If you’re looking for a post-workout supplement which is teeming with vitamins and minerals, HerbaLife24 Rebuild Strength should be right up your alley. This review will show you a post-workout can go the extra mile.
About Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is the “Immediate and Sustained Muscle Recovery” product, per its official website. Formula notes:
- Twenty-four grams of protein per serving. Combo of whey and casein for more muscle mass.
- Tremendous source of vitamins and minerals. Contains outstanding amounts of ascorbic acid, B vitamins, and calcium.
- Expensive. $80.00 for a 36.5-oz. (2.2-lb.) container.
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 35.6 oz. [1010 g.])
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (about 51 grams)
Servings Per Container: 20
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g||5%|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||90 mg||150%|
|Vitamin E (as DL -Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate)||8 IU||27%|
|Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine Mononitrate)||1.1 mg||73%|
|Vitamin B 6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||1 mg||50%|
|Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)||3 mcg||50%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium D-Pantothenate)||5 mg||50%|
|Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate)||3.2 mg||18%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Citrate)||120 mg||30%|
|Chromium (as Chromium Chloride)||12 mcg||10%|
|Sodium (as Sea Salt)||190 mg||8%|
|Potassium (as Potassium Citrate)||350 mg||10%|
|Stevia Extract (Leaf)||60 mg||†|
|Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend||14 g||†|
|Milk Protein Isolate, L-Glutamine, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein
Concentrate, Instantized Branched Chain Amino Acids [(BCAA) L-Leucine,
Valine and Isoleucine] and Calcium Caseinate
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Fructose, Sugar, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali), Maltodextrin, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Modified Food Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Natural Flavors, Silicon Dioxide and Guar Gum.|
|DIRECTIONS: Gently shake the canister prior to each use as contents may settle. Mix 2 scoops (about 51 g) with 8 fl oz of water or liquid of your choice and shake. Consume one shake per day within 30 minutes following physical activity.|
Immediate and Sustained Muscle Recovery
We thought its 28 grams of protein per serving, l-glutamine, and BCAA content make it a decent post-workout.
Now, let’s see if Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength can surpass lofty expectations.
The manufacturer gives this product a downright simple description: Immediate and Sustained Muscle Recovery. We like it. It’s the kind of marketing tag line which gets your attention.
“We’ve created a sustained muscle-building shake that delivers a tri-core protein-amino blend of free amino acids, whey, and casein proteins, to help rebuild fatigued muscle over a multi-hour period,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
“Rebuild Strength’s carbohydrate blend helps enhance muscle recovery by supporting the delivery of amino acids for muscle synthesis,” per the same source.
Our initial impression: Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength covers all the post-workout bases. If you look at its comprehensive ingredients list, we’re sure you’ll agree with us.
Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend, 14 grams
The star of the show here is 14 grams of Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend per 51-gram serving (two scoops).
If you also take a closer look, the ingredient label says this product has 24 grams of protein per serving.
So, how do we reconcile those facts?
Well, the manufacturer’s official website says the 24 grams of protein per serving come from “whey and casein proteins” which “create a rapid and sustained protein-building state.”
It’s almost right up there with the likes of Kris Gethin’s KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED (one of the most impressive post-workouts we’ve seen to date). Each 47-gram scoop yields a solid 28 grams of whey protein isolate per serving.
On that note, Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s 24 grams of protein per serving will help, but they’re not as potent as the likes of KAGED MUSCLE RE-KAGED.
Nonetheless, it’s still impressive considering most post-workouts don’t have protein content (most of them stick to creatine, BCAAs, glutamine, and the like).
Here are the components of Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend:
- Milk protein isolate – a protein comprised of 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey. Thus, it has both slow- and fast-absorbing properties. Milk protein isolate is great for increasing satiety, preserving muscle mass, and boosting weight loss.
- L-glutamine – the most abundant amino acid which is known for its muscle-preserving benefits. Glutamine also helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, increase exercise performance, and regulate the immune system.
