If you’ve been searching long and hard for a bodybuilding supplement which can help you muscle up and lean out, maybe it’s time to consider SCIVATION XTEND Ripped. This review will give you the lowdown, and then some.
About SCIVATION XTEND Ripped
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped “is a revolutionary cutting formula that promotes lean muscle growth while packing in ingredients like CLA and Capsimax to help enhance fat loss,” per the manufacturer’s official website. Formula notes:
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop. These help increase protein synthesis, repair muscle tissue, and ramp up endurance.
- Capsimax Cayenne fruit extract component. Torches fat without the unwanted side effects.
- Taste. Too sweet and artificial. This is the customers’ biggest gripe about this product.
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped Supplement Facts (Strawberry Kiwi, 501 grams)
|Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (16.7 g)|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%*|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%*|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride)||640 mcg||32%|
Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride
|L-Citrulline Malate (1:1)||1000 mg||**|
|Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)||850 mg||**|
|L-Carnitine (from L-Carnitine Tartrate)||500 mg||**|
|Capsimax® Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract||50 mg||**|
|Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Blue # 1.|
|Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop per 8-16 oz. of water (adjust for taste preferences). Shake well and consume up to two scoops during exercise on training days or between meals on non-training days. For best results, use two scoops per day.|
Shred, Build, And Hydrate
Trying to shed some fat (especially around the middle) is one of the most challenging fitness goals. You may be exercising regularly and eating soundly, but the extra layer of fat around the middle is still there. Don’t fret; there are a heap of fat burners on the market which can help you.
On that note, let’s hope we can mention SCIVATION XTEND Ripped in the same breath. “XTEND Ripped is a revolutionary cutting formula that promotes lean muscle growth while packing in ingredients like CLA and Capsimax to help enhance fat loss,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
“XTEND Ripped is the perfect intra-workout weight loss supplement to help you beat goals and start achieving that completely shredded look you’ve been going after,” per the same source.
This bodybuilding supplement is one of the most scrutinized in recent memory. Try logging on to Amazon and you’ll see customers have written almost five thousand reviews. It would be interesting to see what the hype is all about, to say the least.
Formulation, 16.7 grams
One heaping scoop of SCIVATION XTEND Ripped is equal to 16.7 grams. Leading the charge are the three branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which take up a total of seven grams per scoop on a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio.
BCAAs are essential amino acids, which means your body cannot synthesize them. You must obtain them from foods and supplements. Check out their impressive benefits:
- Increase muscle protein synthesis
- Boost fat loss
- Regulate hormone balance during exercise
- May increase strength
- Increase endurance and ward off fatigue
- Keep muscle soreness at bay
- Improve insulin sensitivity
No wonder BCAAs are some of the most versatile bodybuilding supplement ingredients. We’re glad they’re in SCIVATION XTEND Ripped. We’re certain this product’s 3.5 grams of l-leucine per serving will help you build muscle mass (leucine is the most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart muscle protein synthesis).
Some studies also reveal leucine helps ward off inflammation, preserve muscle mass, and increase fat loss (by signaling the release of an appetite-suppressing hormone from the hypothalamus). In fact, the American Chemical Society’s (ACS) official website says leucine can help individuals “who want to lose weight while preserving their lean body mass, or who are elderly and don’t eat or exercise enough to maintain their strength.”
On the other hand, SCIVATION XTEND Ripped also has 1.75 grams each of l-isoleucine and l-valine. The former helps regulate blood sugar levels, repair muscle tissue, increase endurance, produce hemoglobin, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
For its part, valine helps repair muscle tissue, increase endurance and muscle growth, regulate the immune system, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance. We’re confident SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s isoleucine and valine components will help you achieve your fitness goals.
This fat-burning supplement also has 2.5 grams of glutamine per scoop. We’re talking about an ingredient bodybuilders have been using since the Golden Era. It has clearly passed the test of time. Here’s what glutamine can do for your body:
- Preserves muscle mass
- Increases human growth hormone (HGH) levels
- Boosts gastrointestinal function
- Acts as a neurotransmitter for improved concentration, focus, and memory
- Improves athletic performance
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Keeps free radicals at bay
According to a study which the Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness published in 2011 (via ELS-CDN.com), “Glutamine supplementation attenuated the magnitude of strength loss, improved the time course of strength recovery, and diminished muscle soreness more rapidly in comparison with an isocarbohydrate placebo.”
