Why aren’t these raspberry ketones working?
They said, downing their 3rd unicorn frappuccino of the day.
Here’s the problem with ketone boosting supplements: You. How can you expect a ketosis booster to work, if you don’t even ketosis, bro?
So, here’s what you need to do before you read this KetoFIRE review: Cut the carbs. Cut the candy. And cut the crap. Then maybe we can talk about whether or not these ketosis fat burners are worth the dough (which you should have plenty of now that you removed Starbucks from your daily routine).
Formulated by Dr. Josh Axe and Jordan Rubin, KetoFIRE (and KetoFIRE Caffeine Free) is a Ketone Activator supplement designed to promote ketogenic fat loss. Hell yeah — ketosis! There’s a fat burning buzzword we all know, but have no idea what it actually means! (We’ll explain down below.) Formula notes:
- Ketone Activator: KetoFIRE burns fat through a particular mechanism: ketosis — by providing exogenous ketones, fatty oils, antioxidants, and more.
- Massive Servings: Most supplements hover around 1 to 2, maybe 3, capsules or tablets per serving. KetoFIRE stacks a fat 6 capsules per serving per day here.
- Proprietary Blend: Unfortunately, they hide the individual ingredient dosages beneath a proprietary blend label. (To be honest, we’re not too worried with this one, due to the large serving size.)
KetoFIRE Supplement Facts
|Serving Size: 6 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Sodium||150 mg (6% DV)|
|Potassium||132 mg (4% DV)|
|Calcium||124 mg (12% DV)|
|Magnesium||43 mg (11% DV)|
|KetoFIRE Blend||4000 mg|
|Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (as goBHB), Organic Ashwagandha Extract (Root), Fermented Organic Ginger (rhizome), Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Calcium Fructoborate, Organic Coffee Cherry Extract, Medium Chain Triglycerides (coconut), Organic Chicken Bone Broth Oil, Fermented Organic Black Pepper (fruit), Fermented Organic Long Pepper (fruit), Fermented Organic Reishi Mushroom Mycelium (Ganoderma lucidum), Lipase Enzyme Blend, Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen Peptides, Chicken Bone Broth|
Adults take 6 capsules daily with 8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage. May be taken with or without food.
With 6 capsules per serving, a 4000 mg fat burner blend, KetoFIRE is a meal in and of itself.
While I’m not too thrilled on the proprietary status of KetoFIRE’s blend, the 4,000 mg allotted to its ingredients, spread across 6 daily caps, has me confident that these manufacturers provided enough space for this supplement to work.
I’m skeptical …but I’m also skeptical of my skepticism. So, before we dive down that rabbit hole, let’s take a look at the ingredients used in the KetoFIRE Blend.
KetoFIRE Review: Proprietary Blend
By order of highest dosed to lowest dosed, the ingredients in the proprietary KetoFIRE Blend include:
Beta-Hydroxybutyrate – Betahydroxybutyrate, or BHB, is a ketone-like compound used by the body to produce energy in the absence of glucose. Supplementing this exogenous “ketone” is believed to promote ketosis.
Ashwagandha Extract – An awesome Ayurvedia adaptogen, strength enhancer, calming nootropic, and stress reducer. Protects the body against excess stress.
Fermented Organic Ginger – Ginger’s bio-active compounds seem to possess significant fat burning and appetite regulating potential. May assist with digestion.
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar – Drinking apple cider vinegar has its health benefits. The pill form on the other hand… it’s hard to say. KetoFIRE seems to use ACV for its antioxidant boost.
Calcium Fructoborate – Often taken for bone and cardiovascular health. KetoFIRE seems to include it for joint support.
Organic Coffee Cherry Extract – KetoFIRE claims to contain “naturally occurring caffeine from organic coffee cherry.” If they also extracted a significant portion of coffee cherry antioxidants, it’s unknown.
Medium Chain Triglycerides – As KetoFIRE correctly points out, MCTs — particularly caprylic acid — may boost your intermittent fasting results, promoting the body’s metabolic turn towards fat burning ketosis.
Organic Chicken Bone Broth Oil – Provides more fats in further support of ketosis.
Fermented Organic Black & Long Peppers – Pepper spices may improve thermogenesis as well as nutrient absorption, boosting this formula’s overall bioavailability.
Fermented Organic Reishi Mushroom – Known as a “superfood” mushroom, Reishi seems to possess a number of health benefits, providing general improvement on health and wellbeing.
