the main ingredient. It’s not every day you find something like this in your supplement store shelves.
Here some of the benefits of goat milk:
- Helps boost bone health, metabolism, and immunity
- Wards off inflammation
- Better nutrient uptake efficiency than cow’s milk
- Improves heart health because of its beneficial fatty acid content
- Regulates blood pressure levels
Health experts love goat milk’s nutrient profile – it closely resembles that of humans’. Because of that, your body is able to maximize it fully due to its superior bioavailability.
Why is this so? Goat’s milk curd is two percent. It’s a lot smaller than its cow’s milk counterpart which is 10 percent.
That bodes perfectly for post-workout purposes. Bear in mind your body is pining for key nutrients after your last rep at the gym. In other words, it is imperative to take advantage of that crucial post-workout anabolic window.
Here’s the good news: the goat’s milk in this product is “100 percent free-range and grass-fed,” per the manufacturer. You don’t need to worry about goats jabbed with growth hormones and the like. Mt. Capra Solar Synergy takes the high road. We love it.
It gets better from here on out: try fortifying your body with powerful superfoods which include goji berries, Lo Han fruit, sea buckthorn, acai berries, elderberries, ashwagandha, organic grape seed extract, Indian gooseberry, organic yacon leaf, and Aronia berries.
We have yet to see a post-workout which has this unique combination. The ingredient profile resembles a multivitamin’s than a post-workout. Don’t take it the wrong way: a recovery product rich in superfoods is always a great bargain.
As for us, we’re certain these unique superfoods will optimize your health and recovery.
Goji berries are first on Mt. Capra Solar Synergy’s superfood list. Check out some of their benefits:
- Help boost skin and eye health due to rich beta-carotene content
- Regulate the immune system
- Provide Vitamin C to ward off the common cold and cough
- Help keep nasty free radicals at bay due to high antioxidant content
Hard training may take a toll on the immune system. Consuming goji berries bodes well for your post-workout recovery. The extra dose of vitamin C helps keep free radicals at bay, boost heart health, improve vision, and regulate blood pressure levels.
Lo Han Fruit
The next key ingredient is Lo Han fruit (also known as Lo Han Guo in China and monk fruit everywhere else).
Aside from stevia, Lo Han fruit is the only other natural sweetener we recommend. Try steering clear of table sugar and high fructose corn syrup whenever possible.
Many fitness experts say Lo Han fruit is safe for those who are monitoring their blood sugar levels. It also helps boost weight loss and provides you with Vitamin C (which helps explain why Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is teeming with ascorbic acid).
Sea buckthorn may sound like an underwater ingredient, but it’s far from it. It’s a Himalayan fruit which has all of the omega fatty acids as well as 60 antioxidants and key amino acids. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
Here are its other benefits:
- Helps improve digestion
- Boosts neurological and nervous system function
- Wards off inflammation
- Helps keep free radicals at bay
- Increases cellular vitality
Notice most of these benefits pertain to what you need post-workout. It turns out you can add sea buckthorn to your recovery grocery list.
If you’re unfamiliar with acai berries, you are missing out big time. These are staple ingredients at your local smoothie bar. This Amazon berry helps improve heart health, regulate digestive and cellular health, increase energy, and boost the immune system.
These are great health benefits. No doubt about it. We’re stoked Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has acai berries.
Ashwagandha is a medicinal herb which helps regulate blood sugar levels, ward off free radicals, lower cortisol levels, alleviate stress, and keep inflammation at bay. It also helps increase muscle mass and strength.
That’s a pretty impressive list of post-workout benefits, if you ask us. Ashwagandha’s abilities to lower cortisol and relieve stress, in particular, caught our eye.
Cortisol – also known as the dreaded stress hormone – can wreak havoc on your muscle-building aspirations. Too much stress gets in the way of building muscle mass. Taking ashwagandha helps offset that.
