Your head may be spinning from all the men’s multivitamin brands on the market today.
Well, we’ll try to whittle it down for you.
NOW ADAM is one men’s multivitamin worth your while – we say its additional health-boosting ingredients set it apart from the rest of the pack.
Enjoy the review, folks.
About NOW ADAM
NOW ADAM “is formulated to contain unnecessary levels of excipients and added ingredients, leaving more room for higher levels of the nutrients men need to maintain optimum health,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- GMP certification. Assures customers product has no fillers and synthetic ingredients.
- Long-term health benefits. Courtesy of saw palmetto, alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract, choline, inositol, CoQ10, and lycopene components.
- Has vitamin D2. Some experts claim it isn’t as effective as vitamin D3.
NOW ADAM Supplement Facts (60 Tablets)
|Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Servings Per Container: 60
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (100% as Beta-Carotene)||5,000 IU||100%|
|Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate)||125 mg||208%|
|Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol)||500 IU||125%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate)||75 IU||250%|
|Vitamin K (as Menaquinone K2 and Phytonadione K1)||40 mcg||50%|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)(from Thiamin HCl)||12.5 mg||833%|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)||12.5 mg||735%|
|Niacin (Vitamin B-3)(as Niacinamide and from Inositol Hexanicotinate)||17.5 mg||88%|
|Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl and Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate [P-5-P])||12.5 mg||625%|
|Folate (as Folic Acid)||200 mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)||125 mcg||2083%|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)(from Calcium Pantothenate)||25 mg||250%|
|Calcium (from Calcium Ascorbate and Calcium Citrate)||25 mg||3%|
|Iodine (from Potassium Iodide)||75 mcg||50%|
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Citrate)||12.5 mg||3%|
|Zinc (from Zinc Bisglycinate)(TRAACS®)||15 mg||100%|
|Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine)||100 mcg||143%|
|Copper (from Copper Bisglycinate)(TRAACS®)||0.25 mg||13%|
|Manganese (from Manganese Bisglycinate)(TRAACS®)||1 mg||50%|
|Chromium (from Chromium Picolinate)||100 mcg||83%|
|Molybdenum (from Sodium Molybdate)||37.5 mcg||50%|
|Potassium (from Potassium Chloride)||12.5 mg||<1%|
|Saw Palmetto (Berry)(Serenoa repens)||80 mg||†|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||25 mg||†|
|Organic Aloe Vera (Leaf)(Concentrate)||25 mg||†|
|Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera)(Standardized for Polyphenols)||12.5 mg||†|
|Choline (from Choline Bitartrate)||12.5 mg||†|
|CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10)||7.4 mg||†|
|Natural Trans-Resveratrol [from Japanese Knotweed Extract (Polygonum cuspidatum) (Root)]||5 mg||†|
|Lycopene (from Natural Tomato Extract)||1.5 mg||†|
|Lutein (from Marigold Flowers)||250 mcg||†|
|Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Croscarmellose Sodium, Silica and Vegetarian Coating, Vitamin E from non-GMO soy.|
|Suggested Usage & Storage: Take 1 tablet daily with food. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.|
Superior Men’s Multi
If you’re a male who’s into bodybuilding, you must pay attention to your nutrition habits.
When your eating habits match your fitness goals, your results will soar.
Count on it.
Here’s the thing: while whole-food nutrition reigns supreme over supplements, food is not enough.
Think about it: would you eat a piece of meat or consume a protein shake between meals to meet your daily protein requirement?
On that note, taking a top-notch multivitamin can help fill those nutrition gaps.
If you’re an active man, NOW ADAM should fit the bill nicely.
The manufacturer’s official website says, “Many multiples on the market today contain unnecessary levels of excipients and added ingredients.”
“ADAM is formulated to contain the lowest levels of these unneeded additional ingredients, leaving more room for higher levels of the nutrients men need to maintain optimum health,” per the same source.
We love it.
In fact, NOW is one of the most trusted bodybuilding supplement brands on the market today.
Try scanning the ingredients list of any of its products – you won’t find any fillers or dirty ingredients.
We dare you.
Our first impression: NOW ADAM is a comprehensive men’s multivitamin which should help boost long-term health.
The first thing we look for in a multivitamin is an “ISO-Certified” or “All-Natural” label.
The bad news: we found neither.
The good news: we found a “GMP” (Good Manufacturing Practices) label on NOW ADAM:
“Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP are guidelines that provide a system of processes, procedures, and documentation to assure a product has the identity, strength, composition, quality, and purity that appear on its label,” per NSF’s official website.