Lipase Enzyme Blend – Advertised to facilitate the “breakdown of fat into smaller, absorbable components for easier digestibility.” Essentially, lipase is an enzyme that breaks down lipids.
Hydrolyzed Bovine Collagen Peptides – Claimed to boost energy and protect the body’s cellular system.
KetoFIRE, the Ketone Activator, is a fiery whole food dietary supplement that activates ketosis. We may as well end this review on the supplement’s name: It perfectly sums up the goal of this fat burner. And, frankly, it seems to be telling the truth: Based on the ingredients, KetoFIRE does a good job at activating ketosis.
What is ketosis, you may or may not be asking? Ketosis is:
When the body lacks sufficient glucose for energy, the body metabolizes fat instead. Ketones are a by-product of this process; and thus a “ketogenic diet” is one that promotes an increase in ketone bodies via the body’s conversion from glucose- to fat-breakdown.
KetoFIRE advertises five key steps taken towards achieving “nutritional ketosis” with its proprietary blend formula:
- Medium Chain Triglycerides – provided to release stored fat, promote healthy energy levels, and support cellular and mitochondrial health.
- Caffeine – to boost energy and stamina.
- Organic Adaptogens – to support the adrenal and thyroid endocrine systems.
- Exogenous Ketones – via BHB salts, to provide an alternate fuel source for mind and muscle power.
- Intermittent Fasting – KetoFIRE claims to work particularly “during an intermittent fasting protocol to augment the body’s production of endogenous ketones…”
Backed by an overall sound plan, KetoFIRE makes for an overall sound fat burner that, despite the lame proprietary status, seems to effectively promote fat burning ketogenesis. And the slight emphasis on joint support suggests KetoFIRE has a bodybuilding bent to its design.
The word-for-word benefit claims made by Ancient Nutrition w/r/t KetoFIRE:
- Supports Metabolism & Healthy Weight Management
- Promotes Healthy Energy, Fitness & Sexual Function
- Helps Promote Mental Focus, Clarity and Cognitive Function
Essentially, KetoFIRE promises the standard goals of fat burning, even notching in the secondary, subjective effects of a slimmer, tighter physique: clearer, healthier cognition.
Of course, all of these benefits tank if you’re not upholding a ketosis-friendly lifestyle and diet — i.e. if you’re cramming carbs into your diet while supplementing KetoFIRE. This supplement enhances ketosis, yet it’s up to you to build that foundation in the first place.
Who Takes It?
Low-Carb, Ketogenic Athletes. As we already mentioned, the joint support ingredient seems to suggest this supplement’s targeting the athletic, bodybuilder crowd. Without the more straightforward fat burner ingredients (e.g., Green Tea Extract) in its formula, KetoFIRE works under ketosis conditions. Perhaps best stacked with an intermittent fasting routine.
Any Side Effects?
None reported. The only concern we might have would be in regards to the caffeine levels, given that we’re unsure how much caffeine is in this product; however, the customer reviews seem to indicate that this product produces “great energy levels.” So, odds are the caffeine content’s just fine.
KetoFIRE Review Summary
- Focused. KetoFIRE sticks to its finely tuned script: boosting ketosis fat burns.
- Premium Quality. All natural, organic ingredients and herbal extracts.
- Hefty Servings. Does it break the intermittent fast to consume 6 caps at once?
- Proprietary. The individual ingredient dosages are kept hidden from the customers.
- Pill Powder. As opposed to liquid form — sort of a strange con; however, several of these ingredients seem vastly superior in their actually natural liquid forms (e.g., apple cider vinegar, chicken bone broth). Although, it’s hard to say for sure.
Pricing and Where to Buy
- 1 Bottle (1 month): $59.95
- Available online and in retail stores
Buying from the Dr. Axe store runs you roughly the same price as buying from Amazon. However, Dr. Axe gives you a “Subscribe & Save” option with free shipping.
Final Word on KetoFIRE
With Dr. Josh Axe and Jordan Rubin as the formulators behind KetoFIRE, we at least have faces to blame if the formula just completely sucks. Props to them for standing by their formulas. No props to them for keeping it proprietary. (What you boys hidin’ from us…) While it’s not necessary the best at burning fat in general, it’s perhaps one of the best formulas for stoking the ketosis flames, helping those looking to trim down to a slim, shredded ketone body.