There are many post-workout supplements on the market which pull out all the stops. This ALLMAX CVOL review proves our point. It’s one of the most well-rounded we’ve seen to date. It will be interesting to see if it meets our expectations.
About ALLMAX CVOL
ALLMAX CVOL is “The Ultimate Post-Workout Muscle Recovery Complex.” It is “designed to deliver increases in muscle strength and volume,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Tremendous ingredient combo. Creatine, taurine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, beta-alanine, and betaine.
- Five grams of creatine per serving. Four kinds of creatine combine forces.
- Great source of magnesium. Forty percent of the daily value.
ALLMAX CVOL Supplement Facts (Coconut Lime Mojito, 375 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12.5 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%|
|Calcium (as Calcium Silicate)||12 mg||<1%|
|Magnesium (as Creatine Magnesium Chelate)||156 mg||40%|
|Creatine Chelate Complex*|
(Highly-Pure, Bonded Form)
|Creatine HCl||750 mg||†|
|Creatine Anhydrous||450 mg||†|
|Strength & Muscle-Volume Matrix*|
|L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT)||1,000 mg||†|
|Betaine (TMG)||1,000 mg||†|
|Beta-Alanine (BetaSynth™)||800 mg||†|
|Creatine Absorption Complex*|
|Prickly Pear (Opuntia ficus-findica) (aerial) extract||84 mg||†|
|Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) (fruit) extract||41 mg||†|
|CinnulinPF® (Cinnamomum burmannii)(bark)||30 mg||†|
|OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Green [Spirulina (Spirulina plantesis) Powder (for color)].|
|RECOMMENDED USE: |
Workout Days: Take 1 serving (12.5 g) with 8 to 10 oz. of cold water after your Workout.
Non-Workout Days: CVOL™ has a cumulative effect and should be taken in the AM. CVOL™ stacks well with HVOL™, CARBION™ and MUSCLEPRIME™.
The Ultimate Post-Workout Muscle Recovery Complex
The word “ultimate” has been included in many post-workout supplements’ marketing tag lines. Bodybuilding manufacturers try gain an advantage over their competitors. They employ a take-no-prisoners approach.
You can’t fault the manufacturers for doing so. “Ultimate” connotes versatility. This feature which covers all the bases.
Besides, there are many post-workout goals: build muscle mass, increase endurance, shorten recovery time, ward off post-exercise soreness, and the like. The list is endless.
ALLMAX CVOL’s name may be one of the most unusual bodybuilding supplement names we’ve seen to date. However, don’t let that mislead you. It’s also one of the most well-rounded.
The name is a condensed version of CREMAGNAVOL, which the manufacturer dubbed “The Ultimate Post-Workout Muscle Recovery Complex.”
ALLMAX CVOL is “a sugar-free post-workout recovery drink designed to deliver increases in muscle strength and volume,” per the same source.
This product also has “a rock star list of the ‘go-to’ ingredients, dosed at effective levels for rapid recovery from intense training,” according to ALLMAX Nutrition’s official website.
ALLMAX CVOL has creatine, l-taurine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, beta-alanine, and betaine. If you’re looking for a post-workout which has all of these ingredients, you’ve found it. We weren’t kidding when we said this product is versatile.
We also like the manufacturer’s emphasis on research and science. Many companies out there claim their supplements have clinical dosages, but ALLMAX CVOL seems credible to us.
“Research study after research study confirms that post-workout supplementation of creatine, beta-alanine, and l-carnitine is optimal,“ the company’s website says.
A 10-week study involving creatine and beta-alanine supplementation among 33 college football players supports this.
According to the August 2006 issue of the International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism (via researchgate.net), “The use of these supplements appears to provide for a higher-quality workout, and the addition of β-alanine appears to enhance training volume more so than creatine alone.”
This simply means ALLMAX CVOL will help shorten your recovery time and increase work capacity. When these happen, expect more productive workouts.
On the other hand, ALLMAX CVOL’s two blends (Creatine Chelate Complex and Strength & Muscle Volume Matrix) are the main focal points.
The manufacturer says creatine supplementation is crucial in increasing “high-intensity, short-burst power” for both aerobic and anaerobic training.
In addition, it says creatine post-workout consumption puts more emphasis on efficient delivery to the muscles.
A rigorous training session allows your muscles to become more receptive to creatine, per ALLMAX Nutrition’s official website.
