One carnitine type isn’t enough for this fat ass.
We’ll need three times the carnitine power for this supplement to work.
Fortunately, that’s exactly what Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx supplies: Three types of powerful carnitine fat burners for three times the carnitine fat burns! Okay, admittedly, that’s not how carnitine works. You can’t simply stack up three different types and expect three times the results. Even so, it’s a smart, comprehensive carnitine design made all the more impressive with the herbs chosen to accompany Ultra Carnitine’s triple-source carnitine complex.
But all you want to know is does Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx work for burning fat, right? Well, we’ll need to read the Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx review to find out …righttt??
About Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx
Manufactured by MuscleTech, Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is a Triple-Source L-Carnitine Weight Loss formula. As such, Ultra Carnitine accomplishes significant fat burns with a formula that we can confidently call “unique,” even despite the short list of ingredients. Formula notes:
- Triple-Source L-Carnitine: Supplying L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and L-Carnitine Fumarate, Ultra Carnitine provides the best carnitine forms currently on the 2018 market.
- Best5 Favorite: MuscleTech seems to have as much an affinity for chlorogenic acids (CGA) as we do (see our BIG List of Fat Burners), because MuscleTech burners always have them.
- Non-Proprietary: Older MuscleTech formulas gave the company a bad name with their attachment to the proprietary blend label. Ultra Carnitine does away with the proprietary blend for fully transparent ingredient dosages. (Assuming you’re okay with the catch-all carnitine dosage here.)
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 3 Caplets|
Servings Per Container: 40
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||2 mg (100% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||6 mcg (100% DV)|
|Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate)||5 mg (50% DV)|
|as L-Carnitine Tartrate|
|as L-Carnitine Fumarate|
|C. canephora robusta extract (bean) (Robusta Coffee) standardized for 45% chlorogenic acids||200 mg|
|Grains of paradise extract (as Aframomum Melegueta (seed)||15 mg|
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Coating (Titanium Dioxide, Polyethylene Glycol, Talc), Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate.
|Directions for Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx: Take 1 serving (3 caplets) with water 2 times daily. Take each serving 30 to 60 minutes before your 2 largest meals of the day (e.g., breakfast and lunch). Do not exceed 6 caplets in a 24-hour period. For best results, use for 60 days in combination with diet and training.|
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is simple: three types of carnitine (3X) plus a couple fat burning herbal extracts.
The result is a sweet, simple carnitine-powered fat burner geared towards leaner muscle mass. However, before we dive into quality of Ultra Carnitine’s ingredient choices, let’s first check out the vitamins:
- Vitamin B6 – Often supplemented in nootropics (for its mood boosts) and testosterone boosters (for its testosterone boosts). Although, P-5-P is a better form than Pyridoxine HCl.
- Vitamin B12 – Involved in many, many biological pathways, B12 is a key B vitamin for cognitive and metabolic functions, namely for vegans and elderly. Methylcobalamin is a solid choice.
Could Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx supplied higher B vitamin dosages to make their effects more pronounced? Sure. But we won’t argue over it. Rather, let’s get on with the meat of this formula.
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx Review: Ingredients
L-Carnitine Complex – Sourced from meats (hence carnitine, of the Latin carne), carnitine is an interesting fat burner option for its potential to also improve muscle gains and brain energy. While the brain energy claim is somewhat suspect, at least for the healthy individual, the muscle benefits of carnitine seem more evident in the case of certain carnitine types. However, Ultra Carnitine does us a solid by providing a few of the best carnitine types:
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate – Helps metabolize fatty acids for muscle energy.
- N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine – Crosses the blood-brain barrier for better brain energy.
- L-Carnitine Fumarate – Often studied for its bone strength benefits.
C. Canephora Robusta Extract – A MuscleTech favorite (and a Best5 favorite fat burner), this herbal extract supplies 45% chlorogenic acids (CGA), which may assist with fat loss via increased fat metabolism and blood sugar regulation.
Grains of Paradise Extract – An herbal relative of ginger, grains of paradise (or Super-6 Paradol) may help boost thermogenesis by activating brown adipose tissue, i.e., the fat burning kind of fat. Additionally, grains of paradise may possess regulatory benefits on blood pressure. Although, it’s hard to tell if this dosage is enough for this natural extract to work.
No tricks or gimmicks with this one. What Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx advertised on its label is exactly what you get: an ultra source of carnitine-powered fat burns. As such, Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is one of the best carnitine fat burners on the market.
But is it one of the best fat burners in general? Meh, not quite.
While Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx does provide a comprehensive carnitine complex, it does not comprehensively target fat loss, missing out on several key fat burning bio-pathways. With that in mind, Ultra Carnitine doesn’t seem to operate as a standalone fat burner supplement.
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx works best when stacked with other fat burner and pre-workout products.
As a standalone supplement, Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx impresses with its herbal extracts and transparent ingredient dosages. However, you may further enhance your results with this product by stacking it with other bodybuilder supplements — e.g., CLA, Green Tea Extract, BCAA…
So, our take on the Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx formula: Worth the investment …so long as you’re also invested in other fat burner stacks.
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx Benefits
MuscleTech sticks with its infamous “Double the Weight Loss” health claim with this supplement, as it does with all of its supplements that carry CGAs:
And so this isn’t the first time we’ve pointed out: That’s not how research works.
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx itself was not clinically researched, and thus these figures don’t apply to Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx — even if it does supply CGA. Having said that, we’re sure Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx may assist with your fat burning goals, potentially aiding muscle gains and recovery as well.
Just don’t buy into the “Double the Weight Loss” claim. It doesn’t apply here.
Who Takes It?
Lean Muscle Bodybuilders. Unlike other thermogenic fat burners, L-carnitine doubles as a muscle enhancer, working best when you’re working hard. As such, lean muscle building weight trainers may appreciate Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx the most.
Any Side Effects?
These ingredients are safe, natural, and healthy. At the least, the customer reviews are generally positive on this bad boy, with practically zero reports of side effects. And given the non-stimulant, caffeine-free design of Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx, we wouldn’t expect any adverse effects here.
Even so, MuscleTech slapped this warning on the label:
Warnings: WARNING: Not intended for use by persons under 18. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms. Consult a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for, or diagnosed with or have a family history of any medical condition, or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter drug(s). Consult a medical doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Do not exceed recommended serving. Improper use of this product will not improve results and is not advised. Use only as directed. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx Review Summary
- Triple-Source. Three carnitines for comprehensive carnitine bio-activity.
- Best5 Favorite. The hype is (somewhat) real: CGAs burn fat.
- Non-Proprietary. MuscleTech must be proud of their dosages because they’re actually showing them here.
- Simple. We like simple. But this type of simple needs more ingredients to fully work.
- Over-Hyped. Almost a con with every MuscleTech formula, due to their misused “Double the Weight Loss” health claim.
- Grains of Paradise Dosage. This is only a potential con, depending on the nature of the extract. Even so, 15 mg just seems generally too low for an herbal extract.
Pricing and Where to Buy
- 1 Bottle (40 days): $49.99
- Available online and in retail stores
You can buy Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx through various online retailers, including Amazon, GNC, and Bodybuilding.com. Be sure to price compare before buying, as prices can greatly vary on this one.
Final Word on Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx
Your perfect fat burner stack just found its missing ingredient: L-Carnitine. Often viewed as a must have for slim muscle gains, L-carnitine benefits bodybuilders both in terms of weight loss and weight gains with its fat to muscle transformations. Ultra Carnitine 3X SX-7 Black Onyx is one of the better carnitine options we’ve seen in awhile. Definitely worth adding to your fat burner collection.