When you train, you lose a lot of key nutrients.
If you’re an athlete, you should know this by now. Protein supplements and post-workout products are not enough to get the job done.
A potent multivitamin such as JYM Vita JYM should work wonders.
Dr. Jim Stoppani’s product line has impressed us to no end. We’re hoping the trend continues with his popular multivitamin.
Buckle up and enjoy another exciting review, folks.
About JYM Vita JYM
JYM Vita JYM is Dr. Jim Stoppani’s “exclusive multivitamin/mineral supplement formulated to provide the micronutrients hard-training athletes need in the exact doses they need them,” per its official website. Formula notes:
- Impressive ingredients. Has 25 key micronutrients for hard-training athletes.
- Has no zinc, calcium, magensium, and phosphorus. Ingredients which impede nutrient absorption.
- Mega doses of key B Vitamins. Dosed at 100 milligrams each for increased energy levels and better heart health.
JYM Vita JYM Supplement Facts (60 Tablets)
|Serving Size: 2 Tablets|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin A (as beta-carotene)||10,000 IU||200%|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||250 mg||417%|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl-succinate)||400 IU||1,333%|
|Vitamin K [as menaquinone-7 (MK-7) and menaquinone-4 (MK-4)]||120 mcg||150%|
|Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate)||100 mg||6,667 %|
|Niacin (niacinamide)||100 mg||500%|
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)||100 mg||5,000%|
|Folate (as folic acid)||400 mcg||100%|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||500 mcg||8,333%|
|Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate)||100 mg||1,000%|
|Iron (as ferrous fumarate)||18 mg||100%|
|Iodine (from potassium iodide)||150 mcg||100%|
|Selenium (as sodium selenate)||200 mcg||286%|
|Copper (as copper gluconate)||3 mg||150%|
|Manganese (as manganese gluconate)||2.3 mg||115%|
|Chromium (as chromim picolinate)||200 mcg||167%|
|Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate)||45 mcg||60%|
|Potassium (as potassium citrate)||100 mg||3%|
|Nickel (as nickel sulfate)||5 mcg||*|
|Vanadium (as vanadyl chelate)||10 mcg||*|
|Silica (as silicon dioxide)||2 mg||*|
|Boron (as boron chelate)||3 mg||*|
|Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Bioperine®)||5 mg||*|
|Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Film Coat (Hypromellose, Polyethylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose), and Magnesium Stearate.|
|Directions For Vita JYM: Take 2 tablets with a meal such as breakfast every day.|
The Athlete’s Perfect Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
We bet you’ve seen tons of multivitamins geared toward the needs of hard-training athletes and bodybuilding enthusiasts.
One such product which comes to mind is EVLUTION NUTRITION VITAMODE.
The manufacturer dubs it a “High-Performance Multivitamin.”
While it has some flaws, we still gave it a good grade. It covers all the bases for today’s athlete.
We’re hoping JYM Vita JYM can do the same thing.
We gave both supplements decent grades. It would be interesting to find out if Dr. Stoppani’s multivitamin can emerge as his best product to date.
Honestly, we have a good feeling about JYM Vita JYM.
One look at its ingredients list, we can tell straight up this one is not your typical multivitamin.
Of course, we mean that in a good way, folks.
JYM Vita JYM “is my exclusive multivitamin/mineral supplement formulated to provide the micronutrients hard-training athletes need in the exact doses they need them,” Dr. Stoppani wrote on JYM Supplement Science’s website.
He stresses today’s multivitamins contain crappy, synthetic materials which impede nutrient absorption.
On the other hand, JYM Vita JYM “contains a specific blend of synergistic micronutrients to deliver and help you absorb critical vitamins and minerals in the doses and forms you need,” per its official website.
Dr. Stoppani stresses individuals who perform rigorous exercise lose excessive amounts of B Vitamins, ascorbic acid, chromium, selenium, iron, and copper.
The levels of these nutrients dwindle due to “sweat and urine, their increased use for energy production during workouts, and their increased use for recovery and protein synthesis after workouts,” Dr. Stoppani wrote.
It sure makes perfect sense to us.
Dr. Stoppani’s point: many multivitamins compromise your fitness goals. JYM Vita JYM won’t.
He has a valid point, folks. The man has a doctorate in exercise physiology with a minor in biochemistry from the University of Connecticut. We’ll take his word for it.
Dr. Stoppani says he concocted JYM Vita JYM based on four premises, per JYM Supplement Science’s official website:
- Conflict of interest – competitors include heaps of redundant ingredients such as zinc, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. While they have nutritional value, they hinder nutrient absorption. Dr. Stoppani leaves them out of JYM Vita JYM’s formula for this reason.