The takeaway: not only is glutamine an excellent bet for workout recovery purposes (which explains why it’s in many post-workout supplements), but it’s a great complement to SCIVATION XTEND’s fat-burning components. This bodes well for your lean-muscle-building goals.
SCIVATION XTEND also has one gram of l-citrulline malate (1:1) per serving. This is a combination of the nitric-oxide boosting amino acid l-citrulline and malic acid. The former is also a precursor to l-arginine, which helps increase vasodilation, muscle pumps, and blood flow. Malic acid helps increase exercise endurance. You can find citrulline malate in many pre-workout supplements like Nutrex OUTLIFT AMPED and Dymatize Pre W.O.
“The rate of muscle oxidative ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production during exercise and the rate of PCr recovery after exercise both increase in subjects (who) supplemented for 15 days with citrulline/malate,” per the British Journal of Sports Medicine.
Granted, SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s l-citrulline malate is not otherworldly as those of pre-workouts, but it’ll help increase your muscle pumps while you lose fat. For any bodybuilding enthusiast, nothing could be better than that.
Next up are 850 milligrams of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) per scoop. This ingredient is related to omega-6 fatty acids. It’s also a natural ingredient one can find in eggs, milk, beef, lamb, and dairy. The human body cannot synthesize CLA, so one must obtain them from whole foods and supplements (similar to BCAA consumption).
Check out its key benefits:
- Boosts fat loss
- Ramps up and preserves muscle mass
- Increases strength and endurance
- Regulates cholesterol levels
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Keeps free radicals at bay
Some experts say contemporary research on CLA (both CLA alone and in combination with exercise) remains inconclusive. While its benefits remain impressive, they’re not as time-tested as l-carnitine’s. This fat-burning compound (from l-carnitine tartrate) takes up 500 milligrams per serving in SCITVATION XTEND Ripped.
L-carnitine is a combination of lysine and methionine. It transports fats into the cells which, in turn, will convert them into energy later. Long story short, l-carnitine not only incinerates fat, but it also helps ramp up your energy levels.
Plus, it also helps improve athletic performance, increase work capacity, shorten recovery time, enhance cognitive function, and regulate blood sugar levels. Clearly, l-carnitine is much more than just a fat-burning compound.
The Asian Journal of Sports Medicine’s June 5, 2014 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) concluded, “Two-week daily oral supplementation of l-carnitine has alleviating effects on lipid peroxidation and muscle damage markers following an acute bout of exercise in active healthy young men.”
L-carnitine has a stellar track record in the bodybuilding supplement industry. We’re confident SCITVATION XTEND Ripped’s 500 milligrams of l-carnitine per serving will go a long way.
This fat-burning supplement also has 50 milligrams of Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract per scoop. Simply known as capsicum, this component is a type of chilli pepper or ancestral spice which helps ward off inflammation, improve gastrointestinal function, strengthen bones, and slow down the aging process.
In terms of its fat-burning prowess, the journal Bioscience Reports’ May 11, 2017 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov) concluded, “capsaicin (a chemical which makes chilli peppers such as capsicum spicy) plays a critical role in human and has multiple benefits for metabolic health, especially for weight loss in obese individuals.”
The same source also says, “No adverse effects with capsaicin were observed in most studies. Thus, chilli peppers and capsaicin are safely and easily applicable to our daily life.” It sure seems to us capsicum and chilli peppers in general deserve a spot in today’s fat burners. We’re stoked it’s in SCIVATION XTEND Ripped.
Electrolyte Blend, 1,140 milligrams
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s Electrolyte Blend takes up 1.14 grams per scoop. Electrolytes are minerals which contain electrical charges which help stimulate nerves and muscles. They also help increase hydration, keep muscle cramps at bay, and maintain optimum blood pH and water levels in the body.
This product has three kinds of electrolytes: sodium citrate, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride. You can find these electrolytes in many bodybuilding supplements, specifically post-workout products.
“Electrolyte supplementation is generally not necessary because dietary intake is adequate to offset electrolytes lost in sweat and urine; however, during initial days of hot-weather training or when meals are not calorically adequate, supplemental salt intake may be indicated to sustain sodium balance,” per Clinics in Sports Medicine’s July 1999 issue (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov).
