If you’re keen on buying a post-workout supplement with solid protein content and a solid vitamin C and E profile, CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder should fit the bill. This review should clue you in on its promising 2:1 carb-to-ratio benefits.
About CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is “a powerful post-workout recovery formula” which “has been especially formulated with specific amounts of high glycemic carbohydrates and easily absorbed di- and tri-peptide amino acids for rapid absorption to enhance recuperation and recovery,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio. For replenishing glycogen stores and repairing muscle tissue.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C. Whopping 413 percent of the daily value.
- Contains sucrose. Nothing more than ordinary table sugar.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder Supplement Facts (Chocolate, 1.28 kg.)
|Serving Size: 2 scoops (80 g)|
Servings Per Container: 16
|Nutritional Information||100g||80g Serving|
|Fat||3.2 g||2.5 g|
|of which saturates||1.6 g||1.3 g|
|Carbohydrate||57.0 g||46.0 g|
|of which sugars||54.0 g||43.0 g|
|Fibre||2.0 g||1.4 g|
|Protein||29.0 g||23.0 g|
|Salt||0.15 g||0.12 g|
|Vitamin C||310 mg||248 mg|
|Vitamin E||13 mg||10 mg|
|Ingredients: Glucose, Sucrose, Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk, soya lecithin), Hydrolysed Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk), Cocoa, Flavouring, Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), Vitamin C, Thickener (xanthan gum), Vitamin E.|
|Directions: We think it works best if you mix 2 scoops (80 g) in 400-500ml of cold water with a shaker bottle or spoon stir.|
The Powerful Post-Workout Recovery Formula from the UK
We’ve seen some impressive bodybuilding post-workout supplements from the United Kingdom. There’s Bulk Powders AFTERMATH, which has protein, Vitargo, Creapure, glutamine peptides, and HMB. Or how about trying Reflex Nutrition Growth Matrix, which has an awesome 37.8 grams of protein per serving?
If you’ve tried a post-workout from the UK before, you’ll notice there’s a heavy emphasis on a 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio. We feel that’s an effective way of conquering that crucial, post-workout anabolic window. Fast-acting carbs such as maltodextrin coupled with whey protein make for a terrific combo.
Now, make way for CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder.The manufacturer dubs this product “a powerful post-workout recovery formula,” per its official website.
“Pro Recover has been especially formulated with specific amounts of high glycemic carbohydrates and easily absorbed di- and tri-peptide amino acids for rapid absorption to enhance recuperation and recovery,” per the same source.
We like the manufacturer’s emphasis on the post-workout window. It says it “is essential to recovery and the prevention of muscle breakdown.” The company also says failure to take advantage results in a bungled and missed opportunity to achieve your fitness goals.
For reference, the International Sports Sciences Association’s official website says, “The anabolic window is approximately three to four hours for a training session that lasts between 45 and 90 minutes. Thus, your pre- and post-workout protein should not be separated by more than three or four hours.”
This is where a top-notch post-workout such as CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder comes in handy. It should help replenish your depleted glycogen stores and repair your muscle tissues, among other things.
Our first impression: It’s one of the simplest recovery drinks from that part of the globe. Take a look at the ingredients list. We know you’ll agree with us.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is a usual recovery product from the United Kingdom – it stresses the 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio we mentioned earlier. Some researchers say a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio is better in terms of replenishing glycogen stores. However, a 2:1 ratio shouldn’t lag too far behind.
Carbohydrates, 46 grams
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder has 46 grams of carbohydrates per serving. More specifically, it uses glucose (also known as dextrose monohydrate) as its carb source.
Glucose is a monosaccharide or simple carbohydrate and is a by-product of corn, wheat, or rice. It has fast absorption properties, thanks to its high glycemic index rating.