- Vitamins and minerals that are MIA – On the other hand, these competitors overlook key nutrients such as Vitamin K, iodine, chromium, and copper. They also underdose B Vitamins, which, in Dr. Stoppani’s opinion, must be ramped up (around 100 milligrams each) to meet the needs of hard-training athletes.
- Bad form – Dr. Stoppani refers to competitors’ use of “cheap, ineffective or even potentially dangerous forms of certain vitamins and minerals.” As an example, he says other multivitamins use pre-formed Vitamin A or retinol, in their formulas. It takes some time for the body to clear these, which may result in toxicity or liver issues. In contrast, JYM Vita JYM uses beta-carotene, which the body converts “into active Vitamin A,” per Stoppani.
- Poor absorption – Stoppani says the body does not fully absorb the nutrients from most multivitamins, which makes them a waste of money. To prevent this, JYM Vita JYM has 5 milligrams of BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract) to boost nutrient uptake.
Dr. Stoppani is ahead of his time. These four principles essentially outline what any athlete should look for in a multivitamin.
We told you we had a good feeling about JYM Vita JYM.
It’s also obvious this multivitamin has just about everything a hard-training athlete needs from top to bottom.
JYM Vita JYM has 10,000 IU of Vitamin A (equal to 200 percent of the daily value).
This vitamin is best known for its eye health benefits. However, Dr. Stoppani included ample amounts to “assist in the growth and repair of body tissues, including muscle,” per JYM Supplement Science’s official website.
Who would have known Vitamin A has that crucial benefit for athletes?
It seems only an expert like Dr. Stoppani does.
Hard-training individuals also need hefty doses of B Vitamins and Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
JYM Vita JYM has 250 milligrams of the daily value for Vitamin C (equal to 417 percent of the daily value).
We’re confident that much will help you stave off free radicals, boost the immune system, and regulate collagen formation.
If you’ve seen some of our bones and joints products on B5, you may notice some of them have a high amount of Vitamin C.
Like Dr. Stoppani pointed out, ascorbic acid is crucial in forming collagen (a structural protein found in connective tissues which holds the body together).
When you take JYM Vita JYM, expect your connective tissues (which take a pounding during a hard gym session) to feel much better.
Dr. Stoppani made good on his promise to also include 100 milligrams of each of the key B Vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine) to help ramp up energy levels.
Plus, B Vitamins help shore up heart health.
As a reference point, the aforementioned EVLUTION NUTRITION VITAMODE’s (another multivitamin manufactured for athletes) B Vitamin levels pale in comparison to JYM Vita JYM’s:
|JYM Vita JYM||EVLUTION NUTRITION VITAMODE|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||100 mg||10 mg|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||100 mg||10 mg|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||100 mg||75 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)||100 mg||75 mg|
|Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)||100 mg||50 mg|
So, which multivitamin do you think will help supercharge your energy levels?
The answer is obvious: JYM Vita JYM wins hands down.
On the other hand, it’s also imperative we touch on the nutrients this multivitamin has which most competitor’s don’t:
- Vitamin K, 120 mcg: This vitamin helps enzymes to function optimally, assists in blood clotting, and wards off free radicals. Its most important benefits for athletes are its abilities to strengthen bones and boost heart health.
- Iodine, 150 mcg: This mineral is well-known for its ability to boost thyroid function. When that happens, the thyroid will be able to purify the blood that flows through it more efficiently, stopping bacterial growth dead in its tracks.
- Chromium 200 mcg: Dr. Stoppani says, “Nutritional supplementation with chromium helps improve insulin function, which can impact muscle growth and fat loss.” He also adds strenuous exercise results in excessive loss of chromium. Taking JYM Vita JYM will help offset that.
- Copper, 3 mg: A mineral which helps improve “bone, nerve, and cardiovascular health, as well as immune function,” per Dr. Stoppani. Copper also helps increase energy and human growth hormone (HGH) levels – two attractive benefits for athletes. Dr. Stoppani says three grams of copper per serving is optimal.
The takeaway: JYM Vita JYM supplies your body with underrated nutrients which help strengthen bones, increase muscle growth, and boost fat loss.
Ergo, your athletic performance will improve. Trust us.
As for the other key vitamins and minerals, most of them are in JYM Vita JYM: Vitamin E, folate, iron, potassium, etc.