We agree with the company’s claims. Many studies have touched on creatine’s unique ability to improve athletic performance and increase muscle mass.
ALLMAX CVOL doesn’t just have five grams of creatine per serving – it has five grams per serving of a unique creatine blend for optimum results.
Leading the charge is 1.95 grams of Creatine MagnaPower (ionically-bound creatine magnesium chelate) per serving.
Creatine magnesium chelate is creatine fused to magnesium. This scenario prevents creatine from premature destruction in your digestive tract for better results, per the manufacturer’s website.
ALLMAX CVOL’s creatine magnesium chelate component is highly bioavailable. This translates to increased muscle mass and strength. We give this a thumbs up.
Next up is 1.85 grams per serving of creatine monohydrate. This is the cheapest and most effective form of creatine. Many post-workouts have this ingredient. We’re glad it’s in ALLMAX CVOL.
We’re confident you’ll reap the full benefits of creatine monohydrate when you consume this supplement. The only knock against it is its poor solubility.
That explains why ALLMAX CVOL has 750 milligrams of creatine hydrochloride per serving. The manufacturer says creatine HCl is “over 50 times more soluble than typical creatine.”
We like that. Creatine HCl helps offset creatine monohydrate’s main weakness. It’s a win-win situation for the consumer. Y0u’ll reap the full benefits of creatine when you take this supplement.
The final component of ALLMAX CVOL’s Creatine Chelate Complex is 450 milligrams of creatine anhydrous per serving.
It’s also the purest form of high-quality creatine, per ALLMAX Nutrition’s official website.
It’s a great insurance policy. If you thought creatine monohydrate and creatine hydrochloride were enough, you’ve got another thing coming. The inclusion of creatine anhydrous (an underrated ingredient) takes things to a higher level.
Next up is ALLMAX CVOL’s Strength & Muscle-Volume Matrix which comprises 5.3 grams per serving. Its first ingredient is 2.5 grams of taurine per serving.
The company’s official website correctly points out taurine is similar to creatine because it absorbs water in muscle cells. Thus, taurine also functions as a cell volumizer. When that happens, expect your muscle mass to increase.
Taurine also helps regulate movement of key electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, and magnesium in your body after a strenuous workout.
Once your body does not have enough electrolytes, you may experience muscle cramping. Taurine’s function as an electrolyte regulator helps keep that possibility at bay.
This amino acid also helps increase nitric oxide (NO) levels by improving muscle contraction, per the manufacturer. When you achieve a positive nitric oxide balance, your blood vessels dilate and relax. The end result: better nutrient absorption and awesome muscle pumps.
As for us, we are pleased taurine is in ALLMAX CVOL. It’s one of the most versatile organic compounds out there. It will help you achieve your fitness goals in multiple ways.
This product also has one gram of l-carnitine l-tartrate (LCLT) per serving. The company compares this ingredient to a “shield” because it protects the muscles and its hormone receptors from oxidative damage during training.
In a nutshell, the manufacturer claims LCLT shortens recovery time. This, in turn, helps muscles grow. We agree with that assessment. Many studies have vouched for the effectiveness of l-carnitine l-tartrate. No wonder it’s a staple post-workout ingredient.
ALLMAX CVOL also has one gram of betaine (TMG) per serving. This ingredient helps increase strength and power.
In fact, the manufacturer’s website cites studies where participants who supplemented with betaine “actually improved their squat muscular endurance and performance.”
ALLMAX Nutrition also says betaine helps increase energy and maintain cellular fluid balance. Betaine is a time-tested post-workout ingredient. We’re confident it will help you establish new personal records at the gym.
The last ingredient of the Strength & Muscle-Volume Matrix is 800 milligrams of beta-alanine per serving.
Just like its creatine claim, the company says it’s better to consume beta-alanine after a workout (although some pre-workout supplements have beta-alanine). When another amino acid, histidine, joins forces with beta-alanine, your body’s carnosine levels increase.
When you feel a burning sensation once you finish your last rep, that means you have too much lactic acid in your body. Carnosine’s ability to buffer pH levels helps neutralize this sensation.
As if that wasn’t enough, carnosine is also a precursor of nitric oxide. Long story short, ALLMAX CVOL’s taurine and carnosine components join forces to give you the best muscle pumps.
The last blend of ALLMAX CVOL is its potent Creatine Absorption Complex, which takes up a total of 155 milligrams per scoop.