This backs up our claim, folks: NOW continues to manufacture clean supplements. NOW ADAM is no exception.
This product’s GMP certification assures customers it has no synthetic ingredients whatsoever.
Thumbs up. Way, way up.
Another observation: NOW ADAM has high B vitamin levels, but they don’t measure up to big-name athlete multivitamins.
Check out how it stacks up against EFX Sports VitaDrive – a product we hailed as “The New King of B Vitamins”:
|NOW ADAM||EFX Sports VitaDrive|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||12.5 mg (833 percent DV)||200 mg (13,333 percent DV)|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||12.5 mg (735 percent DV)||200 mg (11,764 percent DV)|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||17.5 mg (88 percent DV)||200 mg (1,000 percent DV)|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||25 mg (250 percent DV)||200 mg (2,000 percent DV)|
|Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)||12.5 mg (625 percent DV)||200 mg (10,000 percent DV)|
|Biotin (Vitamin B7)||150 mcg (50 percent DV)||200 mcg (66 percent DV)|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||200 mcg (50 percent DV)||800 mcg (200 percent DV)|
|Vitamin B12||125 mcg (2,083 percent DV)||200 mcg (3,334 percent DV)|
Clearly, NOW ADAM is not an athlete multivitamin. It’s best-suited for the regular type of man who has a busy lifestyle or is wary of over-the-top B vitamin levels.
However, one thing leaps out at us: NOW ADAM’s high vitamin B12 content.
Just so you know, this vitamin helps boost heart health and increase energy levels – two things every busy man needs.
We’re confident 2,083 percent of the daily value for vitamin B12 will do the job.
We’re also stoked NOW ADAM includes several important components:
- Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol): 500 IU (125 percent of the daily value)
- Vitamin K (as menaquinone K2 and phytonadione K1): 40 mcg (50 percent of the daily value)
- Copper (from copper bisglycinate):25 mg (13 percent of the daily value)
- Chromium (from chromium picolinate): 100 mcg (83 percent of the daily value)
Notice the manufacturer uses ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) instead of the usual cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Well, experts believe vitamin D2 is not as powerful as vitamin D3. Moreover, the former doesn’t stay in the body as long as the latter.
Clearly, the folks at NOW should have chosen vitamin D3.
Nonetheless, NOW ADAM’s additional ingredients should pick up the slack.
You can’t go wrong with time-tested components such as saw palmetto extract, ALA, aloe vera, grape seed extract, choline, inositol, and CoQ10.
You’ll enjoy better cardiovascular health, improved eyesight, increased antoixdant protection, and healthier blood pressure levels, among other things.
All in all, this product’s name is indicative of its many health benefits for the modern Adam.
Not only will this multivitamin help today’s man achieve his fitness goals, but it will also help him enjoy a better quality of life.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (75 percent as beta-carotene and 25 percent as retinyl palmitate), 5,000 IU: A vitamin which helps boost eye health, increase muscle mass, and strengthen bones. Beta-carotene (a vitamin A precursor) is the better choice than retinyl palmitate, which experts have linked to carcinogenicity in recent years.
- Vitamin C (from calcium ascorbate), 125 mg: A powerful antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals and the common cold, regulate blood pressure levels, improve heart and eye health, and produce collagen (the protein found in connective tissue).
- Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol), 500 IU: Vitamin D helps keep free radicals at bay, boost cardiovascular function, and strengthen bones and teeth. One hundred twenty-five percent of the daily value should go a long way, although the manufacturer should have used cholecalciferol (the more potent form of vitamin D) instead.
- Vitamin E (as d–alpha tocopheryl succinate), 75 IU: Another powerful antioxidant which helps keep free radicals at bay, improve heart health, shorten recovery time, and boost vision.
- Vitamin K (as menaniquone K2 and phytonadione K1), 40 mcg: This vitamin helps regulate blood clots and blood sugar levels, regulate the immune and digestive systems, and strengthen bones.
- Thiamin (vitamin B1)(from thiamin HCl), 12.5 mg: A classic B vitamin which helps ramp up energy levels and boost heart health. An impressive 833 percent of the daily value should do the trick.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2), 12.5 mg: A B vitamin which helps ramp up energy levels and regulate the immune and digestive systems. An awesome 735 percent of the daily value should exceed your expectations.
- Niacin (vitamin B3)(as niacinamide and from inositol hexanicotinate), 17.5 mg: This ingredient helps boost cardiovascular function and joint mobility.
