Lipo Cuts literally cuts… through the BS of bloated fat-burners hell-bent on cramming in as many crappy ingredients as possible.
Nah, Bro, what we have here is a simple, streamlined, straight-up fat-burner stack that uses premium ingredients.
Lipo Cuts is made to work, Broseph. And the formula design is a good one for Bros Who Lift, since this “metabolism booster” also supplies some good sports nutrients for physical performance & lean muscle mass.
But is Lipo Cuts worth carrying in your gym bag, given the risk of having your Man-Card revoked for taking a supplement with such a girly-looking box? Let’s find out.
About Lipo Cuts
Lipo Cuts markets itself as a metabolism booster that has a special time-release capsule. Basically, this capsule is capable of slowly releasing the active ingredients and enables the effect to last for longer periods of time. They mention the use of a carrier oil and we guess it has something to do with the MCTs in this formula, but MCTs are good training nutrients on their own, too. Formula notes:
- Sensoril: “The Good Shit” Ashwagandha. Not a fat-burner, but an awesome physical performance ingredient.
- MCT+CLA: A nice 1-2 stack for a fat burner; good for supporting lean muscle mass and better body composition.
- WTF Other Ingredients: Sugar and lots of colorants plus other things that don’t really belong in a standard weight loss capsule.
Lipo Cuts Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 2 Beadcaps|
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Niacin||20 mg (100% DV)|
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||60 mcg (1,000% DV)|
|Lipo Cut Matrix Thermogenic Shredding Complex||1,175mg|
|Caffeine Anhydrous (185 mg), Sensoril™ Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract (root/leaf), [Std. to 8% Withanolides, and 32% Oligosaccharides], Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) extract (root) [Std. 10:1], Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) extract (fruit) [Std. to 95% Piperine]|
|Liquid Shredding Complex||?|
|Medium Chain Triglycerides, Safflower Extract (seed) [Std. to 80% Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)]|
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Sugar, Starch, Silicon Dioxide, Talc, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Povidone, FD&C Red #40, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Yellow #5 Lake|
|Directions for use: As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 serving (2 capsules) up to twice per day at least 5 hours apart. This product should not be taken in combination with other products containing caffeine or other stimulants. Do not take within six hours of bedtime. Please read the entire label before use.|
Lipo Cuts is a Gym Rat’s fat-burner that apparently has a “muscle mass” fat-loss strategy.
Lipo Cuts sells itself as a shredding formula, and seems customized for Bros who are hitting the gym hard to pack on the lean muscle that helps boost metabolism. Now, there are plenty of fat-burners for gym rats on the market. Including some truly great ones.
Lipo Cuts is good, but isn’t up to that caliber of greatness yet. It lacks other formulas’ punch you in the freakin’ face potency. Instead, Lipo Cuts goes for a time-release delivery that makes the effects milder, but longer-lasting. It also seems to be designed for efficiency, shunning those bloated, random fat-burner formulas for a streamlined stack of just a few carefully chosen burners.
Let’s break down those ingredients:
Lipo Cut Thermogenic Shredding Complex, 1175 mg
- Caffeine: The star of the show. Caffeine is well-known for energy and its thermogenic properties. We have a good 185 mg in this formula and while we like the dose, the effects may not last that long unless that time-release thing holds up.
- Sensoril® Ashwagandha. Lipo Cuts is proud to have added it in the form of Sensoril, a premium brand of Ashwagandha standardized to 8% Withanolides and 32% Oligosaccharides. This is the good shit, Bro. The adaptogenic effects of this herb are well documented and is said to help reduce fatigue which could lead you to have more gains.
- Dandelion: Dandelion is a diuretic aka a piss-promoter and reduces water retention. Less water equals more muscular definition and helps reveal cuts and veins. Personally, we see this as out of place since losing water weight is only really practical once you get below 10% body fat.
- Black Pepper. This is a crowd favorite. It’s capable of boosting absorption for just about any compound and nutrient you can think of which ensures maximum effect for each dose.
Liquid Shredding Complex
- MCT. Commonly found in coconut oil, MCTs are used in sports nutrition to get weight down while increasing lean muscle mass. They are also suggested to help with increasing energy expenditure and fat burning. MCTs are believed to be an efficient source of energy that might help with nutrient. The issue here is dosage; if a regular MCT dose is 1 tablespoon (supplying about 15 g of MCTs), then how much can possibly be in a Lipo Cuts cap?
- Safflower. CLA is known for promoting more muscle and less body fat in athletes but we’re sure as hell the dosage here is too low for that. Considering Safflower is standardized for 80% CLA, we wonder why they didn’t just add CLA directly.
The whole Stimulate/Burn + Relax is a worn-out angle but it always works, provided you know what you’re doing. We think Lipo Cuts does a pretty good job working within this fat-burning niche, and they make the most of their formula strategy by using some high-end ingredients, starting with a nice pop of the enhanced-potency form of Vitamin B12, Methylcobalamin.