- Whey protein isolate – The purer form of whey at 90 to 95 percent protein. It has less carbs and fats than whey protein concentrate (WPC). It also has a faster absorption rate.
- Whey protein concentrate – The less pure form of whey at 70 to 85 percent. Although it has more carbs and fats than whey protein isolate (WPI), it has more immune-boosting properties. It also tastes better and is cheaper.
- Instantized branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) – The potent branched-chain amino acid combo of leucine, isoleucine, and valine which helps build muscle mass, repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and regulate the immune system.
- Calcium caseinate – As the name implies, this is a type of casein (slow-absorbing) protein which has a complete amino acid profile and is rich in calcium and phosphorus.
Our take: this blend is pretty solid, considering it has several great muscle-building and preserving ingredients. We remain confident it will help you achieve “immediate and sustained muscle recovery,” just like what the manufacturer claims.
The bad news: The Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend is proprietary. Notice the manufacturer fails to break down the individual ingredient amounts. This doesn’t bode well for the consumer. A little honesty would have gone a long way.
Carbohydrates, 18 grams
As for Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s carbohydrate component, it takes up 18 grams per 51-gram serving (two scoops).
Okay, here’s the breakdown: each serving is made up of 14 grams of sugar and four grams of maltodextrin. That’s a bit of a head scratcher, if you ask us.
Why? This is by far the only post-workout we’ve seen whose carb component is at least 75 percent sugar. That’s insane. Mind you, we’re talking about a combination of sugar and fructose here – two ingredients which can be detrimental to your health (weight gain, increased blood pressure levels, etc.).
As for maltodextrin, it’s a complex carb and a by-product of corn, rice, or potato starch. Your system doesn’t absorb it as fast as dextrose, a post-workout monosaccharide. Even if maltodextrin is a popular choice among athletes, some fitness experts are wary of its side effects, such as low blood sugar levels.
In a nutshell, Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s carbohydrate blend is far from impressive. It has a lot of question marks. Its sugar and fructose content alone can raise a lot of eyebrows.
On the bright side, we love the tons of additional health benefits when you take this supplement. This is the post-workout which has the most, by far. HerbaLife24 Rebuild Strength is teeming with vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin C – 150 percent of the daily value
- Vitamin B1 – 73 percent of the daily value
- Vitamin B6 – 50 percent of the daily value
- Vitamin B12 – 50 percent of the daily value
- Pantothenic acid – 50 percent of the daily value
- Calcium – 40 percent of the daily value
It’s not every day you stumble upon a post-workout which gives you a solid 150 percent of the daily value of vitamin C(for reference, a daily value of at least 15 percent is high). We’re talking about a powerful antioxidant which also boosts heart health, regulates blood pressure levels, shores up blood vessel health, and improves vision.
The high B vitamin levels also get a thumbs-up from us. In general, these vitamins help increase energy levels and boost cardiovascular function – two important post-workout benefits.
As for the 40 percent of the daily value for calcium, it’s a sure bet to improve heart health, regulate blood pressure levels, strengthen bones, and ward off free radicals.
Plus, we like the manufacturer including stevia (60 milligrams per serving), a natural, zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps promote healthy blood pressure levels.
All in all, HerbaLife24 Rebuild Strength is a solid post-workout supplement. You can’t go wrong with its Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend and vitamin and mineral combination. The carb component has a few loopholes, though. If the manufacturer irons out the kinks sooner than later, that’ll be great.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 190: Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a fairly high amount of calories for a post-workout with 190 per serving (the industry average is 100 to 150 per scoop). However, you can still achieve your fitness goals with sound nutrition, regular training, and ample rest.
- Total fat, 1.5 g: This product is low in fats at just two percent of the daily value.
- Cholesterol, 35 mg: Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has more cholesterol than the usual post-workout at 11 percent of the daily value. If you’re watching your cholesterol intake, better skip this one.
- Total carbohydrate, 18 g: It’s great this supplement’s carb content doesn’t go overboard at just five percent of the daily value. However, we were not impressed with its components – fructose, sucrose, and maltodextrin. Like we said, this is the only post-workout whose carb component is made up of mostly sugar. Not good.