This tells us SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s Electrolyte Blend will come in handy during the aforementioned situations. You can’t go wrong with electrolytes: they’ll help shorten your recovery time, for sure.
Let’s check out the formula ingredients:
- Calories, 20: SCIVATION XTEND Ripped is a low-calorie fat burner with just 20 calories per serving.
- Calories from fat, 15: Even though most of this product’s calorie content comes from fats, it’s still a low-fat product at two percent of the daily value (a maximum daily value of five percent is low).
- Total fat, 1.5 g: SCIVATION XTEND is a low-fat bodybuilding supplement at just two percent of the daily value.
- Total carbohydrate, 1 g: This product is also low in carbs at less than one percent of the daily value. It should complement any low-carb and lean-muscle-building nutrition plan perfectly.
- Sugars, 0 g: SCIVATION XTEND Ripped has zero sugar content, which is great. However, it does have sucralose, an artificial sweetener which may increase obesity.
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), 640 mcg: This B vitamin helps improve cardiovascular function, boost liver health, regulate the nervous and immune systems, and maintain optimal hormone levels in the body. SCIVATION XTEND Ripped has a solid 32 percent of the daily value for vitamin B6 (a minimum daily value of 15 percent is high).
- Sodium, 230 mg: SCIVATION XTEND has average sodium content at 10 percent of the daily value. If you’re monitoring your salt intake, consult your physician before buying this product.
- Potassium, 230 mg: This product also has average potassium content at seven percent of the daily value.
- L-leucine, 3,500 mg: This is the most anabolic amino acid which helps kickstart the muscle protein synthesis process. Leucine also helps preserve muscle mass, ward off inflammation, and suppress appetite.
- L-glutamine, 2,500 mg: An amino acid which helps preserve muscle mass, increase human growth hormone levels, improve gut function and athletic performance, boost memory and focus, ward off free radicals, and regulate blood sugar levels.
- L-isoleucine, 1,750 mg: A BCAA which helps repair muscle tissue, increase energy levels, regulate blood sugar levels, maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and produce hemoglobin.
- L-valine, 1,750 mg: A BCAA which helps increase endurance and muscle growth, repair muscle tissue, shore up the immune system, and maintain a positive nitrogen balance.
- L-citrulline malate (1:1), 1,000 mg: This is l-citrulline bonded to malic acid. Citrulline malate helps increase blood flow, vascularity, muscle pumps, and endurance.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), 850 mg: An ingredient related to omega-6 fatty acids which helps increase fat loss, strength, and endurance; preserve muscle mass, regulate cholesterol and blood sugar levels, and ward off free radicals.
- L-carnitine (from l-carnitine tartrate), 500 mg: This is the fat-burning compound l-carnitine bonded to tartaric acid. It helps boost fat loss, increase energy levels, shorten recovery time, and improve exercise capacity.
- Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract, 50 mg: This ingredient is an extract from cayenne pepper which helps keep inflammation at bay, boost gut function, strengthen bones, and slow down the aging process.
Electrolyte Blend, 1,140 milligrams
- Sodium citrate: An electrolyte which helps regulate the acidity of urine.
- Potassium chloride: A combination of potassium and chlorine which helps regulate blood pressure levels and improve cardiovascular function.
- Sodium chloride: Simply known as salt, this electrolyte helps transport nutrients, maintain optimal fluid balance, transmit nerve signals, and promote muscle relaxation.
The manufacturer dubs SCIVATION XTEND Ripped as “a revolutionary cutting-edge formula that promotes lean muscle growth” and “perfect intra-workout weight-loss supplement,” per its official website. After a thorough analysis, we say the product meets our expectations. However, it didn’t blow us away.
You start things off with seven grams of BCAAs per serving on a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio. Like we said, you must obtain these from whole foods or supplements. This much should help you achieve your fitness goals. You can’t go wrong with 3.5 grams of l-leucine and 1.75 grams each of l-isoleucine and valine.
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s 2.5 grams of l-glutamine per serving should also work wonders. This is a versatile and time-tested bodybuilding supplement ingredient which helps preserve muscle mass, increase HGH levels, ward off free radicals, and boost gut health, among other things. Glutamine may have its share of detractors, but we stand pat on our claim: it’s a great asset in any fitness program.
