If you’ve been waiting for a post-workout supplement to break the record for l-arginine and l-glutamine content, today is your day. EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor shatters these, and then some. This is one review which will make your eyes bulge out, for sure.
About EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is an “advanced formula for post-training recovery” whose ingredients “have been clinically shown to increase muscle strength, mass, and power,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Seven grams of l-arginine per serving. No other post-workout comes close.
- Seven grams of l-glutamine per serving. One of the highest – if not the highest – we’ve seen among bodybuilding supplements.
- Solid source of calcium. Twenty percent of the daily value for stronger bones and teeth.
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor Supplement Facts (Orange, 1.65 lbs.)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (25 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g||2%|
|Calcium HMB (B-hydroxy-B-methylbutyrate monohydrate)||1.5 g||†|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, and FD&C Yellow # 6.|
NO FRUIT JUICE.
|Directions For Myoplex Muscle Armor: Take 1 serving after a workout and 1 serving between meals. Mix 1 scoop with 12 fl. oz. of cold water. Do not exceed 2 servings per day.|
Post-Workout Armor for Strength, Mass, And Power
Don’t you just love it when somebody associates a bodybuilding supplement with armor? It’s an apt comparison, especially for post-workout products.
Your muscles suffer some serious wear and tear during a rigorous workout. You need to protect them during the crucial post-exercise anabolic window. This is where a post-workout product such as EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor come into play.
The manufacturer dubs it an “advanced formula for post-training recovery” which help restore your muscles and prevent muscle breakdown, per its official website.
This product harnesses the power of four key ingredients:
- Calcium HMB
A ton of post-workout manufacturers include countless ingredients to make their formulas more comprehensive. Either that or it’s a lame attempt at trying to get the consumer’s attention.
Not EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor – it’s a simple product from top to bottom. Sometimes, less is more. You can apply that key takeaway to the bodybuilding supplement industry, too.
We’ve dubbed many post-workouts simple and effective. Our hope is we can say the same thing about this product. The takeaway: your post-workout doesn’t need many fancy ingredients to produce great results.
The first main ingredient of EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is an impressive seven grams of l-arginine per serving. We have yet to see a post-workout with that much.
The first thing that comes to mind when you see l-arginine is nitric oxide. After all, the former is a precursor of the latter. If you’re into bodybuilding, you should know by now nitric oxide helps improve blood flow, dilate the blood vessels, boost nutrient absorption, increase strength, and create awesome muscle pumps.
Plus, l-arginine plays a key role in building muscle. Your body needs this amino acid during the muscle synthesis process – once the muscle becomes bigger, l-arginine delivers a signal to your muscle cells.
This, in turn, results in the production of more human growth hormone (HGH) and the metabolism of fat. The end result: lean muscle mass. In fact, l-arginine’s ability to ramp up HGH levels is one of the reasons athletes put this amino acid high on their priority list.
Without a doubt, seven grams per serving will give you all of these spectacular benefits.
From a post-workout perspective, l-arginine’s most important role is that of a vasodilator. When it dilates your blood vessels, it primes them to receive more nutrients. Once this happens, your recovery time shortens and your performance improves. We believe that’s the key to effective post-workout replenishment.
Not too many people know l-arginine also helps boost the immune system. Working out is a form of stress, and that may compromise your immunity if you’re not careful. Supplementing with this amino acid helps offset that.
Next up are seven grams of l-glutamine per serving. That’s also the most we’ve ever seen in a post-workout product. EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor packs a mean l-arginine and l-glutamine punch, that’s for sure. That bodes well for your recovery.
Prior to this, the most amount of glutamine we’ve seen in a post-workout was five grams per serving. That distinction belonged to Jacked Factory POWERBUILD. Not anymore.
EAS Myoplex edged Jacked Factory POWERBUILD by a full two grams per scoop. We consider that a big disparity between two bodybuilding supplements.
With EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s seven grams of glutamine per serving, you are sure to reap its benefits:
- Helps preserve muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Helps regulate the immune and digestive systems
- Keeps free radicals at bay
- Boosts athletic performance
When you consume that much of the most abundant – and arguably the most versatile – amino acid, your post-workout results will soar.
The third key ingredient of EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is 1.5 grams of Calcium HMB per serving. Simply known as HMB, this ingredient is rare in post-workout supplements.
While there have been some mixed reviews on the benefits of HMB, the International Society of Sports Nutrition divulged some of its findings on this ingredient:
- Helps boost recovery and increase muscle mass
- Seems to be effective even when an individual is not training
- Helps older people develop muscle mass
- May boost fat loss
- Helps prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown)
If a respected authority such as the International Society of Sports Nutrition declares the effectiveness of HMB, then it should be worth believing. On that note, EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s 1.5 grams of HMB per serving should go a long way.
Finally, this product has three grams of taurine per serving. Taurine is a fairly common post-workout ingredient which helps support water balance and nutrient absorption.
In addition, taurine also helps:
- Increase alertness
- Boost heart health
- Regulate blood pressure levels
- Ward off dehydration
- Keep stress levels in check
- Ramp up fat loss
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Increase testosterone levels
- Shorten recovery time
You can see for yourself these are all vital post-workout benefits. We feel three grams of taurine per serving will help you reap them. Now you know why we love taurine: it’s one of the most versatile amino acids.