- Vitamin B6 (from pyridoxine HCl and pyridoxal-5-phosphate [P-5-P]), 12.5 mg: This B vitamin helps lower homocysteine (a non-protein amino acid detrimental to the cardiovascular system) levels for better heart health. Six hundred twenty-five percent of the daily value is a sure thing, folks.
- Folate (as folic acid), 200 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B9, this component helps regulate cholesterol levels and heart health.
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), 125 mg: Meet NOW ADAM’s most abundant ingredient at a whopping 2,083 percent of the daily value. Vitamin B12 helps increase energy levels and shore up cardiovascular function.
- Biotin, 150 mcg: Simply known as vitamin B7, this ingredient helps improve hair, nail, and skin health. Biotin also helps repair muscle tissue and ward off inflammation.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)(from calcium pantothenate), 25 mg: This B vitamin helps ramp up stamina, improve heart health, regulate the immune system, and keep stress levels in check.
- Calcium (from calcium ascorbate and calcium citrate), 25 mg: A mineral which helps strengthen bones, promote healthy blood pressure levels, stifle free radical activity, and improve cardiovascular function.
- Iodine (from potassium iodide), 75 mcg: An ingredient which helps regulate thyroid function and stop bacterial activity dead in its tracks.
- Magnesium (from magnesium citrate), 12.5 mg: This mineral helps improve cardiovascular health and sleep quality, keep stress levels in check, and increase testosterone and energy levels.
- Zinc (from zinc bisglycinate)(TRAACS), 15 mg: A versatile mineral which helps increase testosterone levels, improve sleep quality, strengthen bones, boost immunity, improve neurological function, and keep free radicals at bay.
- Selenium (from l-selenomethionine), 100 mcg: A mineral which helps boost the immune system, stifle free radical activity, and regulate thyroid hormone production.
- Copper (from copper bisglycinate)(TRAACS), 0.25 mg: A mineral which helps boost immunity, regulate iron absorption, and keep free radicals at bay.
- Manganese (from manganese bisglycinate)(TRAACS), 1 mg: This mineral helps regulate blood sugar levels, boost thyroid function, and ward off inflammation.
- Chromium (from chromium picolinate), 100 mcg: A mineral which helps regulate insulin function for more muscle growth and fat loss.
- Molybdenum (from sodium molybdate), 37.5 mcg: An ingredient which helps ramp up energy levels and facilitate the elimination of waste from the kidneys.
- Potassium (from potassium chloride), 12.5 mg: A mineral which helps regulate the immune system, improve bone health, boost muscle tissue growth, keep muscle cramps at bay, and promote healthy blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Saw palmetto (berry)(Serenoa repens), 80 mg: A fruit which helps regulate prostate health, regulate the immune system, boost kidney function, increase muscle mass, and promote optimal sexual function.
- Alpha lipoic acid. 25 mg: An antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals, boost cardiovascular function, increase muscular strength, and regulate neurological health.
- Organic aloe vera (leaf)(concentrate), 25 mg: A plant which helps keep free radicals at bay, promote hair growth, regulate the immune system, and improve skin health.
- Grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera)(standardized for polyphenols), 12.5 mg: This ingredient helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, strengthen bones, enhance cognitive function, boost dental health, and improve heart and skin health.
- Choline (from choline bitartrate), 12.5 mg: A water-soluble nutrient which helps boost memory, ward off fatigue, keep free radicals at bay, and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Inositol, 12.5 mg: A natural compound which helps boost fat loss, regulate cholesterol levels, maintain optimal nerve function, and regulate skin and hair health.
- CoQ10 (CoenzymeQ10), 7.5 mg: An antioxidant which helps ward off nasty free radicals, ramp up energy levels, and improve heart, brain, eye, ear, and dental health.
- Natural trans-reseveratrol [from Japanese knotweed extract (Polygonum cuspidatum)(root)], 5 mg: A Japanese plant which is an excellent source of resveratrol, a polyphenol which helps keep free radicals at bay, boost cardiovascular health, enhance cognitive function, and increase lifespan.
- Lycopene (from natural tomato extract), 1.5 mg: A red carotenoid pigment which helps improve heart health, keep free radicals at bay, ward off cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, slow down the aging process, and protect the skin from sunburn.
- Lutein (from marigold flowers), 250 mcg: A carotenoid which helps improve vision, boost skin health, regulate blood sugar levels, ward off free radicals, and improve cardiovascular function.
