When you are looking for a solid post-workout supplement, “comprehensive” is one adjective which should describe it.
We feel FATE Recovery Post-Workout fits that criteria.
How does its BCAA, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, beta-alanine, and betaine anhydrous content grab you?
Buckle up and enjoy the review, folks.
About FATE Recovery Post-Workout
FATE Recovery Post-Workout is “a scientifically designed potion that combines effective doses of every ingredient your body needs after exercise, or physical activity, to dramatically improve and accelerate recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Great ingredient combo. BCAAs, glutamine, creatine HCl, CarnoSyn, and betaine anhydrous.
- No proprietary blends. Awesome.
- Expensive. $34.99 for a 300-gram container.
FATE Recovery Post-Workout Supplement Facts (Gummy Bear, 300 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (10g)
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate||1000 mg||†|
|Creatine HCl||1000 mg||†|
|Beta Alanine (Carnosyn®)||1000 mg||†|
|Betaine Anhydrous||750 mg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Natural Flavors, Red Beet Powder (color), Malic Acid, Silica, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, and Salt.|
|DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement, mix 1-2 scoops per 8-12 oz., shake well and consume within 30 minutes after exercise.|
The 100% Open Formula Recovery Supplement
We love bodybuilding post-workout supplements with 4:1:1 BCAA ratios.
Can FATE Recovery Post-Workout trump both of them?
Here’s another promising post-workout product with a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio.
The manufacturer dubs it its signature 100 percent Open Formula Recovery Supplement, per its official website.
FATE Recovery Post-Workout is also “a scientifically-designed recovery potion that combines effective doses of every ingredient your body needs after exercise, or physical activity, to dramatically improve and accelerate recovery,” per the same source.
A scientifically-designed recovery potion.
Sounds interesting, to say the least.
Come to think of it, what will post-workout manufacturers come up with next? A post-workout elixir?
We couldn’t care less as long as the product is effective. That’s what matters.
After going over the ingredients list, we discovered most of the important post-workout supplement components are present:
- BCAAs: l-leucine, l-isoleucine, and l-valine
- L-carnitine l-tartrate
- Creatine hydrochloride
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn)
- Betaine anhydrous
Our first impression: FATE Recovery Post-Workout has all of your post-workout needs covered.
Let’s start with two grams of leucine per serving.
No post-workout supplement would be complete without leucine, the most anabolic amino acid.
After a hard workout, you put your muscles through a lot of stress and damage. Leucine’s role is to kickstart the protein synthesis process for more muscle growth.
In short, no leucine, no muscle.
Little do most people know leucine also helps preserve muscle mass and boost weight loss.
It does the latter by triggering the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus (the part of the brain which produces hormones).
The takeaway: leucine helps you pack on muscle mass and lose weight at the same time.
Just how amazing is that?
Granted, this product does not have the highest amount of leucine per serving (some such as Jacked Factory POWERBUILD have an awesome four grams of leucine per scoop), but it’s decent, nonetheless.
Next up are two grams of glutamine per serving.
Glutamine is another indispensable post-workout ingredient. While leucine primarily helps you build muscle, glutamine helps you preserve it.
In addition, glutamine helps increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, boost the immune and digestive systems, improves athletic performance, and wards off nasty free radicals.
You can see for yourself “versatile” is an apt description for this ingredient. No wonder the icons of the Golden Era of Bodybuilding raved about it.
FATE Recovery Post-Workout also has one gram of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving.
When you hear the word “carnitine,” most likely the first thing that comes to mind is fat burning.
However, l-carnitine l-tartrate is more than just that.
It also helps boost the body’s response to insulin and increases energy and endurance.
When you supplement with l-carnitine l-tartrate, you’ll be able to work out longer and harder.
Plus, it helps “improve blood flow” and “promote lean muscle growth,” per the product’s official website.
We like that.
Next is FEAT Recovery Post-Workout’s one gram of creatine hydrochloride per serving.
Check out some of creatine’s benefits, folks:
- Helps increase muscle mass
- Increases anaerobic and aerobic endurance
- Helps improve neurological health
- Regulates blood sugar levels
This product uses creatine hydrochloride instead of the more popular creatine monohydrate.
Don’t get us wrong, the latter is the most effective and cheapest kind of creatine. However, it has gotten some flak for its poor solubility.
Enter creatine hydrochloride.
This kind mixes better than creatine monohydrate. Long story short: you won’t find yourself griping about FATE Recovery Post-Workout’s solubility.
The downside: it ups the cost some more.
On the other hand, we’re sure you will benefit from FATE Recovery’s one gram of beta-alanine (CarnoSyn) per serving.
This ingredient is a precursor of the proton buffer carnosine. Fitness experts believe the higher the levels of carnosine your muscles have, the more enhanced your athletic performance becomes.
The good news: CarnoSyn is not your ordinary kind of beta-alanine.
CarnoSyn beta-alanine “is a leading ingredient in sports nutrition formulations and the only beta-alanine licensed under NAI’s global patent estate for use as a human dietary supplement,” per its official website.
In other words, the kind of beta-alanine you’re getting in FATE Recovery Post-Workout is top-notch.
No more, no less.
Here are CarnoSyn’s other benefits, per its official webpage:
- Healthier muscles and increased strength
- Increased endurance
- Enhanced peak performance capabilities
- Suitable for different activity levels
We are confident you will achieve the same kind of results when you consume CarnoSyn found in FATE Recovery Post-Workout.
This supplement also has 750 milligrams of betaine anhydrous per serving.
Betaine anhydrous helps increase power output, anaerobic capacity, and energy levels.
Plus, research suggests it may help lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, boosting your cardiovascular health in the process.