As for this product’s l-citrulline malate component, it helps increase blood flow, vascularity, and muscle pumps. It also helps regulate blood pressure levels, improve nutrient uptake, and ramp up endurance levels. One gram of l-citrulline malate per serving isn’t high by any standards, but it should complement the other ingredients nicely.
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s 850 milligrams of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) per scoop should help, too. We’re confident it’ll help you torch fat, increase muscle mass, strength, and endurance, and regulate cholesterol levels. Realistically, CLA is not on the same stratosphere as, say, l-carnitine, but it should make a difference.
You also can’t go wrong with 500 milligrams of l-carnitine tartrate per serving. Expect increased fat loss and energy levels, shorter recovery time, and improve exercise capacity when you consume this ingredient. The 50 milligrams of Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract per scoop is a nice finishing touch. We’re sure it’ll help you incinerate fat, keep inflammation at bay, and improve gut function.
Let’s also not forget about the solid 32 percent of the daily value for vitamin B6 per scoop. This much should help boost heart and liver health, regulate the nervous and immune systems, and maintain optimal hormone levels in the body.
On the other hand, the Elctrolyte Blend (1,140 mg per serving) should help increase hydration, maintain an optimal fluid balance, and ward off muscle cramps. The knock against it is its transparency – the manufacturer fails to break down each electrolyte amount. That doesn’t bode well for the customer at all.
In terms of reputation, customers have given SCIVATION XTEND Ripped good reviews online. They say it complements their fitness routine quite nicely.
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped is by no means a perfect product. The first chink is its transparency. It also has sucralose, an artificial sweetener which experts have linked to obesity and the like. Stevia, a natural alternative which helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, would have been the better option.
This supplement also contains FD&C Blue NO. 1, an artificial food coloring which has several side effects.
Finally, many customers aren’t impressed with SCIVATION XTEND Ripped’s taste – they say it’s too sweet and artificial. We agree with their assessment. We’re hoping the manufacturer improves the taste sooner than later.
Nevertheless, SCIVATION XTEND Ripped should make a difference in your workouts and fitness lifestyle. Its solid formulation should serve as hard evidence. When the manufacturer comes up with a cleaner advanced formula, watch out.
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped Benefits
“At the recommended two scoops per day, XTEND RIPPED builds on the clinically-studied XTEND BCAA powder formula that promotes lean mass, muscle strength, and fat loss,” per the manufacturer’s official website.
Who Takes It?
The manufacturer intended SCIVATION XTEND Ripped for healthy and active individuals who are at least 18 years of age who want to increase lean muscle mass and fat loss, boost long-term health, and achieve their daily fitness goals.
Any Side Effects?
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped cotains sucralose and FC&C Blue No. 1, an artificial sweetener and artificial food coloring, respectively, which have certain side effects.
If these, or any other ingredient, make you feel doubtful, please consult your physician before buying SCIVATION XTEND Ripped.
The manufacturer also issues a warning:
SCIVATION XTEND Ripped Review Summary
- Good formulation. Meant to build lean muscle mass and torch fat.
- Seven grams of BCAAs per scoop. For muscle protein synthesis, muscle repair, and increased endurance.
- 3.5 grams of l-leucine per serving. The most anabolic amino acid for more muscle growth.
- Contains l-citrulline malate and l-carnitine tartrate. Two time-tested bodybuilding supplement ingredients.
- Capsimax Cayenne fruit extract. Helps increase fat loss without the unwanted side effects.
- Good reputation. Customers have sung this product’s praises online.
- Flavor options. Comes in Strawberry Kiwi, Watermelon Lime, and Blueberry Lemonade flavors.
- Transparency. Electrolyte Blend is a shady proprietary blend.
- Fillers. Contains sucralose and FD&C Blue No. 1.
- Taste. Too sweet and artificial.
Pricing & Where to Buy
- 1 501-gram Container (30-Day Supply): $37.99
- Available online and in retail
Final Word on SCIVATION XTEND Ripped
If you want to muscle up and lean out, SCIVATION XTEND Ripped can help you. When you make this supplement a part of a healthy lifestyle which includes regular exercise, sound nutrition habits, and enough sleep, good things will happen.
SCIVATION XTEND may not be a perfect product, but it’s still worth a shot. We recommend you try it and see the difference it makes. Better yet, we’re going to wait for a cleaner advanced formula for better long-term results.