We’ll be honest, folks: NOW ADAM didn’t wow us.
You won’t find insane B vitamin amounts (except vitamin B12) and fancy ingredients in this multivitamin.
Our take: NOW ADAM isn’t about glitz and glamor. It’s about clean and effective ingredients.
Need hard evidence?
Look no further than this product’s GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification – it ensures customers NOW ADAM has no fillers and synthetic ingredients.
As for the B vitamin levels, they’re not as sky-high as big-name athlete multivitamins (such as EFX Sports VitaDrive). However, they’ll go a long way.
We like the extra dose of vitamin B12 (an impressive 2,083 percent of the daily value) for better heart health and increased energy levels.
NOW ADAM also is not short on key nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin D, chromium, and copper.
Just know this, folks: some manufacturer skip these ingredients.
For us, it doesn’t make sense – any busy man needs these components. We’re sure they’ll make him more productive.
NOW ADAM’s regular vitamin and mineral ingredient profile is downright impressive.
However, its additional components such as saw palmetto, lutein, lycopene, alpha lipoic acid (ALA), inositol, CoQ10 and grape seed extract are its main selling point.
We guarantee these ingredients will make men buy NOW ADAM. We’re also confident they will boost your long-term health.
Hey, the manufacturer’s clean reputation helps, too.
Another major plus: NOW ADAM comes in tablet, vegetable capsule, and softgel forms.
Like they say, variety is a spice of life. Thumbs up.
NOW ADAM also has a sterling reputation among consumers – they say it works. We agree with them.
In terms of transparency, the manufacturer does an excellent job – it reveals all of the ingredient amounts.
No shady proprietary blends whatsoever. Nice.
Even though this supplement is impressive from top to bottom, it has a few minor chinks.
The first one is the use of vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) – some experts claim it isn’t as effective as vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
On that note, it would have been better if the company included the latter instead.
NOW ADAM has no iron content, either. If you want to increase your iron intake, better purchase a different multivitamin.
Finally, some customers gripe about the size of the NOW ADAM softgels – they say it’s like swallowing a horse pill.
Despite these shortcomings, NOW ADAM is a great multivitamin which will exceed any modern man’s expectations.
NOW ADAM Benefits
NOW ADAM has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Contains beta-carotene
- B vitamins in active and bioavailable forms
- Saw palmetto component for men over 30
- Includes alpha lipoic acid (ALA)
- Increased lycopene and lutein levels for prostate and eye health
We agree with these claims. NOW ADAM’s impressive ingredient profile should help boost the modern man’s health for years to come.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended NOW ADAM for healthy and active men who are at least 18 years of age who want to fill nutrition gaps, achieve their daily fitness goals, and improve their overall quality of life.
Any Side Effects?
NOW ADAM contains 88 percent of the daily value for vitamin B3 (niacin), an ingredient which may cause a burning and tingling sensation in the face and neck areas (known as “niacin flush”).
If this, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying NOW ADAM.
NOW ADAM Review Summary
- Impressive ingredients. Solid from top to bottom.
- GMP certification. Assures customers product has no fillers. Awesome.
- Solid B vitamin levels. Not as high as those of athlete multivitamins, but they’ll do the trick.
- Includes vitamin D, vitamin K, chromium, and copper. Thumbs up.
- Long-term health benefits. Courtesy of saw palmetto, grape seed extract, inositol, lutein, lycopene, CoQ10, etc.
- Great reputation. Customers have given this popular multivitamin rave reviews.
- Vitamin D2. Not as effective as the more traditional vitamin D3.
- No iron content. Buy a different multivitamin if you want more iron.
- Big softgels. Some customers compare them to horse pills.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 90-Softgel Bottle (45-Day Supply): $29.99
- 1 180-Softgel Bottle (90-Day Supply): $53.99
- 1 60-Tablet Bottle (60-Day Supply): $23.99
- 1 120-Tablet Bottle (120-Day Supply): $43.99
- 1 90-Vegetable-Capsule Bottle(30-Day Supply): $27.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on NOW ADAM
Like we said, NOW ADAM didn’t wow us.
Nevertheless, it’s still a solid multivitamin. Make no mistake about it, folks.
We’ve always had high praises for NOW supplements. This one is no different – we’re confident it will help shore up the modern man’s long-term health.
We also hope it will conquer multivitamin ratings.
We recommend you buy NOW ADAM and enjoy its benefits today.