This product has 84 milligrams of prickly pear extract per serving. It helps regulate blood sugar levels and boost nutrient absorption.
ALLMAX CVOL also has 41 milligrams of bitter melon extract per scoop. This ingredient helps regulate insulin function. Bear in mind insulin is an anabolic hormone. It’s always a major plus when a post-workout supplement helps improve insulin function.
Finally ALLMAX CVOL’s 30 milligrams of CinnulinPF per serving help transport glucose and improve nutrient absorption in conjunction with creatine supplementation.
The takeaway: this supplement’s absorption complex is all-natural and effective. We’ve never seen anything like it.
When a bodybuilding supplement has great bioavailability, your resorts will soar. We’re proud to say ALLMAX CVOL is in that elusive category.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 5: It’s great to know ALLMAX CVOL has only five calories per serving, what with all of its ingredients. We’re confident this supplement will help you put on lean muscle mass.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: This product’s carb content is minuscule at less than one percent of the daily value. It will complement any low-carb nutrition plan perfectly.
- Calcium (as calcium silicate), 12 mg: ALLMAX CVOL is not a significant source of calcium at less than one percent of the daily value. If you want to increase your calcium intake, settle for good, old-fashioned low-fat milk or a high-calcium protein powder.
- Magnesium (as creatine magnesium chelate), 156 mg: Thanks to its creatine magnesium chelate component, this supplement is a solid source of magnesium at 40 percent of the daily value (anything more than 15 percent has a high value). This mineral helps increase energy, improve sleep, boost the digestive and cardiovascular systems, ward off muscle discomfort, and regulate levels of calcium and potassium.
- Creatine MagnaPower (ionically-bound creatine magnesium chelate), 1,950 mg: The power of a creatine-magnesium combo helps preserve the former component in the digestive tract for optimum benefits.
- Creatine monohydrate (highly-pure, bonded form), 1,85o mg: Quite simply, it’s the most effective and time-tested form of creatine on the market. While its absorption properties have some question marks, it still gives consumers great results.
- Creatine HCl, 750 mg: Experts hail this as the most soluble form of creatine, helping offset creatine monohydrate’s weakness.
- Creatine anhydrous, 450 mg: The manufacturer says this is the purest form of creatine. While we like creatine monohydrate better, this is still a nice addition to ALLMAX CVOL.
- Taurine, 2,500 mg: This amino acid helps increase cell volume and muscle size because of its ability to draw water like creatine. Plus, it’s also an electrolyte regulator and precursor of nitric oxide.
- L-carnitine l-tartrate (LCLT), 1,000 mg: Helps reduce oxidative stress to the muscles and reduce lactic acid buildup, resulting in shorter recovery time.
- Betaine (TMG), 1,000 mg: a post-workout staple which helps increase muscle size, strength, and power output while decreasing stress hormone levels.
- Beta-alanine (BetaSynth™), 800 mg: A precursor of carnosine which helps reduce post-exercise lactic acid buildup. Just like taurine, beta-alanine also sets the stage for a positive nitrogen balance for more muscle growth.
- Prickly pear (Opuntia ficus-findica) (aerial) extract, 84 mg: An insulinogenic which helps regulate blood sugar levels and improve nutrient absorption.
- Bitter melon (Momordica charantia) (fruit) extract, 41 mg: Don’t like the taste of bitter melon? Perhaps its abilities to regulate insulin function and regulate blood pressure levels will help change your mind.
- CinnulinPF (Cinnamomum burmannii) (bark), 30 mg: The manufacturer considers this as its “Multi-Patented Creatine Transport Activator.” This is due to its nutrient-absorption-boosting prowess when one takes creatine.
The manufacturer has labeled ALLMAX CVOL as “The Ultimate Post-Workout Muscle Recovery Complex.” One look at the ingredients backs this up. It’s about as comprehensive a post-workout supplement can get.
We were impressed with this product’s five grams worth of Creatine Chelate Complex per serving. Many post-workout supplement manufacturers combine several types of creatine to maximize results. ALLMAX CVOL follows suit.
Creatine magnesium chelate and creatine monohydrate would have been sufficient. However, the additions of creatine hydrochloride and creatine anhydrous tells us this product means business.
Because of this, we believe your athletic performance will improve and your muscle mass will increase. When you pay attention to your nutrition and sleeping habits, you’ll get more impressive results.