Our first impression: EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is one simple and powerful post-workout supplement. Its hefty amounts of l-arginine and l-glutamine plus effective doses of calcium HMB and taurine equals one impressive product.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 95: Just to give you an idea, most post-workout supplements have between zero and 150 calories per serving. EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s 95 calories per serving represent the industry average.
- Total carbohydrate, 6 g: This product’s six grams of carbs per serving is equal to two percent of the daily value for this macronutrient. To put things in perspective, anything less than five percent has a low value. Ergo, EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is a low-carb supplement which complements your low-carb diet nicely. What’s more is it has zero sugar. Unfortunately, the manufacturer laced this product with sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to obesity and other side effects.
- Calcium, 200 mg: When you supplement with EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor, you’re also being kind to your bones, teeth, and blood pressure levels. This product has 20 percent of the daily value for calcium (anything more than 15 percent has a high value).
- L-arginine, 7 g: Prepare for more muscle growth, a boosted immune system, more vasodilation, and more muscle pumps with an awesome seven grams of l-arginine per serving. It bears repeating: we have never seen a post-workout with this much l-arginine. That’s saying a lot.
- L-glutamine, 7 g: EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s seven grams of l-glutamine per serving represents another first for us: we have yet to see a post-workout which has more. This product is the king of glutamine content among post-workout supplements. Nobody else comes close.
- Calcium HMB (B-hydroxy-methylbutyrate mononydrate), 1.5 g: Simply known as HMB, this ingredient helps boost recovery, increase muscle mass, and prevent catabolism. We feel it’s a perfect complement to EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s l-arginine and l-glutamine content.
- Taurine, 3 g: The manufacturer also includes three grams of taurine per serving for good measure. We like that. You cannot underestimate its important role in supporting water balance and boosting nutrient absorption. Plus, taurine is one versatile amino acid.
After a thorough analysis, we say EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s name is a perfect fit.Who can argue with seven grams per serving each of l-arginine and l-glutamine?
Throw in 1.5 grams per serving of HMB and three grams of taurine per serving, you get a simple and powerful post-workout supplement.
This proves our point: a bodybuilding supplement doesn’t need a plethora of fancy ingredients to produce fantastic results. We hope the competitors are taking notes.
You’ve seen how versatile both l-arginine and l-glutamine are. If you’ve been taking both for quite some time, you should have seen some tremendous results.
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor takes it a step further – no post-workout comes close to its l-arginine and l-glutamine content.That much of each ingredient helps blow the competition out of the water.
The inclusions of HMB and taurine are insurance measures – they make EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor a simple and well-rounded product. You will achieve your post-workout goals for years on end.
Other pluses: this product is low in carbs and sugar. It’s also a solid source of calcium at 20 percent of the daily value.
Don’t forget about the manufacturer’s excellent transparency – it accounts for all of the ingredient amounts. We love that. Honesty goes a long way. It should impress a lot of customers.
Too bad the company ruined a good thing by including dirty ingredients such as sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and FD&C Yellow No. 6. It could have used natural ingredients such as stevia (which helps regulate blood pressure levels) and beetroot powder instead.
Had the manufacturer done that, EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor would have been a perfect post-workout supplement. Alas, it chose to fix what wasn’t broken.
Despite these chinks, EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor is still one of the more respectable post-workouts on the market. It can produce the results you want.
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor Benefits
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor’s ingredients “have been clinically shown to increase muscle strength, mass, and power,” per its official website.
Furthermore, its amino acids “help restore muscles, reduce muscle cell damage, and protect against muscle protein breakdown,” per the same source.
We agree with these claims. EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor can help you achieve your post-workout goals, and then some.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass, strength, and power; prevent muscle breakdown, increase endurance, shorten recovery time, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor has sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which may increase weight gain.
This post-workout supplement’s Orange flavor also has FD&C Yellow No. 6, an artificial food coloring which experts have linked to carcinogenicity and other side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor Summary
- Simple ingredient combo. L-arginine, l-glutamine, calcium HMB, and taurine.
- Seven grams of l-arginine per serving. Helps improve blood flow, increase vasodilation, and boost the immune system.
- Seven grams of l-glutamine per serving. Most abundant amino acid which helps increase HGH levels and preserve muscle mass.
- Three grams of taurine per serving. Helps regulate water balance, boost nutrient absorption, boost fat loss, and quell anxiety.
- Low in carbs and sugars. These are great attributes for any bodybuilding supplement.
- Solid source of calcium. Twenty percent of the daily value for stronger bones and teeth as well as healthier blood pressure levels.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer reveals all ingredient amounts. Thumbs up.
- Great taste. Many customers swear by it.
- Good reputation. Has earned many good reviews from consumers.
- Flavor options. Comes in Fruit Punch and Orange varieties.
- Dirty ingredients. Has Splenda and FD&C Yellow No. 6. Thumbs down.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.65-lb. Container (30-Day Supply): $32.49
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor
We can sum up EAS Myoplex Muscle Armor in two words: simple and effective. We love the simplicity. We also love the ingredient choices (except for the fillers).
You won’t find too many post-workouts with seven grams each of l-arginine and l-glutamine per serving. This one’s a diamond in the rough.
We highly recommend you buy this product. Simplicity rules the day. For now, we’re clamoring for a cleaner formula. We’ll wait with bated breath.