They should complement the aforementioned nutrients very well. Dr. Stoppani said JYM Vita JYM’s ingredients don’t work in isolation. Instead, they work synergistically to produce optimum results.
We like that. That’s how a multivitamin should work.
On a different note, we always – always – look for a label on the multivitamin which says “ISO-Certified” or “All-Natural” to make sure the ingredients are top-notch.
While we found neither on JYM Vita JYM, the label does say it complies with cGMP standards:
If you find a label like this on your multivitamin, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
It seems to us Dr. Jim Stoppani has pulled out all the stops, folks.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), 10,000 IU: Helps maintain good eyesight and strong bones. Dr. Stoppani stresses Vitamin A also helps grow and repair muscles.
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 250 mg: Acts as a potent antioxidant which helps ward off free radicals. It also keeps the common cold at bay. Ascorbic acid helps produce collagen, the protein found in connective tissue.
- Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate), 400 IU: Dr. Stoppani says Vitamin E is “critical for muscle recovery” on JYM Supplement Science’s official website. A whopping 1,333 percent of the daily value for Vitamin E ought to shorten your recovery time (anything more than 15 percent is high).
- Vitamin K [as menaquinone-7 (MK-7) and menaquinone-4 (MK-4)], 120 mcg: A vitamin which most competitors don’t have. Vitamin K assists in blood clots, strengthens bones, and improves cardiovascular health.
- Thiamin (as thiamin mononitrate), 100 mg: Also known as Vitamin B1, it helps ramp up energy levels and boost heart health. JYM Vita JYM’s unbelievable 6,667 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B1 is a surefire way for you to reap these important fitness benefits.
- Riboflavin, 100 mg: Also known as Vitamin B2, this ingredient helps increase energy levels and regulate the immune and digestive systems. Its ability to improve thyroid function makes it a perfect complement to this multivitamin’s iodine component.
- Niacin (niacinamide), 100 mg: Also known as Vitamin B3, niacin helps improve heart health and joint mobility. Caution: high doses of niacin may result in “niacin flushing” in some individuals (an itching and tingling sensation in the face and chest areas).
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), 100 mg: This B Vitamin helps keep homocysteine levels in check (too much of it may compromise blood vessel and heart health). Pyridoxine also helps regulate sleep cycles, which, in turn, shorten recovery time. How does an awesome 5,000 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B6 grab you?
- Folate (as folic acid), 400 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B9, folate helps improve heart health and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), 500 mcg: Meet the most potent ingredient of JYM Vita JYM, folks: if an insane 8,333 percent of the daily value for cyanocobalamin doesn’t grab you, nothing will. You are sure to increase your energy levels and boost heart health. No doubt about it.
- Biotin, 300 mcg: Also known as Vitamin B7, biotin is best known for its ability to regulate hair, skin, and nail health. However, it also helps build and repair muscle tissues and keep inflammation at bay. Awesome.
- Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate), 100 mg: Also known as Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid helps increase stamina and delay the onset of exercise fatigue. Plus, it helps shore up the immune system.
- Iron (as ferrous fumarate), 18 mg: “Iron is critical for oxygen delivery to working muscles, and therefore it is critical for performance,” per Dr. Stoppani. One hundred percent of the daily value for iron should do the trick.
- Iodine (from potassium iodide), 150 mcg: A neglected multivitamin ingredient which helps regulate thyroid function and keep bacterial growth at bay.
- Selenium (as sodium selenate), 200 mcg: A trace mineral which plays a key role in optimal thyroid and immune system function. Stoppani stresses “selenium may be critical for muscle strength,” per JYM Supplement Science’s official website.
- Copper (as copper gluconate), 3 mg: An underrated mineral which helps increase energy levels and increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels, per Dr. Stoppani.
- Manganese (as manganese gluconate), 2.3 mg: Dr. Stoppani says this mineral helps increase testosterone levels and form connective tissue – two great benefits for hard-training athletes.
- Chromium (as chromium picolinate), 200 mcg: Like Dr. Stoppani earlier said, chromium helps regulate insulin activity for more muscle growth and fat loss.
- Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate), 45 mcg: Molybdenum “is believed to be critical for energy production and waste processing in the kidneys,” per Dr. Stoppani.
- Potassium (as potassium citrate), 100 mg: A mineral which helps regulate blood pressure levels and improve cardiovascular function. Dr. Stoppani also says potassium helps keep muscle breakdown in check.
- Nickel (as nickel sulfate), 5 mcg: A rare multivitamin ingredient which assists in iron absorption and strengthens bones.
