Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder or so the saying goes. Truth be told, people have various ways of interpreting what beauty to them is but when it comes to the fitness world, it’s all about your muscle to fat ratio!
But Performix has a different idea. Since people buy supplements to look great, why not add in something that’s specifically made to make people look pretty? And so SST Glow was born!
We reviewed Performix SST and we liked it for the most part (except the price tag) and we wonder if our review of this fat burner will be as glowing as its name suggests. Only one way to find out.
About SST Glow
Performix SST Glow was clearly made for women. They even say it on their label! It also makes use of the same capsule technology SST has. We like the fact that they go about and explain why the heck is this capsule so special and perhaps to subtly give an excuse as to why this fat burner is freaking expensive. Formula notes:
- B-Complex: Huge dosing for each!
- Beauty & Burn: Be fit and have great skin!
- Premium stuff: Ingredients are either branded or standardized.
Performix SST Glow Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin D-3 (as Cholecalciferol)||2,000 IU|
|Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid)||8.5 mg|
|Vitamin B-12 (as Methylcobalamin)||850 mcg|
|Performix™ Super Beauty Complex||1,203 mg|
|TERRA Pod Ballistic Energy Complex|
|Caffeine Anhydrous (170 mg), Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root/leaf) [std. to 8% Withanolides and 32% Ogliosacchardies], Advantra Z® Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium) extract (fruit), [supplying synephrine, n-methyltyramine, hordenine, tyramine, and octopamine], Synephrine HCl, Huperzine A 1% (Huperzia serrata) extract (aerial parts), Yohimbine HCl, Mucuna pruriens extract (seeds) [std. to 40% L-DOPA], BioPerine® Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) extract (fruit) [std. to 95% Piperine]|
|Lipo Beautifying Skin Complex|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides, Lipowheat® wheat (Triticum vulgare) Oil Extract [Supplying Glycolipids, Phytoceramides, and Glycosylceramides] (350 mg), Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) extract (seed) [std. to 78% Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)], Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Oil [std. to 10% gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)(Omega-6)]|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin (Capsule), Sucrose, Starch, Silica, Povidone, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, take a 1/2 serving (1 capsule) in the morning, on an empty stomach, to gauge your energy levels. Once your tolerance is established, you may increase to the full serving (2 capsules). Do not take more than 2 capsules daily. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six hours of bedtime. Please read entire label before use.|
You get beautiful skin first, energy second, fat burning last.
Fat burning and beauty is synonymous when you think about it. When you burn lots of fat, you get a fitter, stronger, and sexier body and for most people, that is beautiful. But just because these two subjects share similarities doesn’t mean you have to actually combine them. Consumers buying this expecting equal amount of fat burning and beautifying may be disappointed. Let’s break down the ingredients in this formula:
Before we start off we just have to give a well-deserved nod to the premium forms of vitamins added here specially the dosages for each one.
TERRA Pod Ballistic Energy Complex
- Caffeine. We got 170 mg of our #2 best fat burner which means the rest of the ingredients will get a lot less.
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha. This premium form of ashwagandha which is known to be an adaptogenic herb. It should help reduce fatigue and could lead to better physical performance.
- Advantra Z® Bitter Orange. The premium brand of bitter orange which is known to tweak our hormones into making them burn more fat.
- Synephrine HCl. This is the active compound found in bitter orange so it may seem a bit redundant but based on where it is on the dosing ladder, we’re sure the dosing is minimal.
- Huperzine A. One of the most potent nootropics out there capable of working in microfreakinggrams. The 1% indicates it’s standardized to 1% Huperzine A which is pretty low even for this nootropic.
- Yohimbine HCl. The active compound found in Yohimbe which is capable of boosting fat burning efforts but you might end up with palpitations and even hypertension. Dosing seems okay since yohimbine’s standard dosing is around 3-5 mg.
- Mucuna Pruriens. Our #3 T-booster is here and standardized to 40% L-DOPA which is thought to boost workout motivation. Shame the dosing looks insignificant.
- BioPerine® Black Pepper. A staple ingredient in any supplement, even in small doses, this premium brand of black pepper is known to boost absorption of ingredients and spikes our metabolism.
Lipo Beautifying Skin Complex
- Medium Chain Triglycerides. MCTs are known to be a sort of superfood in that they are capable of both energy and weight loss on top of other benefits. They also show beautifying perks for hair and skin although we’re sure Performix has yet again used MCTs for boosting absorption.
- Lipowheat® wheat oil extract. This is a neat brand of wheat oil extract and is said to be capable of improving the skin barrier to lock-in moisture and even prevent skin infection. The dosage of 350 mg is also standard so it should work as advertised.
- Safflower. It’s standardized to 78% CLA but the dosage is meaningless as CLA works at upwards of 1 g. Probably added to function the same as MCTs.
- Evening Primrose. Standardized to 10% gamma-Linolenic Acid, this compound is capable of making the skin lively and supple. The problem is we’re sure it’s terribly underdosed as studies use at least 500 mg.
Performix SST Glow’s formula focuses too much on beautifying than fat burning. We like how it’s patterned against Performix SST but we feel like users would get the short end of the stick if most what SST Glow does is make your skin look pretty.
Based on the supplement facts, they devoted at least 1,000 mg to their Lipo Beautifying Skin Complex blend and just over 200 mg for the actual fat burners. We get it, this is for “girls” or at least for people who like to have better-looking skin but beauty is just skin deep because people would also buy this for the fat burning and aim for the beauty that goes deeper. (hint: it’s being fit)
Shame too since the fat burners included are pretty dope specially with caffeine, Advantra-Z, and synephrine in the mix. If only the fat burners got more attention as the beauty blend then maybe this kind of formulation would actually work and not be terribly unbalanced.
We don’t hate it, though. We just think users would be better off buying SST and another skin supplement specially since like we said, SST and SST Glow have similar formulas. Not to mention a really high price tag!
SST Glow Benefits
You’ll get healthy and beautiful skin plus a good amount of energy. Fat burning isn’t the highlight but it should still tweak your fat burning hormones a bit.
Who Takes It?
Definitely for users who like the idea of mixing a skin supplement and a fat burner. Not saying just women since we know a few guys who won’t mind having better looking skin.
Any Side Effects?
It has caffeine but it also has Ashwagandha which sort of works to help prevent jitters and crashing. At 170 mg, though, it could only really hurt you if you’re not used to drinking coffee.
SST Glow Summary
- Quality ingredients. We like ’em branded.
- Beauty and Burn. A rare combination indeed.
- Smart capsules. We’re not sure how it works but it looks awesome.
- B-Complex. Hot damn, those doses are huge.
- Weak burn. Sacrificed fat burning for beauty.
- How much?!. That price tag ain’t attracting the 99%
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (30 servings): $64.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on SST Glow
Performix SST Glow is what a good hybridized supplement between beauty and burn would look like. Good if you don’t mind the rather mild burn and bad if you’re like us who do.
The ingredients are solid as they are either premium or standardized. The design gives a sign of research and budget too but we can’t exactly say SST Glow does justice to both fat burning and beautifying. If anything, SST Glow is more of a beauty supplement with added energy and fat burning than the other way around. It might also serve to offend females who see the formula as condescending but that’s not our area of expertise.
What we can tell you is Performix SST Glow is a good buy so long as you have a different fat burner supplement and if you have the cash for it with emphasis on the latter.