Some international post-workout supplements do not get the recognition they deserve. This Kinetica 100% Recovery review should help broaden your horizon. You’ll find out there are many unheralded bodybuilding supplements all over the globe.
About Kinetica 100% Recovery
Kinetica 100% Recovery “is the ideal 2:1 (carb:protein) post-workout formula containing a tri-carb blend and the highest-quality proteins and vitamins,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Tri-carb blend. Combo of Palatinose, maltodextrin, and waxy maize.
- 25.2 grams of protein per serving. Helps build muscle mass and shorten recovery time.
- Solid source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Vitamins which helps boost long-term health.
Kinetica 100% Recovery Supplement Facts (Wild Berry, 1 kg.)
|1 x SERVING = 75g (2 SCOOPS)|
Servings Per Container: 13
|Nutrient||TYPICAL PER 100g||TYPICAL PER 75g SERVING|
|of which saturates||0.17g||0.12g|
|of which sugars||37.7g||28.3g|
|OTHER ADDED ACTIVE INGREDIENTS|
|L Carnitine L Tartrate||2.7g||2.0g|
|TYPICAL PER 100g||%RI*|
|Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid)||32mg||40%|
|INGREDIENTS: (WILD BERRY) CARBOHYDRATE BLEND (PALATINOSE™ (ISOMALTULOSE*), MALTODEXTRIN, DEXTROSE), BIOTEIN™ RECOV (CROSS-FLOW-MICRO-FILTERED WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, HYDROLYSED WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE (MILK), EMULSIFIER (SOYA LECITHIN)), L ARGININE, L CARNITINE L TARTRATE, NATURAL FLAVOURING, CITRIC ACID, VITAMIN BLEND (ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE), NATURAL COLOURINGS (ELDERBERRY EXTRACT, BEET RED), SWEETENER (SUCRALOSE)|
|Directions: Consume within 20 minutes of intense exercise and training.|
The Ideal Post-Training Recovery Supplement
Perhaps you’ve exhausted your options for bodybuilding post-workout supplements. Our suggestion: try some international products such as the UK’s MyProtein Hurricane XS or Reflex Nutrition Growth Matrix. We believe a little diversity will help spice things up for you.
Let’s see if another UK post-workout can help you achieve your fitness goals. Presenting Kinetica 100% Recovery.
The manufacturer dubs it its “Post-Training Recovery Supplement,” per its official website. Kinetica 100% Recovery “is the ideal 2:1 (carb:protein) post-workout formula containing a tri-carb blend and the highest quality proteins and vitamins,” per the same source.
Our observation: many post-workouts in North America emphasize ingredients such as creatine, glutamine, BCAAs, beta-alanine, betaine, taurine, electrolytes, and the like. They do not stress carbs and protein that much.
On the other hand, a good number of those from the United Kingdom put a premium on a 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio. The formulation is radically different.
You can draw your own conclusions. As for us, we believe the 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio makes sense during the crucial, half-hour post-workout window. Your body desperately needs nutrients during that time. A post-workout carbohydrate and protein fix will help kickstart the replenishment process.
Kinetcia 100% Recovery is more than up to the task with its 39.5 grams of carbs per 75-gram serving (two scoops).
The following components make up its Carbohydrate Blend:
- Palatinose: This is a low-glycemic sugar and by-product of sugar beet which helps increase endurance because of its fat-burning prowess. Not only that, “it is the first non-carcinogenic sugar,” per its official website. It truly is one of a kind.
- Maltodextrin: A carb which comes from corn or rice starch, wheat, or potatoes. In contrast to Palatinose, maltodextrin has a high glycemic index, which means the body absorbs it faster – a plus after a strenuous training session.
- Dextrose: Another fast-acting carb which helps increase glucose levels for increased energy.
The takeaway: the diversity and different absorption rates of Kinetica 100% Recovery’s Carbohydrate Blend allows you to remain in an anabolic state longer for better results.
This product also has an awesome 25.2 grams of protein per serving, which is at par with the likes of big-name products such as MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey.
With this product’s whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate content, we get the impression the manufacturer stresses instant replenishment.
Whey protein isolate (WPI) is the purer form of protein (at least 90 percent) compared to whey protein concentrate (WPC). Your muscles also absorb the former faster because it undergoes a special microfiltration process to eliminate excess carbs and fats.