- Sugars, 14 g: A hefty amount of sugar and fructose (a.k.a. high fructose corn syrup) is not good for the body. Many studies have linked fructose to obesity, high blood pressure, and cardiovascular issues. Stevia would have been the better option.
- Protein, 24 g: The combination of whey and casein helps your muscles remain in an anabolic state longer – exactly what you want after a hard workout. Whey feeds your muscles immediately after training while casein helps preserve them for up to eight hours. We feel the 24 grams of protein in this product is potent for a post-workout.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 90 mg: Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a solid 150 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid, folks. Not only will it help you ward off the common cold, but it will also help increase your energy levels and endurance, regulate blood pressure levels, improve heart and blood vessel health, keep free radicals at bay, and boost vision.
- Vitamin E (as DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate), 8 IU: This vitamin helps ward off free radicals, lower cholesterol, and boost heart health. Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a solid 27 percent of the daily value for this vitamin.
- Vitamin B1 (as thiamine mononitrate), 1.1 mg: This B vitamin helps increase energy, improve appetite, and boost the digestive and cardiovascular systems. Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is a great source at 73 percent of the daily value.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), 1 mg: A vitamin which helps maintain healthy blood vessels, eyes, brain, and blood pressure levels. This supplement is a great source at 50 percent of the daily value.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 3 mcg: This vitamin helps increase energy levels and boost the cardiovascular and nervous systems. Once again, Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is a great source at 50 percent of the daily value.
- Pantothenic acid (as calcium D-pantothenate), 5 mg: Also known as Vitamin B5, this ingredient helps delay the onset of post-exercise fatigue, maintain healthy blood pressure levels, and strengthen the immune system. This product can help you achieve all of these with its 50 percent daily value for Vitamin B5.
- Calcium, 400 mg: Any time a post-workout helps you build strong bones and teeth and maintain healthy blood pressure levels, consider it a bonus. Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a solid 40 percent of the daily value for this mineral.
- Iron (as ferrous fumarate), 3.2 mg: While this product’s iron content (18 percent of the daily value) isn’t as much as the other vitamins and minerals, it should still help. Iron helps maintain muscle health because of its role in muscular contraction. It also helps ward off fatigue and form hemoglobin, which carries oxygen throughout the body.
- Magnesium (as magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate), 120 mg: This mineral helps increase energy levels, keep muscular discomfort at bay, and boost the digestive and cardiovascular systems. Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a respectable 30 percent of the daily value.
- Chromium (as chromium chloride), 12 mcg: This mineral helps enhance insulin activity and maintain normal metabolism. This product has an adequate amount at 10 percent of the daily value.
- Sodium (as sea salt), 190 mg: While Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength doesn’t go overboard on its sodium levels (eight percent of the daily value), those who are monitoring their salt intake are better off purchasing a post-workout which has five percent or less the daily value.
- Potassium (as potassium citrate), 350 mg: Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has a decent potassium content at 10 percent of the daily value. This mineral helps regulate sodium levels and blood pressure levels.
- Stevia extract (leaf), 60 mg: A natural, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend, 14 g
- Milk protein isolate: This kind of protein is 80 percent casein and 20 percent whey. It helps preserve muscle mass and increase satiety.
- L-glutamine: Versatile amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase HGH levels, and regulate the digestive system.
- Whey protein isolate: WPI is 90 to 95 percent protein. It also has fewer carbs and fats than WPC. However, it can taste a bit bitter and is more expensive.
- Whey protein concentrate: WPC is 7o to 85 percent protein. In spite of its higher carb and fat content, it has more immune-boosting properties. It tastes better and is cheaper than WPI, too.
- Instantized branched chain amino acids [(BCAA) l-leucine, valine, and isoleucine]:Renowned BCAA triumvirate which helps build muscle mass, increase endurance, and repair muscle tissue.
- Calcium caseinate: Slow-absorbing protein which is rich in calcium and phosphorus.