In the first blend. Caffeine is the highlight of the show. The ‘FEINE is what it is, Bro: A reliable metabolic booster with some added benefits for alertness and focus.
Ashwagandha is not a fat-burner… but it’s an awesome adaptogen herb, and Lipo Cuts uses an awesome high-quality brand of Ashwagandha as Sensoril. Why would they even use it? We think that due to Ashwagandha’s adaptogen properties, it might help with the jitters & overstimulation of the formula’s caffeine. But that’s the tip of the iceberg, Bro. Ashwagandha is a balls out sex-booster, T-booster, physical performance booster, and it even has good nootropic properties. At the end of the day, we think it’s in Lipo Cuts to help supercharge training efforts for maximum shredding effects and also to help pack on more metabolism-boosting lean muscle mass.
Dandelion’s function is to help you get sliced and diced by pissing out all of your body water. The Dandelion in Lipo Cuts is a potent 10:1 extract, so prepare for extra time in the can, Bro. It’s gonna make you pee like Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun:
Back to those Lipo Cuts ingredients…. We always welcome Black Pepper Extract, especially when it’s standardized to 95% Piperine. That’s good quality. Black Pepper Extract is brilliant in supplements like Lipo Cuts because it boosts absorption of other nutrients, but also appears to have some fat-burning activity on its own, too. Not quite as good as cayenne pepper, but still damn good.
Lipo Cuts’ second blend takes a bigger bite off the capsule’s available dosages. This “Liquid Shredder” is all about MCTs and CLA, which work together to cut through fat while preserving muscle. Awesome nutrients for training and burning fat, but we just don’t know about their dosage. Since Lipo Cuts is using a goddamn prop blend that hides dosages, and since MCTs in particular are usually dosed pretty high, we’re gonna say the Liquid Shredding Complex looks a little weak.
We do like the idea of a standardized safflower extract though; maybe there is an advantage to supplying CLA not as an isolated compound, but within the matrix of one of its best natural sources. Safflower, bro. We’re talking safflower.
Lipo Cuts Benefits
You’ll have a good surge of energy and alertness, likely accompanied by some enhanced thermogenesis and metabolism boosts. We think the Ashwagandha is a great ingredient because it will counter stress and jitters, sharpen focus, and supercharge your physical performance. Combined with the MCTs and CLA, we think this makes Lipo Cuts a good formula for athletic training and gym performance, which will of course help with fat loss. Oh yeah, and that 10:1 Dandelion extract? You’ll pee like a racehorse.
Who Takes It?
It’s marketed to bodybuilders and bros who are looking to get shredded, ripped, sliced and diced. Although, we gotta point out the obvious…. what’s up with the girly packaging and branding of Lipo Cuts? It looks like a freakin’ ladies perfume package. But no worries, the ingredients are all Bro. And what we see looks pretty well-tailored to Bros who are burning fat the right way: Taking some smart fat-burner supplements in conjunction with some hardcore training erry damn day, ya heard???
Any Side Effects?
It’s caffeinated. You know the drill. Jitters, fits of rage, shakes, etc., etc. We do think the Ashwagandha will help with those effects, but we don’t have any evidence… just going off its legendary reputation as an herbal adaptogen. Have we mentioned that Lipo Cuts will make you piss like there’s no tomorrow? That’s a side effect too.
Lipo Cuts Summary
- Good energy. Caffeine is always reliable, but not particularly sexy.
- Sensoril. Premium Ashwagandha boosts boners, T, focus, performance & more
- MCT + CLA. Solid sports nutrients for lean muscle mass. MASS, BRO.
- Quality. High-quality, enhanced-potency nutrient forms… a good sign.
- Formulation. Cool hybrid design we haven’t seen the likes of before.
- Prop blend. Seeing is believing and we can’t see shit.
- Other ingredients. WTF is sugar doing there? And those colors!
- Underdosed. First blend looks decent but the other one, mehhhhh….
- Expensive. Bro, my wallet doesn’t have time for this.
- Sustained release. We’d prefer a short, intense spike for PWO purposes.
- Not a balls-out fat burner. If that’s your focus, you can do better.
Pricing & Buying Info
- 1 bottle (1 month): $37.99
- Available online and in retail stores
Final Word on Lipo Cuts
Lipo Cuts is a functional fat burner. But it seems to pay more attention to training benefits, with nutrition for stress, focus, physical performance and muscle mass. Now, this could be a brilliant move, since that lean muscle delivers the metabolism boost the Lipo Cuts box advertises. But even if that’s their strategy, it’s not nearly as direct as other fat burners, and takes a hell of a lot more work (LIFTING) to get there. Still, we like Lipo Cuts as a unique fat-burner/PWO hybrid, and their use of some top-shelf, quality nutrient forms earns our trust.