Check out some if its other post-workout benefits:
- Replenishes depleted glycogen stores
- Helps increase exercise performance
- Improves hydration efficiency
- Shortens recovery time
- Helps improve the absorption of creatine
These are all great. If you supplement with creatine, glucose helps enhance its effects – you’ll enjoy more muscle mass and better resistance against post-workout fatigue, among other things. We’re sure glad CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder has glucose.
One thing which gnaws at our conscience is the inclusion of sucrose as one of the carb components. This is nothing more than ordinary table sugar. In other words, it’s nothing more than empty calories.
According to Julie Corliss, the executive editor of the Harvard Heart Letter, excessive sugar consumption increases the likelihood of heart issues. The manufacturer should have used healthier alternatives such as stevia or monk fruit instead. The former, in particular, helps regulate blood pressure levels.
Protein, 23 grams
On the other hand, CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder has 23 grams of protein per serving. This protein blend has three components: whey protein concentrate (WPC), hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate, and whey protein isolate (WPI).
WPC is 70 to 85 percent protein. It has more fats and carbs than WPI but tastes better and is cheaper. In addition, WPC is also rich in immunoglobulins, a class of proteins which helps boost the immune system.
The good thing about CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is its hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate content allows you to enjoy the full benefits of WPC, only with a faster absorption rate.
Hydrolyzed whey undergoes a special process known as enzymatic hydrolysis which converts the protein molecules to smaller peptides. The result: a whey protein version which has a lighting-fast absorption rate – exactly what you need after a grueling workout.
Our take: hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate is a great way of taking advantage of that post-workout window.
On the other hand, WPI is the purer form of protein at 90 to 95 percent. It undergoes a special microfiltration process, which strips off the excess fats and carbs. Thus, WPI is the better option for those who want to build lean muscle mass.
We like the triple-threat protein combo of CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder – we feel the 24 grams of protein per serving (which is right up there with a big-name protein supplement such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey) will help you build and repair muscle mass.
In addition to its 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio, CNP Pro Recover Drink is also an impressive source of vitamin C (413 percent of the daily value) and vitamin E (30 percent of the daily value). These should help boost your long-term health, for sure.
CNP Pro Recover Drink is a post-workout supplement with great potential. It should help you muscle up and achieve your fitness goals. It would have been better if the company left out the sucrose component. With that, a cleaner version should be in the offing.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Energy, 1282 kJ/302 kcal: The United Kingdom uses the metric system of measurement. “kJ” refers to kilojoules, or the amount of energy you expend during exercise. In this case, you expend 1,282 kJ when you supplement with CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder. On the other hand, “kcal” refers to kilocalories, a unit of energy. To put it simply, “One kilocalorie is the same as one calorie,” per Nutrition.gov. Since most post-workouts have between zero and 150 calories per serving, CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is high in calories at 302 per serving.
- Fat, 2.5 g: Based on our computation, this product has slightly less than four percent of the daily value for fats, which makes it a low-fat post-workout (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
- Of which saturates, 1.3 g: Once again, our computation reveals CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder has around six percent the daily value for saturated fats, which isn’t much, by any stretch.
- Carbohydrates, 46.0 g: You may think CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder’s carb content represents 15 percent the daily value, which is high. If you’re on a low-carb diet, a low-carb post-workout such as Rich Piana 5% Nutrition ALLDAYYOUMAY should be more suitable.
- Of which sugars, 43.0 g: This comes from this supplement’s glucose and sucrose content. Glucose has plenty of post-workout benefits; sucrose (which is nothing more than ordinary table sugar) doesn’t. Stevia or monk fruit would have been the better option.
- Fiber, 1.4 g: This product is not a significant source of fiber at roughly six percent the daily value.
- Protein, 23.0 g: CNP Pro Recover Drink is a solid source of protein at 46 percent of the daily value. A triple combo of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate should do the trick.
- Salt, 0.12 g: Good news: this product has just five percent of the daily value for sodium, which is a safe level for those who are monitoring their salt intake.