After thoroughly sizing up Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength, we say it’s a double-edged sword. We give a thumbs-up to its Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend and a huge thumbs-down to its carb content.
To begin with, this supplement is a great source of post-workout protein at 24 grams of whey and casein per serving. Like we said, that much can help your body remain in an anabolic (muscle-building) state longer.
We also like the different kinds of muscle-building ingredients Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has: milk protein isolate, WPC, WPI, l-glutamine, BCAAs, and calcium caseinate. With that, we are confident this supplement can help you pack on lean muscle mass in conjunction with a healthy diet, consistent training and ample rest.
The great thing about Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is it not only helps you achieve your post-workout goals, but it also helps boost your long-term health as well. You can check out its potent vitamin and mineral arsenal. That’s hard evidence right there.
You simply can’t go wrong with 150 percent of the daily value for ascorbic acid, 73 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B1, and 40 percent of the daily value for calcium. Expect better heart health, increased antioxidant protection, boosted energy levels, and stronger bones, among other things.
We also like the fact Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is low in fats (two percent DV). Some bodybuilding supplement manufacturers go overboard, but not this one.
As great as this supplement’s upsides are, it also has a fatal downside: dirty ingredients such as fructose. Experts have scrutinized this ingredient for quite some time because of its side effects. We say it should not be in any bodybuilding supplement.
To make matters worse, Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength’s sugar content comprises 14 of the 18 grams of its carbohydrate content. Whenever a supplement’s sugar component comprises most of its carbohydrate content, it’s a head scratcher.
This product also has a somewhat high cholesterol content at 11 percent of the daily value. It doesn’t go overboard, but if you’re monitoring your cholesterol intake, better ask your doctor for advice.
The manufacturer didn’t impress us with its transparency. We already pointed out this product’s Tri-Core Amino Protein Blend is proprietary in nature.
Lastly, Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength doesn’t come cheap: it costs approximately $80.00 for a 35.6-oz. (2.2-lb.) container. It’ll put a dent on your wallet.
Nonetheless, HerbaLife24 Rebuild Strength has some potential despite its flaws. You can try it, but there are better post-workout supplements on the market.
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength Benefits
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Combined 24 grams of whey and casein protein per serving
- Tri-core protein-amino blend comprised of milk protein isolate, WPC, WPI, l-glutamine, and calcium caseinate
- Iron component which helps protect red blood cells
- BCAAs for more muscle growth
- L-glutamine which helps repair muscle tissue and boost the immune system
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build lean muscle mass, increase energy and endurance, keep post-exercise fatigue at bay, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength contains fructose, which experts have linked to obesity, cardiovascular issues, and other side effects. It is also somewhat high in cholesterol at 11 percent of the daily value.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying HerbaLife24 Rebuild Strength.
Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength Review Summary
- Twenty-four grams of protein per serving. Combo of whey and casein protein for more muscle mass.
- Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend. Milk protein isolate, WPC, WPI, l-glutamine, BCAAs, and calcium caseinate.
- Heaps of bonus ingredients. Teeming with important vitamins and minerals.
- Low in fats. A measly two percent of the daily value.
- Contains fructose. Pertains to high fructose corn syrup, a sweetener which experts have linked to many side effects.
- Proprietary blend. Manufacturer doesn’t break down individual components of the Tri-Core Protein Amino Blend.
- Somewhat high in cholesterol. Eleven percent of the daily value.
- Expensive. $80.00 for a 36.5-oz. (2.2-lb.) container.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 36.5-oz. (2.2-lb.) Container (20-Day Supply): $80.00
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength
When we told you Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength is a double-edged sword, please take our word for it.
It has good protein content, has tons of vitamins and minerals, and is low in fats. On the other hand, it has fructose, a proprietary blend, and a steep price.
The bottom line: there are plenty of cheaper and cleaner post-workout supplements on the market.
While you can still try Herbalife24 Rebuild Strength, we recommend you be more practical and stick to a different brand.