Next, FATE Recovery Post-Workout has 500 milligrams each of the two other branch-chained amino acids (BCAAs), l-valine and l-isoleucine.
The former helps increase endurance, boost the immune system, and repair muscle tissue.
For its part, the latter plays a key role in restoring a positive protein and nitrogen balance for more muscle growth – a great complement to leucine.
Finally, FATE Recovery Post-Workout’s 2.5 milligrams of BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract) per serving will help boost nutrient absorption for better results.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- L-leucine, 2000 mg: Two grams per serving of the most anabolic amino acid following a 4:1:1 BCAA ratio is not the highest in the industry. However, it should help in conjunction with regular exercise, sound nutrition, and enough rest.
- L-glutamine, 2000 mg: After leucine helps you build muscle mass, glutamine helps you preserve it. In addition, expect your HGH levels to soar and athletic performance to improve when you supplement with the most abundant amino acid.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate, 1000 mg: Not only will you increase endurance when you consume FATE Recovery Post-Workout, you will also torch fat, thanks to its l-carnitine l-tartrate component. One gram per serving ought to do the trick.
- Creatine HCl, 1000 mg: We’re a bit disappointed this product only has one gram of creatine per serving (other top-notch per workouts have at least three grams per serving or so). Nonetheless, it should help one way or another.
- Beta-alanine (CarnoSyn), 1000 mg: Like we said, the higher the carnosine levels, the better the athletic performance. This product has top-notch beta-alanine content in CarnoSyn, which should produce tremendous results.
- Betaine anhydrous, 750 mg: Another Jack of all trades as far as post-workout ingredients are concerned. Betaine anhydrous helps increase power output, energy levels, and anaerobic capacity. Good stuff all around, folks.
- L-valine, 500 mg: The BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, and boost the immune system.
- L-isoleucine, 500 mg: The BCAA which helps tilt the protein and nitrogen balance in your favor for more muscle growth.
- BioPerine, 2.5 mg: This is more commonly known as black pepper fruit extract, an ingredient which helps boost the nutrient absorption process – a crucial factor after a hard workout. The faster the absorption, the better the results.
For all intents and purposes, FATE Recovery Post-Workout covers all the bases, folks.
If you’re knowledgeable about post-workout ingredients, you should know this product has a little bit of everything.
Leucine and BCAAs? Check.
L-carnitine l-tartrate? Check?
Betaine anhydrous? Check.
That many proven ingredients should help you achieve a wide array of post-workout goals. Trust us.
While leucine and creatine hydrochloride do the muscle building, glutamine does the muscle preserving.
Meanwhile, l-carnitine l-tartrate, CarnoSyn, and betaine anhydrous have a plethora of overlapping post-workout benefits which should produce awesome results.
That much is certain, folks.
The manufacturer gets right down to it: it lists all of the ingredient amounts. No fuss, no frills.
More importantly, no deceiving proprietary blends.
Even though FATE Recovery Post-Workout has a tremendous upside, it also has several downsides.
First, we’re a bit disappointed in the creatine hydrochloride dosage.
Come on. Many competitors include the optimum amount of five grams of creatine per serving.
We’re talking about a time-tested bodybuilding supplement ingredient here. Why settle for much less? Your consumers could have benefited more.
Second, FATE Recovery Post-Workout has a dirty ingredient in sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda).
You should know this artificial sweetener has been linked to obesity and several side effects.
Memo to the manufacturer: using stevia (a zero-calorie, plant-based sweetener which helps regulate blood sugar levels) could have been much better.
The company could have also been more transparent with other key ingredients such as sodium, carbs, sugar, and the like. It would have been more useful to the customers.
Finally, this product doesn’t come cheap: a 300-gram container costs $34.99.
FATE Recovery Post-Workout Benefits
FATE Recovery Post-Workout has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Repairs muscle tissue
- Helps build lean muscle
- Increases strength
- Helps shorten recovery time
We agree with all of the claims. FATE Recovery Post-Workout is one of the special products which has most of the proven post-workout ingredients. Get yours today.
Who Takes It?
FATE Recovery Post-Workout is intended for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age and want to build lean muscle mass, increase strength and endurance, shorten recovery, lose fat, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
While FATE Recovery Post-Workout has no glaring side effects, it has sucralose (Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and several health issues. If this or any other ingredient concerns you, do not hesitate to consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
FATE Recovery Post-Workout Summary
- Great ingredient combo. BCAAs, glutamine, creatine hydrochloride, CarnoSyn, and betaine anhydrous.
- Two grams of glutamine per serving. Helps preserve muscle mass and increase HGH levels.
- One gram of l-carnitine l-tartrate per serving. Helps boost recovery, blood flow, and muscle growth.
- One gram of CarnyoSyn per serving. Top-notch beta-alanine brand.
- Has BioPerine. Black pepper fruit extract which boosts nutrient absorption.
- No proprietary blends. Awesome.
- Creatine content. Measly one gram per serving. Should have been more.
- Dirty ingredient. Has Splenda, which has been linked to obesity.
- Transparency. Could have disclosed key ingredients such as sodium, sugar, potassium, etc.
- Expensive. $34.99 for a 300-gram container.
- Reputation. Not as known as other post-workout supplements.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 300-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $34.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on FATE Recovery Post-Workout
We like the fact FATE Recovery Post-Workout includes time-tested ingredients.
BCAAs, creatine, glutamine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, CarnoSyn, and betaine anhydrous are all present.
You’re sure to get good results.
However, it has a few chinks in its armor: the lack of creatine, sucralose content, and expensive price.
Nonetheless, we still recommend FATE Recovery Post-Workout – although to a lesser degree than other known post-workouts on the market.