Throw in taurine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, betaine, and beta-alanine, and you have the makings of a serious post-workout contender. We’re talking about time-tested post-workout ingredients here. They will ensure you achieve your long-term fitness goals.
The inclusion of a Creatine Absorption Complex impressed us all the more. Several manufacturers are content adding a nutrient-absorption-boosting ingredient here and there, but ALLMAX CVOL is on a different level.
We have yet to see a post-workout absorption complex which features a combination of prickly pear extract, bitter melon extract, and CinnulinPF. We are confident they will help your body absorb all the important post-workout nutrients. Your results will soar.
Plus, we are thrilled with ALLMAX CVOL’s high amount of magnesium. This mineral will help regulate muscle and nerve function, boost heart health, promote healthy blood pressure levels, and strengthen bones.
The Coconut Lime Mojito flavor also has spirulina as its natural food coloring. Some fitness experts consider spirulina as a superfood, and with good reason. Its benefits speak volumes:
- Helps ward off free radicals
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps regulate cholesterol levels
- Increases energy
- Boosts weight loss
We’re glad ALLMAX CVOL has spirulina. You can find this in some greens products and a few multivitamins. Realistically, it’s hard to find a post-workout which has it. ALLMAX CVOL does, and we’re pleased.
Other pluses: this product is low in calories and carbs and the transparency is impressive (the manufacturer indicates all of the ingredient amounts). These score points with any post-workout enthusiast.
On the other hand, ALLMAX CVOL has sucralose, which is also known as Splenda. Experts have linked this artificial sweetener to obesity and other side effects. Stevia is a natural plant-based sweetener. It would have been the better choice.
Some consumers also say ALLMAX CVOL didn’t work for them, falling way short of expectations. We found this a bit puzzling, especially if you look at its top-notch ingredients.
Plus, customers have given this product’s taste mixed feedback. Some like it, some don’t. As for us, we say it’s good. That’s about as far as it goes.
Despite these, ALLMAX CVOL is a promising and versatile post-workout supplement. It may have a few chinks, but it can still help you achieve your long-term fitness goals.
ALLMAX CVOL Benefits
ALLMAX CVOL has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Increases strength
- Complete muscle growth formula
- Tastes great
- Has no sugar
We agree with all of these claims. ALLMAX CVOL will help you build muscle mass, increase strength, and achieve your post-workout goals.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended ALLMAX CVOL for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to build muscle mass, increase strength and endurance, shorten recovery time, reduce soreness, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
ALLMAX CVOL contains sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda), an artificial sweetener which has been linked to obesity and other side effects. If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying ALLMAX CVOL.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
ALLMAX CVOL Summary
- Great ingredient combination. Four types of creatine, taurine, l-carnitine l-tartrate, beta-alanine, and betaine.
- Five grams of Creatine Chelate Complex per serving. Four kinds of creatine for maximum results.
- Low in calories and carbs. Should complement any lean muscle-building program.
- Creatine Absorption Complex. Helps boost nutrient uptake for optimum benefits.
- Great source of magnesium. Forty percent of the daily value.
- Excellent transparency. Manufacturer lists all ingredient amounts.
- Three flavors. Coconut Lime Mojito, Raspberry Kiwi Kamikaze, and Unflavored.
- Dirty ingredient. Has sucralose (a.k.a. Spelnda), an artificial sweetener linked to obesity and other side effects.
- Reputation. Customers have given this product mixed feedback.
- Taste. Consumers say it tastes average at best.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 375-gram Container (Coconut Lime Mojito and Raspberry Kiwi Kamikaze, 30-Day Supply): $43.73
- 1 375-gram Container (Unflavored, 30-Day Supply): $24.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on ALLMAX CVOL
There are far too many post-workout supplements which claim they’re the ultimate. While ALLMAX CVOL tries to pull out all the stops, it turns out it doesn’t deserve this title.
There’s no denying ALLMAX CVOL has tremendous upsides. The Creatine Chelate Complex and Creatine Absorption Complex make it one of the most unique post-workouts on the market. No question about it.
Unfortunately, mixed feedback on its taste and effectiveness pulled its value down. The good news: it wasn’t enough to dissuade us from recommending it.
On that note, we recommend you try ALLMAX CVOL. It may not be perfect, but it can still exceed your expectations.