Not all that glitters is gold.
And not all that’s caffeinated burns fat.
Which is why Slimvance Stimulant Free and Performix Stimfree both said screw it: We don’t need caffeine. Or any other fat burning stimulants for that matter. That’s how confident they are in their core fat burning ingredients they are. And, frankly, we’re down for more non-stimulant fat burners. Given that they work.
First impressions: Both supplements supply hot fat burning ingredients that work. And so the only question left on our minds: Slimvance® Stimulant Free vs. Performix® Stimfree — which is better?? Let’s read their reviews to find out.
(Also, sorry for putting that Smash Mouth song in your head.)
Supplement Facts Comparison
Slimvance Stimulant Free
|Slimvance® Patented Blend||450 mg||Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid)||5 mg (25% DV)|
|Moringa oleifera leaf extract, Murraya koenigii leaf extract, curcuma longa root extract (standardized to Curcuminoids = 31.5 mg)||Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)||3 mg (150% DV)|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)||250 mcg (4,167% DV)|
|Chromium (as Zychrome® Chromium Dinicocysteinate)||134 mcg (112% DV)|
|PX9™ Ballistic Beadlet Complex||224 mg|
|GreenPRO Metabolic Matrix™|
|GreenSelect® Phytosome® Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) extract (leaf) with Soy [std. to 19-25% Polyphenols, 13% Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG)], Green Coffee (Coffea arabica) extract (bean) [std. to 50% Chlorogenic Acids]|
|GC3™ Appetite Management Matrix|
|Garcinia cambogia extract (fruit rind) [std. to 50% Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA)], Gymnema sylvestre extract (leaf) [std. to 75% Gymnemic Acid], Bitter Melon (Momordica charantia) extract (fruit)|
|CX2™ Thermogenic Activator|
|Capsimax® (Capsicum annuum) extract (fruit)|
|SERO-PROx™ Positive Mood Support|
|Griffonia simplicifolia extract (seed) [std. to 98% 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)]|
|H2O Balance Complex|
|Uva Ursi (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) extract 20:1 (leaf) [std. to 20% Arbutin], Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) extract 10:1 (root)|
|DX5™ Thyroid Health|
Slimvance Stimulant Free vs. Performix Stimfree represents a side-by-side comparison between two, BIG-name, clean, caffeine-free fat burners.
Judging by the Supplement Facts, the match-up may seem a little off-balance, given the huge difference in ingredient counts between these fat burners. However, more isn’t always more, and, in the case of Slimvance, less has actually worked out fairly well for this formula.
In a separate comparison between Slimvance Thermogenic vs. Performix SST v2X, the former won, even though it carried fewer ingredients than Performix. However, Slimvance Stimulant Free holds even fewer ingredients, whereas Performix Stimfree packs its pill with premium grade burners. Let’s see how Slimvance’s formula stacks up this time around.
Slimvance® Patented Blend
The core of Slimvance Core Slimming Complex, this proprietary, patented blend (SEE: US Patent No. 8541383) supplies an interesting fat burner stack of three ingredients. We say “interesting” because only one of these ingredients initially stood out (Curcuma longa, or turmeric), whereas the remaining two were unfamiliar. However, Slimvance does a solid job at explaining the purpose of each ingredient:
- Moringa oleifera – supplying highly bio-active antioxidants, this natural extract seems to assist with fat loss via increased blood sugar regulation.
- Murraya koenigii – traditionally used in the Ayurvedic health system, this type of “curry” leaf supplies a rich source of active alkaloids.
- Curcuma longa – as a popular nootropic brain health herb, turmeric supplies all-around healthy antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Altogether, this fat burner stack has been demonstrated to improve fat burning, as shown through clinical research. In fact, this is perhaps what’s most impressive about Slimvance’s formulas: They actually earned the “clinically researched” tag.
Many supplements claim this. Few have actually earned it.
PX9™ Ballistic Beadlet Complex
Performix Stimfree does something interesting with its proprietary blend — PX9™ Ballistic Beadlet Complex — by splitting it into six proprietary blends, of which all share the same 224 mg dosage. This is concerned for an obvious reason. However, we’ll get into that below, in the “Dosage” section.