If you want lightning-fast protein replenishment, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate fits the bill perfectly. This is WPI which undergoes further processing. The manufacturer shrinks the protein molecules and turns them into protein peptides for even faster absorption.
The downside: hydrolyzed whey protein isolate is the most expensive form of protein on the market. Plus, it doesn’t taste as good as its WPC counterpart. Nonetheless, Kinetica 100% Recovery’s hydrolyzed whey protein isolate component should help shorten your recovery time considerably.
The next key ingredient is three grams of l-arginine per serving. This amino acid is a precursor of nitric oxide, a compound which helps dilate and relax your blood vessels.
The end result: increased muscle pumps, improved blood flow, and better nutrient absorption. Check out l-arginine’s other awesome benefits:
- Helps in the muscle protein synthesis process
- Boosts cardiovascular health
- Helps ward off inflammation
- Improves immunity and athletic performance
It turns out l-arginine is more than just vasodilation. If you’re a serious athlete or bodybuilder, you need this amino acid in your supplement repertoire. Three grams of l-arginine per serving ought to do the trick.
This product also has two grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving. This is the fat-burning amino acid l-carnitine bonded to tartaric acid. This results in improved bioavailability and faster absorption. You’ll get better results, for sure.
L-carnitine l-tartrate helps keep post-exercise soreness at bay, shorten recovery time, improve blood flow, increase muscle pumps, increase human growth hormone (HGH), and boost fat loss. We say two grams per serving will go a long way.
Finally, Kinetica 100% Recovery is a solid source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Both are equal to 40 percent of the reference intake percentage (based on the UK system).
Overall, Kinetica 100% Recovery’s heavy emphasis on carbs and protein bodes well for your post-workout goals. Throw in ample amounts of l-arginine and l-carnitine l-tartrate, you’ve got it made.
It is by no means a perfect product (has sucralose, high sugar content, and expensive), but it’s still worth a shot.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Energy, 1,456 kJ/347 kcal: Supplements from the United Kingdom indicate how much energy you get when you consume a particular product. In this case, Kinetica 100% Recovery yields 1,092 kilojoules – more than enough energy for you to conquer your next workout. This supplement has a high calorie amount: 261 per 75-gram serving.
- Fat, 0.26 g: Even if the manufacturer did not indicate the daily value, you can tell right away Kinetica 100% Recovery is low in fats at a measly 0.26 grams per serving. It also has only 0.12 grams of saturated fats for every two scoops.
- Carbohydrates, 39.5 g: Based on our computation, this supplement has approximately 13 percent of the daily value for carbohydrates, which is bordering on high (anything more than 15 percent is considered high). If you’re on a low-carb diet, Kinetica 100% Recovery is not the post-workout for you. Plus, it is high in sugars at 28.3 grams per serving. That’s a lot, folks. What’s even worse is it’s laced with sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener experts have linked to obesity and several side effects.
- Protein, 25.2 g: We laud the manufacturer for putting in this much protein per serving. Like we said, it’s at par with the protein content of several big-name protein powder supplements. We’re confident Kinetica 100% Recovery will help you build muscle and reap the full benefits of whey protein.
- Salt, 0.1 g: Our computation reveals Kinetica 100% Recovery has a measly four percent of the daily value for sodium, an amount which is safe for those who are monitoring their salt intake.
- L-arginine, 3 g: An amino acid and precursor of nitric oxide which acts as a powerful vasodilator. L-arginine also increases muscle pumps, improves nutrient uptake, and promote healthy blood pressure levels.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 2 g: This is a form of the fat-burning amino acid l-carnitine bonded to tartaric acid. Simply known as LCLT, this ingredient helps ward off post-workout soreness and boost muscle recovery. It also helps improve blood flow, just like nitric oxide.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), 40 percent RI: This supplement is a solid source of Vitamin C at 40 percent of the reference intake (RI) percentage, based on the UK system. Vitamin C helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, improve vision, keep free radicals at bay, boost heart health, and ward off the common cold.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol acetate), 40 percent RI: Kinetica 100% Recovery is also a solid source of Vitamin E, which helps delay the onset of fatigue, improve cardiovascular health, improve eyesight, and protect the skin.
After sizing things up, we say Kinetica 100% Recovery is a competent post-workout supplement which has tremendous potential. You begin with the 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio, which is precisely what your muscle need after a grueling workout.