Elderberries are fruits of a flowering plant found mainly in Europe and North America. They are dark berries with a distinct, sweet taste. Elderberries help regulate digestion and respiration, improve cardiovascular function, boost immunity, regulate blood sugar levels, and strengthen bones.
These are impressive benefits for post-workout purposes and long-term health. Better heart health and strong bones are two things hard-training athletes prioritize. Taking elderberries helps them achieve those two important fitness goals.
Organic Grape Seed Extract
Throwing grape seeds has become second nature to most of us. However, you simply cannot overlook the health benefits of grape seed extract:
- Wards off inflammation
- Improve vitamin C activity
- Boosts heart health
- Promotes healthy blood pressure levels
- Slows down the aging process
We’re glad Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has grape seed extract. If you’ve never reaped their benefits before, now’s the time to do so.
As the name implies, this is an Indian fruit with a distinct sour taste. Nevertheless, it is a tremendous source of vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant. It also has a solid B vitamin arsenal which helps athletes increase their energy levels and improve their cardiovascular function.
Plus, Indian gooseberry helps improve calcium absorption. Calcium is a vital mineral for athletes because they help strengthen bones, nerves, and muscles. This fruit also helps regulate digestion, which is a crucial part of the post-workout recovery process.
Organic Yacon Leaf
This South American plant is popular for its benefits as a sweetener. Experts consider it a healthy alternative for individuals who are monitoring their blood sugar levels. When they conducted studies on rat subjects, they concluded yacon has positive effects on insulin sensitivity.
Not only that, but yacon also helps promote healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels, increase fat loss, boost digestion, ward off free radicals, and regulate liver function. It sure seems to us this South American herb is a bona fide health virtuoso.
Also known as chokeberries, this North American berry is teeming with antioxidants. Aronia berries also help boost weight loss, regulate digestion, enhance cognitive function, improve vision, and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 50: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is a low-fat post-workout at just 50 calories per serving (two scoops).
- Calories from fat, 0: This post-workout supplement has no calories from fat.
- Total fat, 0 g: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has no fat content.
- Saturated fat, 0 g: This product has no saturated fat content, either.
- Trans fat, 0 g: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has no trans fat content.
- Cholesterol, 0 g: Far too many post-workouts go overboard in terms of cholesterol content. Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has no cholesterol content. That’s a welcome sight.
- Sodium, 110 mg: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has just four percent of the daily value for sodium (five percent or less of the daily value is minuscule), which makes it safe to consume even for those who are monitoring their salt intake.
- Total carbohydrate, 10 g: This product has a measly three percent of the daily value for carbs, which makes it a low-carb supplement. Thus, Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is a perfect complement to any low-carb nutrition plan. The sugar content is also reasonable at just four grams per serving. The bonus: the manufacturer uses stevia, a natural, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Protein, 2 g: It turns out Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has just four percent of the daily value for protein. In other words, this is not the supplement for you if you want to build and increase muscle mass. The manufacturer is also honest about it. “Whey does not always mean protein. Capra Mineral Whey is a mineral supplement and the amount of protein found in it is quite small,” per its official website. If you want more protein, try a separate protein supplement.
- Potassium, 10 percent DV: While the potassium content isn’t high (anything more than 15 percent of the DV is), it’s decent. In fact, it’s not that far off from a typical coconut water product, which is another ideal post-workout option. We feel this product’s potassium content is just right in terms of post-workout replenishment purposes.
- Calcium, 10 percent DV: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is a decent source of calcium, at 10 percent of the daily value. Again, this should be enough to help replenish your depleted post-workout electrolyte stores.
- Vitamin C, 102 percent DV: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has a solid 102 percent the daily value for Vitamin C. This powerful antioxidant not only helps stifle free radical activity, but it also helps ward off the common cold, boost heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, and improve eyesight.
- Iron, four percent DV: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is not a significant source of iron at a paltry four percent of the daily value.