For now, let’s check out each blend within the Beadlet Complex:
- GreenPRO Metabolic Matrix – Features two Best5 favorite fat burners: Green Tea Extract and Green Coffee Bean Extract (CGA). Hell yes.
- GC3 Appetite Management Matrix – Another Best5 favorite fat burner: Garcinia Cambogia (HCA); plus a couple herbal extracts.
- CX2 Thermogenic Activator – Even though we have thermogenesis somewhat covered, Performix ups it up a notch with another fiery burner: Capsimax Cayenne extract.
- SERO-PROx Positive Mood Support – Typically valued for its testosterone benefits, Mucuna pruriens supplies serotonergic mood boosting bio-activities as well.
- H2O Balance – Essentially herbal diuretics for that veiny, dehydrated look that bodybuilders shoot for before a show.
- DX5 Thyroid Health – Questionable addition of T2, a thyroid prohormone criticized by researchers for its unverified fat burning potential.
Performix Stimfree arranges a surprising variety of fat burning bio-activities. However, we’re unsure how effective this proprietary-within-proprietary blends arrangement is.
Slimvance Stimulant Free vs. Performix Stimfree: Unique Benefits
Both fat burner supplements target fat loss via non-stimulant (i.e., non-caffeinated) pathways. However, each supplement takes a completely unique approach to fat burning.
Slimvance Stimulant Free takes a slimmer, more focused approach to thermogenic weight loss.
While Slimvance Stimulant Free lacks the fat burning chops of the caffeinated Slimvance formula, missing out on a few key fat burners — Garcinia Cambogia, Cayenne (which aren’t stimulants?) — Slimvance Stimulant Free sticks with a core proprietary blend that’s entirely unique to the Slimvance design.
In fact, the patent on this blend prevents other supplement manufacturers to hijack Slimvance’s formula, so if you want this specific mix of fat burning ingredients, you’ll have to stick with Slimvance.
Performix Stimfree shoots with a shotgun spread, aiming for thermogenic fat burns with various fat burning tools.
Whereas Slimvance takes the short, sweet approach to fat burning, Performix Stimfree performs the spray and pray method of fat burning. Better known as: stacking up a bunch of fat burning ingredients and hoping that one of them works.
Not that there’s no method to Performix’s madness: these manufacturers clearly know which ingredients work, and they formulated their product accordingly. Even slapping the correct labels to each blend according to their primary bio-activities. However, we can’t be as sure of this formula as we are with Slimvance, given that Performix didn’t subject their formula to clinical testing.
- Performix Stimfree supplies more, better fat burners. Slimvance Stimulant Free supplies a more proven fat burner formula. As a whole, Slimvance Stimulant Free reads like the more impressive fat burner stack.
Okay. Here we go: Both Slimvance and Performix drop the dosage ball.
And they drop the ball because they’re too busy holding onto their formuler (a la Mr. Krabs). By obscuring their formulas with their proprietary blend labels, Slimvance and Performix lack the transparency required for us to accurately compare their individual ingredient dosages.
And as supplement reviewers, we don’t like that very much.
To Slimvance Stimulant Free‘s credit, Body Dynamix seems to actually have a reason for its blend’s proprietary status, given that they actually subjected their formula to clinical testing. Because the clinical testing proved positive for their formula, it actually makes sense that they’d want to hold their formula as a proprietary secret. Plus, Slimvance Stimulant Free only uses one proprietary blend.
Performix Stimfree, on the other hand, hides six proprietary blends under a single proprietary blend. And the single proprietary blend has a lower dosage than Slimvance Stimulant Free’s 450 mg blend. In fact, Performix has slightly less than half Slimvance Stimulant Free’s 450 mg blend.
- While we’re not big fans of the proprietary blend shenanigans, Slimvance Stimulant Free has a justified reason for its nicely dosed proprietary blend. Performix Stimfree’s poorly dosed proprietary blend does not seem justified.
Ingredient Quality Comparison
Because Slimvance Stimulant Free only uses three ingredients, we’ll start there: They’re good. Or at least they’re good insomuch that herbal extracts are good — relative to plain herbal powders. Because we’re unsure what the exact contents of these extracts are (with exception to curcuma longa root’s 31.5 mg curcuminoids), we’ll have to take these ingredients by faith and by Slimvance Stimulant Free’s clinical research.