Kinetica 100% Recovery’s Carbohydrate Blend comprised of Palatinose, maltodextrin, and waxy maize will help replenish your glycogen stores, increase endurance, and keep you in an anabolic state longer (thanks to the different absorption rates).
We’re stoked this product has Palatinose, which, like we pointed out, also helps boost fat loss. Not too many post-workouts have it, so take advantage.
As for Kinetica 100% Recovery’s protein content (25.2 grams per serving), the combination of whey protein isolate and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate will help nourish your muscles in rapid-fire fashion.
We also like the fact this product has three grams of l-arginine and two grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving.
L-arginine is popular for its ability to improve blood flow, dilate blood vessels, and produce awesome muscle pumps. It also helps improve heart health, keep inflammation at bay, and improve athletic performance – all important post-workout benefits.
On the other hand, if you need some help with post-workout muscle soreness and recovery, l-carnitine l-tartrate is here to save the day. LCLT also helps increase fat loss and ramp up HGH levels. If your goal is to muscle up and increase definition, this ingredient should fit the bill.
We also commend the manufacturer for including extra doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, which will help you achieve your post-workout goals and improve your long-term health.
Other pluses: Kinetica 100% Recovery is low in fats and salt. We also give the manufacturer props for its transparency – no proprietary blends whatsoever.
We also commend the company for using elderberry extract (helps lower cholesterol) and beet red (helps regulate blood pressure levels) for the food coloring.
Kinetica 100% Recovery has also enjoyed a good reputation among customers. They say it has worked well for them.
In this day and age when nasty artificial food colorings are prevalent, it’s great to know some manufacturers take the high road. Unfortunately, the folks at Kinetica Sports included a high dose of sugar (28.3 grams per serving). You can attribute this to the high post-workout carb content.
The company also used Splenda, an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to obesity. It would have been better if the company used stevia (a natural sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar and blood pressure levels) instead.
Lastly, Kinetica 100% Recovery is somewhat expensive at approximately $48.83 for a one-kg. (2.2-lb.) container.
Despite its chinks, Kinetica 100% Recovery should still help you achieve your post-workout goals. Try it, and see what it can do for you.
Kinetica 100% Recovery Benefits
Kinetica 100% Recovery has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Minimizes post-exercise muscle breakdown
- Helps shorten recovery time
- Features a potent protein blend
- Boasts of a great-tasting formula
We agree with most of these claims. Kinetica 100% Recovery is a promising post-workout supplement which can help you achieve your fitness goals and then some.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Kinetica 100% Recovery for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass and endurance, keep post-exercise muscle breakdown in check, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While Kinetica 100% Recovery has no glaring side effects, we encourage those who are watching their sugar intake to skip this product. This product’s 28.3 grams of sugar per serving may be of some concern.
This post-workout also has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to weight gain.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying Kinetica 100% Recovery.
Kinetica 100% Recovery Review Summary
- Carbohydrate Blend. Combination of Palatinose, maltodextrin, and dextrose.
- Has Palatinose. Fat-burning and carcinogen-free carbohydrate which helps increase endurance.
- 25.2 grams of protein per serving. This much is at par with some big-name protein supplements.
- Three grams of l-arginine per serving. Nitric oxide precursor which helps improve blood flow and increase muscle pumps.
- Two grams of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving. Helps ward off muscle soreness and shorten recovery time.
- Solid source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Vitamins which helps boost long-term health.
- Low in fats and sodium. We give this a thumbs up.
- Good transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts.
- Good reputation. Customers have given this product high marks online.
- Two flavors. Comes in Wild Berry and Orange & Mango varieties. You choose.
- High in sugar. One serving yields 28.3 grams of sugar.
- Dirty ingredient. Has Splenda, an artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain.
- Somewhat expensive. $48.83 for a one-kg. (2.2-lb.), 13-serving container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 one-kg. (2.2-lb.) container (13-Day Supply): $48.83
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Kinetica 100% Recovery
We’ve laid out the facts for you. Kinetica 100% Recovery has tremendous potential. Its impressive Carbohydrate Blend, 25.2 grams of protein per serving, and the inclusions of l-arginine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E speak volumes.
Unfortunately, its high sugar content, sucralose content, and somewhat high price pulled its value down. Come to think of it, why spend your hard-earned money for a measly 13 servings?
We still recommend you try Kinetica 100% Recovery, but if you want to be practical, you’re better off getting a cheaper and cleaner post-workout.