- Vanadium (as vanadyl chelate), 10 mcg: Vanadium’s benefits on athletic performance are similar to chromium’s. Hence, JYM Vita JYM is a multivitamin which helps enhance insulin activity.
- Silica (as silicon dioxide), 2 mg: A mineral which helps improve heart and bone health.
- Boron (as boron chelate), 3 mg: This mineral helps increase concentration and strengthen bones. Boron is also known to increase testosterone levels for increased muscle mass and strength.
We are thoroughly impressed with JYM Vita JYM.
Dr. Jim Stoppani makes it clear from the get-go that JYM Vita JYM is intended for hard-training people.
Sure, other multivitamins also have those consumers in mind.
Many manufacturers ramble about their products’ benefits and what they can do for you.
On the other hand, you can tell right away science and research back up JYM Vita JYM’s claims.
For instance, Dr. Stoppani clearly explains his rationale for not including zinc, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus (they impede key nutrient absorption).
It turns out these four minerals are liabilities in a multivitamin (However, we must stress your body needs them. Try getting them from whole-food sources instead).
Who would have thought?
It bears repeating, folks: Dr. Stoppani is one step ahead of everybody else.
By including neglected vitamins and minerals (such as Vitamin K, iodine, chromium, and copper) and ramping up B Vitamin levels, it’s like Dr. Stoppani did a complete car overhaul.
The usual jalopy functions well. However, Stoppani’s JYM Vita JYM is like a Rolls-Royce which can cover plenty of mileage.
On that note, we are confident this multivitamin will help your athleticism reach unprecedented heights.
The fact Stoppani and Co. complied with cGMP standards is mere icing on the cake.
Kudos also to them for showing great transparency – they divulge all of the ingredient amounts. Awesome.
We also think the inclusion of five milligrams of BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract) per serving for better nutrient absorption is great.
Make no mistake about it, folks: JYM Vita JYM is a great multivitamin.
However, it’s not perfect.
The solitary red flag we spotted was the inclusion of several questionable (and unfamiliar) ingredients:
- Microcrystalline cellulose: may cause gas, bloating, and allergies
- Croscarmellose sodium: may cause allergic reactions, stomach discomfort, and bloating
However, we remain confident JYM Vita JYM won’t produce these side effects provided you follow the recommended dosage (two tablets daily).
JYM Vita JYM Benefits
JYM Vita JYM has the following benefits, per its official website:
- Has 25 vital micronutrients for the hard-training athlete
- Absence of nutrient-absorption-impeding ingredients
- One hundred grams each of key B Vitamins for increased energy
- Ten thousand IU of Vitamin A
- Has Vitamin K for stronger bones and healthier heart
- Contains chromium picolinate to boost insulin function
- Has five milligrams of BioPerine to improve nutrient uptake
We agree with all of these claims. JYM Vita JYM is a unique multivitamin which will help you achieve your fitness goals and more.
Who Takes It?
JYM Vita JYM is intended for hard-training and healthy individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase muscle mass, boost energy levels, fill nutrition gaps, and improve their overall long-term health.
Any Side Effects?
JYM Vita JYM has 500 percent of the daily value for Vitamin B3 (niacin), which may cause “niacin flushing” (an itchy or tingling sensation in the head and chest areas) in some individuals.
This product also contains several ingredients (microcrystalline cellulose and croscarmellose sodium) which may cause bloating and allergies.
If these, or any other ingredient, makes you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before purchasing.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
JYM Vita JYM Summary
- Comprehensive multivitamin formula. Twenty-five micronutrients for the hard-training athlete.
- Science- and research-based. Expected from a Dr. Jim Stoppani product.
- Absence of absorption-impeding nutrients. Surprisingly, has no zinc, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Includes underrated nutrients. Has key doses of Vitamin K, iodine, chromium, and copper.
- Mega doses of B Vitamins. For increased energy levels and better heart health.
- Great transparency. Stoppani and Co. divulge all of the ingredient amounts. Bravo.
- Good reputation. Consumers have given it high marks online.
- Potential dirty ingredients. Please refer to warning label listed above.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 60-Tablet Bottle (30-Day Supply): $21.18
- Available online on Bodybuilding.com
Final Word on JYM Vita JYM
Dr. Jim Stoppani has outdone himself.
His products (JYM Pro JYM and JYM Post JYM, in particular) are solid.
However, JYM Vita JYM kicks it up a notch.
We say this is one of the best multivitamins for hard-training athletes on the market.
It may not be perfect, but it sure is potent.
Buy JYM Vita JYM, add it to your supplement stack, and watch your results soar.