We can aptly sum up the value of Mt. Capra Solar Synergy: harness the power of goat’s milk and superfoods for optimum recovery. We daresay you won’t be able to find another post-workout supplement which has these components.
Goat’s milk alone has several impressive post-workout benefits – it helps ward off inflammation, boost cardiovascular health, and boost immunity, among others. Plus, this product’s goat milk content is 100 percent free range and grass-fed. This should resonate well with many customers.
On the other hand, we love the inclusion of several top-notch superfoods such as goji berries, Lo Han fruit, sea buckthorn, acai berries, elderberries, ashwagandha, and the like. If your diet lacks a much-needed superfood punch, Mt. Capra Solar Synergy will provide it.
You not only shorten your recovery, but you also increase your energy levels and boost your long-term health. It just doesn’t get any better than that.
Don’t be alarmed this post-workout product has only two grams of protein per serving. Just bear in mind majority of post-workout supplements have no protein (although they make up for that with the inclusions of creatine, BCAA, glutamine, and other post-workout ingredients).
With that, it’s clear Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is not solely meant for those who want to build muscle mass. Instead, it’s a potent rehydration supplement for athletes of all shapes and sizes.
We also like the product’s 3:1 potassium-to-sodium ratio. Expect better heart health, healthier blood pressure levels, optimal muscle and nerve function, enhanced cognitive function, and a rejuvenated nervous system.
When you purchase this supplement, you also get a heap of ascorbic acid (102 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C). You just cannot pass up on this powerful antioxidant’s crucial health benefits (better heart health, improved vision, increased antioxidant protection, etc.).
Other pluses: we like this product’s low calorie, fat, cholesterol, and sugar content. With that in mind, we tip our hat off to the folks at Mt. Capra for using stevia as the sweetener. We can only hope other manufacturers follow suit.
The company also displays perfect transparency. It’s clear Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has no proprietary blends and fillers. A huge thumbs up to those attributes.
Just about the only downside is its price: Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is somewhat expensive at $32.95 for a 420-gram (14.8-oz.) container.
Other than that, Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is one unique and powerful post-workout product which should make a huge impact on your recovery and long-term health.
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy Benefits
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Helps delay the onset of everyday fatigue
- Improves mental clarity, concentration, and alertness
- Regulates the immune system
- Wards off inflammation
- Boosts cardiovascular health
We agree with these claims. Mt. Capra Solar Synergy’s unique combination of goat’s milk and superfoods should help shorten your recovery time and improve your long-term health.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Mt. Capra Solar Synergy for healthy and active individuals who want to increase endurance, ward off fatigue and inflammation, shorten recovery time, and boost their long-term health.
Any Side Effects?
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy has no glaring side effects. However, if any of the ingredients make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying this product.
Mt. Capra Solar Synergy Review Summary
- Has goat’s milk. Rare post-workout ingredient with tons of health benefits.
- Has several superfoods. Goji berries, Lo Han fruit, sea buckthorn, acai berries, elderberries, ashwagandha, and the like.
- 3:1 potassium-to sodium ratio. Great for recovery and heart health.
- Has stevia. Natural plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C. Solid 102 percent of the daily value.
- Low in calories, fats, carbs, cholesterol, and sugar. These are sure to get the attention of any consumer.
- Great transparency. No proprietary blends and fillers. Thumbs up.
- Low in protein. Not ideal for heavy lifters or those who want to increase muscle mass.
- Somewhat expensive. $32.95 for a 420-gram (14.8-oz.) container.
- Unknown reputation. Not as popular as other post-workouts.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 420-gram Container (14.8-oz.) Container (15-Day Supply): $32.95
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Mt. Capra Solar Synergy
Looks like we found a gold mine in Washington State. Based on our analysis, Mt. Capra Solar Synergy is an unheralded post-workout supplement which is all-natural and teeming with great health benefits. It’s about time you reap them.
We strongly recommend you buy Mt. Capra Solar Synergy and watch your post-workout results soar in no time.