- Vitamin C, 248 mg: CNP Pro Recover Drink is an excellent source of ascorbic acid at a whopping 413 percent of the daily value. This vitamin helps increase energy levels, ward off free radicals, regulate blood pressure levels, improve heart, blood vessel, and eye health; and keep the common cold at bay.
- Vitamin E, 10 mg: This product is also a solid source of Vitamin E at an estimated 30 percent of the daily value. Perhaps its most important post-workout benefit is its ability to improve endurance and increase strength.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is a downright simple and effective post-workout supplement. We feel the 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio will help you achieve your post-workout goals in conjunction with regular exercise, sound nutrition, and ample rest.
We already laid out the many benefits of glucose for you – its fast absorption rate helps you replenish depleted glycogen stores in rapid-fire fashion.
It also helps increase hydration efficiency and improve creatine absorption. This bodes well for you if you’re taking a separate creatine supplement.
Combine the benefits of glucose with 23 grams of fast-acting protein per serving, and your post-workout results will soar. The potent combo of WPC, WPI, and hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate should help you build and repair muscle tissue after a hard workout.
Other pluses: CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is low in fats, saturated fats, and sodium. These bode well for long-term health.
In addition, this product is an excellent source of Vitamin C at an incredible 413 percent of the daily value. Expect increased energy levels and antioxidant protection, better heart health, and improved vision, among other things.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is also a solid source of Vitamin E at an estimated 30 percent of the daily value. This much should help increase your strength and endurance.
We feel the added doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin E are excellent ways to shorten recovery time and achieve your post-workout goals.
The manufacturer’s transparency is also off the charts. We’re giving the company an A for divulging all of the ingredient amounts. You won’t find any shady proprietary blends in this supplement.
As great a supplement as CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is, it has a few flaws.
First, it is somewhat high in calories (302/kcal per 80-gram serving). If you’re trying to torch fat or lose weight, this may not be the product for you.
We also told you about this supplement’s sucrose (a.k.a. table sugar) content. Experts have been wary of its side effects (obesity, cardiovascular issues, etc.). It would have been better if the manufacturer resorted to natural alternatives such as monk fruit or stevia.
Nevertheless, CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is worth a shot. We’re clamoring for a cleaner version to hit the shelves sooner than later.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder Benefits
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Fast-acting protein blend
- Contains high-glycemic carbohydrates
- High BCAA content
- Sixty-three (63) servings
We agree with all of these claims. CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder will help you achieve your post-workout goals, and then some.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build and repair muscle mass, increase strength and endurance, shorten recovery time, improve hydration, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
Please note CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder contains sucrose or table sugar, which experts have linked to several side effects.
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder.
CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder Review Summary
- Simple ingredient combo. Glucose, WPC, WPI, hydrolyzed WPC, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E.
- 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio. Common among UK post-workouts.
- Forty-six grams of high-GI carbs per serving. One part glucose, which has plenty of post-workout benefits.
- Twenty-three grams of protein per serving. Represents 46 percent of the daily value.
- Excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Four hundred thirteen percent and 30 percent of the daily value, respectively.
- Low in fats, saturated fats, and sodium. Bodes well for long-term health.
- Great transparency. Manufacturer reveals all of the ingredient amounts.
- Good reputation. Customers have given it high marks online.
- Flavor options. Comes in Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla varieties.
- Somewhat high in calories. Estimated 302 kcal per 80-gram serving.
- Dirty ingredient. Has sucrose, which is nothing more than ordinary table sugar.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 1.28-kg. (2.82-lb.) Container (16-Day Supply): $48.52
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder
Now it can be told, folks: CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder is simple and effective. A 2:1 carb-to-protein ratio, 23 grams of protein per serving, and ample amounts of vitamin C and vitamin E speak volumes.
It’s just unfortunate the manufacturer laced this impressive formula with sucrose, which is nothing more than empty calories. We’re clamoring for a cleaner formula sooner than later.
Nonetheless, we recommend you buy CNP Pro Recover Drink Powder and see the difference it makes.