Performix Stimfree stacks many more ingredients, several of which carry the ™ or ® by their name. This indicates Performix’s preference for premium, patented ingredients, of which several have been subjected to research. (Although, that research does not apply to Performix’s particular ingredients.)
Even the ingredients that aren’t patented come in potent, premium forms — e.g.:
- Garcinia Cambogia 50% HCA Extract
- Green Coffee Bean 50% CGA Extract
- Griffonia simplicifolia 98% 5-HTP Extract
And more. Performix often receives complaints for its excessively high prices. However, Performix seems to qualify the premium price tag with premium grade ingredients, enhancing by Performix’s BioPerine® black pepper extract.
- Slimvance Stimulant Free supplies a patented blend of herbal extracts, while Performix Stimfree stacks highly potent, premium, patented extracts. Ingredient-by-ingredient, Performix provides more high quality fat burners.
Nutrient Delivery and Clean Label Comparison
Let’s start with the supplement that tries hardest in this category: Performix.
One of the key features of a Performix product is the Advanced Multi-Phase Extended Release capsules, accomplished via Performix’s poorly defined TERRA Intelligent Dosing technology. Essentially, Performix’s cool beads-in-capsules design is the look of the TERRA Intelligent Dosing tech. And, essentially, Performix claims this delivery method to be superior to your standard formula-in-pills design — such as Slimvance.
However, there’s a couple problems with Performix’s high-tech design:
- The junky additives thrown into those beads and capsules.
- We have no idea if it actually works or not.
If anything, the design seems to detract from the formula, wasting precious capsule space on fillers and medium chain triglycerides. Not that Slimvance Stimulant Free’s formula does much better on the additive count — we’re looking at you FD&C Red #3. But it’s hard to say whether or not Performix’s sleek, cool, junky delivery design is better than Slimvance’s standard, straightforward, junky caps.
- Neither Slimvance Stimulant Free nor Performix Stimfree impress us on the delivery and cleanliness scales. Having said that, Performix places more emphasis on its delivery technology than Slimvance, so …that’s pretty neat.
|Slimvance Stimulant Free||vs.||Performix Stimfree|
|1 Bottle (30 servings)||$59.99||1 Bottle (78 servings)||$59.99|
|Price Per Serving||$2.00||Price Per Serving||$0.77|
Obviously, Performix Stimfree is way cheaper than Slimvance Stimulant Free, right? After all, Performix supplies 78 servings for essentially the same price as Slimvance’s 30 servings …riiiiight?? Actually, no.
Performix Stimfree supplies 78 servings, yet requires three servings daily, cutting its supply to 26 days’ worth of caps. Slimvance, on the other hand, provides a full 30 days’ worth of pills for $59.99, outcompeting Performix by four days. Of course, you might be able to fish around Amazon, GNC, etc. for different prices for each supplement, which may change the outcome here.
- However, as it currently stands, Slimvance Stimulant Free supplies a longer lasting product than the equally priced Performix Stimfree. Now, it’s up for you to decide if Slimvance’s one daily capsule (for 30 days) is truly better than Performix Stimfree’s three daily capsules (for 26 days).
Slimvance Stimulant Free vs. Performix Stimfree: Which is Better?
Performix Stimfree has more fat burning ingredients that work individually. However, Slimvance Stimulant Free has a fat burning formula that works collectively.
Because both supplements went the proprietary blend route, we can’t know for sure whether each individual ingredient works in either formula. Fortunately, Slimvance Stimulant Free did us the service of putting its formula to the clinical test, reasonably demonstrating that: Yes, Slimvance Stimulant Free works.
Unfortunately, that’s a claim that can’t be truthfully made for the untested Performix Stimfree. Even so, there are legitimate reasons for choosing Performix over Slimvance — e.g., Performix simply has more fat burners. However, for now, we’re sticking with the formula with the better numbers by its name.
Slimvance Stimulant Free vs. Performix Stimfree Overall Winner:
- Read our full Slimvance Core Slimming Complex Stimulant Free review
- Read our full Performix Stimfree review